No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we really don't have the other kind of hockey around here. I'm guessing you mean Lacrosse?

I see sam in more independant sports, training by herself or with a casual partner rather than an organized sport. her job doesn't really lend itself to the set schedule that organized sports requier

running, kickboxing, weights adn the like
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nope. Lacrosse is completely different. Lacrosse sticks have nets on the end. We play that over here too. Here's a picture of a school hockey game (I tried to find one from my secondary school, but failed miserably. May be able to find a picture of our school uniform, though)

Spoiler:

It looks a bit big, so I put it in spoiler tags for you all
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        I see Sam practising a kick boxing type sport, so she can spar with Jack to see who comes out on top
        Either way she's be a winner.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Nope. Lacrosse is completely different. Lacrosse sticks have nets on the end. We play that over here too. Here's a picture of a school hockey game (I tried to find one from my secondary school, but failed miserably. May be able to find a picture of our school uniform, though)

Spoiler:

It looks a bit big, so I put it in spoiler tags for you all
          That's called "Field Hockey" in North America. We call the ice hockey variety just Hockey.

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            That's called "Field Hockey" in North America. We call the ice hockey variety just Hockey.

-
            We call that hockey and the other variety "ice hockey"

Comment

LOL you UKers are all a backward bunch, aren't ya?

mini(who was on her HS FH team! those were the days...)geek

Comment

Well, we get it from the French *pokes Lys* (I used to play hockey for my year group too)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Well, we get it from the French *pokes Lys* (I used to play hockey for my year group too)
                  Tara shudders at past thoughts of hockey at Senior School, we where made to play out side with THICK frost on the ground and wearing just a P.E top and a flimsey gym skirt while the P.E teacher was dressed a good deal warmer than us! then to add insult to injury there would be at least one girl that decided i should be whacked in the shins for my trouble!
                  ......TARA......

Comment

I played Ringette for about 8 years of my childhood... does anyone know what THAT is!? lol Also softball for 9 years, basketball, tennis, badminton, karate... *shakes head* No wonder I never had free time...

As promised i've come back to report up on Creation!!! Well, i'm actually not THERE yet, lol, but i'm leaving for the huge 20 min drive there in... 5 hours! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm starting to freak out with excitement, i've ended up getting a bunch of the extra things like the BRUNCH!!! EEEH *jumps around in happy dance*

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      I played Ringette for about 8 years of my childhood... does anyone know what THAT is!? lol Also softball for 9 years, basketball, tennis, badminton, karate... *shakes head* No wonder I never had free time...

As promised i've come back to report up on Creation!!! Well, i'm actually not THERE yet, lol, but i'm leaving for the huge 20 min drive there in... 5 hours! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm starting to freak out with excitement, i've ended up getting a bunch of the extra things like the BRUNCH!!! EEEH *jumps around in happy dance*

Yes I know what ringette is, and field hockey was a very dangerous sport, seeing as part of the game was whacking your opponent. (those girls can be a tough scary bunch,)

And watch out for Spaz, no stealing her dance eh, or she'll whack you with the hockey stick
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ah yes mini you are right, they are a backwards bunch aren't they eh
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                          Tara shudders at past thoughts of hockey at Senior School, we where made to play out side with THICK frost on the ground and wearing just a P.E top and a flimsey gym skirt while the P.E teacher was dressed a good deal warmer than us! then to add insult to injury there would be at least one girl that decided i should be whacked in the shins for my trouble!
                          Yeah, we played on all weather astroturf. When they said all weather, they meant it. I remember having to play in the snow once... yuck! We had to wear a little netball skirt, but got to wear a hockey jersey with knee length socks, so it wasn't too bad.

Just watched Arthur's Mantle courtesy of Skydiver (I love you so, so much right now ) and it was AMAZING. But lacked two tiny things.....

Spoiler:

1. The big team ending. I dunno, I liked the ending, it was nice and light, but I felt like they should have had a team moment, like we were talking about the other day.

2. When they were doing the yes/no bit and Daniel went out of phase, Dr Lee said the thing about push this button for yes, I was waiting for a snarky comment like "and which button for I'm going to f-ing kill you?"

But I adored the episode. Sam was so darn funny the whole way through. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Ah yes mini you are right, they are a backwards bunch aren't they eh
                            Most of 'em even drive on the wrong side of the road. Sheesh.

-

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                              Ah, happy times... I think I might have been one of those whacking your shins... they put me in defence cuz I was vicious at bringing 'em down like that.

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                we really don't have the other kind of hockey around here. I'm guessing you mean Lacrosse?

I see sam in more independant sports, training by herself or with a casual partner rather than an organized sport. her job doesn't really lend itself to the set schedule that organized sports requier

running, kickboxing, weights adn the like
                                Since I played NO sports in HS, didn't even have gym class after my 2nd year, I'll just stay away from the talk about all those odd....physical things you all did.

I see Sam as doing more independant sports as well. Not that I don't see her as a team player, or as competitive, but I just don't see her fitting team sports into her lifestyle.

But I do think she's an aadrenalin junkie-so I could see her going for sports like mountain biking, or rock climbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X