Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jafacakes
    Well, obviously they had never tasted one when they invented that rime
    I tried to resist answering this but my willpower when it comes to Jaffa cakes is zero .They are simply delicious, no mistake about that
    You can find tasty bits of info about them here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A185104
    And Happy Birthday Chopingal
    Darn, and all this time I thought jaffa cakes was referring to Teal'c shaking his booty

I guess I shouldn't have told the one of the newbies a few days ago that jaffacakes weren't edible
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      Howdy campers!

I just wanted to throw a question out there to you guys.

I'm still looking at the Samandan wristband thing and I just wanted to know how many of you would be willing to pre-order them? The issue is that the run of bands will have to be paid for, so I'm wondering if we do a pre-purchase option to raise the initial cash to have them made.

What do you think?

Preordering for certain. We'd have to also make sure extras are ordered for latecomers.

Great idea, Myrth!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I see some new posters here so just a reminder that, if you are so inclined, and havenot yet voted, head over to the Who Should Lead poll and vote your support. Carter is at 356 and I know she can get to 400. You do not have to join the fray on the thread itself if you can avoid that -- just click on page 1 and you go right to the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          ok, i just had to spam

Samanda, we just hit post 32,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          And on my birthday!! The Ides of March, beware of sharp knives!

Had a lovely day with lots of special moments ... and thanks again, all of you, for the wonderful thoughts and reps here at Samanda. NC, your birthday scenario with Janet and Sam had me ROTFLOL. They only put one candle on my cake at work - secretary said she didn't have enough candles and was afraid I couldn't blow so many out anyhow. Young upstart!

Can you feel the love? Group hug for everybody! Jester xxoo

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
            We rock. Seems like just yesterday we were at 20,000....
            We were at 20,000 during the Gabit weekend in October. I remember telling AT that at one of the Q&As when she told the audience about our thread! Wow, that was a very proud moment. And now we're at 32,000 and going strong which means that those Samandans at Gabit2 in November may be conveying a possible 45-50,000 number to Amanda if the thread keeps humming along.

Way to go, Samanda!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Preordering for certain. We'd have to also make sure extras are ordered for latecomers.

Great idea, Myrth!
              Great idea, I'm in too. Fer sure dude.

Ooober, your avatar looks like Amanda's drowning and can't escape. I'm having flashbacks to The Abyss

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                I see some new posters here so just a reminder that, if you are so inclined, and havenot yet voted, head over to the Who Should Lead poll and vote your support. Carter is at 356 and I know she can get to 400. You do not have to join the fray on the thread itself if you can avoid that -- just click on page 1 and you go right to the poll.
                please point the way ... me not know where voting occurs

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  I certainly hope minigeek will be around to translate for you again
                  Sorry Mandy. I'm afraid I'd just have to nod and smile. I don't know what any of that stuff means. Yipes!

geek

Comment

Great idea, Myrth!
                    I haven't been around for some time .... what is this all about ... more info please

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                      please point the way ... me not know where voting occurs

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=24329&page=79

-

Comment

i can prepay for wristbands
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And just for the other people who might be lurking, it is perfectly acceptable to be a fan of Sam and not necassarily want her to lead SG1 We welcome all fans of Sam here

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Great idea, I'm in too. Fer sure dude.

Ooober, your avatar looks like Amanda's drowning and can't escape. I'm having flashbacks to The Abyss
                            It's more like PANICKED!Sam.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              OK, now THAT makes sense.....I was wondering why they were named Jaffa Cakes, but I remember now they had orange flavor as an ingredient. Darn, now I really want to try one...guess I'll nag my hubby into going to the store to buy me a box. I'll blame you!
                              Warning: they're addictive. Coley and 1speed brought some to the hotel at Gabit and I packed some in my suitcase for the return home. Here's a peek at some of the Gabit goodies that weekend ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0820.jpg

You Gabit2 folks will have much more memorabilia the second time around - wristbands and baseball caps and whatever our talented Samandans will come up with! Should be fun.

Comment

It's more like PANICKED!Sam.
                                I dunno... she looks kinda like CONSTIPATED!Sam, to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X