No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to catch up with this thread!! I've been bogged down with work!

Chopingal ---great fic!! Thanks!

Lys--a perfect Carter addition to your calendar!!

A belated welcome to all new posters!! Looking forward to many more of your posts!

Read some other posts and talked to some friends---get ready for some optimism---Sam is the lynchpin of SG-1 and SGA. Looking at the commercials lately for SG-1 and SGA. They are now combining the ads for these shows. I think TPTB have for a long time planned to have more crossovers with SG-1 and SGA. Sam will be the key link between the shows (yet obviously will stay mainly on SG-1). They are moving toward more bridging even now, preparing for next year. I don't think this is a bad thing--I think this could be a good thing.

By the way: check out Beau Bridges' interview in Stargate news thread under Stargate Project updates. He says nice things about all the actors, and very nice things about AT--a lovely lady and a great actress! Yes, Beau, she is a great actress!!

I too really like Sam and Cam friendship so far, NC. I like that they have mutual respect for each other and it shows.

(Got sick on coke and rum when I was in college---can't drink it EVER again. But frozen pizza--yes!)

Comment

I think the Sam and Cam thing will be great for Sam's character development. We've seen her a lot as a maternal, sisterly, brainy or sexy character. Now we'll get to see her more as a funny, friendly person. I mean, we saw her humour with McKay, but because of the competition between them, it was biting and catty, not really showing her humour in it's best light.

It's great for AT too, because she's such a comedian and genuinely warm and funny woman, it's a waste not to use this amazing gift in the show.

1speed4sam: i can imagine Teal'c's face right now. I'm crying with laughter!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        doing this all alone? (poor sam)

no, she's merely waiting for jack to show up. they'll watch the movies together, eat together, laugh together, snuggle together. they'll just be together. (and sam won't *need* those smutty novels when she's got jack )

sally
        I hear you Sally and totally agree with you!! Now I've got Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" running though my head, because that's what Sam wants.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          I hear you Sally and totally agree with you!! Now I've got Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" running though my head, because that's what Sam wants.
          Yes, I do think of Sam and Jack when I hear that. Awwww..... here's to a warm snuggly Shipmas for the O'Neills!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            LOL, we can depend on our sal to have Jack in the picture!

However, remember the original scenario - major snowstorm and Sam is really snowed in, highways impassable which could lead to a really silly fanfic: Sam gets up in the morning, totally miffed at the five-foot drifts in front of her window and so disappointed because Jack was flying in. She goes to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, very gloomy, when, all of a sudden, she hears scraping and thumps coming from her fireplace, turns and, with a crash, down comes Jack ... a bit sooty but arms full of Christmas presents for his one true love!

The End (or is it just The Beginning)
            That is so cute!! You have to write that one!! Please?

mini(who's off to shovel her own driveway!)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Awww. What I'd give for a snowed in Christmas. Or actually, a snowed in pre-Christmas so I didn't have to go back to the olds.

Shame I don't have myself a Jack to snuggle with.

But I have Samanda guys! SQUEEEEEEEE!

Comment

in regards to the temp, i'm using fahrenheit and yesterday morning it was a lovely (cue sarcasm) -7 in hte morning.

it was a nice and warm 13 last night. but we're finally hitting a thaw. i think it's 30+ outside now. the snow is melting
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  If you watch Prototype again tonight, you might want to keep an eye out for 2 scenes which gave us a good Sam and Cam interaction. The first is in the lab, and I’m not including spoiler tags for that one, since it doesn’t spoil the plot.

Sam: We're pretty sure these red patches indicate areas of the brain where synaptic activity is maximized. A normal human brain, you or I say should show roughly 5-10% coverage
                  Cam: Me being five…you being 10.

The second scene is on the planet and Sam is talking to Daniel and Teal’c
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam: ... The Ascendometer says Khalek's about eighty-percent there.
                  Teal’c: Ascendometer?
                  Sam: Mitchell. Wish I'd thought of it. …

It may just be me, but I liked those 2 scenes because they show a relaxed relationship between them, and could be a good sign of things to come. Let’s hope the writers can keep at least some of this kind of banter between the team, and not just bombard us with more slapstick and burlesque type of humor.

NC
                  I agree. I almost didn't watch it til I remembered Sam was back --really back--in this episode. Add me to the list that likes the comfortable relationship between Sam & Cam. Hope we see more of it. It's good for Sam and would help develop Mitchell as a character, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    I think the Sam and Cam thing will be great for Sam's character development. We've seen her a lot as a maternal, sisterly, brainy or sexy character. Now we'll get to see her more as a funny, friendly person. I mean, we saw her humour with McKay, but because of the competition between them, it was biting and catty, not really showing her humour in it's best light.

It's great for AT too, because she's such a comedian and genuinely warm and funny woman, it's a waste not to use this amazing gift in the show.

1speed4sam: i can imagine Teal'c's face right now. I'm crying with laughter!
                    Ah... well... erm... it's not just Teal'c's face I'm imagining.

And it's all making me feel so inadequate, I'm just crying...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      in regards to the temp, i'm using fahrenheit and yesterday morning it was a lovely (cue sarcasm) -7 in hte morning.

it was a nice and warm 13 last night. but we're finally hitting a thaw. i think it's 30+ outside now. the snow is melting
                      Here too, but I don't know if we'll crack 30. 45F would be a nice heatwave.

Comment

Haha.... I was trying to keep it PG..... haha, not just Teal'c's face. Oh dear! The Black Pool, huh? I shall be up there in three weeks. Woe oh woe!

Skydiver: Minus 7 Farenheit. That's, like, practically unheard of over here! We're on about 5 degrees centigrade.

Comment

Haha.... I was trying to keep it PG..... haha, not just Teal'c's face. Oh dear! The Black Pool, huh? I shall be up there in three weeks. Woe oh woe!

Skydiver: Minus 7 Farenheit. That's, like, practically unheard of over here! We're on about 5 degrees centigrade.
                          I was talking about his musculature in general. Honestly, some people... *tsk*

And woe oh woe indeed - you want to try living here!!!

On the plus side, we never get much snow, if any, out here on the coast, and it never gets ridiculously cold either. All summat to do with the Gulf Stream, apparently.

Comment

I know. We're not quite coast here in Southampton, but we don't get much snow either. My grandparents live in Preston, and one of my ex housemates goes back home to the Pool at Christmas, so I know it slightly too well for comfort. On the plus side, didn't you have the Wolf convention the other year?

And Re Teal'c. I believe you. Thousands wouldn't.

Comment

I know. We're not quite coast here in Southampton, but we don't get much snow either. My grandparents live in Preston, and one of my ex housemates goes back home to the Pool at Christmas, so I know it slightly too well for comfort. On the plus side, didn't you have the Wolf convention the other year?

And Re Teal'c. I believe you. Thousands wouldn't.
                              We did, but that was before I was introduced to the delights of SG-1 and Sam Carter, so I'm afraid I didn't pay any attention to it at all - I just thought it was a bunch of sci-fi geeks getting together for the weekend.

Coincidentally, the person who brought about my Damascene moment (the lovely Coley of this very thread, our esteemed Royal Accountant) also lives in Preston.

And before anybody asks, yes, Coley's fine, but is still rather upset/annoyed over the Sam/Vala dynamic, so has gone into self-imposed purdah for a while.

Comment

Poor Baby. Although I find Daniel / Vala amusing.

Being based in Southampton, Blackpool was a bit too far for two days. Less than that, when you include travelling time.

Say hi to Coley from the Samanda peeps!

T xxx

Ps: This is post 600!!! Woohoo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X