Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    LOL And me watches the Philadelphia Eagles "try" to get their act together and salvage the season!
    In the long run they will be much better off without TO. But all I have to say is GO JAGS!!
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and just trying to get the hang of everything. I have to say that "In The Line of Duty" has to be one of my favorite Sam episodes. Amanda is just an incredible actress.

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Amanda on T4 right now!!!

Looks like the interview was actually shot last Sunday, as Amanda's wearing exactly the same gear as she was at GABIT.

I've got it taped, so bear with me and I'll try to do a bit of a transcript.

[TEASER] S/J ship gets a mention... [/TEASER]
        You're killing me here!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          In the long run they will be much better off without TO. But all I have to say is GO JAGS!!
          Jags schmags.

This year belongs to the mighty Tennessee Titans!!!!

WoooWoooWoooo

Last edited by Uber; 06 November 2005, 10:19 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            1Speed, you're a sweetie.

Gal was also livin' out of a suitcase, keep in mind. Outfits she wore at GABIT might have rotated a bit more frequently than usual over the extra vacation.
            Actually the interview may have been taped on Sunday because I recall the Tea Party was actually behind schedule and when we asked what was going on someone said that Amanda had an unscheduled interview she was doing.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Traveler Enroute1 excellent job of reporting on the recent festivites.

It's been slow around here today so how about a

Caption This

One of these things is not like the other...
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

OK, it’s like this…

I really did try to do a full transcript, but there was just too much inane chatter from the presenters to make it worthwhile. While a 5-minute piece filling the gap between “Britney and Kevin: Chaotic” and “The Simpsons” was obviously never going to be an in-depth examination of AT and the character of Sam Carter, they didn’t really give AT the chance to say much at all, but of course she took the whole thing in good spirit and looked her usual classy self. In fact, if I was to be really snarky, I’d say she made a special effort to think down to their level.

Anyway, FWIW here’s what I managed to come up with.

Who’s who:

SmB: Smug T4 Bloke
                ShF: Shrieky T4 Female
                AT: Go on, guess…

SmB: We’re joined by the best-looking theoretic astrophysicist I’ve ever met… and I’ve met a few… Stargate’s Sam Carter, AKA Amanda Tapping.

First off, excuse my ignorance, but I don’t even know what a theoretic astrophysicist is, and seeing as you have theoretically a PhD in Quantum Mechanics and are a plasma *stroke* particle physicist in Stargate, could you shed some light on it please?

AT: All right, in a nutshell, well, Space <big gesture>. There you go. No, I, er, my character’s actually the foremost expert on the science of the Stargate, but I’m also a leading expert on everything Space <big gesture>. Look up, and I know about it.

ShF: So did you take a crash-course in astrophysics when you started the show?

AT: I didn’t actually, really what I did was I bought Stephen Hawking’s “Brief History of Time” - the illustrated version - and that’s my big tome, that’s my reference.

SmB: Do you ever get the script and think “What the hell <inane chatter>, this is weird science stuff”, do you ever find it difficult at times?

AT: No actually, sadly I don’t. I actually really do understand it. I’ve actually gone and, erm, corrected the writers.

SmB: That’s a little bit sad…

ShF: That’s taking it too far, Amanda, c‘mon…

AT: You know, the star doesn’t actually do that. Yeah…

ShF: Well, I think it’s fair to say the show’s a phenomenon, so let’s take a little look…

<clip from today’s ep>

ShF: Were you interested in science before you joined Stargate?

AT: I actually, erm, won the drama award in high school and a science award, so I was, but in terms of television, no, I was Little-House-on-the-Prairie-girl. So no, I wasn’t a huge sci-fi fan when I started, I am now obviously.

ShF: And there are so many sci-fi fans, it’s amazing how big this show is…

SmB: I kinda assume by the facts in front of me Stargate is every sci-fi fan’s favourite. It’s been running for 8 years our time, 9 years your time <inane chatter>… it‘s the longest running sci-fi show ever, did yourself and all the crew and everybody go out and get completely wormholed when you heard that news?

AT: Well, actually we will when we shoot it. We start series 10 in February, and I think we’ll shoot like the 200th episode around March.

ShF: Wow, I can’t believe it’s longer than Star Trek, X-Files, it’s beaten them all. What do you think is the secret? Wormholes? Lots of wormholes?

AT: The secret is, I think, that we don’t take ourselves too seriously, that we have a sense of humour, and that we’re accessible, present-day, fallible human-beings, and we make a lot of mistakes in it.

SmB: You’re ahead of us as I explained before, and <to ShF> you told me not to ask this , that I might ruin it for myself and everybody else, but what the hell, I’m going to ask it. Does anything go on with Carter and O’Neill? Do they get it on?

AT: Oooh, what can I tell you… <sharp intake of breath> Let’s just say that they go fishing. <knowing look>

ShF: What, he uses his pole, does he?

AT: He gets me hook, line, and sinker. <another knowing look>

SmB: That brings a whole new meaning to the word “wormhole”.

AT: Let’s just say we go fishing… <ducks head, hides face, fans self with hand>

SmB: You obviously have a lot of on-screen admirers, your fans are very, very dedicated, and they have an Amanda Tapping Club, I’m sure you’re aware of this…

AT: They do, yeah…

SmB: The yearly Amanda Tapping contest, that entails fans sending in poems, videos, stories that they composed for you. Now we’ve looked through all of these, and this is genuine by the way, our favourite was a song submitted by Laura Morton, simply called “Amanda”. I stress again, this isn’t a T4 joke, this is serious, this lady wrote this song about you. It’s entitled “Amanda”, have a look…

<song plays over clips from show, split-screen shot of AT looking delighted and touched - also unfortunately touched by SmB who pats her shoulder at one point>

AT: Bit of warning on that one next time, guys. Wow…

ShF: Amanda, my favourite bit, which we didn’t see, she says thank you for going to the conventions.

AT: Yeah, that’s nice.

ShF: Thank you for coming on the show - Amanda Tapping. Right now, here’s The Simpsons…

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Jags schmags.

WoooWoooWoooo

OK, I'm speaking from a Transatlantic POV here, but all I can say is GO FALCONS!!!

Furthermore, because I'm a Brit, I have no hometown / State allegiance. This obviously allows me to have a team from each Conference, so I'd also like to take this opportunity to say GO STEELERS!!!

Comment

OK, it’s like this…

I really did try to do a full transcript, but there was just too much inane chatter from the presenters to make it worthwhile. While a 5-minute piece filling the gap between “Britney and Kevin: Chaotic” and “The Simpsons” was obviously never going to be an in-depth examination of AT and the character of Sam Carter, they didn’t really give AT the chance to say much at all, but of course she took the whole thing in good spirit and looked her usual classy self. In fact, if I was to be really snarky, I’d say she made a special effort to think down to their level.
                    ... snip ...
                    Thanks for that 1s4s. I only caught one litle bit during the Enterprise episode break where one of the T4 idiots asked AT who would Carter go with at the end of a hard day, the enterprise comander (can't remember his name) or Jack o'neill and she said it had to be o'neill

Comment

Jags schmags.

WoooWoooWoooo

oh i don't know about that.

GO STEELERS
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

OK, I'm speaking from a Transatlantic POV here, but all I can say is GO FALCONS!!!

Furthermore, because I'm a Brit, I have no hometown / State allegiance. This obviously allows me to have a team from each Conference, so I'd also like to take this opportunity to say GO STEELERS!!!

Bite yer tongue, biker boy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                          Thanks for that 1s4s. I only caught one litle bit during the Enterprise episode break where one of the T4 idiots asked AT who would Carter go with at the end of a hard day, the enterprise comander (can't remember his name) or Jack o'neill and she said it had to be o'neill
                          Okay. PLEASE say someone recorded this digitally. PLEASE.

I'll host the file and everything!!!

please?

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                            The enterprise captain Archer (scott bacula) has nothing on Jack.
                            Jack is a Hockey and US football fan. Archer is a water polo fan...
                            So obviously jacks a real man and Archer is a panzy ......(oops did I say that out loud).
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Actually the interview may have been taped on Sunday because I recall the Tea Party was actually behind schedule and when we asked what was going on someone said that Amanda had an unscheduled interview she was doing.

Kat
                              Yeah, I think it happened in the hotel last Sunday too ... I remember hearing that she was doing an interview ... unless it was still another. That's great - Amanda is getting quite a lot of publicity these past two weeks!

Kat, are you home?! Please share your week in England with us when you settle back into your regular routine! It was great meeting you at GABIT!

Comment

Okay. PLEASE say someone recorded this digitally. PLEASE.

I'll host the file and everything!!!

please?
                                *stops biting tongue*

A mate of mine reckons he can record from videotape to an AVI file? Would that do ya? Except of course it'll only be the main event, and not the extra snippets...

*resumes biting tongue*

Comment

Working...
                                X