No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone read the article with AT in the new issue of The Official Stargate Magazine? It's fairly long and not bad. She discusses Olivia, coming back after her maternity leave, the new characters.....just about everything. She also states she would love to direct again.....hope she gets the chance. They owe her! Well, that's just my opinion.

I'd scan the whole article, but my scanner isn't working and I can't set up my new one yet. Sorry.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

More Gabit Photos!

Comment

GABIT was so amazing, wasn't it? I'm sure Amanda really loved meeting everyone. I bet it's a memory she takes with her forever. You guys are the absolute best!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Anyone read the article with AT in the new issue of The Official Stargate Magazine? It's fairly long and not bad. She discusses Olivia, coming back after her maternity leave, the new characters.....just about everything. She also states she would love to direct again.....hope she gets the chance. They owe her! Well, that's just my opinion.

I'd scan the whole article, but my scanner isn't working and I can't set up my new one yet. Sorry.
          I think this is the one that you're talking about, in case anyone wants to read it. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=18657 and http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=18658

NC

Comment

Originally posted by giggles
            GABIT was so amazing, wasn't it? I'm sure Amanda really loved meeting everyone. I bet it's a memory she takes with her forever. You guys are the absolute best!!!!
            Giggles, normally I don't post here, but I had to stop to say...

Welcome to GW and I LOVE your NAME....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              I think this is the one that you're talking about, in case anyone wants to read it. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=18657 and http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=18658

NC
              Thanks for posting the interview NC!! I would have greened you if I could. Wow did you type that out (double thanks)!!

I'm glad the interviewer acknowledged that Sam fans missed her and were upset to find out she wasn't on the team anymore after Sam returned. I think it nice that other media(s) are able to recognize when fans are upset. At least that's how I read it. Then maybe the decision makers for SG-1 will see that too. It's not just those crazy internet fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Goooooooood Morning TE1 and thanks so much for some great Gala reporting and social directing while we were at GABIT! Please continue to supply the fun and games and good morale!

The Royal Gala seems to have gotten misplaced what with all the GABIT news from past week. Perhaps you can bring us up to date on just what has transpired so far ... I hope I didn't miss the dinner and dance! I managed to finally taste the Royal Accountant's homemade sloe gin at GABIT and whoa! It is quite good and packs a sweet punch!
                Royal Social Director's Report to SAMANDA:

Samanda's Royal 1000th Page Celebration Ball
                Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                HOORAY! SAMANDA'S ROYAL 1000TH PAGE CELEBRATION BALL BEGINS!

HELLO, EVERYBODY!
                THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR PARTY.
                ARE YOU READY? DON'T BE TARDY, LET'S GET IT JUMPIN', IT'S OUR PARTY!

Just sayin': my computer's sloooow tonight of all nights! Pre-hangover.
                So began the Ball on Friday, Oct. 28, 2005 at Midnight. As with many a Ball or Party, a few timely revelers arrived to open the festivities. Even in Samanda, it appears it is stylish to arrive later! In honor of Samanda's beginnings, the very first post by majoral was reprinted for new and established Samandans. to show how it all started. Revelers arrived to play, and also await news from our Gabit Ambassadors, visiting the Queen's Court the same weekend! and .
                (Then the unthinkable happened: the Royal Social Director lost her connection and was shut out of the first hours of the Celebration! Much angsty hours later, returned home to stay for the duration. Samandans carried on and posted throughout that morning and beyond.
                Some hi-lights recalled:

- Visit from Sha'Ra fromSam/Thor Ship, with "a telling" pic of Sam and Thor! Creative!

- Tok'Ra hostess makes first post at Samanda- Yay! http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=19347
                - Visit from Cathain C. from Sam/Jack Family Ship with way cool mini-vids of Sam and Jack's smooches and huggies! Alert for shippers and non!

- SamFan31 posts Sam pick to promote the celebration and honor Samanda with great caption!:

- Lys, honorary co-hostess awarded this lovely present to UberSG1fan, for worthy contributions:

- Lys posts Sam/Thor huggy shot - adorable!

- Repost to remind us of our beginnings: Remember this discussion? Uber!
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=19458
                - Myrth makes cool sign/pic with Sam and Vala. Our kind of SG1 gals!
                - Special treat from Lys, "Sam and the Boys" a touching wallpaper of our Sam with all the SG1 men. My fave.

- SamFan31 comes through again with special Gabit pic.
                - Qasim just in time, CAKE! Delicious!

Of course, friendly discourse. Lys and the dancer of spaz solicited Samandans' help with their creative projects, one of which was Lys' wonderful Sam and the Boys wallpaper. She has a second one for which Samandans can request a copy! And the dancer of spaz, our very own Royal Documentarian, definitely needs our input for her Samanda project, introduced at the ball: (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=19429)
                Our very first update came from Uber (sorry, no umlaut!) a much awaited missive because a cheer arose from all over the Kingdom! http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=19475

As you can see, the Ball was quite extensive, necessitating a Part 2. so I do not commandeer too much space. And comments/corrections welcome.
                (tsaxlady you are NOT forgotten! Will get your great pix next up!)
                I have omitted some participants ONLY for space. Many newbies joined us, many shy lurkers lurked, and all were welcomed.

Coming: Part 2:
                The Disturbance in the Samandan Force (or The Dark Force Invades the Samanda Ball!)

Just sayin', if it please the Court to comment.
                Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 05 November 2005, 06:44 PM.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Essence

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...TandShadow.jpg

She talks, we listen
                  Hanging on each funny word
                  She makes people laugh

Beauty, grace and wit
                  No wonder some are jealous
                  What you see is real

In this jaded world
                  Honesty is refreshing
                  Kindness carries weight

Caring actions speak
                  What she does shows who she is
                  A class act for sure

Shy in many ways
                  Yet inviting people in
                  Open to the world

Fame does not usurp
                  The girl-next-door persona
                  Easy to relate

She seems so amazed
                  Thankful for her good fortune
                  Her smile is sincere

What a gift it is
                  To be yourself at all times
                  Nothing tricky here

Wherever she goes
                  Whatever path she chooses
                  Her fans will follow
                  Poem is wonderful as usual. Thanks ChopinGal!
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    Here is a little story I made up about meeting Lt. Colonel Carter. All the news about how nice and giving AT is in real life, kind made it's way in the story. Also, please forgive me, but I added small bits in there with General O'Neill... what it's my story! I'm hoping this will help the muse finish one of the many Fanfics already started.

Hi Mom,

I know this is a crazy e-mail, and no your daughter hasn’t lost her mind. I just wanted to let you know that I will be out of town for the next year or so. Unfortunately, they don’t have internet or even a telephone where I am going; yes I know it’s strange especially this day and time. I will try to write to everyone the old fashion way. It’ll be difficult to communicate, but I’ll try my best. I can’t give you very many details, but there is a small town in a country very very far away that needs my assistance with a project. The town was destroyed in a fire and a Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter stopped by my office and asked if I could help them put this town back together. I met her and another a man I thought was her husband, but actually it turns out he’s her boss. Shame to, because I think they looked very cute together. Anyways we talked for a while I was surprised at how genuine Colonel Carter seemed. She was greatly distressed over the destruction of the town and how it affected the residents. It seems she had spent a lot of time with these people. Her face lit up when she talked about her two little buddies, apparently twin boys about three or four years old has captured the woman’s heart. The General’s too by his smile, as Colonel Carter retold some of the stories. How could I say no after those stories she told. She was genuine and heartfelt in her plea on behalf of the people. I felt I knew them too. I was impressed that she took it upon herself to help them. Apparently she is some kind of Scientist, and a genius according to the General. She actually blushed at his complement. Yep I think there is more to their story. Well it looks like I will have a year to find out what it is and hopefully help them too.

Love ya,
                    Ann
                    This is really good. Could there be more letters coming?
                    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                    Hic Comitas Regit
                    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Traveler Enroute1 excellent job of reporting on the recent festivites.

It's been slow around here today so how about a

Caption This

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Caption This

Sam: Really, we've never seen this guy before.

Just playin', just sayin, thanks tsaxlady!
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Caption This

I like how when teal'c asked them to show him, they give the camera to Carter. Its such a simple thing but still she rules as the field tech and everyone defers to her in that field.

I also thought it was funny when she said she didn't like guns and Jack asks her what she thinks of explosives then she says she likes those better.

I must say I think I enjoyed Mobieus a lot more after I re-watched it on DVDs then I remember when I watched it at the end of season 8.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            I like how when teal'c asked them to show him, they give the camera to Carter. Its such a simple thing but still she rules as the field tech and everyone defers to her in that field.

I also thought it was funny when she said she didn't like guns and Jack asks her what she thinks of explosives then she says she likes those better.

I must say I think I enjoyed Mobieus a lot more after I re-watched it on DVDs then I remember when I watched it at the end of season 8.
                            I agree with 'ya AGateFan. I have enjoyed Moebius more after watching it a couple of times on the DVD. It is especially fun to pay closer attention to the face AT makes when she is in the background.

Comment

Hey everyone! *waves*

Was messing around on photoshop because I was SO bored (no, I didnt' have WORK to do what are you talking about!?) and came up with this weird thing, inspired by Agent Dark, and a remarkable similarity in style between the two pics...

and I saw this pic from GABIT and I just totally couldn't resist... it's the PERFECT pic for it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...orSam/YOUU.jpg

and in a total non-self-promoting kind of way, I posted my very first ever SECOND chapter to a fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2608489/2/

Read if ya like, and I hope you DO like!!

On another note... COME ON CANUCKS, YOU KNOOOW YOU CAN BEAT CALGARY, PICK UP YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND PUT THAT PUCK IN THE NET!!!

*cough* sorry, I like my hockey...

MSam
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 06 November 2005, 07:49 AM.
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Caption This

Sam: This is a show we call "Americas Most Wanted".
                                Jack: This guy is on th top ten most wanted list.

Comment

Working...
                                X