No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think i want amanda to take 'whistler'... it's selfish, but i'd miss sam carter tremendously. but i'll stand by any decisions amanda makes.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to add that I'm a fan of Amanda first and foremost now. I will support her whatever she does...but I'm hoping she stays with SG-1 but only if TPTB apologize for the way they've treated her as a human being and give her back what she rightfully deserves...the integral position on SG-1.

The moment I see Vala wearing a Jacket with the SG-1 patch, I will be so far out the door and down the street...you won't know what happened.

I fear for this franchise. I fear for it deeply.

I came to this show because of RDA. I stayed because of ship and I'm here still because of Sam. I hope that TPTB can figure out that it's not nice to disrespect Amanda and Sam Carter and her fans. None of us appreciate it.

That being said, I'll continue to hope for the best possible solution...that stay or leave, Amanda will continue to have my support and love.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        So many great posts in the last 24 hours that I've hit a milestone--completely locked out of the green jello fridge! Restorative "special" blue jello to all.

Do we have a record number of people on the thread? It's looking very busy down there.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 60 (36 members and 24 guests)
        LaCroix, Agent_Dark, alderleaf, ann_sgcfan, brandohall, Bucky, cc_mac, chocdoc, Coley, crazedturkey, Dani76, gatenv, golfbooy, Hubble, jafacakes, jckfan55, majorsal, minigeek, Naughtrish, Osiris-RA, ShimmeringStar, Simhavaktra, Skydiver+, smurf, stargatefan02, Strix varia, SueS, Suki, Sum1, the dancer of spaz, Traveler Enroute1, ÜberSG-1Fan+

You've really have to wonder who the 24 guests are.

Comment

A few random thoughts.

Much as I'd like to believe that splitting AT's time between SG-1 and Atlantis is a move to save a great character, I don't think you treat an important asset to a franchise with so much disrespect. Apparently, the renewal of her contract was handled with a deplorable lack of professionalism, and I think it speaks volumes about where AT/Sam Carter stands in the Stargate universe. And I can't help but believe that it's not a happy place for AT or Sam Carter fans.

As others have stated, I will follow AT's career wherever she decides to go. I would love to see her on Atlantis, but I do wonder where she would fit in. I could maybe see her commanding a ship, but not a team, and certainly not competing with Rodney for the science spotlight.

I have to wonder who will step in to do the technobabble on SG-1. Dr. Lee has been set up as a comedic character, and he's not someone who I could see filling Sam's shoes, particularly not off-world. So, if AT's roll is reduced on SG-1, does that mean they'll only have science elements to the storyline in 10 eps? I say this only partly tongue-in-cheek. It just indicates to me that they plan to take the storylines in season 10 in a direction that won't interest me. They are going after a viewing demographic that doesn't include me. Sexual innuendo, skin, and dumbed-down mystical Ori plots. No thanks.

I hope Amanda does whatever she thinks is best for her career and her family. I will miss her terribly if she leaves the show, but I wouldn't blame her a bit for jumping ship at this time. If she stays, I'll be delighted. If she leaves, I will be disappointed, but I will wish the best of luck in new ventures. And I will thank her for 9 wonderful seasons of one of the best female characters in sci-fi television history.

My LJ

Comment

I can't stop thinking about Avalon part 1...
            Spoiler:
            MITCHELL (talking to Daniel): Listen. General O'Neill gave me the choice of any posting I wanted. I chose SG-1. That meant Colonel Carter. Teal's and yourself. Not two letters a dash and a number.

Why they are doing something completely different now? *shakes head*

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              These are some great episodes to show of Sam

I would add
              "Solitudes" - one of my all-time favorites
              "Grace" - AT did such a good job acting in this one
              "Unnatural Selection" - another of my favorite episodes
              I like all of Skydiver's choices, and add Entity. Amanda rocked that "possession" role big time. And it's full of the SG1 team's caring for Sam. Just recalling them gathered around her bed pending removal of life support, so emotional, so well played by all.

Lost City Pt 1 and 2 with great scientist Sam, and even team leader Sam when Jack turned over command to her enroute to that burning planet.

Just sayin'.
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Amanda was sort of telling it quite funny, made references to the golf and boys club meetings, getting a few laughs. The audience didn't know quite how to take it, though it wasn't an overwhelming positive yes when she asked if she should sign. I think everyone was just amazed.The world really is one big boys club. We need to support the Amandas of this world so that the dumb men get the message through their thick skulls! Having said that, I'm convinced there's no way this would be happening if RDA was still involved behind the scenes. He's shown nothing but respect for her, and I'm sure he wouldn't let them treat her like this.

However Amanda fairly quickly sidetracked everyone off the topic.

She mentioned again today that she hadn't signed yet, but in other answers implied that she was still a part of the show.

CG has a story to tell when she spoke to Amanda at the autograph session, she may tell if you ask her when she gets back to the States tomorrow!!

When I went up for my autograph she had just had to rush out to tend to Olivia and looked exhausted when she came back, so I didn't mention anything to her - it just wasn't an appropriate time.

She was wonderful and gracious to everyone over the whole weekend
                She always is, isn't she? That's just Amanda. She has a baby to run after, a convention to do, a job offer to think about, and she's still amazingly giving when it comes to her fans.
                Amanda's just too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  Huh?

*startled by loud noises and confetti*

Whoo hoo! Thank you, Thank you, twas no trouble.

What'd I win?
                  Howzabouta nice piccie of Sammy?

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                    I feel you on this. The SG1 TEAM was fractured with RDA's departure, though I won't believe it's because he left. Team centric eps have just faded and single characters are picked out way too often to gel in this new arrangement. And Amanda, curiously, has yet to be singled out despite being the best one to single out. Oh, how I miss them, SG1.
                    Just sayin'.
                    SG-1
                    Last edited by tsaxlady; 30 October 2005, 06:42 PM.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                      Osiris - just noticed your sig - Amanda said some postivie stuff about Gillian Anderson at the con
                      Hey, no kidding! What? I remember she was on an ep of the X-files. Scully had to do her autopsy.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Congrats MajorSal.

Amanda told the whole con about the thread which she has been told about (but not visited) she said it had got 2,000 post with glee and then looked astounded when CG said 2,000 pages and close to 20,000 posts. She was genuinley surprised and pleased. Congrats to all on this htread for lifting Amanda's spirits a little!!

Comment

let's give sam carter her own show!

it takes place on a new base on another planet, where the ships of stargate and atlantis are built. sam occasionally takes the ships out and tests them (and of course has adventures), but sam also is second in running the base.

they could call it: Stargate: Gemini

(i just picked that name because a- i like it , and b- it supports the dual purpose of this base, which is defense and engineering)

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i don't think i want amanda to take 'whistler'... it's selfish, but i'd miss sam carter tremendously. but i'll stand by any decisions amanda makes.

sally
                            And i think that it is beautifully appropriate that the person who started this wonderful thread made the 20,000th post

Congrats to MajorSal!!!!!
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                              I can't stop thinking about Avalon part 1...
                              Spoiler:
                              MITCHELL (talking to Daniel): Listen. General O'Neill gave me the choice of any posting I wanted. I chose SG-1. That meant Colonel Carter. Teal's and yourself. Not two letters a dash and a number.

Why they are doing something completely different now? *shakes head*
                              IMO they are doing this because Carter makes their new Male Lead look bad. Plus many fans have reacted poorly to Mitchell as leader or co-leader and they won't accept it as long as Carter is around. She is smarter, more experienced with the Gate and Offworld missions, she knows aliens and how to deal with them, friend and foe, she clearly runs circles around Mitchell when it comes to command of the team, etc., etc. They cannot have both in charge - it won't work so they want the male lead and they have to remove the impediment that makes him look bad, look incompetent, so they remove Carter from playing a pivotal, integral role in SG1 by splitting her with SGA - plain and simple crock o' crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                So many great posts in the last 24 hours that I've hit a milestone--completely locked out of the green jello fridge! Restorative "special" blue jello to all.

Do we have a record number of people on the thread? It's looking very busy down there.
                                Not right now (9:30 p.m. EST here in the States). About an hour or so ago it was up over 80 people; an equal number of GW members and lurkers.

Hey, the thread is over 20K posts! Yay!

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X