Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Just a quickie - and I apologise if I have got the wrong drift as I haven't got time to scroll back.

I don't think Vala is like Felger at all. Perhaps in the way that they are supposed to be funny.

Felger doesn't go around in tight fitting trousers or scanty tops (heaven forbid) trying to tantalise the opposite sex. I don't think he's a thief and he does seem to care about the SGC - and risked his life to save SG1. he does have quite a soft spot for Sam - which is quite sweet in a way. He's just a likable boffin-bit-of-a-fool with too much of a crush.

What I don't like about Vala is just the blatant dispaly of chest and the almost continual sexual innuendo in her script plus she doesn't on the whole seem to have much moral fibre.

I could stand more of Felger, but not more of Vala (at least how she has been written in eps 1 to 4). Which is a shame as I think CB has got "presence" and deserved a better character which we would all like.

I really liked Avenger - it did have a bit of a moral message to it about admitting mistakes and getting past that to find solutions etc. The only think I didn't like about the ep was the last scene - but then I'm a prude Brit!!
    Well done and all that rot! LOL ... you may be a "prude Brit" but you sure know how to make a great batch of sloe gin!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      And sidestepping quickly from regulatory sidearms ... here's the photo du jour. Caption or song title, please ... gosh, this one's a bit disturbing but we can do angst, can't we?

Kawalsky: "Sam, it's for your own good! Just 24 hours without Internet access. Com'n, I know you can do it! I'm here for ya Sam!"
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

And sidestepping quickly from regulatory sidearms ... here's the photo du jour. Caption or song title, please ... gosh, this one's a bit disturbing but we can do angst, can't we?

I told Kawalsky I had nothing to do with Stargate Monday not being on!

Comment

Sam, trying to speak > "No...noo...NOOOO! I will NOT go fishing with Colonel O'Neill! Hey, are you listening to me?!? What, Colonel O'Neill couldn't do his own dirty work? HEY! I'm talking here! I will NOT go fishing, do you hear me?! You'll NEVER take me alive, NEVER!"
          - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
          Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

the dancer of spaz= This Eureka business makes me kinda nervous. It can either turn out to be Tremors 2.0, or it can end up being BSG 2.0.
            In which case, you can surely guess which one they'll be eyeing for a series finale.
            *crosses fingers, toes, eyes and nostrils*
            Dani76=Gosh, I sure don't hope so. Here is another article on the same topic: http://www.variety.com/article/VR11...14&cs=1&s=h&p=0 I wished we already knew that SG-1 will be renewed and that Amanda will stay on.
            That article in Variety was not very keen on us "sci-fi geeks." And talking about all the pseudo-scifi the networks are spitting out, without even knowing their caliber (I can guess from the promos: blech), in an effort to downplay the popularity of the Sci-Fi Friday line up is pure partisanship. The writer(s) should just admit to not liking Stargate and Battlestar.

It's a downer, when I think that all these beautiful characters (Sam Carter on top, of course) could disappear in a puff of Nielson wandwaving. Hey, network yo-yo, leave a good thing alone! Stargate/Battlestar work! And I'm not even a BSG watcher, but others are, so there. Here we go again with TPTB duckin' and dodgin' the question: Renewed or not? [Rant ends.]

Just sayin'.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I'm not sure why but I found it rather amusing that the main character of this new show is named Jack Carter.
              It's sooooo nice to know I'm not the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                That article in Variety was not very keen on us "sci-fi geeks." And talking about all the pseudo-scifi the networks are spitting out, without even knowing their caliber (I can guess from the promos: blech), in an effort to downplay the popularity of the Sci-Fi Friday line up is pure partisanship. The writer(s) should just admit to not liking Stargate and Battlestar.

It's a downer, when I think that all these beautiful characters (Sam Carter on top, of course) could disappear in a puff of Nielson wandwaving. Hey, network yo-yo, leave a good thing alone! Stargate/Battlestar work! And I'm not even a BSG watcher, but others are, so there. Here we go again with TPTB duckin' and dodgin' the question: Renewed or not? [Rant ends.]

Just sayin'.

But that's what Skiffy does best.

Comment

yes, sam herself is a s/t shipper

ain't it great?????

see, i'm not all that odd after all
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i'm swiping stargatebarbie's post from joe's thread because, well i think this is such a cool idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the odds of getting McKay, Carter and Felger, all in the same episode?

___

can you imagine??? what if they added in Bill Lee??? a four way snark off

now THAT i would LOVE to see

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i'm swiping stargatebarbie's post from joe's thread because, well i think this is such a cool idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the odds of getting McKay, Carter and Felger, all in the same episode?

___

can you imagine??? what if they added in Bill Lee??? a four way snark off

now THAT i would LOVE to see
                      thanks, and oh my god they so need to add in bill lee!

p.s. if i weren't a total s/j shipper, i could go for a little bit of s/t. i've read a fic or two. i'm a total s/t friendshipper. love that dynamic.

Comment

It's back!

The fave episodes tournament......so, here's your first reminder.

Round 56 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Cure was eliminated in Round 55.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...3&page=1&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

The one thing I haven't found yet--a list of how many votes each ep got in the previous round. I don't think the person who took over the tourney is doing one.....so, all the more important that we vote each time to keep the Sam-centric episodes from being eliminated!

Thanks!

Comment

Kawalsky: Listen, I don't want to tell you again, Open your mouth - without screaming - close your eyes and you will get a big surprise!
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I have coppied the article.

Sci Fi Channel has greenlit 13 episodes of "Eureka," a quirky one-hour billed as a cross between "Northern Exposure" and "Twin Peaks."
                            Drama stars Colin Ferguson ("Coupling") as a federal marshal who gets stranded in the small northwestern town of Eureka. He quickly discovers the town is composed of oddball geniuses assembled by the government to conduct top-secret research -- a clustering that may inadvertently put their lives at risk.
                            Andrew Cosby (UPN's "Haunted") and Jamie Paglia wrote the script and will exec produce the series. Production begins in January in Vancouver for a summer 2006 premiere. NBC Universal TV produces and will distribute the series.
                            "Eureka" is the first original series in recent Sci Fi history not spun off from an existing franchise. It's also the first drama to strike out of the space opera genre.
                            Exec VP of programming Mark Stern said the show will be a major part of ongoing efforts to broaden the cabler's base beyond sci-fi geeks.
                            "This is the first scripted series we've done that really reaches out to a new audience," Stern said. "Moving forward, we'd like to expand beyond space and aliens. Frankly, those are things you can get on the broadcast networks now."
                            Sci Fi last year premiered "Legend of Earthsea," a mini based in the fantasy genre, to tepid response. Cabler will take another swing with the Bryan Singer- and Dean Devlin-produced event skein "The Triangle," about mysteries revolving around the Bermuda Triangle.
                            "Eureka" was one of two drama pilots in consideration for a series pickup (Daily Variety, Jan. 14). The other was "Painkiller Jane"; Stern said not to count it of contention.
                            Project still could receive a series greenlight, but only after it's weighed against another pilot about to go into production. Exec was tightlipped on the details of the second project but said, "We're still focused on finding a cool superhero drama."
                            "Painkiller," also from NUTS, is a comicbook adaptation about a young woman exposed to a biochemical weapon that gives her self-healing powers. Production wrapped early this year.
                            Salli Richardson-Wittfield, Greg Germann, Joe Morton, Debrah Farentino, Maury Chaykin, Matt Frewer and Jordan Hinson also star in [I]"Eureka." Series next year likely will be joined by new seasons of Sci Fi's dramas -- "Battlestar Galactica," "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" -- which all helped the cabler climb 4% in the adults 18-49 demo this summer. Block will be back in January to finish out the season. [/I] Sci Fi's most recent launch, the reality skein "Master Blasters," was shelved after the first three episodes bowed to poor ratings.

Date in print: Mon., Sep. 26, 2005, Los Angeles

Looks like all is well.
                            Joanne

Comment

Kawalsky: Gee Your hair smells teriffic

sigpic

Comment

on the show, i very much like friendship all around.

and i love the s/t friendship angle.

to me, i see them as tried and true friends. teal'c has been her rock, he's always been there for her. while daniel was gone, while jack has been gone, teal'c has always been there. i think she trusts him beyond implicitly.

i also think that he's the one person with which she can be totally honest with. with jack, she's always aware that he's her boss. and as such, she will always be on her guard around him

with daniel, they do have the science in common, but also, sam's HIS boss. and, in the field, they have to remember that.

with jonas, she was more comforatble, but she was more like a big sister

but teal'c is like the big brother she never had (not discounting mark, but they were a bit distant)
                                teal'c protects her, but doesn't smother her. he respects her.

in my interpretation, teal'c is the one she could talk to about jolinar. she couldn't talk to jack. he hates the goauld and she couldn't show that weakness to him. she couldn't talk to daniel, it'd remind him too much of shau'ri...so i see her talkiong to teal'c.

I think they h ave a friendship that's just as intimate as a marriage....just without the sex (on the show anyway....fic is different )

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X