Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell
    Hi Queenie!! **waves** Glad to see ya!! My shippy heart almost skipped a beat from your question but without seeing the pic I'm guessing it may be
    Spoiler:
    McKay during his hallucination episode on SGA "Grace Under Pressure."
    It doesn't look like him.
    Spoiler:
    It's a big big guy and he's got her pressed against a wall, she's squinting her eyes and says "Are you sure you know what you are doing?" It looks like the guy has a beard.
    sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      I assume you mean when she
      Spoiler:
      came out of the water wearing that bra.
      Ha! I haven't seen that promo yet!
      sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        ÜberSpecial (Sally beware you my not want to look)
        and, OR COURSE, i clicked first and then read the message.

i did (quickly) see 'ÜberSpecial' special, clicked, eeked, then returned and saw my special warning.

(you must make the warning FIRST and in HUGE letters so my quick and super human reflexes lazy and child-like won't take over first)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          I assume you mean when she
          Spoiler:
          came out of the water wearing that bra.
          When do we get the promo shots of that! She looked great!
          A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Location Change majorsal
            i got bored.

i tried using just a smiley of sam in the location section, but it wouldn't take. so now i'm 'also' dancing at their wedding.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL Forever, sometimes I wonder if you and I share a brain.

Poor you! -

Seriously though, I feel the same way, almost exactly. Fairly significantly where the constant "Want some? - can't have it!" attitude comes from by virtue of the writer/producers. Their vaguery and backpeddaling is tiresome at best, which is why I keep asking "fangurl shipper" questions in Joe's thread. I guess that's my selfish little sordid secret. I'm no where near that naieve.

I admit that I'm doing it on purpose and I'm going to keep doing it because if he and his folks can be NITS about the darn thing in their own way, then I figure it's only fair to keep plundering the same pot of questions over and over again - especially since he seems to take just as great pleasure in answering the same questions over and over again as people (like me) seem to take in asking them. So I can be a NIT too, why not, after all? That's what his thread seems to be about, anyway.

(Though I often have to smile/chuckle because I think the Sam/Jack questions seem to tick-off the anti-shippers a lot more than they do Joe. I always laugh when I see riteously indignant postings of: "Please! For the love of (___) stop posting the same shipper questions! Sam/Jack are never getting together! Joe said so! Just leave it!"

I laugh, because, since Joe doesn't answer any of the more thoughtful fan questions with any degree of particular insight, I already gave up on trying to ask anything I'd actually care to receive a real answer to a long while back.

Joe's a funny guy. Don't get me wrong. But boy is his "Ask Joe" thread a useless place to get real answers from. It should be called, "Ask Joe - But Don't Expect a Serious Reply".

So... keep whing-ing, whing-ers, I say. The more the merrier. Just don't take any of it seriously - or to heart - because Mr. Mallozzi and the rest of the esteemed writing team certainly doesn't take any of it seriously either.

mini
              (yeah, I know, I'm terribly horrid and evil and should be shot on sight)

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Sadly I think I may have been a Sam/Jack shipper at one time, but over the years I think I've become more of an Amanda/RDA shipper. Don't worry, it's not like I have this desire to see the two of them hook up or anything. I just believe that the things I actually enjoyed most about Sam & Jack's relationship in the earlier seasons were probably never really written to be shippy. It was just AT & RDA's natural chemistry that sort of bleed into the characters of Sam & Jack. Lord knows the things I always loved about them started to disappear as soon as the writers got their hands on the relationship.

That being sad, I feel really sorry for shippers. Personally, I can take or leave the relationship. It really doesn't bother me one way or the other ( though there have been several scenes over the past few years that have literally made me cringe), but I think the writers really did a number on that particular group of fans. I know many antis and noroms get frustrated from listening to shippers complain about the lack of resolution, but I really think the writers manipulated this fan group more than any other. They took something they enjoyed about the show and they dangled it in the air in front of them, teasing and flaunting, all the while knowing they had no real intention of every providing a resolution. Yes, UST really can add a bit of spice to a storyline, but come on... ten years? That' s a bit much. In my opinion, they should have either just allowed Sam and Jack to finally be together at the end of season eight, or they should have made Sam and Jack finally admit to one another that they may have had feelings for one another at one time, but it was never going to happen between them and move on. At least then the past six years wouldn't have been a complete waste of time. I just really hate the mind games and manipulations; if you are going to do something, just do it. Don't hint and haw about it for close to a decade and then suddenly act as if you have Alzheimer's.

In my personally opinion they should...either sh*t or get off the damn pot.
              Maybe then we could all finally have some closure and move on.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

New GW interview with BB:

GW: A lot of people are upset that Sam isn't commanding the team. We have this new guy coming in. Yeah, he was in "Lost City," but we never really saw him. And now here he is commanding the team.

BB: Well, you know, there's two things about that. One is we're back to the question of fandom and being sensitive to the desires and needs of your fan base. There's nothing I can do about that. But there's another thing which actually has to do with a certain sense of reality, is that the military doesn't necessarily operate that way. New leaders are brought in routinely into units from one place to the next. The guy who is commanding the Thunderbirds, when I arrived there, had not been commanding the Thunderbirds before. He was brought in to command the Thunderbirds. And this is what the military does. They bring people in to these positions. This is the way things lay out.

And there's also a practical element to shooting in that Amanda just had a baby. She wasn't available for the first six episodes. So creatively, as you're juggling these questions, you're not going to be able to make a decision which is going to make everybody happy. So you make the decision that makes the most sense for the storyline that you're telling. You can never make everybody happy all the time.
                The second half of Season Nine promises to give Sam a chance to command the team.
                http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...rowder02.shtml
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by AUCat
                  When do we get the promo shots of that! She looked great!
                  If you're looking for caps from the Promo, Stargate Project has some posted at http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=344
                  Looks like they also have the promo itself, for those of you who haven't seen it.
                  And yes,
                  Spoiler:
                  the guy "pressed against Sam" is McKay and it is from GUP.

P.S. Thanks for the link to the interview, Quasim!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                    If you're looking for caps from the Promo, Stargate Project has some posted at http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=344
                    Looks like they also have the promo itself, for those of you who haven't seen it.
                    And yes,
                    Spoiler:
                    the guy "pressed against Sam" is McKay and it is from GUP.
                    If anyone wants to download that right click and save target as http://qasim.gateshipone.com/SGridewithmead.vcr rename extensions to avi after download
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

I actually meant the more revealing, shall we say, outfit. The woman is a motivational tool.

Comment

Sally Special

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by AUCat
                          I actually meant the more revealing, shall we say, outfit. The woman is a motivational tool.
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/214/index09.shtml
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Sally Special

*sighs*

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              *sighs*

sally

love Torri

Comment

Thank you, Qasim. (gives blue jello)

Comment

Working...
                                X