Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Best not to ask.

But people are cruel...and that's my point. Some have said if Sam hadn't leaned over to check on Jack after he was shot, she would still be alive...in fact some even asked why she wasn't brought up on charges for abandoning her post.
    But, but, but... ::sputters::

But, judging purely from the terrain - open, boulder-studded meadow, and wooded hill - they weren't in the same vicinity. So, unless the staff-blast that killed Janet was a golden, once-in-the-universe shot, that traversed an entire field full of fighting Jaffa and Tau'ri, hitting none of them, nor the prominent boulders, not to mention beaucoup trees, it wasn't likely to have been fired by one of the Jaffa visible in the scene with Sam, and, gods help us, how's she supposed to control the fire of Jaffa that aren't even in her vicinity?

And abandoning her post??? It was a running gun-battle, fer cryin' out loud. Were Dixon or O'Neill seen ordering people forward, or sending them to fan out, fall back, try to flank, any of that? If they weren't, and I sure don't remember that, then it seems difficult to imagine how anyone in the fight had a "post" to abandon. If one hasn't been ordered to stay any particular place, then one can't abandon the place one was ordered to be. And I was always under the impression that Sam was SG-1's field medic, or the closest thing they had to one. We didn't see SG-13 deploying a recognizable medic, so who else but the field medic, or the closest thing to one, should go check on someone who took a staff blast to the chest (if Dixon was just going to crouch there and look in Jack's direction with an exasperated expression, like he was peeved that Jack was shot )?

See why I have such a bad headache and got depressed?

However, straight from Joe...

"There is absolutely no basis to this. If there were, it would have been brought up."
    The overlords of the veridian chiclets are displaying a particularly feudal attitude toward my efforts to give them to you, Über, so, please accept this one instead:

(The font is Nueva Std, New Standard, by the way, which seemed appropriate, since you set the standard in defending our Queen!)

May Joe's words soon ease your headache and enlighten the benighted souls who seem to have such a need to make the worst of Sam. All they actually accomplish thereby is to give the rest of us a glimpse of their own psyches.

One cannot but picture the military advisor detonating, in ream upon ream of regulations, with such intensity it would have registered as a seismic event if he'd perceived any posts being abandoned, and someone documenting the explosion, too - not to mention the rest of us wondering where the stray pages from the Air Force Officers' Book of Conduct came from as they blew around the country. But, nary a sound from that quarter, much less pegged seismometers and the shockwave of a humungous blast.

So that's one lie down...several countless millions to go.

Maybe we need a Demotivator for the Sam detractors that says "Yelling loudly and continuously doesn't prove anything - except if you're trying to break windows with sound waves. And if you do, then the security company will come, then you'll be too out of breath from yelling to get away."

Cool moves, Über!
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Okay how about the first part of the Burbank DVD transcript - it shows how much AT really appreciates the fans

AT: How is everyone doing?

Audience: Yea Hoo!

AT: Excellent.

Audience: We love you!

AT: I love you guys too. How much really? I’m always amazed when I come to these things. A- How generous and amazing you people are and how much love you give. People say oh it must be so hard doing these things? We get so much more back than we could even possibly give you. So thank you. (clapping) seriously Thank You. Plus the fact that we are still on the air. So THANK YOU!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Jack to a group of new cadets:
        Ok, people listen up. Today I'm going to demonstrate a choke hold on Major Carter. Please keep an eye on where the major places her hands in order to break my hold.

Jack whispering to Sam: This time Carter, try not to throw me on my @ss in front of the cadets. I've got a reputation to uphold.

Sam: Yes, sir. *evil grin*
        LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
        *falls of chair in uni computer lab and gets some very strange looks*

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Sheesh, get in line. Sal was first, wait your turn
          i'm first! (and i get the best part too)

sally, who would have greened AD, but couldn't, so sorry
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, looks like we're almost in need of a bump... Lucky I got another fic rec

Tether, by Nanda. It's a Cassie fic set in a slight AU (most of season 7 is canon, then it diverts a bit). Its sad and has character death, but its a very well written fic. One of the few (if not only :O) Cassie Fic's I've ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              But, but, but... ::sputters::

But, judging purely from the terrain - open, boulder-studded meadow, and wooded hill - they weren't in the same vicinity. So, unless the staff-blast that killed Janet was a golden, once-in-the-universe shot, that traversed an entire field full of fighting Jaffa and Tau'ri, hitting none of them, nor the prominent boulders, not to mention beaucoup trees, it wasn't likely to have been fired by one of the Jaffa visible in the scene with Sam, and, gods help us, how's she supposed to control the fire of Jaffa that aren't even in her vicinity?

And abandoning her post??? It was a running gun-battle, fer cryin' out loud. Were Dixon or O'Neill seen ordering people forward, or sending them to fan out, fall back, try to flank, any of that? If they weren't, and I sure don't remember that, then it seems difficult to imagine how anyone in the fight had a "post" to abandon. If one hasn't been ordered to stay any particular place, then one can't abandon the place one was ordered to be. And I was always under the impression that Sam was SG-1's field medic, or the closest thing they had to one. We didn't see SG-13 deploying a recognizable medic, so who else but the field medic, or the closest thing to one, should go check on someone who took a staff blast to the chest (if Dixon was just going to crouch there and look in Jack's direction with an exasperated expression, like he was peeved that Jack was shot )?

The overlords of the veridian chiclets are displaying a particularly feudal attitude toward my efforts to give them to you, Über, so, please accept this one instead:

(The font is Nueva Std, New Standard, by the way, which seemed appropriate, since you set the standard in defending our Queen!)

May Joe's words soon ease your headache and enlighten the benighted souls who seem to have such a need to make the worst of Sam. All they actually accomplish thereby is to give the rest of us a glimpse of their own psyches.

One cannot but picture the military advisor detonating, in ream upon ream of regulations, with such intensity it would have registered as a seismic event if he'd perceived any posts being abandoned, and someone documenting the explosion, too - not to mention the rest of us wondering where the stray pages from the Air Force Officers' Book of Conduct came from as they blew around the country. But, nary a sound from that quarter, much less pegged seismometers and the shockwave of a humungous blast.

Maybe we need a Demotivator for the Sam detractors that says "Yelling loudly and continuously doesn't prove anything - except if you're trying to break windows with sound waves. And if you do, then the security company will come, then you'll be too out of breath from yelling to get away."

Cool moves, Über!
              But there were other people there...you say. SG-13 was there with them...you say....

But don't you see? It doesn't matter how many SG personnel were there with Sam. She and ONLY SHE had the ability to kill that one Jaffa who ran off and killed Janet. If only she hadn't leaned down and checked on Jack...Janet would still be alive!!! SHIP KILLED JANET!!!!! It's all the fault of your hallowed Ship and that vile and whiny Barbie Doll Spam!!!!

But...but...Dixon and Teal'c would have had a better shot at those Jaffa!!!...you squeal.

Read previous message. Spam and all her super abilities was the one...the ONLY ONE who had the ability to kill the Jaffa that ended up killing Janet.

They just hate Sam my friends. It doesn't matter what the truth is..they come up with really intricate yet completely false ideas and interpret whatever they want however they want because it lends credence to their "Sam is a vile and heartless and weak person in love with SIR" and Vala is the next best thing to...well...Daniel in their eyes.

It doesn't matter that their are fans of both Sam and Vala like me...who loves Sam and came to appreciate Vala. Nope. Not possible. It's almost cult like...Sam is horrible...Vala is wonderful...LONG LIVE VALA!!!!

So this is just one of the weapons in their arsenal...proving further that Sam (or Spam as they like to refer to her) is a spare tire and Vala is a member of the Second Original SG-1 Team. These are quotes here folks, not me being snarky.

Me? I'd prefer to just enjoy the show. I love Sam and can't wait for what's to come!!!!

Last edited by Uber; 25 September 2005, 08:24 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay one last part of the DVD for the night (more in the future) - one note this con was in July 2004, so they were filming S8 at the time

Questioner: I’d like to say you are a very beautiful and talented actress.

AT: Thank you – nice staff (The guy asking the question had a replica Staff Weapon) – lots of laugher (which AT then made some great faces to the audience)

Questioner: I thought that was an interesting scene in one of the episodes were you start becoming a sort of Neanderthal and you sneak up on Jack in the shower (lots more laughter and fun facial expressions from AT)

AT: Oh memories.

Questioner: Yes well according to Christopher Judge he is getting action in just about every other episode coming up,

AT: Well Christopher is writing just about every other episode

Questioner: So in oh so many more ways are we going to see more of you

AT: Turned around pointed at the banner of Sam and said “That’s not enough!”

Um, a little bit. But I think her dalliance with Pete were she wakes up in bed not clothed, shall we say naked, is the most recent. You know someone asked me this morning if there was an X-rated version of one of the shows
                and I went (see picture – she made a face) I don’t think so mister.

Oh the only action you will see is with me and Pete for now. (some cheering some booing) I know, I know there’s the we love Pete we think he is great, then there’s the we hate him you should be with Jack. (cheering) As for any of that kind of action I don’t know. Maybe I should get Chris to write me some of his action, you know what I’m sayin’ Hello!
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

[evil pic] -deletes evil pic- [/evil pic]

I've been on eBay today checking out the Stargate items Legends Memorabila has listed in their charity auction and saw one I thought I would post a link to here. eBay Legends Memorabila auction

Sam: Sally is so going to get tsax for posting that picture and link
                  Daniel: Yawn, yup guess tsax is in a playful mood
                  *clears throat*

now how am i supposed to heal when i'm reminded of the evilness?!?

(but sam mentioned my name! squeeeeee!)

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

As for any of that kind of action I don’t know. Maybe I should get Chris to write me some of his action, you know what I’m sayin’ Hello!
                    ROFL!
                    You mean Amazon Warrior Women?

Hey, it had to be said And thanks for the transcripts tsax

Comment

Wow. I'm just exhausted.

I did something stupid and exposed myself to the worst level of Sam hatred...tried to fight it but it just took everything out of me. My head's throbbing and I'm seriously depressed. How anyone could see Sam as a vile and heartless woman...

I can't imagine the thrills people get from tearing other people down...and when you tear down a character by calling her vile and heartless on a thread built for fans to appreciate that character, you're tearing down those fans too because they're obviously stupid if they actually admire such a waste of space.

I'm stunned and appalled and I needed to come back to this forum and to this thread where people are gracious, loving and fun.

Sorry for whining. Please continue Samandering at your leisure.

wherever you went, don't go again.

don't try to reason with them.

don't try to be logical with them.

don't try to make them see the light.

they hate because of jealousy.

they won't stop until she's gone from the show.

they won't stop then.

it's a hopeless cause, honey, so don't waste your time (or heart).

(((Über)))

sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 25 September 2005, 09:22 PM. Reason: dum spelin miss take
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

*uh, like, ow*

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay one last part of the DVD for the night (more in the future) - one note this con was in July 2004, so they were filming S8 at the time

Questioner: I’d like to say you are a very beautiful and talented actress.

AT: Thank you – nice staff (The guy asking the question had a replica Staff Weapon) – lots of laugher (which AT then made some great faces to the audience)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8712/p17kd.jpg

Questioner: I thought that was an interesting scene in one of the episodes were you start becoming a sort of Neanderthal and you sneak up on Jack in the shower (lots more laughter and fun facial expressions from AT)

AT: Oh memories.
                          http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4960/p20wo.jpg

Questioner: Yes well according to Christopher Judge he is getting action in just about every other episode coming up,

AT: Well Christopher is writing just about every other episode

Questioner: So in oh so many more ways are we going to see more of you

AT: Turned around pointed at the banner of Sam and said “That’s not enough!”

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7240/126jc.jpg

Um, a little bit. But I think her dalliance with Pete were she wakes up in bed not clothed, shall we say naked, is the most recent. You know someone asked me this morning if there was an X-rated version of one of the shows
                          and I went (see picture – she made a face) I don’t think so mister.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3828/p36wx.jpg

Oh the only action you will see is with me and Pete for now. (some cheering some booing) I know, I know there’s the we love Pete we think he is great, then there’s the we hate him you should be with Jack. (cheering) As for any of that kind of action I don’t know. Maybe I should get Chris to write me some of his action, you know what I’m sayin’ Hello!

SHE'S A SAM/TEAL'C SHIPPER!!!

J/K. You know Walter will always be first in her heart.

...hey i'm a sam/jack shipper...honest...just trying to crack a joke!!! you know, a...joke???

Hey folks...I just have to ask...how can there be anyone in the world that doesn't just ADORE this woman????

I ask ya...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

SHE'S A SAM/TEAL'C SHIPPER!!!

J/K. You know Walter will always be first in her heart.

Hey folks...I just have to ask...how can there be anyone in the world that doesn't just ADORE this woman????

I ask ya...
                            Wooo! Sam/Teal'c and Sam/Walter for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              I'm curious but how exactly can TV guide know if CB will be back as a regular next season when the producers at Stargate don't even know if they will be picked up for a tenth season? I mean how often do producers start casting characters for the following season when they don't even know if there will be a season 10. Also, CB will be in much of the same predicament as Amanda is this season with a very small baby. Granted I'm not saying it's not possible it could happen, but whereas Amanda has been a part of the show for nine years now and lives in Vancouver, CB would have to move to Vancouver with a very small child in order to join the cast in season 10. I just think there has been a lot of speculation running rampant lately.
                              yeah. and i'm so sick of this subject. why should a character that was only on those five/six eps to cover amanda's absense get put into the position of potentially replacing sam permanently? and it's (certain) fans that are making these requests/demands.

here are the facts. a character like vala can not to tolerated for long. if they wanted to make her permanent, they'd *have* to tone her down. and if they tone her down, she's no longer the vala some fans know and enjoy. so keeping her recurring is the only way for it to work.

or, just make another spin off starring daniel and vala (and take lam with you).

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey Über, I don't know if it is any consolation to you, but I just browsed through the creation entertainment merchandise pages and saw the cover for the next calendar. And, guess what, it has Sam/AT in the front, Daniel and Teal'c at her sides a little bit set back, and Mitchell and Vala in the far back. It looks really good, and I am not telling you this because Vala and Mitchell are in the far back but because Sam is in the FRONT, like Jack used to be. Seems there are quite some people out there thinking that Sam is important to the show and a favorite character. Why else would they have her so prominently in the front??
                                I think it speaks for itself. Check it out (it's on the second page): http://www.creationent.com/sg1/index.htm

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X