Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    It's like up until that point in time noone really knew exactly what Sam liked to do for fun.

ROFL.
    yeah, i got that idea too. i think sam kept a part of herself distinctly separate from the boys. and secret.

there are some great small highways around colorado springs and i can so see sam getting on her bike and just taking off to enjoy the scenery
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just want to say that my very polite & appreciative letter is written and has just been placed in the box with my eight boxes of blue Jello. All I have to do is print out my mailing label, and it's off to the post office in the morning!

Comment

The thing that I found amusing about Space Race is the fact that Daniel looks so utterly shocked by Sam's exuberance to be a part of the race. I kept waint for his mouth to drop open and hit the table. It's like up until that point in time noone really knew exactly what Sam liked to do for fun.

Oh and for those who didn't already know... she IS wearing leather chaps at the beginning. (This question has been bugging me for some time) Honestly I'd be really embarrassed if anyone else had been in the room with me while I was watching it. I don't know how many times I rewinded the tape and watched her run up the stairs to try to figure out if they were leather pants or chaps. If anyone had walked in I would have looked like some obsessed Stargate fan who had an extreme fancination with Sam's bum.

ROFL.
        Hehe, I think I already have...
        Sam + Leather = ded Agent Dark

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          yeah, i got that idea too. i think sam kept a part of herself distinctly separate from the boys. and secret.

there are some great small highways around colorado springs and i can so see sam getting on her bike and just taking off to enjoy the scenery
          I just love that Sam rides a motorcycle. It's like--you can be smart and cool too. I'd love to see a few more references to the motorcycle. Her helmet sitting there in her locker or on her hall table (very glad she's safe & wears a helmet; she also buckles up in the car --she's a role model you know. ). Or seeing her head out for the day dressed appropriately.--stop drooling Agent Dark.
          I know b/c of insurance they can't show her ride but too bad we never saw her teach Jonas, for instance.

Comment

we'll save the bike riding for fanfic
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
              I better go, I can't sit much longer. I'll try and stop in daily until I absolutely,(kicking and screaming) get hijacked to the hospital, prob. early next week or sooner if the docs really demand it. I'm really NOT happy.

Miss you and all the wonderful posts already. You don't know what reading your posts, being able to post how I feel about AT and other things...well, it means alot to me. I've been very ill, and you all have made these past few weeks bearable. Thank you for making me laugh and taking my mind off of RL for a little while. (Big hug)
              Atteria,
              Hope to hear that your feeling better in a short time. I'll keep you in my prayers and look for a post from you every once and again.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                where did you hear that bit of spoiler.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1258 JM explains the spoilers from "The Fourth Horseman"
                Spoiler:
                if Teal'c is off world when the plague hits, Daniel & "new guy" go in search for a cure for the plague. So one assumption is that Sam is the one with the plague. Althought I remember reading somewhere that Orlin is not immune to the plague. Also, it is supposed to effect a large population on Earth so who knows. only times will tell

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1258 JM explains the spoilers from "The Fourth Horseman"
                  Spoiler:
                  if Teal'c is off world when the plague hits, Daniel & "new guy" go in search for a cure for the plague. So one assumption is that Sam is the one with the plague. Althought I remember reading somewhere that Orlin is not immune to the plague. Also, it is supposed to effect a large population on Earth so who knows. only times will tell
                  What if ...
                  Spoiler:
                  Orlin seeks Sam's help because he is sick and therfore, brings the plague to Earth. Sam being the compassionate person that she is tries to help Orlin and then gets sick herself?? It has to be a cliff hanger because it is the mid season episode. While she is sick she gets plenty of visitiors like Jacob, Janet, or ... if you're a shipper, Jack (which I am)
                  Just some crazy thoughts.

Comment

Just read something interesting in Joe Mallozzi's blog
                    He's talking about what stories the various writers and producers are working on and he says this:
                    Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
                    ...and Martin works on Grace Under Pressure (Sound familiar? Its intentional)
                    Perhaps related to the season7 episode Grace? Might be another cool story for Sam

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      What if ...
                      Spoiler:
                      Orlin seeks Sam's help because he is sick and therfore, brings the plague to Earth. Sam being the compassionate person that she is tries to help Orlin and then gets sick herself?? It has to be a cliff hanger because it is the mid season episode. While she is sick she gets plenty of visitiors like Jacob, Janet, or ... if you're a shipper, Jack (which I am)
                      Just some crazy thoughts.
                      I like the way you think.

NC

Comment

A couple of questions and answers from the ask Joe M. thread today.

Originally Posted by girlgater
                        Hi Joe:

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. My question is a follow-up to your previous statement. Will we have any episodes dealing with SG-1's member's personal lives--in particular Sam's?

Joe's answer:

At the moment, no stories dealing with Sam's personal life. To be perfectly honest, there's so much going on in their professional lives that we haven't really had the opportunity to explore their private worlds.

Originally Posted by SlightlyManiacalGater
                        Hey Joe -

There's already been a query on this thread about any upcoming Sam/Teal'c friendship moments. I'd like to expand that question to whether there are any Daniel/Teal'c scenes for us to look forward to. I've always loved the warmth and respect I sense between those two, and would love to see more of it. Like some others, I've been a little nervous that many of the early season 9 spoilers seem to indicate Teal'c spending most of his time with the free Jaffa, and although I'm thrilled that Lou Gossett Jr. will be joining the cast on a recurring basis, I still want to see Teal'c with his SG1 "family."

Got Teal'c?

and the answer:

The team dynamics will be a little different at the beginning of season 9 given all of the changes that occurred at the end of season 8. But rest assured that the SG-1 family will be re-united.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          He's talking about what stories the various writers and producers are working on and he says this:

Perhaps related to the season7 episode Grace? Might be another cool story for Sam
                          Perhaps. The only other 'Grace under Pressure' that comes to mind to me is the fact that it is the name of an album by the Canadian rock band Rush.

From JM's blog, it also appears as if they have changed the name of the episode 'Convergence' several times. From Convergence, to Echoes, to Merge and now Ripple Effect. I still believe this is going to be an AU episode. It's suppose to have several interesting guest stars as well... hopefully Teryl and Carmen or maybe JR.

He also writes, "While Damian works on Ethon (Quick! Grab your handy mythology enclopedias!)"...

In Greek Mythology, Ethon was a gigantic eagle. As punishment for stealing fire from Mount Olympus, Zeus had Prometheus chained to Mount Caucasus, where Ethon was set to gnaw on his liver. The liver would regenerate each night, only to be eaten again by Ethon. Ethon was eventually slain by Heracles and Prometheus was released.

I'm assuming since it involves Prometheus it's a SG-1 episode, but not positive.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            Here you go.
                            Click here to listen.
                            Click here to listen.
                            Click here to listen. Click here to listen.

Great pictures and lines, everyone!

And here's another couple of lines from Space Race that I liked. They're at the end when she's talking to Daniel about the race.

Bunch of cheaters.

Next year...

NC
                            Wow, NC! Thanks so much for those audio clips - and the last scene with Daniel is one of my favorite scenes of the entire series. "Bunch of cheaters" and "Next year? I'm going to kick butt!" Go Sam!
                            Oh and for those who didn't already know... she IS wearing leather chaps at the beginning. (This question has been bugging me for some time) Honestly I'd be really embarrassed if anyone else had been in the room with me while I was watching it. I don't know how many times I rewinded the tape and watched her run up the stairs to try to figure out if they were leather pants or chaps. If anyone had walked in I would have looked like some obsessed Stargate fan who had an extreme fancination with Sam's bum.

ROFL.
                            LOL!
                            Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I just love that Sam rides a motorcycle. It's like--you can be smart and cool too. I'd love to see a few more references to the motorcycle. Her helmet sitting there in her locker or on her hall table (very glad she's safe & wears a helmet; she also buckles up in the car --she's a role model you know. ). Or seeing her head out for the day dressed appropriately.--stop drooling Agent Dark.
                            I know b/c of insurance they can't show her ride but too bad we never saw her teach Jonas, for instance.
                            I agree jckfan!
                            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
                            ...and Martin works on Grace Under Pressure (Sound familiar? Its intentional)
                            Sounds intriguing...

Comment

Here is another new post from Joe's thread

Originally Posted by LOL4JACK
                              Hello Joe,

Thanks again for answering our questions... it's very humble that you take your time from your busy schedule to answer us.... many, many, many thanks.

I have several questions if I may:

1.- I understand from previous spoilers that Cameron will be leading SG1 during the first eps, but when Carter is called back to SG1, who will lead?

- You'll have to tune in to find out.

Here is the full post http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1355
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                A couple of questions and answers from the ask Joe M. thread today.

Originally Posted by girlgater
                                Hi Joe:

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. My question is a follow-up to your previous statement. Will we have any episodes dealing with SG-1's member's personal lives--in particular Sam's?

Joe's answer:

At the moment, no stories dealing with Sam's personal life. To be perfectly honest, there's so much going on in their professional lives that we haven't really had the opportunity to explore their private worlds.

Originally Posted by SlightlyManiacalGater
                                Hey Joe -

There's already been a query on this thread about any upcoming Sam/Teal'c friendship moments. I'd like to expand that question to whether there are any Daniel/Teal'c scenes for us to look forward to. I've always loved the warmth and respect I sense between those two, and would love to see more of it. Like some others, I've been a little nervous that many of the early season 9 spoilers seem to indicate Teal'c spending most of his time with the free Jaffa, and although I'm thrilled that Lou Gossett Jr. will be joining the cast on a recurring basis, I still want to see Teal'c with his SG1 "family."

Got Teal'c?

and the answer:

The team dynamics will be a little different at the beginning of season 9 given all of the changes that occurred at the end of season 8. But rest assured that the SG-1 family will be re-united.

NC
                                Is anyone else really getting confused as to what really happened at the end of season 8? I know we saw the end of the replicators and most of the gou'ald, but did anyone else get the impression at the end of eight that things were wrapping up? I mean I never once got any indication that when the team went fishing up at Jack's cabin that this was the end of the team and the SGC. I really hope they do a lot of explaining in the first few episodes to give us an idea as to what happened between the end of season eight and the beginning of season nine. I really hope they don't just assume we get it like the end of Moebius.

I'm also really worried that the team dynamics are a little different at the beginning of the season. It's like the team just broke up and moved on in their own directions. How sad.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 June 2005, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X