X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Thanks a lot

Is that Amanda yawning?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Thanks a lot

Is that Amanda yawning?
      No that is AT showing the difference between the guys reaction to the tunnel collapsing in Tokra (first picture) and her reaction (second picture)
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

For those that don't venture out of this thread much here is a post by prion that you may find interesting and you may want to take some action on

Want to ask a question of the SG1 / SGA actors for SciFi magazine?

If you go to the SGA board on the www.scifi.com site, you'll find a post from the ADMIN

Title of thread is : Help Sci Fi Magazine Interview the Stars of Stargate

http://mboard.scifi.com/postlist.php...argateAtlantis
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I just recieved the Stargate Illustrated Companion for Seasons 7 & 8 and thought I'd share a little excerpt with you all. It is written by a young woman who won a trip to visit the set of Stargate. These are her comments regarding Amanda.

Excerpts from
          Wandering Through the Wormhole
          By Katie Evans

The next morning. After another two hours of clothes indecision, I arrived at the dingy old iron works where Amanda Tapping was directing an episode called 'Ressurection', written by Michael Shanks. Bill was there again and led us inside, where I got my first glimpse of Stargate SG-1 being filmed. We rounded the corner to yells of "... and cut!" and made our way over to where all the cameras were positioned. It was then that I realised that less than ten feet away was Amanda Tapping, discussing the scene with [executive producer] Michael Greenburg.

Big cheesy grin: check. When she saw us, she came over, introduced herself and said, "You must be Katie." Gulp! "Yes..." came my feeble reply. She knew my name! We were then place dbehind the camera, where I got to sit in Michael Greenburg's seat -- oh, the power -- whilst watching Amanda direct and act in a scene with Peter Fleming ( as Agent Barrett ). It was so surreal.

*snip*

Later, Amanda came to our table and started talking to us. I told her I owned all the episodes, which she seemed slightly shocked about. She asked who my favorite character was, and then grinned as if to say, "Say Sam!" But I couldn't. The look on my face said it all. "It's Jack, isn't it?" Amanda asked. I nodded and she just laughed. She has got to be one of the funniest people I have met in a long time. For those of you who have watched the documentary Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown and heard the question, "Who is the funniest cast member?" I can confirm: Amanda Tapping is.

*snip*

Photo time, Amanda Tapping is to my left and Michael to my right. By now I had turned a bright shade of red and I think I was actually shaking. Amanda even grabbed my arm and put it around her waist, saying, "Get comfortable." I was actually standing between two people who I had spent six seasons watching on TV. No words can describe it, because no words are good enough.

Photos over, it was back to filming for the cast and crew. I was told the car would take me back to my hotel in six hours, and meanwhile I should feel free to have a look around. I was the cat who had the cream. Shooting a staff weapon, visiting the make-up trailer and being shown how to blow up a Jaffa were just some of the things I got up to. But the best by far had to be when Amanda called me over to show me exactly what she was going to do for the next scene. She explained how she had only had a few days to prep the episode, and that the next scene would be her and Peter Fleming entering the lab from the stairs. I then gave her a mini Q and A session.

After six of the best hours of my life, it eventually had to end. Both the cast and the crew, who all seemed genuinely happy to have me there, had treated me wonderfully. They made me feel so welcomed and wanted. As Amanda had said, "Without you, the fans, we wouldn't be here." And I even got a hug!

Regardless of how Sam may or may not have changed over the past eight years or what your opinions may be towards Sam, this article shows me that through it all Amanda has always been and still remains a wonderful role model. Not everyone has the ability to become an astrophysicists or fly an airplane or walk through a Stargate, but each of us has it within ourselves to be kind and generous to the people we come in contact with on a daily basis. To open up our hearts and make the people around us feel as if they are truly special. This to me is what makes Amanda a truly remarkable woman.

Kat

Comment

That girl is lucky
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Okay I asked Joe about the Heroes 2 issue. Hopefully, he'll answer it and we can put that delusion to rest permanently.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I just recieved the Stargate Illustrated Companion for Seasons 7 & 8 and thought I'd share a little excerpt with you all. It is written by a young woman who won a trip to visit the set of Stargate. These are her comments regarding Amanda.

Excerpts from
                Wandering Through the Wormhole
                By Katie Evans....

....After six of the best hours of my life, it eventually had to end. Both the cast and the crew, who all seemed genuinely happy to have me there, had treated me wonderfully. They made me feel so welcomed and wanted. As Amanda had said, "Without you, the fans, we wouldn't be here." And I even got a hug!

Kat
                Yep. Amanda Tapping is truely a classy lady. Every time I hear something new about her it just reconfirms it. Imagine spending all that time with a fan when you're directing for the first time. She sure could have justifiably begged off given the nature of her week, but she was gracious as always. Even when the girl said Jack was her favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Even when the girl said Jack was her favorite.
                  Maybe she agreed with her
                  love Torri

Comment

Here are two more excerpts from the Companion regarding Amanda that I particularly liked:

From Affinity:
                    /* Shippers may not want to read this part as it refers to */

Even the perfectionist, Amanda Tapping feels the big scene where Carter and Pete decide to fully commit to their relationship cound have benefitted from a bit more realism on Carter's side. "To this day, when I watch the episode I go, 'Tsk , Carter wouldn't have done that. She wouldn't have done it there, and she wouldn't have done what she did in that situation.' I mean, when Carter says 'Yes to Pete's proposal, she does it at the end of a mission and a stakeout, and it's dumb. She wouldn't do that then because it's totally inappropriate, and I was angry at the way it was handled. For Carter, it would have been a private moment. It was something she would have dealt with outside of the realms of work, because no matter how much she feels for this guy, and no matter how much it's opened her up, work is work, and her work will always be the most important thing to her. She's been absolutely open about that from the word go. So it bothered me that it was like, 'Oh well, this is how we'll fit it into the script.' I had a long talk with our executive producer Rober Cooper, and see the wisdom of what he was saying, but when the audience watches the show and sees the ending I want them to understand that I, Amanda Tapping, thought it was inappropriate."

See this is the reason I adore this woman! Why, oh why couldn't the writers take more of Amanda's concerns and opinions to heart? Her feelings regarding Sam seem to be more like those of Sam fans than anyone else on the staff.

From Grace:
                    "Another thing that was great about 'Grace' was that during shooting I didn't care what I looked like...and then I watched the episode and was horrified at how horrific I looked. Later Carmen told me, "I've got that scene between you and me on my demo reel," and I cringed. I was so proud of the fact that I was blase about it: 'I don't want make-up and I don't want hair. I want to look like I've been on a ship. This is my character. This is not about vanity and actor's ego.' But then I watched it and I went, 'Oh God! I should have had more of an ego and I should have been more vain, because I look like crap!' But when all is said and done at the end of the day I'm proud of it, and I got a Leo award for it, which was lovely icing on the cake. Actually that was a great night because Michael won a Leo as well, for 'Lifeboat.'

If only I could look as good as Amanda on her worst day!
                    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 September 2005, 02:03 PM.

Comment

From Affinity:

Even the perfectionist, Amanda Tapping feels the big scene where Carter and Pete decide to fully commit to their relationship cound have benefitted from a bit more realism on Carter's side. "To this day, when I watch the episode I go, 'Tsk , Carter wouldn't have done that. She wouldn't have done it there, and she wouldn't have done what she did in that situation.' I mean, when Carter says 'Yes to Pete's proposal, she does it at the end of a mission and a stakeout, and it's dumb. She wouldn't do that then because it's totally inappropriate, and I was angry at the way it was handled. For Carter, it would have been a private moment. It was something she would have dealt with outside of the realms of work, because no matter how much she feels for this guy, and no matter how much it's opened her up, work is work, and her work will always be the most important thing to her. She's been absolutely open about that from the word go. So it bothered me that it was like, 'Oh well, this is how we'll fit it into the script.' I had a long talk with our executive producer Rober Cooper, and see the wisdom of what he was saying, but when the audience watches the show and sees the ending I want them to understand that I, Amanda Tapping, thought it was inappropriate."

See this is the reason I adore this woman! Why, oh why couldn't the writers take more of Amanda's concerns and opinions to heart? Her feelings regarding Sam seem to be more like those of Sam fans than anyone else on the staff.
                      She agrees with us

Thanks for posting Kat
                      love Torri

Comment

Here are two more excerpts from the Companion regarding Amanda that I particularly liked:

From Affinity:

From Grace:
                        "Another thing that was great about 'Grace' was that during shooting I didn't care what I looked like...and then I watched the episode and was horrified at how horrific I looked. Later Carmen told me, "I've got that scene between you and me on my demo reel," and I cringed. I was so proud of the fact that I was blase about it: 'I don't want make-up and I don't want hair. I want to look like I've been on a ship. This is my character. This is not about vanity and actor's ego.' But then I watched it and I went, 'Oh God! I should have had more of an ego and I should have been more vain, because I look like crap!' But when all is said and done at the end of the day I'm proud of it, and I got a Leo award for it, which was lovely icing on the cake. Actually that was a great night because Michael won a Leo as well, for 'Lifeboat.'

If only I could look as good as Amanda on her worst day!
                        Amen to both.
                        You know, I thought she looked appropriately wan(?), drawn(?) what do I want to say here? given the head injury, in Grace, but still beautiful as always. You know I don't think she realizes how good she looks. (As Felger would say, another aspect of her perfection.) I remember an interview where--if I recall it correctly--she said early in her career she was looking for character roles and the director (?) said something like "look at yourself Amanda, you're a leading lady" and she was a bit skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          I remember an interview where--if I recall it correctly--she said early in her career she was looking for character roles and the director (?) said something like "look at yourself Amanda, you're a leading lady" and she was a bit skeptical.
                          Indeed she is:
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Well I finally have a Saturday off so I thought I would transcript some of the Burbank Con DVD with AT.

I just recieved the Stargate Illustrated Companion for Seasons 7 & 8 and thought I'd share a little excerpt with you all.
                            Thanks and kudos to both of you for taking the time to share this with us. I just love reading stuff like that about Amanda. It puts a smile on my face, no matter how bad my day is going. She is just amazing and reading about her perspectives on life and her generous and kind nature tends to put things in perspective for me. Plus, it is very inspiring. Don't laugh at me - but I take a lot of what she is saying to heart and truly see her as a role model.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                              Plus, it is very inspiring. Don't laugh at me - but I take a lot of what she is saying to heart and truly see her as a role model.
                              Nobodies laughing - good for you
                              love Torri

Comment

From Affinity:

"Tsk, tsk" is right. I know AT was just being nice when she said that she saw "the wisdom" of RCC's decision, but this particular issue must've ticked off BOTH large factions of the fandom. Not cool. I see no wisdom in this (I see SciFi/RCC adding unnecessary romance and smooches), but I'm so incredibly glad that she's comfortable enough with herself and her JOB, to say that she did not think it was right. I don't think she's ever been as forthright about something like that before. It's a touchy thing to openly criticize someone with whom you've worked for eight years, but I like that she did it anyway.

From Grace:
                                "Another thing that was great about 'Grace' was that during shooting I didn't care what I looked like...
                                *snip*
                                I was so proud of the fact that I was blase about it: 'I don't want make-up and I don't want hair. I want to look like I've been on a ship. This is my character. This is not about vanity and actor's ego.' But then I watched it and I went, 'Oh God! I should have had more of an ego and I should have been more vain, because I look like crap!'"
                                Though her assessment of her appearance was inaccurate , I'm pretty amused by this statement. Really, there are some aspects of one's character that can't be changed. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                                X