This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucky
    On the other hand, I'm still in the group that is less than enthusiastic about Season 9. With two actors playing major characters less than committed to full time participation--and many of the writers and producers distracted and seduced by the new avenues possible in "Atlantis" --it just seems unlikely that "Stargate" will be the show I love. It really hasn't been that show for a couple of years--although I would say the first half of Season 8 was better than the first half of Season 7. All I'm saying is that Season 9 could be a good show, it just can't be the same show.
    I am pretty much in agreement with you here. I am also a bit disappointed that Atlantis seems to be getting all of the "stuff" so to speak, while SG-1 gets crapped on. I am happy about one thing when it comes to Atlantis... that they will be able to get back to earth from now on. It means that guest spots can be done by SG-1 cast members all throughout the run of Atlantis. I just am not attaching myself to Atlantis like I did to SG-1. The cast chemistry just isn't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
      woohoo, my internet is now working!!! *does a little internet is working dance*
      there is a 'my internet is working'dance ?? How do you need to dance on that???
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah
        Absolutely. I don't think there would be anything worse than ascending Sam and/or Jack just because of scheduling problems. Not only would it seriously restrict their characters more than their abreviated shooting schedules but it would put a major crimp in the steady development of their tentative romance.

While its true that ascending one of them could have some potentially poignant moments, there's also the potential for

(a) a lot of grieving and moping, which we just had with Daniel.
        (b) a lot of air time ignoring, moving on from or not even mentioning the ascension. (a la Daniel).
        (c) a major rift between Sam and Jack for most of the season and a lot of readjusting when one deascends.

The only plus point I can think of is Jack deascending naked!

I too had mixed feelings about a ninth season. The first thing that went through my mind was this can't be good for Sam and Jack. Even though we might get to see more ship in Season 9, its bound to be a logistical nightmare to get RDA and AT in the same scene together let alone the rest of the team.
        I am not really for the Ascension thing....BUT

I bolded the ONLY point in your statement that MIGHT change my mind

maybe I had better go THUNK for a minute or too...hee hee
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've not been to the new THUNK Thread yet. Do you have a link?

Comment

hey people

i must say i cant wait for 'its good to be king' i got a good feeling its gonna be really funny and shippy on top

hows everyone??
            Carolyn

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
              Hi Shippers!

I haven't read any of the show spoilers for the rest of season 8, and was wondering if I should? Is Threads the big episode where we might get some ship? I have a general idea about
              Spoiler:
              Kerry coming into the picture, and moving to the Springs and buying a house
              but I do not know for sure when all of this happens and how it all affects Jack and Sam. Also, I don't know how
              Spoiler:
              Replicarter comes back and about all of this time travel stuff you all are talking about.
              . Is it worth reading ahead, or will it just depress me?

CONGRATS TO TAME! I can only bow at your feet and aspire to someday be as great and powerful as you. Or was that the Wizard of Oz? don't mind the man behind the curtain! tee hee!
              Kri...I think you are already about as caught up as the rest of us....all of the other stuff is about Daniel and his storyline so if you want to know about that...then I do recommend a read

and NO BOWING!!!!! ...(((HUGS))) are ALL I ever want or need

and THE ONLY reason I am a System Lord is because the people of Gate World are THE BEST!!!!!! on the internet.... I did nothing

LOL on the Oz thing tho...I am always teasing Oz on the Thunk thread about that
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                hahaha do I get a golden one,Tame.Afterall I'm your second prime.The first prime has a golden one.Perhaps I have a silver emblem ????
                LOL....well my First Prime...(AKA as Hubs...calls it a *Leash*... that man has a weird sense of humor...mmmm he may have to BOW )
                BUT _Anubis You can have any color you want ((HUGS)) you are an AWESOME Second Prime

Comment

Try this:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3094

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    Or that (spoiler for Moebius, speculation)
                    Spoiler:
                    THE kiss is not an AU or out of timeline one as well. It must be one that they both remember and it is our timeline Jack and Sam.
                    Oh I so hope so Ship Nana......TPTB HAVE to listen tou YOU ...don't they YOU are the MAYOR FCOL!!!!

Comment

Hello! Hola! Hallo: Bonjour!

Good day fair shippers!

I found this link - I've posted it in the gutter too...but incase any hussies miss it...
                      http://jack.stargate-sg1.hu/contest04/index.php

and the cover to the MacGyver DVD set.
                      http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2466

I'm feeling very

SHIP HAPPY
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally Posted by Ship Nana
                        Or that (spoiler for Moebius, speculation)
                        Spoiler:
                        (Highlight below to read):
                        THE kiss is not an AU or out of timeline one as well. It must be one that they both remember and it is our timeline Jack and Sam.
                        Sam and Jack actually....
                        Spoiler:
                        KISS???
                        See, I didn't know that little tidbit!
                        Spoiler:
                        WOOO FREAKING HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Oh I so hope so Ship Nana......TPTB HAVE to listen tou YOU ...don't they YOU are the MAYOR FCOL!!!!
                        This had better be correct information! I just got all excited about it, so it HAS to be right!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Hello! Hola! Hallo: Bonjour!

Good day fair shippers!

I found this link - I've posted it in the gutter too...but incase any hussies miss it...
                          Hey! Who you callin a hussy?? Oh, perhaps the name fits since I already went and saw it on the THUNK thread

Comment

Oh HON-EY Get yourself on over to the THUNK thread....your Decension idea was positively wonderful....I thunked hard on that one myself!

You'll have to ask the gutter gals for all the necessary safety gear when you go, but you'll be happy there and I think that you should post the decension idea as your first post....you will be quite popular....

I'm on my way over...see you there! (I'm assuming someone else has already posted you a link)

S'Claire

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              I think Sam is gonna be pretty ..
                              Spoiler:
                              .. pissed off with her Replicarter (Emotion Sam)...Jack may see another side to Sam ...he's never seen before ..may be jealous Sam!!!!! ...Jack will be proud for sure ..I could see a grin on his face ...She loves me ..she loves me

Caty

Didn't we hear also that (Season 8 speculation)
                              Spoiler:
                              that during this season we were going to see the "Dark Side of Sam". Boy could we go places with that or what?! Do you think that that is what RepliCarter is? The "Dark Side" of Sam?! It could be verrrrrry interesting.
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                                Sam and Jack actually....
                                Spoiler:
                                KISS???
                                See, I didn't know that little tidbit!
                                Spoiler:
                                WOOO FREAKING HOOOOOOO!!!!!

This had better be correct information! I just got all excited about it, so it HAS to be right!
                                oh it is right..... where have you been?
                                this guy pierre or something said... apparently he's reliable..... sorry i haven't got a link.......
                                anyone got a link for Kri?
                                i can't wait for it!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X