This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Sorry, but Sam backed up immediately when Fifth appeared and started wimpering... I'm not saying that this wouldn't have happened eventually, but it was just too quick. She didn't defend what the team or O'Neill did, she didn't say she supported it all... After Jack was tortured by First in Unnatural Selection and First threatened to use the memory of Charlie's death over and over again, Jack's response was "Don't ever do that again!" (or something to that effect).

What I'd expected to see from a leader was defiance or some semblence of a fighting spirit, for a while, at least.
    yeah, but then he went along with First so he wouldn;t do that again...

haven't seen New Order yet though will get back to you when I do...hopefully soon

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Excerpt of an AT interview in August 2004 issue of SPX:

The feelings between Sam and Jack: "It's a fairly big part of her
      heart, if truth be told. She cares so deeply about this man. They
      have to come full circle, or find some resolution. If this is the
      final season, I would love them to go fishing – but not necessarily
      show them going, just have her ask them. There is a part of me that
      thinks Sam needs to come into her own as a fully realized human
      being, and as a woman autonomous to Jack, and autonomous to that
      whole relationship. She has to have a fully-fledged adult
      relationship with a man."

Hopeful I think!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        I'd still back away physically, but not mentally. I'd back away physically cuz I wouldn't want that robot's hand anywhere near my brain if I could help it. Like I said, I may not have watched closely enough to hear her whimper before the first invasion of her mind. If it turns out she did whimper, then I will lose respect for her as well. But if all she did was back away w/o whimpering, she'd still be OK in my book cuz all she'd have been doin' was getting away from that robotic a$$hole's hand.
        why would you lose respect for her? she'd been through it before, she had to know that Fifth was out for revenge cause he felt betrayed...s%@%, I'd be peeing my pants, not just wimpering...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi

Comment

REALLY TPTB threw us a morsel!!! Very cool...I have to go find the post now....

S'Claire!

Comment

That protesting all of this may be an uphill battle!
            ahhh I understand....well I am not exactly protesting MG/Keldor
            Unfortunately for me.. I am an innately nice person and it is hard for me to be blantantly rude or mean. So my letter is pretty much what you have already seen here. That I love the show, that I was *hooked* by the ship and I feel *abused* as a fan by the things that have been said by certain PTBs.
            Threats don't do any good, so I said what I felt, no more no less.
            I am not an *extreme fan. I am not a *Rabid Shipper* as I see we have been accused of in the past and yet again since this has come back to the forefront. So I don't write like one either.

One of the things that has made me the proudest about being part of the S & J Shipper Discussion Thread is the fact that almost NONE of the people on this thread have EVER made any negative comments about other forums or other people within this forum. I did say almost, we are not perfect. But in now almost 8 threads the topic has stayed on Sam & Jack or the things that affect them or the banter between the people here in support and I mean REAL SUPPORT be it for the show or REAL LIFE support for each other. Any negative comments have been directed at mainly at characters that threaten the Sam & Jack romance and that is expected. And that really hasn't been all that bad... With the exception of a few moments where I think people wanted Pete to die (which changed and was dropped quickly).

Overall this is an extremely positive, supportive group brought together because they wanted a bit of romance in their favorite TV show and after 8 threads here that all they still want. I think TBTP just need to sit back and read THESE threads and the ones on Delphi to get a handle on JUST WHAT these fans SEE every week on their TV screens.

Well, That was more than I planned to say <stepping down from the soapbox>
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
              REALLY TPTB threw us a morsel!!! Very cool...I have to go find the post now....

S'Claire!
              Post #721
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by jjj2046
                Since I'm not a regular I hope I'm not "out-of-line" but don't you think that was a deliberate plan?
                No, you're not out of line, and......Undeniably!

Certainly seems standard procedure, when some element of a show's on-line fandom is talking revolt, send in a friendly face to pour some oil on the waters, say some smoothing words so the group will think they have a friend in TPTB, utter some vague reassurances and leave with everyone expressing gratitude that TPTB "care about us and understand our us." But it also seems like the underlying message is "stick around" because by the time the fans realize that they've been used, it's too late
                Well, being ever the optimist I'm prepared to accept that the WHOLE POINT of JM posting was to calm us all down, and there really is good shipping ahead.... The cynical side of me also accepts it's possible we're having our chains yanked (again...).
                I guess its a bit like poker, if you bet big you may lose it all, but if you win the payoff is fantastic (does this make Atlantis the pot?? ).

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  why would you lose respect for her? she'd been through it before, she had to know that Fifth was out for revenge cause he felt betrayed...s%@%, I'd be peeing my pants, not just wimpering...
                  Point taken. Even Keldor is fearful of mental torture, as not even symbiotes possess the kind of stamina to resist mental torture.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    ahhh I understand....well I am not exactly protesting MG/Keldor
                    Unfortunately for me.. I am an innately nice person and it is hard for me to be blantantly rude or mean. So my letter is pretty much what you have already seen here. That I love the show, that I was *hooked* by the ship and I feel *abused* as a fan by the things that have been said by certain PTBs.
                    Threats don't do any good, so I said what I felt, no more no less.
                    I am not an *extreme fan. I am not a *Rabid Shipper* as I see we have been accused of in the past and yet again since this has come back to the forefront. So I don't write like one either.

One of the things that has made me the proudest about being part of the S & J Shipper Discussion Thread is the fact that almost NONE of the people on this thread have EVER made any negative comments about other forums or other people within this forum. I did say almost, we are not perfect. But in now almost 8 threads the topic has stayed on Sam & Jack or the things that affect them or the banter between the people here in support and I mean REAL SUPPORT be it for the show or REAL LIFE support for each other. Any negative comments have been directed at mainly at characters that threaten the Sam & Jack romance and that is expected. And that really hasn't been all that bad... With the exception of a few moments where I think people wanted Pete to die (which changed and was dropped quickly).

Overall this is an extremely positive, supportive group brought together because they wanted a bit of romance in their favorite TV show and after 8 threads here that all they still want. I think TBTP just need to sit back and read THESE threads and the ones on Delphi to get a handle on JUST WHAT these fans SEE every week on their TV screens.

Well, That was more than I planned to say <stepping down from the soapbox>
                    If you're not rabid, then why are you foaming at the mouth? (Just kiddin'! )

Point taken. We do not speak ill of other fanbases. We have civilized discussions. Except for maybe Ship Daddy, who does an awful lot of ranting to be classified as rabid! Ship Daddy, wipe that foam offa yer face!

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang.
                      this makes me think thats Sam might say yes <shudders> BUT the wedding won't happen...

~Imzadi

Comment

((((((((((((Di)))))))))))

I wish I could speak (type) as eloquently as you have here. THIS is the reason I log on so many evenings and just read..... I get a smile from reading all the antics that go on in our * little family* Each post every person writes here is a little part of them and I am *Honoered* that I am sharing it with all the people here. AND THAT is why regardless of TPTB and whatever *new* torture we deal with in the UST, S&P, S&J saga dept. I still get a smile when I log onto GW and click on the S&J Shipper Thread.

RL has so many stresses that it is just wonderful how so many who have never met can take a minute just to put a smile on so many faces.
                        me too Tame! I love my shipper family! (((shipper family)))

~Imzadi

Comment

Since I'm not a regular I hope I'm not "out-of-line" but don't you think that was a deliberate plan?

Certainly seems standard procedure, when some element of a show's on-line fandom is talking revolt, send in a friendly face to pour some oil on the waters, say some smoothing words so the group will think they have a friend in TPTB, utter some vague reassurances and leave with everyone expressing gratitude that TPTB "care about us and understand our us." But it also seems like the underlying message is "stick around" because by the time the fans realize that they've been used, it's too late
                          Yes, I do think that was part of the reason....because it really was a *revolt* as you you put it. It still is in some respects. But I am sure that some people will now NOT write. and some will just sit back and go OK we'll see what happens. But I can only speak for myself. I will still write and have already written to MGM. I plan on writing Sci-Fi and TPTB. I am a pro-active person and I need to *do* something so if in the end nothing changes I will feel I tried.
                          However, I know many people here will not purchase anything UNTIL the final credits roll. I personally won't now. Since the TPTB have shown that they are willing to put the fans, ALL fans, on this roller coaster I will wait and see how it all ends before I spend anymore money.
                          TPTB are in a position that I do not envy. Which fan base is bigger, The shippers?, the anti shippers? the I don't cares? well as far as I am concerned the only way they will know is if I let them hear my voice as a shipper and be counted.
                          So regardless of the reason JM came by I am glad he did, at least we know SOMEONE is paying attention and we are being heard by someone.

Comment

Would be kinda funny if that's how it turned out:

: Sam, will you marry me?
                            *T and Kel'sha/LtLisa arrive on the scene*
                            Teal'c: PETERSHANNAHAN!!!! *T and LtLisa/Kel'sha look ready shoot , put him in a sarc and shoot him again*
                            Sam: What's goin' on here?!
                            Teal'c: YOU WILL RETURN MY RING NOW!!!!!
                            : Oh crap!
                            Sam: , you didn't?!?!?!?!
                            : But----
                            Sam: You Son of a @$&%^!!!!!!! *Sam slaps so hard he'll have a red mark the shape of her hand for at least a week! *
                            : Fine. Let's see how the police will like my version of these events. I'm a cop. Who do you think they'll believe? * has a self-satisfied smile*
                            *mad_gater/Keldor comes out of some bushes with a video camera saving something to the USB flash disk plugged into it*
                            mad_gater (host): Certainly not you after they've seen the footage I have saved here on my flash disk!!!!!
                            *Teal'c restrains *
                            mad_gater (Keldor): In the words of my host: "Smile a$$hole! You're on Candid Camera!"
                            I like the version where I get to use my hand device on ...Kel'sha says I'm a natural...

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              I promised myself I wouldn't reply as I was looking through the thread to make sure I haven't missed anyone for the letter but I had to reply to this one because I've been thinking the very same thing! We need to start a movement! It's time to get a petition going--and skip TPTB in favor of MGM. While it is my understanding that the guy at MGM who overseas Stargate is NOT a shipper, he WILL understand one thing--THE BOTTOM LINE!!! I think it's time we fight fire with fire and show MGM exactly how much revenue they will lose if they don't do something about this.

The Tribune article SPECIFICALLY mentioned that MGM still needs DVD revenue badly b/c it bolsters their ailing bottom line. They were near bankruptcy a few years ago when they bet it all on "Goldeneye" to revive the Bond franchise (their gamble paid off) and hence save the studio from the hatchet man.

They may not listen to a bunch of shippers who are worried that they're favorite characters look bad, won't get together, etc. They WILL listen to the bottom line though.

Yes, I read the interview, can you tell?
                              yup, suekay has a thread going...glad someone took it on, as I don't think I'd be able to manage given my internship. (Note: yes, I know...I'm always here during the day...thats cause I'm working at a biological field station on research so my hours aren't 9-5...or even close... )

~Imzadi

Comment

Yes, I do think that was part of the reason....because it really was a *revolt* as you you put it. It still is in some respects. But I am sure that some people will now NOT write. and some will just sit back and go OK we'll see what happens. But I can only speak for myself. I will still write and have already written to MGM. I plan on writing Sci-Fi and TPTB. I am a pro-active person and I need to *do* something so if in the end nothing changes I will feel I tried.
                                However, I know many people here will not purchase anything UNTIL the final credits roll. I personally won't now. Since the TPTB have shown that they are willing to put the fans, ALL fans, on this roller coaster I will wait and see how it all ends before I spend anymore money.
                                TPTB are in a position that I do not envy. Which fan base is bigger, The shippers?, the anti shippers? the I don't cares? well as far as I am concerned the only way they will know is if I let them hear my voice as a shipper and be counted.
                                So regardless of the reason JM came by I am glad he did, at least we know SOMEONE is paying attention and we are being heard by someone.
                                I agree with you!! Although I wont be writing (I'm just not good at that sort of stuff) I will still be writing here and maybe TPTB will come by again and see what is going on in our heads regarding the S/J ship (or lack there of ) I will be sticking through season 8 no matter what happens, but waiting to see if its worth it to buy the DVD's.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X