This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Marimba, I see you are still here. Are you so totally excited you can sleep, or can you not tear yourself away from us?

Did you get the letter all ready? Are you all packed? Wait, you forgot me!
    how do you know marimba's on? you see her green light somewhere?

When does Gatecon start exactly? I know she leaves tomorrow-- right?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      how do you know marimba's on? you see her green light somewhere?

When does Gatecon start exactly? I know she leaves tomorrow-- right?

ship sistah
      If you go to the GateWorld Forum main page, you will see the names of all the users that are currently logged on and visible. If you click on the user, it will tell you where that user is currently.

GateCon is July 14-19, and I think she said she was leaving tomorrow.

Token ~

Comment

*slowly making my way back to my feet*

He's more than a voice of reason-- he's THE voice. Or at least one of them. I think the fact that he even posted here has to mean something. I think this is what we've been asking for-- official ship validation. I'm almost scared to accept it, for fear of another painful plot twist or because he may not understand what we need to see at this point after all the Pete stuff.

But I think I'm going to make the leap... and trust again.

Therefore...

Call me ship sistah again! Yay!

I wonder how much he's read here? Yikes!
        Well I am glad that JM did take the time to jot us a post because of SO MUCH that has been coming out in the Lowdown.... RCC being well RCC and well I won't re-hash the last 700 something posts...
        we ALL KNOW what has gone before.....

So we watch, we write, we wait..... I am trying real hard to take that leap of Faith as well..... I will still write because I have no clue what they plan for
        SPOILER SPACE Affinity - Sacrifices

But unless Sam says no to any proposal OR there IS NO proposal I just can't see any way in those last episodes to wipe away the damage done to Sam & Jack. You can't fix in the last 5-10 minutes of the last episode what you ruined over the whole season.
        They will have appx 10 episodes left after Affinity and DDL (nice man...hate the character Pete) and DDL says he is yet another episode and he may die or he may get married. Well did DDL get THAT little blurb cleared with TPTB. For me it was one more nail in the Ship coffin. Plus DDL alludes that he is to be in Sacrifices... In what capacity???? How does he fit into THAT episode??
        So while I am EXTREMELY grateful for JM taking time out of his schedule to say something to us.... all I got from it was Sam will probably say yes and then something will happen to Pete and then Sam & Jack will have ANOTHER obstacle in the way. Sam will have to deal with *losing* Pete and Jack will be her *Friend*It is just HARD when there is REAMS of information about Sam & Pete and NOTHING about Sam & Jack.

And Still I am Hopeful
        Who said Shippers weren't Optimistic Dang It !!!!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
          Hmm. Mr. Malozzi hasn't posted in awhile. I think our ranting may have scared him off!
          Not hardly. I think HE scared off the other shippers. LOL. Where did everyone go??

Token ~

Comment

If you go to the GateWorld Forum main page, you will see the names of all the users that are currently logged on and visible. If you click on the user, it will tell you where that user is currently.

GateCon is July 14-19, and I think she said she was leaving tomorrow.
            Marimba MAY be on later...she had a family thing and then is getting a good nights rest before leaving for Gate Con WOO HOO!!!! She might be able to sneak on before she leaves.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Me, too!

ship sistah
              YAY! Ship Sistah's got her groove back! *puts on some Irish jigging music in the background and starts dancin' a jig*

*or rather, attempts to dance a jig, but feet aren't quite cooperating.*

Yep. Fred Astaire I'm not!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                Well I am glad that JM did take the time to jot us a post because of SO MUCH that has been coming out in the Lowdown.... RCC being well RCC and well I won't re-hash the last 700 something posts...
                we ALL KNOW what has gone before.....

So we watch, we write, we wait..... I am trying real hard to take that leap of Faith as well..... I will still write because I have no clue what they plan for
                SPOILER SPACE Affinity - Sacrifices

But unless Sam says no to any proposal OR there IS NO proposal I just can't see any way in those last episodes to wipe away the damage done to Sam & Jack. You can't fix in the last 5-10 minutes of the last episode what you ruined over the whole season.
                They will have appx 10 episodes left after Affinity and DDL (nice man...hate the character Pete) and DDL says he is yet another episode and he may die or he may get married. Well did DDL get THAT little blurb cleared with TPTB. For me it was one more nail in the Ship coffin. Plus DDL alludes that he is to be in Sacrifices... In what capacity???? How does he fit into THAT episode??
                So while I am EXTREMELY grateful for JM taking time out of his schedule to say something to us.... all I got from it was Sam will probably say yes and then something will happen to Pete and then Sam & Jack will have ANOTHER obstacle in the way. Sam will have to deal with *losing* Pete and Jack will be her *Friend*It is just HARD when there is REAMS of information about Sam & Pete and NOTHING about Sam & Jack.

And Still I am Hopeful
                Who said Shippers weren't Optimistic Dang It !!!!!
                LOL!! Tame, are you feeling snarky? I was reading your post and got an image I don't know whether to define as horrible or uplifting, but here it goes. What if the episode he will be in later is when he is best man at Sam and Jack's wedding since he was the instrument (plot device) for them getting together. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I was reading. It's kinda scary!

Another hug btw (((((((((((Tame)))))))))) Hope you aren't getting squished with all the hugs.

Token ~

Comment

LOL!! Tame, are you feeling snarky? I was reading your post and got an image I don't know whether to define as horrible or uplifting, but here it goes. What if the episode he will be in later is when he is best man at Sam and Jack's wedding since he was the instrument (plot device) for them getting together. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I was reading. It's kinda scary!

Another hug btw (((((((((((Tame)))))))))) Hope you aren't getting squished with all the hugs.
                  ((((((((((((Token))))))))))))) squish me ANYTIME and I LOVE your mind!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    ((((((((((((Token))))))))))))) squish me ANYTIME and I LOVE your mind!!!!!!!!!
                    OK.............

I'm off to bed, but I can end on a positive note. I got promoted. Yea, me!! Although being a Death Glider Pilot did have its perks. I'm not sure what an Underling does?! Doesn't sound as cool.

Nite all!! Don't move without me!
                    Last edited by Token; 12 July 2004, 09:32 PM. Reason: sleepy and can't spell

Token ~

Comment

Howdy...new lurker turned shipper checking in!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I'm sure this has been thrown into the discussion at some point but haven't seen it...has anyone pondered that PDL might be artificially favoring his brother DDL over the best direction of the show in order to help his acting career? More credits, more exposure, more publicity, etc? Sounds harsh but DDL is no Brando...thoughts?
                      "....in the MIDDLE of my BACKSWING!!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        I read the interview with DDL on GW.

*speachless*
                        Adjective of the day: sad.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WebHorn

...I'm sure this has been thrown into the discussion at some point but haven't seen it...has anyone pondered that PDL might be artificially favoring his brother DDL over the best direction of the show in order to help his acting career? More credits, more exposure, more publicity, etc? Sounds harsh but DDL is no Brando...thoughts?
                          As much as I would LOVE to fall on that as a reason...... I CHOOSE to believe that PDL is not that petty or underhanded with his postion.

edited to say....WELCOME!!!!!! sorry I forgot that... I have no manners
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 July 2004, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                            alright, I'm starting a revolt...who's with me? I'm not gonna take this sitting down...I say we protest. I wasn't around for the whole savedanieljackson thing, which I hear was kinda ugly, but you know what? it worked! he's back. So, I say we DO SOMETHING besides rant here. Who knows the address for MGM and TPTB? If they get a ton of letters (politely <grits teeth>) informing them that we will NOT spend our $$, watch ANYTHING they're involved in, especially their new baby Atlantis maybe that'll get us somewhere. My only involvment will be with this thread, cause I love my shipper family (((shipper family))) I say we go all out...maybe we should do the online petition too...its time to make TPTB sit up and take notice: We're the fans and we make this show possible. Don't F@^#$ with us or you'll be out a job. Our voice WILL be heard and we're not gonna take this bulls@#% anymore.

Mai'toc tuat ha'taka!!!!!!!!
                            I promised myself I wouldn't reply as I was looking through the thread to make sure I haven't missed anyone for the letter but I had to reply to this one because I've been thinking the very same thing! We need to start a movement! It's time to get a petition going--and skip TPTB in favor of MGM. While it is my understanding that the guy at MGM who overseas Stargate is NOT a shipper, he WILL understand one thing--THE BOTTOM LINE!!! I think it's time we fight fire with fire and show MGM exactly how much revenue they will lose if they don't do something about this.

The Tribune article SPECIFICALLY mentioned that MGM still needs DVD revenue badly b/c it bolsters their ailing bottom line. They were near bankruptcy a few years ago when they bet it all on "Goldeneye" to revive the Bond franchise (their gamble paid off) and hence save the studio from the hatchet man.

They may not listen to a bunch of shippers who are worried that they're favorite characters look bad, won't get together, etc. They WILL listen to the bottom line though.

Yes, I read the interview, can you tell?
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by WebHorn

Wow, what a first post! You just get right in there, don't ya?

to the shipper thread

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                                *Tries some of Jimlads grog*

*cough cough* Jeez Louise! Are you trying to kill my Tok'ra symbiote? I think we've got a new weapon against the Goa'uld here folks!
                                Well, pass some of that over here then, I could use a stiff drink!!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X