This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    You're absolutely right! We need something to celebrate! And IIRC, July 28th was declared Ship Day on the old Gateworld forum - maybe it's time to start planning the celebrations? It's only a couple of weeks away!
    Yay!!!! PARRRRRRRRRRRRTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jjj2046

<snip>

However after reading the July AT interview that seems less likely.

What article would that be? Can you tell me what was said? If you don't want to upset the shippers further, please email me personally at [email protected] .

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
        You're absolutely right! We need something to celebrate! And IIRC, July 28th was declared Ship Day on the old Gateworld forum - maybe it's time to start planning the celebrations? It's only a couple of weeks away!
        Yep. Keldor's ready to get drunk as a skunk! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          Waterfall I have no clue either.If Season 8 is going to be mostly Earth based episodes Sam might as well be just a scientist.I always felt a certain actor was never a big Sam and Jack Fan and this Actor seems to be calling most of the shots and getting what they want.That is all fine just do not tease Fans for 8 years then wonder why fans are not happy.The last time I checked fans do not write the Stories and I may be wrong but I do not remember fans demanding Sam and Jack be together after the First episode.If TPTB kept Sam and Jack's relationship co-workers or just Friends then there would not be this outcry to get them together.TPTB were the catalist and now they want to drop Ship because there afraid of Non-Shippers.

I don't know why they would be afraid of the non-shippers ..because the non-shippers Sam and Jack are a minority in the fandom industry...

Most fans..watch Stargate....for the sci-fi shows but they also tune in to find out about the relationship between Sam Carter and Jack o'Neill and how it evolves or develops...

...and I talked to a lot of casual viewers ..and that's what they told me ....It's a BUZZ....

...and I think THE MAJORITY of fans ....devoted fans or casual viewers....want Sam and Jack to get together ...

The non-shippers are no threat to TPTB in the viewing ratings ...because most of the Stargate population are Sam and Jack shippers .....

I really do think they(TPTB) should be careful about the future of Atlantis .....

The ratings may be bad if Fans think they are being toyed with ....

I do believe we are having our chain Yanked like Marimba says ...Atlantis will suffer tremendously because of that ...Spinoffs never work unless the original show finish on a high note(which means if the fans are happy) ...and the fans will be powerful on that matter..

Look at what happened to the x-files ...

The "lone gone Men "did'nt work because the fans didn't trust Carter(TPTB) anymore ...

same with the introduction of Doggett and Reyes in season 8......Fans even called Doggett ..Dog head or Doggy....saying that he was replacing Mulder .....flirting with Scully ...and it was all bad ...the fans hated the new direction of the show ..and the x-files sank....along with the spin off...

I think it looks similar to Stargate to me:

Doggett= Pete

Doggett was perceived as a threat to Mulder ,
          Pete a threat to jack

Both have not so nice nickname
          ....Dogett=Doghead, Doggy

Pete = Pit.....ptsui.....spit...potato ...potatoe head ....

Do you see a pattern emerging here?????!!!!I do.

Caty

Comment

In regards to me asking everyone if they could see my new sigpic:

Originally posted by Token
            All I see is an 'X'.
            I wonder why? I know sometimes things don't show up for me, but I just right click on the 'X' and choose 'show picture' and it comes alive.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

I wonder why? I know sometimes things don't show up for me, but I just right click on the 'X' and choose 'show picture' and it comes alive.

Sally
              Wonder if the website your picture was linked to died?

If the website you get your picture from dies, you will get the classic red "X" where your pic is.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                Yes, you have!! I enjoy reading what you have to say! Where would we be without our Aunt Sally? *a lot less posts* ((((((((((((Aunt Sally)))))))))))

BTW...Are you an Aunt on Ship Mum's side of the family or Ship Daddy's side?
                Thank you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Token)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sally

ps - I'm on neither side... I'm the illegitimate shiplette that slept out in the yard with the dog.... even the dog kicked me out of the doghouse.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  Dang it! I knew I'd get off too soon last night! (But I really needed my sleep & by 10:30 pm had already did the "oh, 15-minutes more, oh, another 15 minutes won't hurt," then another 15....stayed online an hour or two longer than I'd planned to be on!) But anyway.....HI JOE ! Sorry I missed you by only 2 posts, but thanks for taking time out of what we know is an extremely busy schedule to pop in to post w/us. Can't speak for anyone other than myself, but we'll be tuning into S8 at our house, ready for the loop-de-loops, twists, turns & all. Thank you & don't be a stranger.......c'mere for another ShipperSquisher Hug!

Don't get over-excited ....We probably won't get anything big between Sam and Jack ...May be a quick fishing invitation...on the spur of the moment as they were leaving SGC ...a la evolution lunch scene......typicall TPTB ...

I'm really losing all hope now for something more than a smile and "let's go fishing" ...well at least I won't have to bother saving up for my season 7 and 8 DVD's boxset......And Atlantis won't be on my list ..

I may be wrong ....but I do think Sam and Jack will be together ...but no big ship to show it ...just very ambiguous....and I feel very sad about that .

I pity Marimba who's gone to the gatecon ...Oh Mia...Mia ( THEY GONNA SPLASH Pete's photo all over the shop )..

Me who wanted to go to the" Sam a week end with her fans "in February in london ....Well I keep my money.....and buy myself a new outfit instead.

I also think Joe means that she'll acceppt the ring ...bummer !!!!...and the pic for Affinity (Sam and bench scene) was there already so that we get used to the idea....and no scream when it happens.

WHAT DOES ALL THAT HAVE TO DO WITH STARGATE SG1.!!!!

I'M STILL PUZZLED ABOUT THAT STUPID STORYLINE !!!

Caty ....still upset S/J Videos are a no-no for me now )
                  Last edited by Catysg1; 13 July 2004, 04:39 PM.

Comment

No need to be sorry Sally.I feel the same way.We did not see it but Sam was Engaged to Hansen.What purpose does it serve the character having Sam get Engaged to Pete after a few month after Sam has supposedly been in Love for Jack for 8 Years.Someone please tell TPTB this is Stargate not Melrose Place.I really believe that since DD is a relative there is no way he was only going to be in one episode.TPTB may have been tired of bringing up the Regs but I perfer the Regs to the Pete Story line.I am no expert on Soaps but not even a Soap would do this bad a job with 2 characters.If Sam and Pete were going to go this far I cannot believe we have not had one adult conversation between Sam and Jack to discuss there feelings or thoughs.

Comment

Sally

Check the link again ..You may have forgotten a tiny symbol.!!!!!

caty

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        No need to be sorry Sally.I feel the same way.We did not see it but Sam was Engaged to Hansen.What purpose does it serve the character having Sam get Engaged to Pete after a few month after Sam has supposedly been in Love for Jack for 8 Years.Someone please tell TPTB this is Stargate not Melrose Place.I really believe that since DD is a relative there is no way he was only going to be in one episode.TPTB may have been tired of bringing up the Regs but I perfer the Regs to the Pete Story line.I am no expert on Soaps but not even a Soap would do this bad a job with 2 characters.If Sam and Pete were going to go this far I cannot believe we have not had one adult conversation between Sam and Jack to discuss there feelings or thoughs.

IT IS REALLY A BAD ...BAD JOKE

Caty......who thinks she may stop posting for a while and do other things ..to cheer her up ....just can't stand it anymore.

Comment

Good for you Cathsg1.I am not buying Season 7 and I am not watching Atlantis.I was also going to the convention is New Jersey in August but not anymore.JM sounds like a nice Guy but he was trying to do Damage control but the Damage is done.In regard to Sam accepting the ring it has nothing to do with Stargate.We must have all missed the Memo about Stargate turning into a Soap Opera in Season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by estelle

Estelle *who still thinks we're in an AU b/c there is no chance this can be happening for real*

You might have something there!... I had this real weird head rush a couple of weeks ago... either I had a minor stroke, or I was shifted into an alternate universe. Okay, that's it, we're ALL in an alternate unverse, where Sam and Jack LIKE each other and boink other ppl.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              IT IS REALLY A BAD ...BAD JOKE

Caty......who thinks she may stop posting for a while and do other things ..to cheer her up ....just can't stand it anymore.
                              Buck up there Caty! They say things are always bleakest before a miracle! Maybe we'll have a miracle in our darkest hour.

Comment

Sally
                                Did that, but I still have a "X".

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X