This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacme

Hmmm.... so for hours Sam's back there in the engine room all by herself-- where she almost told Jack she loved him-- and is in such a deserate state to get him back, she is now wearing his clothes. What was she doing back there?! Why did she have a such a nice smile on her face when she finally came out to speak to Teal'c? Why did she avoid talking about stuPit? Was she really just trying to figure out Jack's hyperdrive adjustments all that time. I think no!

ship sistah
    LOL! Too funny. Naughty, naughty, naughty! I like the way you think.

But I hate to sound stupid or naive, I don't get the sleeveless t-shirt thing?!

Was Teal'c thinking the same as Sam then? I am not trying to be a smarta**, I just don't get it!

Chris

Comment

Token, I love how your sig keeps expanding-- and Jack and Sam get progressively intimate! Let's hope we get more pics to add to it!!

ship sistah
      Thanks! It's just sooo much fun! Can't get much more intimate 'cuz PG forum.

Token ~

Comment

New Order Spoilers

Personally I loved everything about this episode. I think this was one of the best episdoes so far. There was great team interaction. I loved the Sam/Teal'c stuff on the ship. There was great Jack/Daniel banter. There was lots of Thor. I think AT and Patrick Currie did a wonderful job in their scenes together. I found it really heart wrenching. And I did see concern on Jack's part for Sam. When the Asgard said they couldn't detect any life signs on the surface the look on Jack's face was anything but blase. I said before the premiere started that I wasn't expecting any ship so the absence of it didn't really bug me too much. I still think that this will be the season that the ship is resolved (seeing as how it's pretty much 100% that RDA won't be back next year) but I don't see it happening early in the season. So I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show and content myself with the subtle ship of old until they finally decide to deal with the Sam/Jack ship head on.
        Last edited by Shipperahoy; 10 July 2004, 11:51 AM. Reason: Wrote that there were spoilers but forgot to include the spoiler space. Bad mod. Bad.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
          Maybe cuz Jack didn't havethe authority to ream him out. I mean, is kind of out of Jack's jurisdiction. But Jack should've at least called the boss works for and told him about what he did.
          Ahhh! But now Jack's in charge and can do whatever he wants. (within reason ) I hope is on his to-do list.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            New Order Spoilers

Personally I loved everything about this episode. I think this was one of the best episdoes so far. There was great team interaction. I loved the Sam/Teal'c stuff on the ship. There was great Jack/Daniel banter. There was lots of Thor. I think AT and Patrick Currie did a wonderful job in their scenes together. I found it really heart wrenching. And I did see concern on Jack's part for Sam. When the Asgard said they couldn't detect any life signs on the surface the look on Jack's face was anything but blase. I said before the premiere started that I wasn't expecting any ship so the absence of it didn't really bug me too much. I still think that this will be the season that the ship is resolved (seeing as how it's pretty much 100% that RDA won't be back next year) but I don't see it happening early in the season. So I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show and content myself with the subtle ship of old until they finally decide to deal with the Sam/Jack ship head on.
            I with you, Ship Mum! I'm going to enjoy the ride! (and I'm sure it will be a wild one at that)

Plus, it's always good to agree with your Mum.

Token ~

Comment

Originally Posted by mad_gater
              *snip*

Hey ShipNana! Wakey Wakey! We wanna hear your take on all this!

*splashes cold water on ShipNana so that she'll wake up*

Aren't me and Keldor mean?
              And where's Aunt Sally? I'd like to hear her comments as well. Maybe we should slow down so everyone can catch up. Isn't it time for the forum to crash yet? I know, I know, then no one gets to read

ship sistah
              Come on, Shipper Family!! We have to close this thread tonight. I know it was a long, exhausting, drinkfest...Stargatefest last night, but we want to here from all of you.

Lurkers, have a red cookie, and tell us your thoughts on "New Order"?

Don't forget Spoiler Space.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                I thought it was rushed as well. Sam didn't give her much choice though. (gotta save her man)
                gotta agree TPTB didn't give us much here
                The banter was good. I've never been a Daniel fan, but I like what he is doing now. In LC, I loved Weir, but now not so much. Steen was much better. She made Weir strong yet warm. Tori's Weir was cold and too businesslike even the clothes Weir wore have changed to express the coldness. Not sure I'm going to like Weir in Atlantis, but we shall see.
                I am *trying* to be open about the new *Weir* since she is who we get. But I too thought Steen had a *certain* something that was missing here. BUT I too am not a huge Daniel fan but I was happy to see MS putting the *Snark* back into Daniel
                The potential was there. I didn't think the torture scences were that scary (and I don't watch scary movies). Unless you were afraid of spiders or eyeballs, there wasn't much there. AT did an excellent job to the reactions. I thought when she flinched was great.
                You said it better than I did...there was no *real* sense of being scared of what was happening to her other than Sam's emotions...and since I am a FIRM believer in NO ONE CRYS ALONE I was getting misty <smiles sheepishly> ( I cry over AT&T commercials)THAT is what drew me in so I give AT credit there. TPTB needed to give her MORE time to develop that scene.
                Absolutely Fabulous! RDA's Jack is a kid in a candy store.
                RDA we can NOT say enough about how he brought the show up a notch by *waking up*
                I was screaming at , "Don't you kiss her!!!" Argghh! Her reaction to his kiss was priceless. Hmmm, no love there! I guess I can console myself with the fact it wasn't Pete it was Fifth. Ahh, nope.
                tired of giveing time - so nothing to say here
                Yes! I wasn't expecting them to jump one another (would have been nice), but the looks and the touch was again priceless. Where Jack put his hand was an intimate spot reserved for only those you are close to.
                oohh I like how you put that *Intimate spot reserved for those you are close to* just gives me Shipper tingles
                The team scene was great. I liked when Sam said, "Within reason, sir." Jack's gonna have fun, and hopefully with Sam.
                Responding to you has made me long winded. I did take Ship Daddy's advice, and I didn't read any spoilers so I was pleasantly surprised.
                Well I can't be the only ONE that talks to much around here

I LOVE what you are doing with your signature BTW!!!!
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 July 2004, 12:08 PM. Reason: needed to add smily spoiler space ...sorry
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                  Tame, so glad to see someone else thought they weren't bad -- I liked the banter, too. Daniel REALLY had been eating some gray cookies -- or else Jack finally rubbed off on him!
                  (but grumbles, still would have liked a hug)
                  I really did like Jessica Steen better BUT since we have this new gal I really am trying to give her a chance. and I think she did ok. I think it helped that MS put a little *Snark* back into Daniel and I think she played very well off him.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                    Spoilers for Season8 New Order

I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I laughed quite a bit out loud, which means something to me. Jack was at his best. RDA seemed much more into it than he did at the beginning of season 7. AT played Sam much softer and lighter than she has in the past. More smiles. MS is putting more snark into Daniel, and CJ is warming up Teal'c as well. Loved Teal'c and his BIG gun!

I have a feeling that this is going to be the direction that they are going in this year. (They said that in the Lowdown, didn't they?) We are going to see the cast play with their characters emotions more than we have seen in the past. I think that I am going to like it, especially if it means that we get more scenes like the one with Sam and Teal'c in the ship (without Jack, Teal'c is so gonna be Sam's anchor on missions off-world) and the team scene near the end.

Like others that have posted here, I would have liked to see some scenes played out more. Did anyone else get the feeling, though, that they were watching something big like the Super Bowl? Two minutes of action, five minutes of commercial? I'm curious if the actual show minutes were the normal. Curious to know how many scenes were edited out.

As for the ship, it was there. Subtle, but there. I didn't expect much more and was pretty happy with what was there. TPTB have always been very good with subtlety. Hidden meanings are to be found everywhere - the humor, the ship, etc. It's one of the reasons that I find the show so appealing. The creative talent involved with Stargate is tremendous. Of course, that admiration is probably why I was so disappointed with Chimera. That episode seemed so poorly written, so beneath their talents as writers and producers. Hopefully, they will prove me wrong and that it will turn out to be just a little piece of a much bigger picture that will leave me satisfied after all.

In all, New Order made me hopeful for the new season.
                    I think the fact that it made me *HOPEFUL* is the best part

Comment

Sam replys in a sweet southern accent, "Why, General, what ever do you mean?"

Jack coos, "C'mere, and I'll show you."

Silence....

Sam groans, "Sweet, sweet dad-day!"

Jack grrrs, "Oh, mama!"

Teal'c grins.
                      ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh How I wish!!!!!!!!

Brad Wright JM any PTB look over here....see THIS is good !!!!

Comment

Spoiler space:

When General O'Neill went up to give his speech and the first thing out of his mouth was 'At ease', I loved the pan to the staff. It felt like they were thinking, 'okay, we are going to have fun with him in charge!' That was cool, I can't wait to see how this dynamic develops.

I can't remember who it was that said it looked like Jack was going to lean in and kiss Sam when they were standing behind the podium. I must say, I fully agree. I thought that whole scene was intimate with the looks and how close they stood to each other.

Oh yeah! is sooo not a threat to O'Neill!!
                        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                          Spoiler space:

When General O'Neill went up to give his speech and the first thing out of his mouth was 'At ease', I loved the pan to the staff. It felt like they were thinking, 'okay, we are going to have fun with him in charge!' That was cool, I can't wait to see how this dynamic develops.

I can't remember who it was that said it looked like Jack was going to lean in and kiss Sam when they were standing behind the podium. I must say, I fully agree. I thought that whole scene was intimate with the looks and how close they stood to each other.

Chris
                          *mad_gater/Keldor are reclined in an easy chair in the gateroom guzzling beer*

Jack (gritting teeth): mad_gater, Keldor
                          mad_gater (host mode): What?
                          Jack: Whatcha doin?
                          mad_gater (Keldor mode): This calls for a celebration General O'Neill!
                          Jack: Alright. I think you and your Tok'ra buddy are a little TOO at ease.
                          mad_gater: Aw man!

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                            Spoiler space:

Chris
                            That was just an overall enjoyable scene to watch Any time they have a *nice* moment the chemistry those two have PERIOD just comes through the camera regardless if it is scripted or not

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                              *mad_gater/Keldor are reclined in an easy chair in the gateroom guzzling beer*

Jack (gritting teeth): mad_gater, Keldor
                              mad_gater (host mode): What?
                              Jack: Whatcha doin?
                              mad_gater (Keldor mode): This calls for a celebration General O'Neill!
                              Jack: Alright. I think you and your Tok'ra buddy are a little TOO at ease.
                              mad_gater: Aw man!
                              Methinks that MG's symbiote is OBSESSED with drinking

I thought *blendings* made it so you all couldn't drink...mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                Methinks that MG's symbiote is OBSESSED with drinking

I thought *blendings* made it so you all couldn't drink...mmmmmmmm
                                Maybe Tok'ra just normally don't drink in public cuz blended people tend to get very "weird" when mixed with alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                                X