X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
    Ok... I just saw M2 and..

Spoiler:
    What the hell was that? It waaay too short to cover a storyline like that. Why didn't they use the 90minuter for this ? And yes I'm dissapointed for the anti-ship. I feel like the TBTB wrote this ep in 5min without actually even thinking what they were writing....go and spend the last ep with RDA for this.. what were they thinking... This was a poor ep IMO.. Didn't like it.

It had potential but the execution was just baaaaaaaad. Damn those TBTB for screwing up this last ep. Why didn't they just get together Is it too late now if RDA isn't going to be on for 9s? maybe a guest appearance... hope still lives on

Damn I'm just SO angry at tbtb now

That's it for me
    Don't leave-we must stick together and think our plan of attack! any ideas!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PoeticTragedy
      Hey Gatebee ((((((gatebee))))) Shall talk to you tonight
      I would like to talk to you too Poetrictragedy. Hope I am on tonight with broad band and not dial-up

Comment

decided not to read all the way back. Just to much

Comment

Well I am off for now. See you all sometime later. Take care to all.

((((((((( Caty )))))))))))))))))) Please stay. You are a great part of this ship family. You should not let TPTB destroy your love for your ship family.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Don't leave-we must stick together and think our plan of attack! any ideas!

Well, I guess I'll stick around at least for the first eps of s9.. I have baaaad feeling about this B.B fellow though.. Hope I'm wrong and I hope we'll get to see something nice in the beginning of s9

Comment

Well, I guess I'll stick around at least for the first eps of s9.. I have baaaad feeling about this B.B fellow though.. Hope I'm wrong and I hope we'll get to see something nice in the beginning of s9
              Nooooo Sir Ruff You cant leave please stay
              And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

This is what I posted in my alternate identity at the samandjack yahoo list, somewhat revised, and hopefully, clearer:

Well, I liked "Moebius, Pt 2"--I didn't think it was grand and terrific and OH WOW!, but I did like it.

There’s going to be a big blank space, so I’m just setting up some typeface.

Spoiler:
                I know some people are upset that the kiss occurred between "Alt.Timeline Jack" and "Alt.Timeline Sam," but I think there's another way of looking at this.

There's a "Back to the Future" reference in the "Atlantis" episode "Before I Sleep," and I think the "Moebius" episodes are doing a bit of "Back to the Future." That movie starts out with Marty McFly, the character played by Michael J. Fox, coming from a family of losers. His mother is an alcoholic; his father is a milktoast at the mercy of the town bully, and he and his sister are non-entities. When he goes back to the past, he changes one thing--his father rescues his mother and kisses her at the high school dance. When he returns his life is completely different. His mother and father are successful; his father has just published a science fiction novel, and he has power over the town bully.

So. As others have noted, one has to go around a moebius strip twice to get back to the original starting point.
                In "Moebius, Part One" our SG-1 goes back to ancient Egypt and messes up the timeline. The result is a present where none of them rises up to their full potential for greatness. That is, "Moebius, Part 1" puts the timeline equivalent to where it starts for "Back to the Future"--things are bad. But the alt.timeline SG-1 are *not*
                an AU SG-1--they *are* our SG-1. Notice that we never have AltTime SG-1 and Our SG-1 together at the same time. When they go back OurDaniel is still there--having conveniently taught the locals to speak English, but the rest of OurSG-1 are dead--and alt.timeDaniel is dead. So there are never two of them at the same time. (Incidentally, I thought it was a nice touch that Alt.TimeDaniel is the one infected by a Goa'uld. Without Sha're as part of the story, it made sense for Daniel still to be hurt because someone important to him--in this case himself--is implanted.)

Thus, in Part two, the people who should make up SG-1 go around again to reset the timeline back to the was it was at the beginning of Part one.

But it's not a complete reset. Some things are different.

They find the tape--*again*. But now they know not to go back again.

AND they find the ZPM. The ZPM wasn't there the first time.

Neither were there fish in Jack's lake.

So. They didn't just fix the timeline, they made it better.

So. When they are in the past they are the only SG-1 available. Just as Marty McFly in "Back to the Future" makes his parents' and his own life better because his parents kiss in the past, so Sam and Jack make *their* future better because they kiss in the past.

I know I’ll never convince those who wanted to see the old Sam and Jack have a talk, kiss, whatever. From my perspective, we did.

That is, from the way I see it, there isn’t an “alternate Jack” and and “alternate Sam.” Those are always just Sam and Jack. Their kiss in the past is what sets up their relationship in the restored future. The fish in the pond is the sign that things will be better, are better.

Bucky

Comment

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Nooooo Sir Ruff You cant leave please stay

Oh, I'll stay! I can always chat here with you people and dream about the proper ship. Screw the TBTB

but You all are great!

Comment

Ok... I just saw M2 and..

Spoiler:
                      What the hell was that? It waaay too short to cover a storyline like that. Why didn't they use the 90minuter for this ? And yes I'm dissapointed for the anti-ship. I feel like the TBTB wrote this ep in 5min without actually even thinking what they were writing....go and spend the last ep with RDA for this.. what were they thinking... This was a poor ep IMO.. Didn't like it.

It had potential but the execution was just baaaaaaaad. Damn those TBTB for screwing up this last ep. Why didn't they just get together Is it too late now if RDA isn't going to be on for 9s? maybe a guest appearance... hope still lives on

Damn I'm just SO angry at tbtb now

That's it for me
                      (((Sir Ruff)))

S8 MoebiusII vague
                      Spoiler:
                      I agree with you about the execution of the entire plot, when you know the potential for what they *could* have done... and not just w/the S/J ship, but with the entire story... and really, not just for this show, but the whole season. I guess that is what disappoints me too in a way - it was yet another lost opportunity to really make the show spectacular.

But you know what? I think I am happy that I come here & get spoiled. RE: S9
                      Spoiler:
                      I can't imagine what it would be like when season 9 begins to air and to have not been on-line learning about show developments in advance. It would be quite a surprise, and probably not a really happy one, to not know what had happened and to find out in July that there was no Jack, no Sam and the leads of Farscape were now on SG: SG1...
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        Lmao! Classic
                        And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Oh, I'll stay! I can always chat here with you people and dream about the proper ship. Screw the TBTB

but You all are great!
                          Yay! and so are you

Comment

Thinking about it some more, I've though about the ending of S8 and what is in store for S9 ...

Moebius / S9 :
                            Spoiler:
                            The more I think of it, the more I am lead to believe how SCREWED we are come season nine. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Moebius, Part 2 despite it being slightly rushed and did not have a very good build-up. I though it was a good episode, and a excellent long kiss between Sam and Jack, the sparks flying everywhere but the fact still remains, we STILL haven't got a REAL kiss. Ok, it most certainly confirms the suspicions of Sam and Jack in love, not that we didn't know already, but after three kisses from AU S/J I was expecting at least ONE kiss at the fishing small .. no matter how good it was, something to actually SHOW they were together. But yet again, we've been lead in the opposite direction ..

Thus, crushing any hopes for S9. In all seriousness this time, I really do wish RDA would just make his mind up as to if and when he'll appear in S9 - it starts filming NEXT WEEK!!! If he comes on, then we could perhaps expect something out of ship, but I'm really not counting on ANYTHING now. I'm going to judge season nine by the first handful of episodes, and if they don't supply anything actually of any interest, I'm going to give up all hope.

With filming starting earlier this season, this gives AT more than 5 episodes to appear in, is my guess. But I can't help wonder that the recalled AT and RDA at the end of S8 might have been to film a scene for the opening of S9. Though, I'm not counting on it at all.

*end rant*

Anubis
                            __

__

Comment

Wooooo its kinda back up *Joy* Im watching Moebius part 2 finally managed to get it

Comment

Wooooo its kinda back up *Joy* Im watching Moebius part 2 finally managed to get it
                                I'm back. first time ever not alot of posting the past 3 hours. And it took me two times before I could get on to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X