This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liebestraume

My take on these spoilers is slightly different. I suspect that, as psychological torture, Fifth will prey on Sam's darkest fears -- in this case, her life with Pete would not be as idyllic as she had envisioned. (I actually hope the "checking up on her" issue gets at least a nod. ) So, in regards to Jack, what would you all say Sam's darkest fear is?

And, congratulations for Thread V!
    I think her greatest fear is that he doesn't feel the same for her, that he doesn't love her, that the whole D&C thing is in the past and HE moved on since then. Her comments in Grace seemed to indicate that to me

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      Aunt Sally! then you can make it say Thread #10 like its supposed to!!!!!
      This is has been addressed every time we've started a new thread. This is the 5th thread since we've moved to the new forum. It would be "false advertising" to call it the 10th because the other threads are on the old forum and can't be looked at here on the new forum. And eventually they wont even be available from Delphi.

It's the 5th thread, just leave it at that.

That's all I'm going to say on this topic.
      Last edited by bcmilco; 13 June 2004, 11:43 AM. Reason: to remove a comment that's no longer true ;)
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        You and me both Mala....you and me both
        me three

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
          ROFL!!!! serpent guard armor, eh? and a staff weapon? That wouldn't happen to be for Ptui would it? I DO love your dancing! Keep it up!

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!
          no, cause I would NEVER hurt a nice guy...oh, wait...no comflict there...oh, where are you?

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
            Will Sam only be with Pete until mid-season. I get the impression that AT wants Sam and Pete married at the end of the season.
            *gasp*

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.....

*vomits*

*weakly drags self back to computer*

OMG! Don't even SUGGEST that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PTB might hear!

Okay-so maybe I am a pessimist and in dire need of an optimistic shipper cookie-so if anyone has one those-send them over. But the articles and the quotes and etc all seem to point in a direction that makes me most unhappy.
            Okay, to cure the pessimist I recommend you watch AT LEAST a dozen shippy vids of your choice (Tame and I can both recommend lots of sites) and read LOTS AND LOTS of fanfic (I'm sure we could both help you there too)!! If that doesn't work, I live down the road and I own the first six seasons on DVD (season 7 is on tape)--you are welcome to come over and we'll watch shippy episodes until you drop into a rose-colored ship-induced haze!
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

ask and ye shall get it, thread is officially closed.

feel free to trot on over to thread V
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SHIP, SHIP SHIP AND MORE SHIP between Sam and Jack ...that's what I what to see.....

......and NO whatsoever with Sam

And what are all those posts about negativity??!!!!Did you read any new spoilers since yersterday ..cuz Aamda T did say Jack will be there in the dream sequence and i'ts idyllic.....That is the last spoiler I've head with the double Carter episode ...Is there anything else?!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  I think the time for that adult conversation was back after D&C. I agree "leaving it in the room" is not a conversation and it is not a resolution. IMO had these two fine officers been in RL they would have sat down and had that real conversation and worked something out, whether it be seeing other people or one of them changing their job.
                  <snip>
                  Yes, I agree--leaving it in the room is NO solution! TPTB missed a GOLDEN opportunity with Beneath the Surface IMO. They SHOULD have had the convo at the end of that ep! After all they'd been through together, that would have been perfect timing. The feelings had already been admitted twice (once in D & C, once in BtS) and they seemed to really enjoy spending time together as Jonah and Thera. If they had gone ahead and had the convo there, we wouldn't even be DISCUSSING this right now! Either TPTB would have killed ship, put it in a holding pattern (as in "I'll wait for you"), or gotten them together! Right now it seems TPTB are trying to keep everyone happy (and in the process making no one happy) and the result is LIMBO!!!!!

Comment

Well It was Di's fault she gave me a cuppa (and it holds a gallon, play on her words)
                    Tame, Tame...now I only put the glass in your hand, YOU were the one to fill it....6 or 7 times, by my count

I think it was in the last thread (or possibly a different thread discussion) that you and I both said the same thing about it being some poor writing and direction.
                    I still hold true to that. I believe TPTB (writers, directors, producers, actors) sometimes really lose sight of the little details and focus on the *BIG* picture to heavily.
                    OK, was reading the Sunday Chicago Tribune newspaper, Arts and Entertainment section (see, I do SO read other media ) and here is an interesting quote on how writers of TV series are adding more nuances and moral complexity to the female characters.

"The breakthrough manifested in several recent TV series is to let women be audacious too. To let women be dark and spontaneous. To let women have mixed motives and gray areas and shady pasts and shaky futures. To let their souls breathe -- even if the result is a rattling cough. "

This got me thinking..even put down the mimosa glass for a minute....

While they provided several examples of such women (mostly from the current crop of crime solvers), they omitted our AT. My on-topic point (and I DO have one) is to add onto Tame's comments...perhaps the writers were trying to flesh out Sam's character, with her encouragement, and they didn't falter, they intentionally went...well, not dark, but gray. Perhaps the fans were SUPPOSED to be a little disconcerted by Sam's relationship with . Perhaps there IS a master plan not to redeem her in our eyes but to see how Sam and Jack's relationship resolves, IN SPITE OF her poor choice and what we perceive to be her blind acceptance of 's mistreatment. Surely, Jack sees the same thing we do....strong, independant Sam, turned into a doormat. WE have trouble with it, how does this situation, her shortcomings change HIS view of her...and yet, he still cares very deeply for her, regardless of her losing her position on that "pedestal".

Now don't get me wrong, we all know EXACTLY what kind of shippy ending this fan requires, even demands, I'm just sayin, maybe TPTB actually are a step ahead of us........

musings, just musings
                    Di

Comment

Wow!!! You guys have been busy, but I've had fun catching up!

WooHoo on Thread V!!!!

Token ~

Comment

I have all six seasonson too-maybe I need to come and eat shipper cookies with you. Us Texans have to stick together on this
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          You're welcome ... You see ..Sam is with jack ..She is now expecting his child ..it's a nice video and Cassie plays a big part in Sam and Jack's life .

You'll love "Story of my life " Kristian Leontiou ..It's Jack centric .

Caty aka ShipDiva
                          I am so glad I had the song and that sending it you worked .
                          And wouldn't we all love it if Sam were really expecting Jacks child .

I have watched 'story of my life' and I love it . I love the song and now I love it even more. I loved how you used 100 days as the centre of it. I have played it over and over again!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I have all six seasonson too-maybe I need to come and eat shipper cookies with you. Us Texans have to stick together on this
                            Yes, we do! Now all we need to do is round up Ewokmonster and Token and we'll have a regular shipper party!

Comment

no article-just feelings from the way she gushes over sam's romance with pete and how sexy he is and yada yada yada. as i said in an earlier post-this woman is givining me whiplash-
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Wow pretty active forum for a Sunday! I agree that most of the interviews AT has been giving are not really all that positive news for us S/J shippers!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X