This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeromathlete
    OMG we actually have a Season 9. Sounds like good economical sense for the Sci-Fi Channel, but whoa...

Okay, I will be wholeheartedly disheartened if RDA's role is cut back too far and I'll start to have X-Files flashbacks and whine about it. But if they handle contract negotiations and other things of that nature well, then it should be the great production that I've come to love over the past few years. We'll just have to wait and see now.

But I really do hope they get J/S together by the end of this season. Dude. I do NOT want to wait another year for that!
    You know what scares me more? As much as I don't want to wait another year for Sam/Jack resolution, putting up with more Sam/Pete would absolutely kill me! So, I could handle waiting another year , but ONLY if I knew the Sam/Pete thing was GONE. *andIdon'twanttowaitfortheresolutionanymorepleasenomorewaitingpleasenomorewaitin gpleeeeeeeeeeeease*

Sally
    Last edited by majorsal; 15 November 2004, 10:07 PM. Reason: *snort* the bloody thing was too long :p
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Enters to take a cynical view of a 90 minute "Threads."

I do not want a 90 minute "Threads" ep if it will be extended for more of
      Spoiler:
      Oma, etc. and long philosophical discussions about ascending.
      I'm not that fond of ascending as a plot anyway and having the entire population of Abydos ascending just 'cause (IMO) TPTB didn't know what else to do with Skaara and the rest of Abydos lowered my opinion of ascending as a basis for an ep to about the bottom. Anyway, now that we know there's a Season 9, we know Daniel won't ascend again, don't we? So what's with this ep? Something for Daniel to do, he needs an ep. Probably. Now if "Threads" were extended
      Spoiler:
      so that there would be more than just a few cryptic scenes with Sam/ Pete, Sam/Jack, Jack/Kerry, etc. that have dialogue that can be taken more than one way so that anti-shippers stay happy(see past eps),but rather that the scenes are fleshed out and the dialogue definite that Pete is going and Jack/Sam are having THAT talk finally(with happy results),
      then bring on those 90 minutes. BTW,speaking of past eps, anyone miss hearing those clanking Jaffa footsteps in the corridors? "Moebius", maybe, but that will be time travel and so more a repeat than a new adventure.

And oh, I didn't request my name on the list for Caty writing instead of TPTB because I was catching up and when I'm catching up I don't need another long post to scroll through just to see my name on a list. So consider it on there without putting in on. Now if only we can spirit her to B.C.........
      Last edited by Gatetrixer; 15 November 2004, 10:28 PM.

Comment

well we will just have to wait see what the rest of season 8 holds for us
        *I CANT WAIT THAT LONG*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
        http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
        http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Just wanted to show off my new sig which I know some of you will appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            Just wanted to show off my new sig which I know some of you will appreciate.
            Oh, gawd! I SO hated that jacket, and not just because whom she was with while wearing it. Glad I'm not alone.
            In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
              I think the intent was take over Jack's existing position, not Sam's. Somebody still needs to do Jack's job if he's off doing other (smuttier) things. And a little Dixon ever week would be more than welcome by me.
              I'd actually prefer a new base commander that irked most ppl (especially Sg1). I guess I'd like the tention that an idiot would bring, especially if this guy would be making the big decisions. But not make him evil, just stubborn and set in his ways. Would make for interesting and fun moments/scenes (I'd like to see him 'getting' his, but for him to turn out pretty good in the end).

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                OPTIMISM REBOOT!

I think a few of us have been spiraling downward into sad thoughts upon hearing of a Season 9 coming up. Theoretically, shouldn't we be happy about this great milestone the show is taking? And we don't know anything conclusive about RDA's filming schedule or contracts or really anything S9 related except for the fact that it will happen for that matter. So we should probably just lean back, relax, sip your choice nonalcoholic beverage, and enjoy the holiday season as it comes up. And then we'll get our good Stargate fill come January!

I should probably take my own advice.
                Your giant red words scared me at first.

I'll try to not let the doubting gremlins overwhelm my meager brain... I said I'd try... I'm trying, what more do you want!?

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

My 1000th Post!

Woo Hoo! I'm Royal Guard now (I think)!

Some greatist hits of the thread to celebrate.

And I've made great new friends: http://community.webshots.com/album/191936146aMykRy

Thanks everyone. To 1000 more!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                    Yeah, thats what I would like
                    They could decorate the Stargate with flowers and decorations! It would be lovely!
                    And they could say there vows at the top of the ramp inside the Stargate like they do when giving promotions

Do you think that Joe Mallozzi will visitthis thread right now and see all our ideas for a wedding then pass them on to Michael Greenburg as an idea for the Season 9 finale???

*Dream over*

Oh, well we may not get a wedding but as long as we do get some lovely Sam/Jack coupley scenes I will be happy
                    I don't think I'd want a wedding at the SGC. No matter how they dress it up, it still seems kinda cold and impersonal. And as much as I love seeing Jack in his dress blues, it would be nice to see it happen in a more casual setting. He looked hot dressed down in Grace in his sandals. And Sam would look great in one of those slip wedding dresses.

Caty PTB?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

SEASON 9!!

OMG I'm SO EXCITED!!!

*coughs* I dunno maybe I'm alone!! But I think it's cool and I'll give it a go and watch it till it's end!!

Just hope they don't do an X-Files...........

But so far they're not

All the more time for RST!!!

I mean if Pierre's right and
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam and Jack have their resolution on screen in season 8
                      they will HAVE to be together next year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                        My 1000th Post!

Some greatist hits of the thread to celebrate.

And I've made great new friends: http://community.webshots.com/album/191936146aMykRy

Thanks everyone. To 1000 more!

ship sistah
                        Congrats! WOO & HOO!
                        In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          My 1000th Post!

<snip>
                          Jeez, I didn't realize I gave out so many greens (yes, I was going to congratz you privately ). But, since I can't...

Congratz, ship sistah!

*hugs and jack clones*

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Ooh yea

I came here for a reason *remembers now*

I wrote this fic last night at like midnight and i actually cried while I was writing it!! Was such a strange experience...but I decided to share

Falling Leaves

WARNING: Character death

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                              SEASON 9!!

OMG I'm SO EXCITED!!!

*coughs* I dunno maybe I'm alone!! But I think it's cool and I'll give it a go and watch it till it's end!!

Just hope they don't do an X-Files...........

But so far they're not

All the more time for RST!!!

I mean if Pierre's right and
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam and Jack have their resolution on screen in season 8
                              they will HAVE to be together next year!!!
                              Thanks for reminding me of the good things, Angel of Fire!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I actually like the ascension storylines. They're pretty cool.

BUT

I think the reason for extending Threads to 90 minutes is to prevent us from having another Chimera, where they tried to cram in disjoint personal stories into mytharc stories, only to put together a somewhat jumbled episode that didn't really convey each goal effectively. A longer ep might allow them to do this smoothly. And hopefully it'll work in favor of both the subgroup of Daniel fans who aren't shippers and also for us shippers.

Comment

Working...
                                X