This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Anubis
    I think this came from the episode with Aris Boch right?
    Yep. Right before that really cool shot of the ship coming up...

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      Bless you Baggie! You're the bestest!
      ((((((((Shipperahoy))))))) I just hope I can get a copy !

*Imagines being trampled by Essex Shippers trying to get their copy *

*Sigh*

We need the exact details ! I'd send Hubby out to the all-night Tesco,but he's adamant that they don't stock the mag.

Our Ship will come in ....that I do believe !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hmmm...perhaps that is what it pertains to. Still

Spoiler:
        The way they state it "Colonel Samantha Carter is getting married" just made it seem like a done deal to me. I'm dying to read the article so I can see what she has to say on the subject.
        I'm sure they intentionally worded it that way in order to get people to read the article.

See it worked too. You are dying to get your hands on it to read it.
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Okay

I had palputations there, but I know that the headline's just to grab people's attention.

Spoiler:
          How can they say AT's happy with the engagement, when she has said she took umbrage to the whole thing?!?! Her words - not mine!

Fic update soon from yours densly.
          Season 8 Affinity spoilers ahoy:

Spoiler:
          Well, AT is doing the press thing. It's very bad form for an actor to publicly criticize an ongoing plotline in the press. The reporter asked the question. She likely plastered on a fake smile and gave the party line. It's about all she can do if she doesn't want to get a reputation for being difficult -- which is generally not a good thing for an actor's career (especially a woman over 35). She has to support the story and not give away the ending. Not a whole lot of options, really.

Knowing as much as I do about the whole publicity end of the industry, it's hard to take anything an actor says to a reporter when doing show PR seriously. They almost always say what they're told to say. Their own opinions are rather irrelevant to the process.
          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
            Well here is some Jack/Sam speculation for Moebius. It from Our Stargate forum

snipped spoilers

There you go.
            Thanks/ I'll try to keep hopeful. where there's life there's hope, right? but i am so sick of
            Spoiler:
            of pete, and sam and jack being kept apart. i'm just so tired of TPTB finding excuses to keep them apart when it's so obvious, even now, that they should be together. i just want pete gone, so they can progress

still, maybe we'll be rid of him soon.
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Ok thank you Anubis for the translation ..and that's it ..we know now that Sam and Jack will be together ..The specualtion we had was true ..the spoilers are correct .

Sam is having
              Spoiler:
              big doubts ..and you can't go back on doubts ...If you have doubts ...they will stay there forever...therefore you can't go through a mariage and having doubt .

It will be total soap opera and will make Sam really foolish..stupid and you name it ..to marry somebody that she does not love .

Sam is smart ..she'll never go through that .

I think the "Colonel carter is getting married " is because Affinity aired in the UK this week and is repeated like 4 times this week ...so have to make a big deal of it . .The article may only refers to the proposal ...If you get an engagement ..you are supposed to get married ..hey ..but if you have doubts ..you don't go through with it ..I know Sam will do that and not at the end ....I don't think I'd like to see Sam marching towards the priest and just before she says yes ..she runs off..NO..no...no ...

But I want to see Sam finishing with Pete by the end of Threads ..just because she knows that she does not love him .

it will also be emphasized by the fact she saw Jack with someone and she'll probably be heartbroken too ..so she 'll know straight away ..and finish with Pete ..telling him ..she loves somebody else ..and she just had her confirmation that she trully does today .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                What a damn fine member of the shipper family you are, baggie! *tosses a half crown towards the costs*
                LMAO !! Half-a Crown,eh ? Geez, I know we Scots have the reputation of being "Tight",but you must have held onto that coin since ....Oh, 30-odd years !

*Gives the precious coin a swift polish,and rolls it back,after making a big,very sincere and fervent J/S Shippy wish !*

(To non-pre-decimal Brits/Shippers from other Nations : "Half a Crown" =2 shillings and sixpence =12.5 pence nowadays . )
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

goodnight everybody I have just finished my filosophy now it is 0.00 AM so I'm going to bed now see ya
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    I'm sure they intentionally worded it that way in order to get people to read the article.

Bingo! They're trying to sell magazines. Saying something might happen isn't as eye-catching and doesn't sell as well. Headlines are often like the promos. They're vaguely related to the episode, but usually a bit misleading in the attempt to grab as much attention as they can.
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy

OMG!!!

Spoiler:

I hope they just say that because of the proposal and not because they know more than we do!!!
                      But what do they mean with "her thoughts on the happy event?"
                      HAPPY???? Are they completely nuts?
                      And when she comments on that, then there isn't really a chance that they are just referring to the proposal, right?

That's a nightmare!
                      Because if there really is a marriage, it will be Pete!
                      Isn't there any smily that screams in panic/shock???
                      I need one to express my feelings regarding this scenario!

You know it could also mean (speculation Moebius)
                      Spoiler:
                      that maybe our Sam watches herself get married to during their time-travel/AU and she realizes what a BIG mistake that would be for her because the AU Sam is not happy. Remember the only reality that matters is ours!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana

I'm betting there's nothing new in that article regarding "Colonel Carter is getting married " ..it's only because Affinity is airing in the UK all this week (repeated 4 times) ...so it has to big here too ..not just the US.. hey ..Do you get it ?!!!..the show is international ...and an engagement for Sam is a big thing ..well for the press of course ...so interview . .that's all.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
                          it's okay... the interview was probably done a few months ago...
                          they probably didn't know that they were gonna split up!!!
                          don't worry we've had much more evidence to support that j/s get together...
                          RELAX kiwi!!!!! it means nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and remember those immortal words:

" is NO THREAT to O'Neill."
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Cult Times #111 has Amanda Tapping on the cover and the little blurb they have for it says

Spoiler:
                            Colonel Sam Carter is getting married! We got hold of the delightful Amanda Tapping, who plays Sam, to get her thoughts on the happy event, Season Eight's top-name guest stars and her changing home life…

Please don't let it be Pete!

(Thanks to Morjana for providing the info)
                            Well
                            Spoiler:
                            Generally when referring to an engaged couple/person, they'll use: is 'getting married'. 'getting married' (future tense) isn't the same as 'has gotten married' (past tense). There is nothing in that statement to verify that it's a done deal. She can still break it off . And we shippers have full confidence she will because she belongs with Jack , and anything less is 'settling'.

Kris

Comment

I mean really! Just look at these pictures!!!

I don't think that Sam has to think long and hard about her choice!!!!

Ship Nana

Comment

Regarding the Cult Times interview

Spoiler:
                                Even given the liklihood that it pertains to Sam's engagement to Pete
                                someone has got to read that article to see what she says about it. I'm dying here!
                                *HYPERVENTILATING*

Dont hate me this is pure speculation and tiny spoilers for Moebius.....

What if Sam does
                                Spoiler:
                                marry Pete
                                , but the
                                Spoiler:
                                kiss with Jack
                                is just kinda of her way of letting him finally go. A goodbye if you will!

*runs off sobbing*

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X