This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubySlippers
    I deleted lots of this because it was just too extensive. But don't forget the bit where Jack is looking under the bomb with Sam and Daniel. He's got all that floor space to lie on but instead puts his head almost *in* Carter's lap and gets a great view 'up the valley and between the peaks'!!

Sorry! I've been spending far too much time on the RDA Thunk thread and reading fanfic today that my eyes really hurt. I'm off to give them a rest now and watch a few of my favourite shippy episodes, starting with 'Entity' I think.
    Good catch!! Yep, I looked back at my handwritten notes and saw that I HAD noticed that!! His head was almost lying on Sam's stomach. It didn't make it into the typed version, largely due to my inability to decipher my own handwriting (or, should I blame it on the Orange Shipper cookies dipped in wine? hmmmm) Now if only we could get Jack and Sam in that position in his cabin post HWMS !!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
      Caty! ahh don't worry about it!! It's no big deal to me! I'm glad that Steffi asked you to do it, because it was wonderful! And I just saw your newest video. (The French one.) Beautiful song and you did a wonderful job! Thanks for posting the lyrics too!

umm.. as for Josh Groban songs.. well "To Where You Are" is a beautiful one. But that's kind of sad and I don't know if it fits with Sam and Jack. And "You're Still You" is beautiful too, that might be a good one to look at. "When You Say You Love Me" would be good too, except Jack hasn't said, "I love you" to Sam....yet. "Mi Mancherai" is such a beautiful song and that one would work wonderfully in a Sam and Jack video. "You Raise Me Up" would be an excellent one as well. And "Your the Only Place" would be good too. It just depends on what you want to do. But again Caty, you've made me a happy women. My favorite tv show and music artist being featured in a music videos together is just awesome!!

Thanks!

~*~Emilee~*~
      Emilee,
      Hope you've watched Caty's L'Hymne a L'Amour -- can't understand a lick of French, but Josh's voice, emotion and the mood of the selected clips really moved me. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Now I'm off to catch Marimba's latest.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        Just posted a new vid:

"I'm Already There" by LoneStar!

It's kind of my take on what it would be like for them together and as a family! Just kind of squint a bit and suspend disbelief! Enjoy!

The link is below in my sig!
        I LOVED IT!!! really, the clip selection was awesome and seeing Jack with Cassie...well, let's just say you can really imagine him with his and Sam's offspring (one of which looks a LOT like Grace)!! The moments with their communication shows how well they really COULD connect if, if, IF they would just have that basic and essential discussion. They seem to value what the other says, you can tell by how they look at each other. Sigh........it was lovely. need a cookie now...possibly Purple

Di

Comment

i was actually going to mention the serpents venom moment - i think we all know the one - too, but something shiney caught my attention and it went out of my mind ever so briefly, and by the time i remembered i had switched off the computer. but seems how someone else got to it anyway, i will say this, that is one of my all time fave episodes and also one of my fave ship moments.

also, while reading i noticed this...
          “Pretense” – Telling Carter “No, she can’t keep him” when she meets the little Nox boy
          wait just a minute...
          this wasn't pretense, it was the nox. and it was in season 1. hhhmmmm. (sorry if this has already been noticed.)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            i was actually going to mention the serpents venom moment - i think we all know the one - too, but something shiney caught my attention and it went out of my mind ever so briefly, and by the time i remembered i had switched off the computer. but seems how someone else got to it anyway, i will say this, that is one of my all time fave episodes and also one of my fave ship moments.

“Pretense” – Telling Carter “No, she can’t keep him” when she meets the little Nox boy
            wait just a minute...
            this wasn't pretense, it was the nox. and it was in season 1. hhhmmmm. (sorry if this has already been noticed.)
            You're absolutely right, I placed it in the wrong season and episode!! It was a shippy moment I wanted to include but again, we see who imbibes during their research
            ....should probably run a contest to see who catches the most errors...wouldn't even have to give out a prize because watching for shippy moments is reward in itself

and NO ShipDaddy, I haven't watched Learning Curve again yet...working my way thru S5, but will do as ordered soon.

Please view these lists as a labor of love, a work in progress even, with all the inconsistencies and mistakes that a rough draft implies; I'll edit and correct as necessary. I figure by the end of the year we will have a fairly accurate 'Shippy Synopsis".
            Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
              You're absolutely right, I placed it in the wrong season and episode!! It was a shippy moment I wanted to include but again, we see who imbibes during their research
              ....should probably run a contest to see who catches the most errors...wouldn't even have to give out a prize because watching for shippy moments is reward in itself

and NO ShipDaddy, I haven't watched Learning Curve again yet...working my way thru S5, but will do as ordered soon.

Please view these lists as a labor of love, a work in progress even, with all the inconsistencies and mistakes that a rough draft implies; I'll edit and correct as necessary. I figure by the end of the year we will have a fairly accurate 'Shippy Synopsis".
              Di
              What a woman!!!! Taking one for the Shipper Family!!!!!!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                VIDEO 43 "Je t'aime encore" Natasha St Pier...Sam aime Jack ..Il est l'amour de sa vie. ...Beautiful French song ..Great voice.
                C'est magnifique!!! (not sure about the French--mine's REALLY rusty--but you get the idea! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!)
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

To my fellow shippers, or any lurkers reading here. I'm looking for a specific quote in the new Cult Times issue number 30. I think only the Brits have it now. If someone has this issue, will you please write me personally because I've got a question.

email addy: [email protected]

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

WOW!!! Gateworld is finally back up!! YAYYY!!!!
                    I couldn't get on last night or this morning and I didn't quite know what to do!
                    So, hey how is everyone??
                    I haven't had a chance to watch tv much lately so I haven't seen the new add but it sounds exiting,NOT!
                    I'm going to go with everyone's sentiment here and say no news is good news.Actually it's quite exiting to not know what's gonna happen, cause I went overboard on spoilers last season.
                    I'm hoping for lots of ship.Jack/Sam of course.

OT:
                    Tampa Bay Lightning are now the Stanley Cup Champions!!!
                    YAYYYYY!!!! I live in the Tampa Bay area!
                    And those Canadians said us Floridians couldn't play Hockey! hehe!
                    I'm sure the guys of Stargate were watching as they are all hockey buffs.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      Pretense Telling Carter No, she cant keep him when she meets the little Nox boy
                      wait just a minute...
                      Darn, I saw that and then I got all cought up in my 'you left out "Learning Curve"' thing that I forgot all about it.
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hey I didn't say anything, I figured if you haven't mentioned it yet you had a good reason.

Of course S5 wont take you long to get through
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          Hey I didn't say anything, I figured if you haven't mentioned it yet you had a good reason.

Of course S5 wont take you long to get through
                          Didn't mention it because remember, I am working off of Morjana's original list, and Learning Curve actually wasn't on it. I've tended to go back and rewatch those episodes on her list to catch some additonal ship; more recently I'm trying to rewatch the whole season to make sure that no little bits of ship go missing. Actually have caught some of the ones she didn't mention, like Hathor in S1 or Serpents Venom in S4, notated in purple in my posts.

Now, S5, well I actually have been a little pleasantly surprised..I'm seeing brief flickers of ship in Ascension, The Fifth Man, and especially Red Sky. Have no fears, I will continue to watch and document the SF(ship factor) for posterity.
                          yep, it's a rough job, but....well, you know the cliche.

Di, who will be editing this list for eternity

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                            I guess it's scene at commisary when Jack & Sam are talking about new recruits. There is a lot of banter and it's really funny and sweet.And of course they eat jello!!! (if I remember correctly)
                            Okay, I remember the jello scene but for some reason I didn't read that one as especially shippy. Am I just getting too cynical for my own good?
                            I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Okay--I'm thoroughly deprived! I don't get to listen to videos--for "technical" reasons that have not been explained to me by hubby we have no sound on our computer now! So I can only vicariously participate in the video appreication. However, I did hear a great Melissa Ethridge song this afternoon and thought--ooh, shipdiva could use that! I can't remember the name (duh) but it had the coolest line about "the angels will have to wait....cause I just want to stay in this moment with you...can I slip into you...." it's not word-for-word but you get the drift? Maybe? Naw--should I just mind my own business since I'm only a vicarious participant?

Comment

Now, S5, well I actually have been a little pleasantly surprised..I'm seeing brief flickers of ship in Ascension, The Fifth Man, and especially Red Sky. Have no fears, I will continue to watch and document the SF(ship factor) for posterity.
                                yep, it's a rough job, but....well, you know the cliche.

Di, who will be editing this list for eternity

Okay--I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I don't see shippiness in Ascension at all! In fact, to me it's one of the least shippy eps--I think Jack is sort of <gasp> mean to Sam in that ep! He tells her she's nuts because no one else can see Orlin--what happened to trust? This is a person he will trust with big honkin' guns and his life over and over again but he won't give her the benefit of the doubt here? Nope, I just don't see the ship. (please don't hurt me!)

Comment

Working...
                                X