X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auralan
    Thanks for the info!

Personally, I'm in wait and see mode. There are a lot of ways this could be good or bad depending on what they do the carry the series forward without RDA as a major element of the show. I won't really know how I feel about it until we get more info on how this will play out. It won't be easy with that much less RDA and Amanda's constraints early in the season, but it could be done. For example, they could make my inner fangirl very happy and hire Adam Baldwin. Yeah, still shallow.
    *raises hand*

I vote for Adam Baldwin too! Loved him in Heroes--LMAO! I could so see Dave Dixon again--especially if they give him a big part!

Edited to say 'my bad!'--reminds self not to try to post while doing other things!
    Last edited by marimba26; 06 November 2004, 02:52 PM.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      *raises hand*

I vote for Adam Baldwin too! Loved him in Lost City--LMAO! I could so see Dave Dixon again--especially if they give him a big part!
      It is deeply sad that I managed to read that in a dirty way the first time through. I'll just go sit in the gutter corner and try to remeber this is a PG forum.
      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        I'm not sure how I feel about a season 9 but if that's what happens I'll give it a shot. Part of me thinks that they should just cut out while they're ahead. If I had a choice in the matter I would like them to end at season 8 and have a movie with RDA in it rather than a virtually RDA-less season 9. And I'm not sure how this will affect the S/J ship either.
        I'm not thinking this will be very positive for S/J ship unless they are already together and happy. I definitely could take seeing them together and happy.

Originally posted by Andy867
        For me, its kind of mixed emotions. I want a season 9 because it is stargate and there are plenty of original ideas plus my infatuation with tying up loose ends, like with the Ascen and complete confirmation of the Tollan. Even if they are still gone, we might be able to take whats left of their knowledge and benefit from it, or even improve on it thanks to the continual understanding of alien technology. And I definitely would have mixed emotions with the absence of RDA, but it would also be good because when he does appear it means a major plot is happening.
        That could be. I can only hope that they will use his time wisely for big plots as opposed to just being the guy who shows up, snarks, then leaves. And I definitely think I would need some ship time (as in I want to see them together).

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        If it means they can write stories without having to figure out if they need to take Jack out or wedge him in. If it means that MS will not be getting lines that "RDA would have done if he were here." If it means more off world stories and more SG1. If it means they make it so that the regs are no longer a question, and some resolution can be brought to the Carter/O'Neill relationship.

Agreed.

Well said, all of you! I agree with all the points you've made. I'm not sure I'm excited about it though so I'm going to take a wait and see attitude.
        ... Than I have no problem whatsoever with a season with only four Jack episodes. It would most likely mean a better use of his time, and a better use of the other characters.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
          Love this Clip Token! It's so darn obvious that Jack is leaning towards Sam plus
          Spoiler:
          was I dreaming or wasn't it acknowledged in the season seven DVD in the audio commentary?

Sg1Poz
          LOL! Ok, Marimba, I owed you one

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
            Allright I am going to try to translate the whole text from German to Dutch to English.You can find the article on the link here in the quote.But you must know that I'll try!!!I has been 2 years that I have read German.Speaking it isn't hard but how it is written.Grammar and stuff.And than there is my English.Please be aware that I might spell some words wrong.Apperantly Dutch supposed to be the hardest language next to Russian.Anyhow here goes.
            ---
            Allthough it is not confirmed by MGM or the American SciFi channel season 9 of Stargate SG.1 is going to happen.That sayd by exacutive producer Michael Greenburg at the London Film and Comic Convention about the 9th season and about Richard Dean Anderson as the star of the show.According to Michael Greenburg there is going to be a 9th season BUT RDA would only appear in 4 episodes.He is going to make more time for his daughter and with that he is giving up slowly but certainly his role as General Jack O'Neill.

About Amanda Tapping who is pragnent and is expecting a child in March will of course be there in the serie.But she will go to the shooting in Vancouver B.C. end March because of the birth of the baby that is planned during March.After all this talk and babeling the last few months it looks like a 9th season of Stargate SG.1 will happen.And of course there will be a second season of Stargate Atlantis.The ratings of Stargate Atlantis were much higher than those of the still very good and high!! ratings of Stargate SG.1 We are taking a big risk here but after learning about today we can say there is going to be a 9th season of Stargate SG.1 and a second season of Stargate Atlantis.
            ---
            Allright I did it.But it wasn't easy.So now you know A 9th Season of Stargate SG.1 and a second of Stargate Atlantis is going to happen How great is that!! Wiieee Juich Party!!! at Gate World
            So, let me get this strait.
            RDA in only 4 eps and AT missing a few in the beginning of season 9.
            Sounds to me like "Stargate 1/2"

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              LOL! You can never have too much Shakespeare!! Talk about a shippy writer! Angst, love, intrigue, everything you want in ship! Well, except for that death thing... I mean, it's true that his really angsty stories ended in death, but his comedies had happy endings!

Okay, so maybe we should leave Shakespeare out of here. Wouldn't want TPTB to decide to use any of his really angsty endings!! Jack and Sam should be happily ever after, not drinking poison and stabbing themselves!
              Actually I'm a big fan of Shakespeare's comedies for romance. The tragedies, well, they're tragic and the lovers usually end up dying--definitely not something I want for Sam and Jack! But the comedies, well that's different! I love Much Ado About Nothing! Excellent--funny and romantic! Two people who are different but wind up together (meaning Benedick and Beatrice here)--kind of reminds you of Sam and Jack! Besides even the tragedies have some of the most romantic language in literature (I've even used it in a vid or two). Anyway, now that you've had your literature lesson for the day...lol (knew I'd use that dang degree for something ).

And to leave you with a shippy quote--
              O, be some other name! What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called, Retain that dear perfection which he owes Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for thy name, which is no part of thee, Take all myself.

--Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet 2.2.42-49

I use this quote bc these are two people who are divided by their duty (if to family and not to service)--remind you of anyone?

See, this thread is educational too? Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                So, let me get this strait.
                RDA in only 4 eps and AT missing a few in the beginning of season 9.
                Sounds to me like "Stargate 1/2"

waterfall
                Not clear that AT will be missing at the beginning of the season. They can work that shooting schedual around her.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  As for the margaritas, we've got plenty of those around here...help yourself
                  I think I already finished those...

*hic*

and can I add my vote to the Colonel Dixon thing? He (and his team) were fantastic - when you consider the impact they had against the amont of screentime they had.

So, I watched Chain Reaction today and I remembered where my main shipper feelings lie. Yep, Jack/Harry

*runs away very fast*
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    It is deeply sad that I managed to read that in a dirty way the first time through. I'll just go sit in the gutter corner and try to remeber this is a PG forum.
                    I resemble that remark

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                      Allright I am going to try to translate the whole text from German to Dutch to English.You can find the article on the link here in the quote.But you must know that I'll try!!!I has been 2 years that I have read German.Speaking it isn't hard but how it is written.Grammar and stuff.And than there is my English.Please be aware that I might spell some words wrong.Apperantly Dutch supposed to be the hardest language next to Russian.Anyhow here goes.
                      ---
                      Allthough it is not confirmed by MGM or the American SciFi channel season 9 of Stargate SG.1 is going to happen.That sayd by exacutive producer Michael Greenburg at the London Film and Comic Convention about the 9th season and about Richard Dean Anderson as the star of the show.According to Michael Greenburg there is going to be a 9th season BUT RDA would only appear in 4 episodes.He is going to make more time for his daughter and with that he is giving up slowly but certainly his role as General Jack O'Neill.

About Amanda Tapping who is pragnent and is expecting a child in March will of course be there in the serie.But she will go to the shooting in Vancouver B.C. end March because of the birth of the baby that is planned during March.After all this talk and babeling the last few months it looks like a 9th season of Stargate SG.1 will happen.And of course there will be a second season of Stargate Atlantis.The ratings of Stargate Atlantis were much higher than those of the still very good and high!! ratings of Stargate SG.1 We are taking a big risk here but after learning about today we can say there is going to be a 9th season of Stargate SG.1 and a second season of Stargate Atlantis.
                      ---
                      Allright I did it.But it wasn't easy.So now you know A 9th Season of Stargate SG.1 and a second of Stargate Atlantis is going to happen How great is that!! Wiieee Juich Party!!! at Gate World

Thanks for your effort _Anubis.
                      Like others I´m not very sure how I feel about this. I love Jack O´Neill, he´s my fave character, and I love the ship. Only 4 eps... if that´s true they better to be very good... I feel a little sad and a little happy cos it means
                      "THREADS" SPOILERS] [HIGHLIGHT BELOW TO READ]

that we´ll have, I hope, more S/J moments as a couple, after all it seems like it will be a S/J resolution at the end of this season. Maybe I´m being a little too optimistic but I can´t avoid it, it´s my shipper mind...
                      Sir, it's just a plant (Wal...ter).

...and you say his name is Pete Shannahan....I see.
                      By the way, do you know his address??

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        Mwuahahahaha!!!!!! No longer being an fervent anti-shipper is just a step in the ship direction. I told you I would convert you! The conversion process is almost complete! Mwuahahahah!

Was that a little over the top?

P.S. Wasn't it great how Jack sniffed Sam's hair in the hallway at the end of season 2?
                        Talking about convertions... I remember perfectly mine.
                        When I watched seasons 1 and 2 I said to myself all the time "Nothing can happen between those two, they´re in the military so put that idea out of your head".
                        But then I saw that wonderful hug in "Into the Fire". My sister and I looked at eachother and I think both of us thought at the same time "What´s going on with these two??"
                        so.. since then I´m a big shipper.
                        The end.

Comment

I just do not see the point of having a Season 9 if RDA is only in 4 episodes.I like Daniel Teal'c and Sam but IMO those characters are just not as good without Jack.I really think Sam and Jack will get together but if Jack is only in 4 eps in Season 9 we are not going to get to enjoy Seeing Sam and Jack in a Relationship.We get very little Ship in a full Season how much can we get in 4 episodes? I will probably watch just the 4 episodes Jack is in and forget the rest.I did the same thing in the X-files when Mulder left.TPTB of these TV shows never learn.They do not know when to end a show.I would love to see SG-1 miniseries or Movies but I really feel SG-1 time as a weekly series is done.It going to be really difficult to enjoy the rest of Season 8 knowing we have very little Jack left in Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for s7 and s8 (chimera, covenant, and pete character discussed)

Rant time! *hide your children! run, save yourselves!*

I just finished watching Covenant, and there were two times that Alec Colson was refered to as a 'security risk'. My immediate thought was, why wasn't super sleuth boyfriend Pete Shanahan tagged a security risk too? He dug into something (someone) he wasn't supposed to. How can his actions be rewarded? The main reason they told Alec everything was to shut him up. Was that why they told PS too - so he'd stop digging? And if the answer is yes, he didn't deserve it! He also didn't deserve to hold onto a woman like Sam Carter! *takes deep breaths* .... *takes some more* Okay, I'm done.

Sally
                            I agree with you.
                            Personally I don´t hate Pete Sanaghan but I do hate what the writers did at the end of the ep.
                            AFFINITY SPOILERS [HIGHLIGHT BELOW TO READ]
                            They shouldn´t had told him anything about the SGC.

And about Sam and Pete´s relationship... I can understand why he fell in love with Sam, she´s a wonderful woman (as AT is ) but what I´ll never be able to understand is having such a man like Jack O´Neill in your life you decide being with .... I´ll call him by his name, Pete.

Comment

Okay, this proves it... Mei Mei has no life outside of her computer! I have discovered a new way to multitask!! I have my computer reading my fic back to me instead of re-reading it to proof it... Which means that I can sneak over to see what is going on over on the Shipper Thread while listening to my fic!!!

Now, if I can just figure out how to get it to read the Shipper Thread to me while I am writing my fic!!

*giggle* *Mei Mei reaches for Ship Nana's "special" happy pill cookies!*

Mei Mei does the Snoopy dance!
                              It's a side effect of the happy pill cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                                Please let me know if this is the wrong place to go (I can't fathom most of the shipper threads)

I've just been watching The Light. Now, anyone who knows me well (or even not well) knows that my Freeze Frame Moment from that is right after Jack schlepps Daniel through the gate and lies him down.

But for some strange reason (Gruesome related most likely) I watched the very beginning (pre credits) three times. That whole Jack/Daniel bet about Sam... When Sam first turns away from Jack to go to the gateroom he smiles after her. And I think...

it almost sticks in my throat to say this...

that it's not just a friendly smile. There is more to it than that.

Help help... ship appears to be sucking me in. Because I've watched 2 more eps since then and I'm finding myself looking out for ship...

Like I said: apologies if this isn't the place, please let me know and I'll move this.

*sits down shocked*

*sits down shocked as well*

Major Clanger? Are you feeling okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X