Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized that I didn't answer my own questions. DOH!

Favorite Ship Show: My favorite has always been Solitudes

Favorite Ship Scene The scene in Beneath the Surface when she puts her head on his shoulder. *sigh*

Favorite Ship Dialogue: Sam: "uh....sir?" Jack:"It's my sidearm, I swear!"

Favorite Ship Look: Oh man, HAS to be that flashback look revealed in Divide and Conquer. He is in anguish that he can't get to her, and she is in agony that he won't leave without her. AWWWW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
      Favorite Ship Dialogue: Sam: "uh....sir?" Jack:"It's my sidearm, I swear!"

Oooh! Which episode is that from again? Solitudes? I can't remember. It's classic though. I want to go watch it again, hehe

~~Close To Crazy~~
      Psychotic Kitten
      'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Originally posted by Blaise
        Oooh! Which episode is that from again? Solitudes? I can't remember. It's classic though. I want to go watch it again, hehe
        Yep, Solitudes! That line kills me everytime!

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
          i would like to finish the break with this episode.
          We only have a 2 week break though don't we?

wynterxx
          So It looks like youse guys are gonna be at the very least 2 weeks ahead of us in the states. Hmmmmm-verrrrrrry interesting-but...

rosemary
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

THE POLLS ARE OPEN, VOTE NOW

Well, the one poll is open anyway. After all the bruhaha, we're putting it to the vote. What would you like to have happen? The majority will rule, so please place your vote now.

To keep this thread free of too much more off topic stuff, the poll is in the other thread.

Want to vote?

Note: don't worry about the poll being open to any abuse - the mods have the power to see who is voting, people can only vote once, and we will be checking that nothing untoward goes on
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahava

For this rep point we believe it to be totally justified. Several people made post following this one, stating that they were left out. We know it was not done intentionally and did not imply that it was. We do however think feel that a post like this one is exactly what shuns the newbies or people who don’t post often. A list like this one really makes it seem like there is a click and unless your in it, your really not part of the thread, which gives others a feeling that there post are not wanted in this thread. It is our opinion and we have the right to that opinion and to let you know we believe it discourages posters. We also do not believe we were in any way rude to you about it, but merely told you we thought everyone should be included and since that was not possible, maybe didn’t contribute to that thread in a positive way. Therefore we do not believe it was fare of you to use such harsh words. Again we have the right to an opinion.

Don't forget that allot of people are very shy and it takes allot for them to even come in and post. Expecting them to just assume they are welcome or ask that there names be added might be expecting more than you, not everyone is open. They still deserve to be here for the same reason you are and that is the love for Stargate and ship and to support this web sight.
              I have PM those who asked me to and have suggested to the other newbies to do the same. Although it is our right to be able to contribute to your reputation, we are sorry for the hostility that it caused. A reputation is suppose to be based on how you contribute to that thread.
              First off, it is rude to talk in the third person. I believe everyone has the ability to speak for themselves here. It is also impossible for every post to be responded to. So if someone did not get a response they could post again and ask for a response. I don't know why everyone expects a comment on everything they say.

We try and mention everyone's name and welcome them to the thread. Sometimes I don't have time to read every post and I jump to the most recent pages and I'm sure other people do as well. It is then up to the newbie to jump in. I am sorry if someone is shy but I feel we don't do anything that inhibits their contributing to this discussion just because we post a lot and since we know each other we talk to each other. We were all newbies at one time and you just have to jump in and take part if you want to be included. And to be blunt there is no rule that says that we have to respond to anyone when they post or even welcome them. But we are all nice people and wanted to include everyone. We even have some non-shippers here who post regularly and who feel very comfortable here.

I was making the list at the request of the members of this thread in order for it to be posted on a FAQ on the shipper thread. That was so people could go there and see the names of people who participate here, what shipper town and shipper cookies are etc. I was only posting it in the thread so that people could be included if they wanted to before it was posted in the FAQ. And giving me a bad rep point for making the list is just ridiculous.

And you know what else? Just like Mala I am getting disgusted with this argument. Instead of jumping in and having fun you do nothing but critisize and complain. The cookies, shipper pepper, penguins, shipper town and such are just good fun and if you can't see that then I'm very sorry for you.

I am over this, done with this and I won't discuss it anymore! Ding away!!
              Ship Nana

Comment

The poll is up on the "Very cool place to be" thread. Go vote!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  And you know what else? Just like Mala I am getting disgusted with this argument. Instead of jumping in and having fun you do nothing but critisize and complain. The cookies, shipper pepper, penguins, shipper town and such are just good fun and if you can't see that then I'm very sorry for you.
                  Go vote, Ship Nana!! I miss the fun stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                    THE POLLS ARE OPEN, VOTE NOW

Well, the one poll is open anyway. After all the bruhaha, we're putting it to the vote. What would you like to have happen? The majority will rule, so please place your vote now.

To keep this thread free of too much more off topic stuff, the poll is in the other thread.

Want to vote?

Note: don't worry about the poll being open to any abuse - the mods have the power to see who is voting, people can only vote once, and we will be checking that nothing untoward goes on
                    Oops forgot to mention that the poll will be open for two days to give everyone a chance to vote.
                    sigpic

Comment

OT

Astro!!!!

Clear your inbox so I can PM you!!!!!!!!

Back to shipping!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        OT

Astro!!!!

Clear your inbox so I can PM you!!!!!!!!

Back to shipping!
                        Hi SueKay! Where is everyone this morning?

Comment

Hey *waves*

sueKay i really like the addition to you sig, it says everything

United we Stand, Divided we Fall
                          Keep the Family together!!!!

Leanne

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
                          honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by ahava
                            Let me start by stating that I am one of the three NEWBIES who has been giving out gray rep points. I also want to be clear that NOT all off the gray rep points given yesterday were negative, we gave out allot of positive ones too. <snip>
                            K, I'm snipping you for brevity but I read everything you posted and I think that you do have a valid point. That said, I'd like to reply. I'm not sure how long you've been lurking so I will make no assumptions as to what you have and haven't read. This group of shippers has in the past been the victim of certain people who DID come over to stir up trouble. First it was drive-by posts and when the mods stopped that, they moved to the rep system. So they have been burned before and I think it's understandable if they are wary. If you have been to other forums, you know that shippers aren't welcome very many places to begin with and so when they find a safehaven (like GW) that will allow them to ship in peace, they stay there.

As for your accusation of misuse of the rep system, I can see where you are coming from but keep in mind that this group has always been about positive feedback. I think I can safely say (being one of the old-timers you're speaking of) that most of this group doesn't go around giving negative rep to people that disagree, they just keep it within the thread. There have been a number of complaints about the OT-ness lately so the easiest outlet for positive feedback (we used to do it on thread) seems to be the rep system. What else is it designed for if not to give feedback?

As for not replying to newbies, I reply to the posts that stand out for me. If a newbie writes something that strikes me, then I reply (as I have here). Same goes for the other folks. It would be extremely difficult to reply to every serious post. You are welcomed here because we DO want you to come in and post, not out of some sense of formality. ALL of us were newbies at one time or another and we're all equal here no matter how many posts we have.

And the inside jokes, you'll catch on. There were inside jokes from the very beginning and we all just jumped in and caught on, everyone does. Mel even started a shipper thread FAQ for newbies who want to catch on quicker. If not, I'm sure you could PM anyone and they would be happy to answer you. The inside jokes are what gives this thread personality--it would be a pretty boring discussion if we didn't have anything else to discuss in times like these when there is nothing new to discuss.

I'm truly sorry that you haven't felt welcomed, I'm sure it was not the intention of anyone here to make you feel unwelcome. As for your use of the word "we", do you have knowledge of others who have problems as well or do you simply mean to represent newbies as a whole? If you simply mean to represent a group of which you do not have direct knowledge, please be careful that everyone feels that way. If you represent others, please let them know that they ARE truly welcome here.

K, think I'm done. Welcome to the thread, dive in and have a good time! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through PM, email, or AIM me(click on the little man in the top right corner)!
                            Last edited by marimba26; 27 October 2004, 09:13 AM.
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              Posting (and replying) from the other shipper thread that got shut cut.

spoilers for s7 and s8 (pete discussed)

Wow... you've stated *exactly* how I feel about all of it. The boyfriend issue wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't had done such a bad job with it (and hadn't made us feel like jerks for calling them on it).
                              Oh, I know! If they had just clammed up and gotten rid of the guy quietly (does that sound a mob movie or what? ), I think we would have just chalked him up to the disappearing boyfriends' list and there wouldn't have been all the hubub (to use Siler's word).

<snip>

Spoiler:
                              Oh, I'd love this! Go forward, and see Sam and Jack happy with GRACE their daughter.

Sally
                              Oooh, I love this idea! Reminds me of Sacrifices where they are
                              Spoiler:
                              walking down the hall together and that little girl runs between them. I LOVE the look they give each other--SOOOO shippy!
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                                Hi SueKay! Where is everyone this morning?
                                Hello!

It's late afternoon where I am, but good morning!!

I think they're scurrying between threads at the mo'.

Anyways here's something to cheer you (and everyone else up)

http://sg1intelscotland.bravehost.com/gfa.html

Fan Art by Capt. Rivet and myself!!!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X