X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    *Shifts eyes to the right, and eyes to the left.*

Did not.
    Did too... Even Mei Mei saw that MF called herself a shipper...

Tame, another one bites the dust!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      Mostly, yes. but when people (and not just those who have posted so in this thread) are e-mailing us with worries and complaints we have to take them seriously
      True but when have there NOT been complaints about this thread from people who don't post here. I distinctly remember some folks getting their knickers in a twist because the shippers moved too fast through threads (when they were limited to 1000 posts). Could be same folks, new complaints...just a thought.

<snip>
      So you think Gipsy should have left this one fluffy and created a brand new Serious thread? It was a toss up either way that one or other option would be 'wrong' to some people, but if enough people feel that way, strongly, then it can be an option. Another would be closing this thread entirely and having it spawn two equal-status and complementary S/J threads. I've no doubt you'll let us know what you think appropriate
      Well, I think starting two threads would be creating camps and promoting divisiveness but that's just MHO. We've always been fairly liberal on this thread about OT as long as it was generally related (a la cookies, etc). We're a positive group and we can be pretty fluffly at times and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Creating a new thread for it would serve to exacerbate the problem and strengthen the division in the group.

(this next part isn't for you Madeline, it's for everyone)
      NO ONE should be told to get lost! EVERYONE HERE HAS A VALID OPINION and we should keep that in mind when we're criticizing others for not meeting the standards we set for ourselves. Just my two cents, I'll clam up now!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

MF

STAND TALL AND PROUD!

EMBRACE YOU SHIPPER STATUS!!!!!!!!

Go forth young shipper!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Wow...that was an incredible night I missed....
          I am really sorry I brought up the whole grey dings thing!
          I didn't mean for it to turn out like that!!!

Replicarter, that's an amazing way to start a new thread!!

Major F. - you did say you were a shipper!!

Mala please come back!! It won't be the same without you! (((Mala)))

*Adds self to the shipper family list!! *

Ship Nana
          Lunar
          Caty
          Marimba
          Tame
          Mei Mei
          Kri
          Critter
          LtLisa
          Token
          Auralan
          Melyanna
          Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
          WaterFall
          Ship Sistah
          Bucky
          Michelleb
          KiwGater
          Faith
          Shinrai
          Chevron Seven
          Zoser
          Sam_O_Neill
          ESTELLE
          MALA50
          Gatetrixer
          Dipsofjazz
          Majorsal
          Isis
          Wynter
          Ses110
          cc_mac
          tauripeg
          Mishy Mo
          SueKay
          Rogue
          Sugarshaker
          Getcarter
          Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
          Scottishshipper
          SG1Happy
          Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
          Blueiris
          Samisjacksgal
          Sclairef99
          Gatetime
          Col aga
          Gatewatcher
          Angel of Fire SG1
          Muffo
          Emilee
          Bucky
          Tpe78
          Karibou
          Ali_gater
          Athenaktt
          Elfinwood
          Tauripeg
          Waterfall
          MartoufMarty
          Stargate Barbie
          Starfury
          Sgt.Siler
          Skydiver
          T-Gate
          Pittsburghgirl
          Shipperahoy
          Jafacakes
          Sam Fan
          Yoojoo
          Astrochick
          Seren LLwch (Mal)
          Replicarter
          Shelsfc

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
            Lunar I liked the old thread the way it was. I liked that there was serious stuff on the thread and some fluff. I think there is only so many ways you can say I love Sam and Jack. If that was the case I would have been bored out of my skull.

I think the only reason for the off topicness is that there is nothing new to discuss spoiler wise and in the case of the US no new episodes . Of course people are going to go off topic.
            Exactly! Well said! I'd be bored too if it were all the same thing all the time! That's why I love this group, the discussion is dynamic! There have been days when I would hurry up and do RL stuff so i could get back and see what was going on!
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              (((((((((((((((((((((((((MAL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So good to see you here!!! I'll vouch for her folks--she's DEFINITELY a shipper!
              I'll join you in vouching for MAL,marimba !

She's a true Blue (or Green ) GW "Old-Timer",a J/S Shipper and one of the nicest ,kindest,and pretty darned marvellous people, I've ever known.

One more thing :
              Happy Birthday to you,MAL !!

Don't forget to make a Shippy wish . (As if you'd forget !)
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                How in the hell are we ever going to get a resolution if we can not be content with those who share our goal?

Granted every one is different, every one has some point of view, I will even go as far as to say that Anti-shippers should be included in this speech as well as even they want a resolution, even though it may be different form ours.

The TPTB will not pay attention to a single shipper, one person can not achieve anything on a grand scale but a community and family of over 200 may have a little more swing.
                . ...

United we Stand. Divided we Fall.
                I take your point. But what about the people who want to be united with your desire for S/J and not with your love of cookies ?

I would have thought that the existence of two threads would be a signal to TPTB that the subject is twice as important

But even if that's wrong, are you all really here just to send a message to TPTB? No, I think you (plural) are here to discuss S/J in a manner which you (singulars) each feel happy. And if there are people who want it more serious / intellectual / analytical, or even who just want it less OT, then I can't see that the message TPTB recieve is grounds to deny those shippers what they want from GW.

There isn't a single thread outside of the Offworld zone - and possibly not even there - that's allowed to veer all over the place like this one is. I think the reasons for our inconsistent standards are clear. But it bugs the heck out of other posters in other threads when those other threads go off-topic. I feel like by preventing the creation of a second thread we'd be discriminating against shippers, since no other 'group' on GW has to contend with unwanted OTness. And the shippers who *don't* want OT-ness *do* count, even if they are fewer in number.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  Wow...that was an incredible night I missed....
                  I am really sorry I brought up the whole grey dings thing!
                  I didn't mean for it to turn out like that!!!

Replicarter, that's an amazing way to start a new thread!!

Major F. - you did say you were a shipper!!

Mala please come back!! It won't be the same without you! (((Mala)))

Shelsfc, QUICK! post again! I can't stand the number you are on!!!

Comment

Shipper Family

Ship Nana
                    Lunar
                    Caty
                    Marimba
                    Tame
                    Mei Mei
                    Kri
                    Critter
                    LtLisa
                    Token
                    Auralan
                    Melyanna
                    Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                    WaterFall
                    Ship Sistah
                    Bucky
                    Michelleb
                    KiwGater
                    Faith
                    Shinrai
                    Chevron Seven
                    Zoser
                    Sam_O_Neill
                    ESTELLE
                    MALA50
                    Gatetrixer
                    Dipsofjazz
                    Majorsal
                    Isis
                    Wynter
                    Ses110
                    cc_mac
                    tauripeg
                    Mishy Mo
                    SueKay
                    Rogue
                    Sugarshaker
                    Getcarter
                    Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    Scottishshipper
                    SG1Happy
                    Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                    Blueiris
                    Samisjacksgal
                    Sclairef99
                    Gatetime
                    Col aga
                    Gatewatcher
                    Angel of Fire SG1
                    Muffo
                    Emilee
                    Bucky
                    Tpe78
                    Karibou
                    Ali_gater
                    Athenaktt
                    Elfinwood
                    Tauripeg
                    Waterfall
                    MartoufMarty
                    Stargate Barbie
                    Starfury
                    Sgt.Siler
                    Skydiver
                    T-Gate
                    Pittsburghgirl
                    Shipperahoy
                    Jafacakes
                    Sam Fan
                    Yoojoo
                    Astrochick
                    Seren LLwch (Mal)
                    Capt. Rivet

I know I don't post much... but I'm still a Shipper

Comment

Gosh, am I gonna have to make a vid to go cheer everyone up?
                      yes!!!

Comment

quick note - NO ONE IS GOING TO END THE EXISTENCE OF THE SHIPPER THREAD IN THE FORM THAT IT HAS ALWAYS EXISTED. iT WILL STILL EXIST IN THE SAME FORM. WE JUST WANT TO SUPPLEMENT IT WITH SOMETHING THAT WILL SUIT SOME OF THOSE WHO AREN'T HAPPY HERE.

sO PLEASE DON'T FEEL THREATENED. EVEN IF I HAVE TYPED THIS WHOLE THING IN CAPITALS BY ACCIDENT, AND AM TOO LAZY TO CORRECT IT.

Madeleine

Comment

Exactly! Well said! I'd be bored too if it were all the same thing all the time! That's why I love this group, the discussion is dynamic! There have been days when I would hurry up and do RL stuff so i could get back and see what was going on!
                          Ditto

I love this forum BECAUSE of this thread. There is such a mix of people from all over the world. We've been brought together by our love for our fave ship couple. The diversity of points of view and speculation is truely astonishing, and gives you something to think about.

And OT posting for the most part is a welcome relief to the stresses of real life.

I agree that there is a limit to the amount of Sam and Jack related things we can say IMHO, and if it wasn't for OT, I -again MO- don't think this thread would be so popular without it.

Things will calm down and go back to normal, so just hang tight!!!

Everyone - feel free to nab the quote from the top of my sig!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Now that's a theory of Meobius that I like. Speculation...
                            Spoiler:
                            With that theory in mind, it's possible that Sam and Jack have been together all along, we just haven't seen it
                            Hubs and I were talking about the fanfic take on this angle this morning, ironic that it shows up on thread when I log on today. I've been reading a lot of fanfic lately, can ya tell?
                            Oh! That's what I said when I read your spoiler/spec. I think I've been reading too much of this thread cause I understood how that could be. It's a great speculation. I could go along with that for the episode. But a lot of people would be disappointed that they missed actually seeing stuff.
                            "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                            "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                            Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                            Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                            Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                            (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Everyone - feel free to nab the quote from the top of my sig!
                              I did, thanks! lol

Comment

I think that everyone needs to just take a deep breathe and relax a wee bit. Nobody is dividing the shipper community or insisting that people post only on one thread or the other this simply gives people more options. I know some people have posted that they felt that this matter was resolved and that this just further upsets things but the fact is it was only resolved for some. There were still people who were extremely unhappy with the way things were going and this is an attempt to help. As Gipsy has said this is not set in stone but we should at least try to give it a chance.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X