Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering if anybody else noticed any other missed ship opportunities? Here's one:

That scene in "Between Two Fires" where Jack and Teal'c have to hold hands to walk thru that wall? That scene could've been much more shippy if it was SAM and Jack that had to walk thru that wall. That would mean SAM and Jack would've been holding hands. LOL! Wonder who would let go first? Maybe they'd just stay like that for the rest of the ep. They can say that that device magnetized their hands together!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      ((((((((trish))))))))))

I think marimba's in the wrong thread! Tell her to slide down this handy dandy chute here into the thunk thread! and use he handy dandy ladder to climb back into the shipper thread!
      *raises eyebrow*

Is there a rule against thunking in the Ship thread?

Cause if so... I'm a repeat offender... lock me up... *holds out wrists* but only if Jack has the key to the cuffs....

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I don't mean to sound rude (mainly in regards to DDL), but I thought that they just gave DDL the job. I didn't even realize that they even THOUGHT of holding auditions of any sort.

I mean, it's never stopped them before. *shrugs* Whateva...

Mike DeLuise played a good "Joey Tribianni"-like character in "Wormhole X-Treme," and Dom DeLuise was AWESOME, so I kinda guessed that they wouldn't have any qualms about giving the role to him... Hmm...

Other actors turned the role down before -
        "PDL *called* his brother the night before and said I think they will be calling you "...According to DDL in his GW interview
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
          Hey, Marimba, Tame, Mala....

*Everyone huddles up*

I think that Miss Madeleine has spies... She's nowhere to be found... What do we do now??

*whispering, whispering, whispering....*

Oh, look, footprints... We'll convert that rascally Madeleine to S/J Ship yet!!

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOO

we may convert her...BUT we are gonna have to play nice about Pete then too
          She does like Pete too............so we may have to compromise........Didn't Mala have a Girl for Pete in one of her pictures??????
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by abydosorphan
            Well, if certain spoilers are true and
            Spoiler:
            Sam sees Kerry coming out of Jack's house or the two of them together...

Not sure about you, but seeing that would sure have a reaction on me. You know that heart in your throat, OMG feeling like everything that you've been trying to deny is right there in front of you and now you have no choice but to see it and out of no where it feels like your heart is breaking kind of feeling....
            Ouch. That would definitely hurt Sam... of course, she's the one getting married, and Jack has no clue about how she feels about him, but really, he must have some idea by now, right? Eight years is long enough! Most ships would have gotten together and broken up at least a dozen times by now... but I guess that's why I like S/J
            Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              we may convert her...
              I think she's making a mighty effort to resist conversion....

... Besides I don't think the Shipper Community can play nice about Pete ....

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                Well when the time comes for Jack and Sam to finally have the conversation, I hope its between Jack and Sam and not General O'Neill and Col. Carter. I hope she finally stands up to him instead of backing down because he doesn't want to talk. He has always had the upper hand in their relationship because of his rank. If she says "I'm sorry Sir" to him one more time, I think I will scream.
                Hear, hear!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  I was wondering if anybody else noticed any other missed ship opportunities? Here's one:

That scene in "Between Two Fires" where Jack and Teal'c have to hold hands to walk thru that wall? That scene could've been much more shippy if it was SAM and Jack that had to walk thru that wall. That would mean SAM and Jack would've been holding hands. LOL! Wonder who would let go first? Maybe they'd just stay like that for the rest of the ep. They can say that that device magnetized their hands together!
                  Oh, I can SO see that scene, MG.

I can see the two of the walking through the wall, coming out the other side, and standing there for a few moments. Just kind of standing there. Then I can see both of them kinda looking down, as if just realizing that they were holding hands. They'd make brief eye contact and then, jumping slightly almost as though they were afraid of getting 'caught' they would seperate.

Sam would probably look away, grinning slightly, maybe a little rose color coming to her cheeks.

Jack would whipe his hand on his shirt, look away a bit, and grin.

Then they would both go back to business as usual....

*shippy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    <snip>Well I feel like I can separate the actor and the character pretty well. I used to only be bothered by the character but since DDL has been mouthing off quite a bit, I am now bothered by him too! In fact, I am now MORE bothered by the actor than the character! I refuse to read the latest interview because I determined with the last interview that he is arrogant to put it mildly! And quite frankly, he doesn't have the talent to carry off that arrogant attitude! In fact, if he wants more work, he can go get beaten up on Las Vegas ANY TIME HE WANTS! I don't watch that show but I might start if he gets walloped every week!!! THAT would be worth watching! I think he could play a punching bag very nicely!

As for Pete, well I think my feelings about him have never been ambivalent but the sooner he's gone the better. I don't think I've ever felt quite this strongly about it but I do now! By hook or by crook, I WANT PETE GONE!!!!!!!

Okay, rant done I think!
                    Just my 2 cents worth...
                    I read over the article (which appears to have been done in 6/04?) & (assuming I read the same one everyone else did) I didn't see anything in the interview that wasn't any different than anything else we've read DDL say since this past spring. It was basically a repeat the same things he'd said in an interview in the spring... he'd like continued employment, preferably with Atlantis (since SG definitely has a limited shelf life now...) and that he was filming from several different scripts/eps. While I'd hope he'd know which scripts/eps he'd be in, I can hardly blame him for not knowing as a second tier guest star only in for certain scenes, especially when some of the leads (CJ in one of the articles we had a link here to in the past month or so kept asking AT what ep titles were because he couldn't keep them straight) can't keep them straight.

I guess I can piss my Shipper Family off now... but please remember the most of these mags & Forums & websites are the ones that are approaching them (the actors) for sound bites & snippets to fill their pages during the slower down times... if someone puts a mike in front of them or a list of questions... of course they're going to give an answer & depending on how much they're in "know" or how much they've been told not to say... it's going to affect what we see... not to mention the biases and editing of the writer/interviewer. The actor delivers the lines usually... not thinks them up.

This isn't a defense of him or the character... I guess I'm just saying be open to the context & where he may have been in his life when he was asked those questions...

And I guess what I'm saying is that Pete is no threat.

None whatsoever.

Especially not from reading this article...

Just my little rant of an opinion this evening....
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by abydosorphan
                      Heehee, I can SO see him saying that too.
                      Well, it was originally a blond joke that my dad sent to me. It totally cracked me up and I say the Helloooo line to him every time I see him now.
                      Since both Sam and Pete are blonds, I thought it fit. But, we all know Sam is not a ditzy blond. (This coming from a ditzy brunette).

And thank you to all who have sent welcome messages. If I was more adept at getting around in here and had triple the amount of time in a day, I'd be able to find all those posts and quote them. However, that's not happening.
                      *hugs*
                      Carter: "You know, you really will like me when you get to know me."
                      O'Neill: "Oh, I adore you already, Captain."
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1_Transcripts/

Comment

Originally posted by Chlex
                        Ouch. That would definitely hurt Sam... of course, she's the one getting married, and Jack has no clue about how she feels about him, but really, he must have some idea by now, right? Eight years is long enough! Most ships would have gotten together and broken up at least a dozen times by now... but I guess that's why I like S/J
                        Chlex,

We can HOPE that she would have an idea. Though maybe for all of the wonderful knowledge that she has this is the one aspect of her life (relationahips in general, NOT Jack) where the 'dumb blonde' persona that McKay liked to remark on comes out.

Each person has their thing... maybe relationships just aren't hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          I think she's making a mighty effort to resist conversion....

... Besides I don't think the Shipper Community can play nice about Pete ....

Now MF... not all of us want to hogtie & get rid of Pete.

Send him to Atlantis... maybe.
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            Send him to Atlantis... maybe.
                            ohhh another galaxy... well, Jack did manage to get Rodney away from Sam...

Comment

Having the on-line radio on & turned up to be on the PC & avoid hearing the blanking heavy metal band practicing next door in their unsoundproofed lawnmower shed (GRRRRR...)... just had opportunity to hear Bryan Adam's song again... and immediately thought of S/J (more fitting for them than Robin Hood /Maid Marian! )

(Everything I Do) I Do It For You.............Bryan Adams

Look into my eyes - you will see
                              What you mean to me
                              Search your heart - search your soul
                              And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
                              You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
                              You know it's true
                              Everything I do - I do it for you

Look into my heart - you will find
                              There's nothin' there to hide
                              Take me as I am - take my life
                              I would give it all - I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
                              I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
                              Ya know it's true

There's no love - like your love
                              And no other - could give more love
                              There's nowhere - unless you're there
                              All the time - all the way

Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
                              I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
                              I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
                              Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you

Ya know it's true

Comment

Originally posted by Sarae64
                                Well, it was originally a blond joke that my dad sent to me. It totally cracked me up and I say the Helloooo line to him every time I see him now.
                                Since both Sam and Pete are blonds, I thought it fit. But, we all know Sam is not a ditzy blond. (This coming from a ditzy brunette).
                                Heehee, you're so NOT a ditzy brunette. I know you better than that

and I don't think Pete is really a 'dumb' blonde either.... but, well, he's not the brightest crayon in the box either.

Comment

Working...
                                X