X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    Haven't met Shadow have you?
    ahhh no we keep MG sheltered.... We do not let him go play in other threads
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      ((mel)))) Thank you...once a year I get to be funny
      You mean YOU had something to do with Frankenfish?

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
        Like good old Mae West. She said once she was Snow White,but she drifted !
        HA HA ..hee hee ho ho....yup thats our Mei Mei......or should I say Mae Mae.....
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

HEY TAME!!!
          what shall we call this mission?
          Operation "do it right" or how about Operation "fix the ship" or....or Operation "where ya smoking crack while writing or something" no, no, that one is to long. How about Operation "penguin scheme" I dunno? I suck at naming things! Somebody else name it FCOL!!

But i will bring the doughnuts!!
          Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
          -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickatell
            I sometimes feel that we are being a little hard on Sam (or the Sam that TPTB have given us). Remember just because she is a genius with the technobabble and the scientific equations does not mean that she is going to be a genius with relationships.
            The feelings that she is feeling for Jack have her spinning and I think that she wants to act on them but she can't. As we have all said a million times an adult conversation is the way to go, but communication in her family is not really their strong suit, she was taught to be a strong soldier and that is what she is. Now, though, her feelings for Jack are starting to creep into her strong soldier life and she doesn't know what to do about them. On top of all of that she is in love with a man who feels unworthy of her affection, guilty over his sons death and the demise of his first marriage, and he is a strong clamed up soldier and you have a girl with a problem.
            As far as Pete is concerned, although I truly dislike him (again not because he is DDL but the way that the writers through him at us and......) because he does represent a thorn in the relationship, but as far as Sam is concerned he eases the ache that she is feeling over Jack. So the whole time that she is with Pete I think in her mind she is really seeing what she could have with Jack, by that I mean the hand holding, dancing, and kissing in public, the actually dating. I really don't think that she is using her mind at this point for seeing Pete for who he really is or what he is doing, that is why she is so shocked, with the ring, the house, etc. So Pete is actually getting away with what he is because Sam is not really invested in that relationship she is living with Jack through the experiences she is having with Pete. That to me can be the only reason that she is unconciously letting this relationship with Pete continue.
            Interesting thoughts Nickatell. I think I agree with you that Sam's not totally invested in the relationship. IMHO, I think she's trying d*&^ hard to be invested in it, but I don't think her heart is 100% in it... for obvious reasons.... (J-A-C-K )
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

spoilers for s8 (pete character discussed)

Originally posted by Catysg1

I don't think she 's gonna dump him ..It will be done for her when they go back in time and may think they'll never return ...and by the time they return .....Pete will be long gone from Sam's mind ..cuz she would have then started a relationship with Jack ...You can't be faithful to someone that you may think is lost forever (specially if she does not really love the one left behind)hey....or in that case her ...if she thinks they are stranded back in 1997 and I doubt she wants to meet Pete in his early 20's in 1997(he may still be playing with his little plastic soldiers)!!! First they probably want to hide from their selves and other normal people they know ..They may go and see Janet though!!!!

Don't you think it's the easy way out ????on the other r hand ....would be bad for Pete and his future Atlantis role because he wouldn't have had the chance to let her go with the one she truly loves ..because he won't know about her feelings for Jack ..unless someone else tells him ..and he says" Well at least , she is with the one she loves " smiles and goes .He may re-deem his character then ....I'd love to see a smart Pete so that he can go and play in Atlantis if he wants to and DD would have a good job then

Caty
              I 'do' feel it would be the easy way out. But, it would just be another example of not addressing an issue (Can a person have a relationship with someone and have to keep secrets, and PS's behavior, both in Chimera) . I, myself, would feel cheated by not seeing Sam come to terms with her doubts about PS and her feelings about Jack. I hope the decisions don't get erased, literally, with time travel.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                You mean YOU had something to do with Frankenfish?

Hey now!!!! No making fun of the Fish!! Its gonna win the Emmy, just you wait and see!!
                Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
                -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                  Oops,I forgot to explain myself ! (Arg.I'm hopeless ! )
                  I'm Edinburgh-born,but brought up in Caithness . (Still have some family and friends in both areas.)
                  I've lived in England (Essex)for a long time now,and I haven't been to Scotland for years !
                  I get rather home-sick sometimes,but I'll just have to be patient,as money's rather tight,and wait til Christmas .(Fingers X'd !)

*Sigh* I'd love to go to that Wolf event,as I'd be thrilled to meet Teryl and meet as many Gaters as possible,including you,Sue,but I'm skint.
                  Too many bills,at the moment,and too many Gatelet needs,......I hope you get a chance to get Teryl's POV on the Ship issues ,though !

I never get "jealous" per se, I just settle for reading and enjoying Con reports.
                  (You lucky lucky lady ! )
                  I'm a good ol' American boy! Born and raised in the USA! But I do love old Celtic culture!!

*abandons staff and zat for traditional celtic warrior sword and Welsh longbow and that good ol' fashioned chain mail, all forged from trinium *

*has Braveheart moment*

FREEDOM!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoojoo
                    Hey now!!!! No making fun of the Fish!! Its gonna win the Emmy, just you wait and see!!
                    I'm certain it will! Along with it's sequal. The Diary of Anne Frankenfish.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Ok here is the plan.......you get the car.....someone else get the paint
                      I have the HUGE piece of plywood.

swing by pick everyone up and we off to Bridge studios...........if we hurry we may get there in time to see them...................drive away
                      darn it...aren't they done filming SG1????

Ok NEW PLAN!!! all of the above BUT we go to RCC's HOUSE we CUT UP the plywood into signs and we march out front in a circle chanting "Save a Penguin-Make Sam & Jack Kiss"
                      RCC will be SO CONFUSED he will come out and ask what the HECK penguins have to do with Sam & Jack that we can explain The report given by Melyanna and the Plight of the penguins and all that and we can explain how they are going to be sacrificing themselves soon as *Tuxedo Rockets*

Ok so anyway RCC will be DESPERATE to SHUT US UP and want us to leave that he will promise us ANYTHING at this point and then we spring all of our GREAT IDEAS on him

See simple call me when you are on the road

All Right!!!!!!!!!

ROAD TRIP EVERYONE!!!!

I'll grab the YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES!!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

IMO, they are not really moving forward b/c i think that "Adult Conversation" everyone thinks they should have is really scary to them. Alot scarier then all the bad guys they have faced, b/c they are gonna be really putting alot on the line. They are gonna have to make themselves vulnerable to potential heartache again and i would venture a guess that that would scare any normal human being.
                        It would be scary... and for two people who have kept their emotions so tightly compartmentalized for so many years to avoid having their hearts stomped on & hurt... fighting an alien enemy is so much easier than 'fessing up to feelings and definitely easier than having to make a decision about where to take the relationship & its impact on their careers...
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          Hopefully they can find some way around that. It's reasonable to assume that Sam is uncomfortable because Pete is moving their relationship so fast, not to mention her own feelings for Jack It's also reasonable to assume that Pete is having a difficult time adjusting to the reality of Sam's job, and may begin to question whether or not he can really deal with it.

If they both decide not to go through with it then it won't look bad on either of them, it will just be two people who come to realise that if they do continue this relationship, they will both be unhappy. And so there is a mutual agreement to end it now while it can still be amicable, before it breaks down and everyone involved gets hurt.
                          It would be nice for everyone involved if they were to write it that way. I just have a bad feeling after the way they wrote Chimera that, if the S/P ship ends, it's not likely to be so mutually amicable.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            I'm a good ol' American boy! Born and raised in the USA! But I do love old Celtic culture!!

*abandons staff and zat for traditional celtic warrior sword and Welsh longbow and that good ol' fashioned chain mail, all forged from trinium *

*has Braveheart moment*

FREEDOM!!!!
                            LMAO !! That's the spirit (but a kilt makes for some "shrinkage",so I'd recommend plaid trews ,if you know what I mean ! )

I like my creature comforts,so :

*Dons a nice warm cardigan,Parka and fluffy boots*
                            *Remembers the cosy pyjamas and baggy jeans *
                            *Quick re-arrangement so no-one thinks I'm an escapee from a padded cell ward*(Think Rupert the Bear,crossed with Daniel in Legacy...it may help !)

OK ,ready,...waddles to join the Road Trip .

*Stops to recage that Penguin thing !*
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Once again I see the need for a SHIPPER DRILL In order to prevent the dreaded

SHIPPER SYNDROME

from happening when our SHIP comes in!!!!

SHIPPER DRILL!!!

THIS IS JUST A DRILL!!

(courtesy of Mala)

Ok, everyone breeeeathe!!!! I said BREATHE!!!! Very good!!!!

This completes our SHIPPER DRILL!!!

smelling salts courtesy of tpe
                              Ship Nana

Comment

HEY TAME!!!
                                what shall we call this mission?
                                Operation "do it right" or how about Operation "fix the ship" or....or Operation "where ya smoking crack while writing or something" no, no, that one is to long. How about Operation "penguin scheme" I dunno? I suck at naming things! Somebody else name it FCOL!!

But i will bring the doughnuts!!
                                EGADS!!! I suck at naming missions too.... Heck I came up with the mission I will leave to others quite a bit smarter than I to name it

I have written fluffy posts....serious posts ...teared up....and had to find stilletto heels.....I am worn out

Sam & Jack have run me ragged tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X