• Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd share this with my fellow shippers. *ducks*

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/pop...9.exclude.html

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.siler

ROFL!!! I'm laughing so hard my tummy hurts! *falls out of her chair in hysterics*
      Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
        I have a song for the vid makers: 'Dare you to Move' by Switchfoot

off to Tampa...may only lurk until I get back!

(((shipper family)))
        They've been playing "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot a lot here on many different stations... reminds me of S&J especially the bolded lines....

Fumbling his confidence
        And wond'ring why the world has passed him by
        Hoping that he's bid for more than arguments,
        And failed attempts to fly, fly

We were meant to live for so much more
        Have we lost ourselves?
        Somewhere we live inside
        Somewhere we live inside
        Have we lost ourselves?
        Somewhere we live inside

Dreaming about Providence
        And whether mice or men have second tries
        Maybe we've been livin with our eyes half open
        Maybe we're bent and broken, broken

Have we lost ourselves?
        Somewhere we live inside
        Somewhere we live inside
        Have we lost ourselves?
        Somewhere we live inside

We want more than this world's got to offer
        We want more than this world's got to offer
        We want more than the wars of our fathers
        And everything inside screams for second life

Have we lost ourselves?
        Have we lost ourselves?
        Have we lost ourselves?
        We were meant to live
        We were meant to live
        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 01 October 2004, 06:24 PM.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.siler

Well, I think they're LOVELY! They'd make a perfect wedding present!
          Spoiler:
          I wonder where Sam and P are registered??
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
            Well, I think they're LOVELY! They'd make a perfect wedding present!
            Spoiler:
            I wonder where Sam and P are registered??
            ROFLMAO

As someone who's been engaged... OMG... I think I'll just die laughing now.

Comment

You're welcome! How are you feeling, btw? (was that too OT??) Oh I'm sharing today.... because I refuse to be discouraged by the Red Dinger....
              Went back to work... once again something was scheduled that would have been hard to get out of... but I sooooo wanted to be home. Did notice people kind of steered clear of me when I coughed & talked though..... Neck muscles are killing me this evening... but I popped some ibuprofen & am here in the Forum attempting to ignore it.... thanks for asking.... and totally OT...
              He/she/it picked on the wrong person (people)! Sometimes when I get irked for myself, I withdraw, but if I see others being hurt or upset, I fight back...
              We *have* told you how much we love you lately??
              Does that make sense? It's ok, I'm a just little nutty that way!
              Yup... complete & total sense.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                see, for prometheus unbound
                Spoiler:
                daniel won't be there. he'll be on a ship pretending to be john crichton...so he won't be back on base to get in the way...another piece of proof to me that prometheus unbound will have unsuspected ship
                LOL at those 1st 2 sentences!!!
                And it sounds like a great theory!

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                  Well atleast they know what a stargate is! There's only one person in my office who watches stargate (that I know of). Actually, he's part of the reason I started watching the show. But he works in another room and we don't take breaks together so I don't get the chance to talk about it with him. Besides, he's not a shipper. That is why I spend half my morning in the forum. And will continue to till the boss tells me not to. (ra-hanna turns monitor a little further to keep anyone from seeing it!) Yes it is possible to ship and work at the same time. But problems arise when I try to thunk and work.
                  Don't think anyone in my workplace would... & the way things are there... unfortunately I wouldn't even mention it to them...

But... last week before MomSS's surgery the cute anesthesiologist came to talk to her & he made some statement & said 'for cryin' out loud' which earned him a big long sidelong glance & arched eyebrow from SS... who figured it was better to keep her mouth shut than to ask hmmmm.... now where *exactly* did you pick that up at?

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                    Sally...I couldn't agree with you more!! My family and I are big fans. It was even my dad who introduced me to Stargate. We only discovered Stargate last summer and we just had so much fun as a family buying all the DVD's and getting caught up in the world of Stargate SG-1. So you know when it's starting to go downhill when everyone in my family is just not as excited about it anymore. I really think TPTB messed it up with Pete. Was it because they had run out of stories? Were they that desperate they had to bring him into the story? They definetely took a gamble with Pete and it looks like they are losing. It was even my dad who mentioned to me while we were watching "Chimera" and then later on to "Affinity" he said, "What is this? Is Stargate a soap opera now? Where's the action? Where's Colonol O'Neill? And who the heck is Pete"
                    These past two seasons have just gone downhill in my opinion. I admit there have been awesome episodes for example Heroes 1 and 2. Lost City 1 and 2. Death knell, Sacrifices. But it's pretty sad that we have to name the episodes that were good instead of the seasons... I don't know. I guess I'm just sad. I'm sad for my family. We just had so much fun with Stargate and I don't know...I just don't think I will feel the same if it doesn't have a good ending. I guess I just don't want to be disappointed. I honestly think I will cry if Sam and Jack don't end up together. It's just not right!
                    All I'm asking is just to end it with a great action-packed story with lots of team dynamic and with S/J moments in between and a resolution to their relationship...(meaning they better be smooching before the credits rolling!) Personally I don't want a season 9 if RDA isn't in it. I've said it many times before...Stargate is just not Stargate without RDA. He's my favorite character and it just won't be the same without him. Sure TPTB can try to make it without him if there is a season 9. But why not just wrap up 8 great years on a good note instead of trying to make a gamble to "see if it works".

Okay...LOL..I'm rambling. But those are just my thoughts..if they even make sense!

~*~Emilee~*~
                    Great Post Emilee... you're making a lot of sense... and I think you've hit on why so many of us like SG & are worried about what S8 is bringing us & the mirage of an S9.... I especially agree w/the parts I bolded...

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      I won't stop watching ....YIKES no I do love Stargate BUT I will stop giving them my money as well as my time

I can tape the episodes I like just as easily so I will do that if things don't go *OUR* way. I also have no desire to *trash* the show .....I love the show

BUT what MADE ME WILLING TO SPEND MONEY was watching this *Love Story* unfold over the Seasons and feeding the romantic in me.

Buying DVDs is something I do for the ENTERTAINMENT I WANT TO WATCH
                      and I DO NOT want to watch PETE AND SAM NOPE!!!!!!

I want to watch JACK & SAM ...YES!!!!!!!! So I will just tape the episodes that show me what I want

Now if TPTB see fit to give us what we want and WHAT THEY STARTED then they can count on me to get all eight seasons and be glad of it
                      I want what Tame wants!!!

Comment

OK....who stomached New Order Pt. 2 tonight!!!

Well....you know when (spoilers....highlight to read)
                        is there for the whole "fantasy" scene....and he is feeding the horses and is about to tell Sam that she's turned nuts.... Well, my wise 6 year old Golden Retriever Ashby turned right around to the big screen where he took one look at and did his very loudest and most intimidating bark he could muster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubs and I were ROTFLOAO when Ashby stated quite clearly and in no uncertain terms that Sam was NOT TO BE WITH SPUD BOY!!!

Then later after we had regained control and wiped the tears from our eyes from laughing so hard....I heard something very telling for us Shippers.....

Sam asks 5th if he really thought she'd buy the Montana w/ scenerio and Fifth said:
                        "If it was something you wanted badly enough in your mind"

So, he was saying....IMHO....that if Sam wanted to spend her life w/ that she would have chose to stay there right then and there!!!!

So, apparently is not threat to O'Neill - w/2 L's

Happy Sci Fi Friday!!!!

S'Claire

P.S. Apparently after on second viewing of new s8 eps, I have resorted to talking $hip to the TV......

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          Woohooo! 1000 posts!
                          I had to post my 1000th post in the Ship Thread, the place I de-lurked *nostalgic sob*

And for my pressie, all I want is my SHIPPY ENDING! (take note PTB!).

ETA: it has been brought to my attention (THANK YOU NIKKI!) that the above is not entirely all I want...... *cough*
                          so, here is my adjusted pressie list....

All I want is my Shippy Ending..... and RDA..... and MS...... and.... (this could be a long list, I'll get back to you!).
                          A wee bit belated.... but congrats!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            Love your banner abydosorphan..and welcome to the shipper family

Caty

Ditto....love the banner!!!! Where did very top pic at the top of the page come from?

Comment

Congratulations KIWIGATER!!! (hey, I'm almost there myself! )

Oh, I think we'll get a SHIPPY ENDING....and you know where to find some RDA... but for a present here, will this do?

Sam & Jack.....Message in a Bottle
                              *dies*

...okay, brief stint in the sarcophagus. Thanks, Mala. I needed that.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who commented on my Shipper Town report. Maybe I'll do another one sometime. It was awfully fun.

And for those who watched "New Order, Part II" tonight...
                              Spoiler:
                              Was it just me, or did it look like Jack touched Sam's crotch when they found her on the Asgard planet? Yes, my mind is leaning toward gutter tonight, but what can I say.

Mel
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                *dies*

...okay, brief stint in the sarcophagus. Thanks, Mala. I needed that.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who commented on my Shipper Town report. Maybe I'll do another one sometime. It was awfully fun.

And for those who watched "New Order, Part II" tonight...
                                Spoiler:
                                Was it just me, or did it look like Jack touched Sam's crotch when they found her on the Asgard planet? Yes, my mind is leaning toward gutter tonight, but what can I say.

Mel
                                if he didn't......it was awfully close

Comment

Working...
                                X