Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a pugglenugget and what's with those red squares?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica03
      Hi everyone,

Just read the article with RDA's interview. I really hope that they don't leave the decesion up to RCC. Not only did he
      Spoiler:
      write the Sam/Pete proposal crap,
      he also decided to pull the kiss from Lost City Part II. He has made it very clear that he is not a shipper. I really hope that RDA got to decide the end.
      I don't think RCC convinced AT to do the scene from Affinity, from what she said even after he tried to give her the reasoning behind it, she still took "umbridge". I don't think she had a choice, she has a contract. But, it just goes to show what type of person RCC is, that the actress who has made this caracter what she is over the last 7 years, has a problem with the scene and they don't care.
      Welcome, Jamaica and beware the Red Dinger! (Mei Mei proudly shows off her new badge of honor) We shippers aren't giving up yet. A hardy lot we are! Especially since JM is writing the season (series?) finale.

Oh, and my mind went completely into the gutter reading your signature... It's really way too early for me to be thinking things like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        What's a pugglenugget and what's with those red squares?
        I am not sure that I am qualified to answer the pugglenugget question as it has various answers, all of which have had me giggling...

But as to the red squares! LOL! Somebody, that is in dire need of a dictionary and something constructive to do, have been giving out bad reputation points to alot of people in the shipper thread, or on other threads to people that are obviously shippers. We have been having a great laugh about it for the last couple of days!

Our foster mum, Madeleine, has diligently tracked the pugglenugget (Ha! another use for the word!) down and chastised him gently and not so gently, for which we are eternally grateful!

Poor Miss Madeleine will be so relieved when our Ship Mum returns to take over the care and nurturing of all her shiplets!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          i just came up with a new name for the dinger..the Ducking Finger (ummm....swap the inital letters....if you're not easily offended). at least he's amusing us, otherwise we'd be going bonkers over the complete and utter lack of spoilers

hey, mala, you were right, i did get a red block for this! apparently it's inappropiate, so apologies to anybody i offended...but thanks for making up for it, mala.

hey, i just noticed...i'm on double green blocks now...that's scary. i am so not someone you should listen to, or in any way respect....do i have to e grown up and behave now i have double green blocks? scared now....
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            When he was quite chilly in 'Into the Fire' as I recall Sam warmed him up.

hmmm....so jack gets cold, sam warms him up....shippiness ensues. that settles it. moebius must be set on a huge desolate ice planet. jack gets cold, sam cuddles up 'to share body heat', finds herself dropping off to sleep, calling him jack....and he just can't help himself, he has to kiss her. A lot. Just to keep themselves warm

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              I have to give credit where credit is due

With the exception of the two little quotes The BIG picture (poem is mine ) and The Badge of red courage came from our very own SHIPPER FAIRY MALA50 She is the creative GENUIS behind A LOT of stuff you see here on this board!!! in fact I know that some of the pictures I see other poeple using are her work and are a great BASE for some of our posters to build on . Mala has created the Medals we give out. The Shipper Town Map and many of the artwork you see done around here started out as A Mala Picture and then the artist built on that

SO THREE CHEERS FOR MALA!!!!!!

hih hip hooray! hip hip hooray HIP HIP HOORAY for mala!!!!

creative genius shipper extraordinaire!!!

and all this sucking up is leading to....

where do i get that cool red badge of courage thing for my own sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                Looking very forward to seeing screen caps from that Caty. Thanks.

me too, even though i've seen it, you can't really capture the magic of the ship until it's frozen on screen to stare at for hours.

btw..the bloke bending down to put his head on AT's chest? i've checked around, and though the angle's funny, we all agree

It's RDA.

With his head on AT's chest.

In a sweet kind of way, mind you

But still..more physical contact

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                  Here you go:

Grab the graphic and keep it on your web space

Or use mine - here's the link:
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../RedRepSig.jpg
                  could some kind soul please tell me how to put this in my sig so it shows as a picture? that's right, i teach computing, but i can't figure it out for myself <sigh...>

ooh...no wait, i got it, thanks mala, you're a star

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                    hmmm....so jack gets cold, sam warms him up....shippiness ensues. that settles it. moebius must be set on a huge desolate ice planet. jack gets cold, sam cuddles up 'to share body heat', finds herself dropping off to sleep, calling him jack....and he just can't help himself, he has to kiss her. A lot. Just to keep themselves warm
                    Well I'd say at some point the ice SHOULD be melting...
                    Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                    ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      The dinger has now had their rep artificially lowered to the point where any rep they try to give should fail to affect people's points totals. I think it makes them into greys.

That's as far as we can take the action, really. We can't stop them from being able to give greys and attendant comments.

I hope that answer satisfies. If not, tough, it's the only answer you're getting But seriously, I think it's apparrent that more reps have gone *up* than down in this thread, so hopefully No Harm Done.

~~~~~~
                      I've had a couple of comments from newbies about the Rep Points discussion in here. As with other OT nattering, it's something that can make the thread a little intimidating for newbies. S/J is a nice thing for newbie shippers to 'break themselves in' with - you don't need to know other posters or to have been here a long while, you only need to have an opinion on the shippiest scene / moment of truth / future of S/J and post it, and voila, you're part of the discussion. In the last couple of days I've had comments that it's hard to join in cos of all the OT.

The mods tend to be quite variable about OT discussions; in an episode thread we're far stricter than in other threads for instance, and we're pretty laissez faire about OTness in this thread. I really don't want to have a go at anyone for going OT (especially since the mods have, arguably, long been tacitly encouraging OTness here by not modding it), but I would like you to be aware that there are people who'd like to join in and can't cos they feel, I don't know, 'out of the circle' or cos the one or two posts they have made have got lost in a sea of OT. I know you're all nice people and wouldn't want anyone to feel like that. I also know there's no way you'd be doing it on purpose. I'm bowing out now though, It's your thread....
                      Thanks Madeleine for the update. I would sincerely hope that no poster or lurker would feel they couldn’t join in any discussion, especially not one in this thread.

Addressing the point you made about that they may feel their posts got lost in a sea of OffTopicedness… I still feel that way a lot and have the feeling maybe 90% or more of my posts go unresponded to (even with the *squints at post count* 600+ posts I’ve made since May). *Shrugs* But I usually take it in stride, chalking it up to being the nature of it being a big forum & the thread itself the home of at least 150 regular/semi-regular/somewhat regular posters (w/who knows how many lurkers) (HI LURKERS... PLEASE come out & PLAY!).

I know even I can’t respond back to everyone all of the time; guess my hope is that the Family is so big that someone will respond back to the newer posters & usually that’s the case, though real life (RL) sometimes may prohibit us from responding to the new post an hour later, or even a day or so later. And eventually something I do say does get responded to or initiates some more discussion & that's a nice feeling, so I know what they experience... I still think this is one of the most friendly & open Forums & the Shipper Family… well…. I wouldn’t consider anywhere else my home away from RL home.

And thanks Madeleine, for watching out for us (& really all us posters on the Forum), I know we’re a loud noisy unruly handful!
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oh yeah, when I read that he was "deferring to RCC" that made me cringe! I hope that doesn't mean that RCC will come up with some "great" new ideas just like he had
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam say yes to PS! (I still wonder what he said to convince AT to do it!?)
                        Spoiler:
                        Likely the word 'c-o-n-t-r-a-c-t!' But I (in my own uninformed opinion) doubt they'd scripted the expression she delivered to them in response to the proposal either... they likely wanted her to have a big smile w/a 'whoo-hoo! he asked me!' look & it looks like they didn't get that!

Re a BIG, LOOOOONG, SLOOOOW, SERIOUS KISSSSSSSSSSSSS....

I was just thinking that if Sam were to initiate it, I'd like a scene reminiscent of D&C with Freya/Anise and Jack (ok, don't start puking, yet!). I'm talking about how she just bends over and kisses him so hard that he relaxes 'til his feet hit the floor!
                        Oh yes yes yes! (And if I had some photomanip program right now... which I don't yet on the new PC... and screen cap of that... again a nope don't got... then you *KNOW* I'd be messing w/that to insert Sam into the Anise/Freya position! ) (Maybe someday when the FF ever finishes writing itself I'll finish checking out the photomanip programs & get one for the new PC! )
                        So, how about having Jack at his desk and Sam coming in and laying a nice, hot, juicy one on Jack until he melts?
                        So this is like after he's taped some of those piles of reports to his window to the briefing room right? Wouldn't want to cause Walter or Siler, or anyone just innocently wandering into the briefing room to faint!
                        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 30 September 2004, 04:10 AM.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm not gonna post in the next three months because uni is starting again and I wouldn't get any sleep if I try to catch up on and answer all the posts when I get home (which is usually around 9pm this semester*sigh*). I'll still read the digest through my mail; wouldn't cope with being totally out of the loop . It's really hard for me because you guys are all so nice and GW is the best shipper refugee camp I've ever been to. *sniff*

Estelle *hoping that Pete will be history when she comes back, and that there's at least one new Carter-O'Neill*
                          Abu: This is a woman?
                          O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                          O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                          Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                          Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                          Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                          Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Mi opin letr to the Lirker who likes givin those read points:

Pleas keep up teh gud wirk! I luv reeding yur messages. U have given mee many many ours of laffs!

I meen this in all sinsirity! I am not being dreagatory at all. I wudn't make fun of a bad speeler because than I wud be making fun of lots and lots of peeple on GW and then I wudn't have so many green points... and no frends.

Do u want to be my frend? how about my spud bud?? PM me, pleez!

oh, and btw, Potatoehed Peet is no threat to O'Neill!
                            Malta::::

Eye ken bee year fiend. ('Rant eye are-eddie?)

Eye ken evening spiel puuurrly.

Kom own. Eye'm bean vary sin-seer.

:::CinnamonBar

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
                              Hi everyone!

I'm not gonna post in the next three months because uni is starting again and I wouldn't get any sleep if I'd try to catch up on and answer all the posts when I get home (which is usually around 9pm this semester*sigh*). I'll still read the digest through my mail; wouldn't cope with being totally out of the loop . It's really hard for me because you guys are all so nice and GW is the best shipper refugee camp I've ever been to. *sniff*

Estelle *hoping that Pete will be history when she comes back, and that there's at least one new Carter-O'Neill*
                              Oh Estelle... we'll miss ya! But look at it this way... you'll get to come back & we'll be all abuzz with the new shows of S8 starting again & more spoilers & hopefully, more S/J ship!

(((Estelle)))

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                I just wanted everyone to know that not everyone out there in the non-shipper community has any problem with any of y'all. We all come to Stargate for different reasons and enjoying different elements and it's really important for people to remember that just as every character wont appeal to every person, that every element of the show isn't going to appeal to every person.

i agree. i've spent a lot of time in the non-shipper part of gateworld recently (i followed tame about for a whole day..that girl sure goes some odd places), and everywhere i went, i admitted i was a shipper, and no-one was bothered by it. i didn't say 'i'm a shipper and all else is wrong' i just happened to mention it..and everyone weas very welcoming, and very accepting of my opinion. the dinger is a one-off, a slightly annoying, highly amusing abberation who's managed to bind the shipper community together even tighter, and get us a lot of sympathy from non-shippers

Comment

Working...
                                X