This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lunar
    Hurrah! My first red rep point has finally arrived. I was worried I might be doing something wrong!!
    It *has* been quiet in here, although I'm not surprised because we have little to speculate on at the moment.
    A lot of suggestions for songs which suit Sam and Jack have been made recently. I have a few:
    She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. I actually read a fanfic that used this as a catalyst to them getting together... it may have been someone from here who wrote it. I do think it fits S/J very well.
    Love Will Come Through by Travis. I think the title says it all.
    See It In a Boy's Eyes by Jamelia. I'm not a great fan of Jamelia, but I do think this song suits Jack and Sam very well, expecially after all the discussion here about how much of Sam and Jack's relationship is conducted via their eyes! (I totally agree about that, btw).
    Reoffender by Travis. Technically a song about domestic violence, but when I made it into a vid it turned into S/J getting involved with other people even after confessing their feelings for one another... I always think that now when I listen to it.
    Bedshaped by Keane. It's just one of those songs where the lyics just *fit*. Like :
    "I know you think I'm holding you down; and I've fallen by the way-side now. And I don't understand the same things as you.... but I do."

"See it in a boy's eyes" is already in my list Lunar ..love that song..I also have some of Trisha yearwood..I don't know Travis but will have a look. I 've already did "this love" by marron 5 ..I'll try to listen to She'll be loved. I love keane and I think I have all of their songs ..will listen to that one again Thank you Lunar

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      Really behind but I just heard this song on the radio and I thought it would be a great song for WHEN Sam and Jack get together.

Shania Twain, "Forever And For Always"

I can't wait until they get to tell each other how happy they are that they're together!

ship sistah
      *sigh*

Hiia SipSistah ..I did that song for another show when the RST was there already ..and yeah....It's a song to be kept for the RST days between Sam and Jack ..I agree..hopefully we'll get a few RST scenes so that we can do songs like that

Caty

Comment

Morning my ship family

Hope everybody is feeling well on this fine....ish morning ( actually over hear its moore like noon but it's sunday so i got to sleep in )

i confess...this post is realy just to draw attention to my sig

Look.......no more double figures....only 9 days to go

anywhoo..................Keep hope alive everyone these may be trying times but don't worry our ship has left and it's on its way home (i know cause they just sent a radio message )

and i know you are all wordering who let this freak in
        but hey, it's what i do

Leanne

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
        honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by misstweedledee
          Morning my ship family

Hope everybody is feeling well on this fine....ish morning ( actually over hear its moore like noon but it's sunday so i got to sleep in )

i confess...this post is realy just to draw attention to my sig

Look.......no more double figures....only 9 days to go

anywhoo..................Keep hope alive everyone these may be trying times but don't worry our ship has left and it's on its way home (i know cause they just sent a radio message )

and i know you are all wordering who let this freak in
          but hey, it's what i do

Leanne

HIP hip hip HOURAY Can't wait to see "New order "on the big screen (My TV) with Hubby .I'll make sure I ask him what he thought of it afterwards ..and I bet he forgot all about in Chimera and gonna ask me "Who is that guy she 's dreaming of?"

but if the casual viewer can't remember who is ...got to be good cuz it means he should not be around anymore to damage any other SG1 eopisodes ...right.

Caty

Comment

I'm re-doing my link page on my site .

I already have

SG1 Jack home (tasha)
            Dedicated to Stargate SG1
            Marimba Jack&Sam always
            SG1 home (Sarahcutter)
            Stargate SG1 transcripts

Who else wants to be included in my link list ?
            Could you PM me ?and precise if you have a special category...and how you want me to call it.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              HIP hip hip HOURAY Can't wait to see "New order "on the big screen (My TV) with Hubby .I'll make sure I ask him what he thought of it afterwards ..and I bet he forgot all about in Chimera and gonna ask me "Who is that guy she 's dreaming of?"

but if the casual viewer can't remember who is ...got to be good cuz it means he should not be around anymore to damage any other SG1 eopisodes ...right.

Caty
              OOOOOOOOOO i like that thought

If an average view, one who has no particular ties to either side dosent remeber who is then oooooo...............calm down..........need to remained compossed........ready for the big event *when* our ship comes in

You see its quite scary but i have resoted to logical thinking on this one.
              If they dont finish what they started with Sam and Jack then as we know there are gonna be a hell of a lot of rather miffed fans......and if i remember right a few less residents in shpper town......Plus....think about it.......in general the storys they come up with are good and all that but come on when the show ends would you really whant to be remembered as the guys who managed to alienate / loose half of the fan base in one fail swoop ...............wouldn't look to good on the old C.V.

I know we have to consider the Anti-shippers bla bla bla but som many people out there want this.....so just give it to them * looks around for any of TPTB that maybe listening and gives a stern look in that direction *

Oh and quick question where are we on filming.......obviously the first half has been done but do we know anything on which eps of the second half have been filmed yet

Leanne

Comment

Hey *no waves today*

I did it again... ..i went over to the dark side.......the Anti-shippers page......i dont no why i do it but i do.......i have only read like 2 posts and look here i am going on about it;

1. i would just like to point out that they have like 400 posts on that thread.....and *cough* how many do we have *cough*

2. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

3. i found some salvation that they don't like the whole arc and that character and all that......and as we all no stargate fans are split basical 3 ways........The Shippers......The anit shippers.....and the What's ship? group in the corner.....so if the 2 biggest groups dont like then TPTB should take the hint and get rid !!!!!!!!

4. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

5. They seem to want resolution as much as us....of course they will be disapointed casue the resolution is going to be shippy........but that common goal of resolution is there......and it can't be ignored

Wow, for a sunday i seem to have a lot to say...sunday is usualy sleep, work for school and stargate

Leanne

Comment

Originally posted by amra
                  Adopt me into the shipper family!
                  Welcome amra! Consider yourself officially adopted.
                  Its the wee hours of the morning over here in england, I've been cruising around the internet for hours going through countless forums and reading threads on the shipper debates. I feel so down about Sam and Jack right now, I always come back to the GateWorlds S/J thread because you guys somehow manage to be so positive about it that you always make me feel better.
                  I agree… in my lurker days I checked out other BB’s & it was this one & the witty repartee & obvious love the members shared that kept me coming back & a few months later I couldn’t help myself… I had to join… I was getting tired of talking back at the PC & laughing at what I was seeing… I wanted to be a part of it!
                  You know in all my years of shipping for sci-fi couples, (and I've shipped for quite a few) I dont think I've ever seen such debate over a 'ship' as I have for Sam/Jack, its amazing how much ppl have to say on the topic.
                  Do you think it’s because the Internet has become so pervasive in the 8 years the show has been on the air? I know other scifi shows/movie have sites/BB’s… maybe it’s the timing? Plus during these years it became accessible to more of us on cable (pay) & regular TV channels and gained a larger audience w/more ‘Net savvy.
                  Maybe it’s just that *all* of us SG lovers are a really unique group of very opinionated outgoing people for whom S/J ship is a major lightning rod? I dunno. I guess for me personally it’s probably easier, & I prefer, to wax poetic about S/J ship than about the things that go boom etc. (although I can give good convo on that too…) Good question for thought.
                  Some of the flames and rants I've just read from anti-shippers have really quite depressed me, despite myself. I've always felt thats theres something so intrinsically RIGHT about Sam and Jack, I hate seeing them bashed. oh well, everyone is welcome to their opinions, I must remember that.
                  I agree… to read anti-ship or ship discussion threads can be disheartening if you're on the ‘I like it’ side of the S/J fence. That’s why when I do read them (& I have) I read them first then come here & the Thunk thread to keep perspective. (Did you ever check out the "Against Pete" Thread?(Click Here to go There.) I recommend it too for a good & interesting read.
                  cheer me up! remind me how great Sam and Jack are! Because I keep thinking they'll never end up together... after 8 years of watching this show they damn well better or....

Amra
                  LOL! I think many of us here on this Thread share your sentiments! Welcome to the Family. Don’t forget to have a ShipNana cookie or two. (Maybe ShipNana will grace us with her list for all of our recently delurked shiplets! Hint. Hint.)
                  Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 26 September 2004, 04:52 AM. Reason: 'your' does have an 'r' in it!
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hey guys,

I finally got the pix up of julie (sugarshaker), tony (t-gate) and I from the NJ con in August.

http://community.webshots.com/album/191936146aMykRy

It was great spending time with these gals... oh, and the con was cool, too.

ship sistah
                    It was great to see you, Sugarshaker & T-Gate. Thanks for posting it!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      *faints with shock*

I can't believe it! It's been nearly 90 minutes since someone posted on this thread! Either you're all dead, or the world is ending......

Well, don't you fear, lostelf and I (who are chatting right now) will take up to cause! We've got plans.......
                      I know KG I did notice that last night. But I couldn’t think of anything wise or witty to add so I didn't post. (Maybe it was that sinus headache that went from the front of my head to the back where it tended to stay???)

But I think many of us were involved in that certain non-PG chat room… at least I’ll step up & admit to it… (I think I was in there for a few hours before you may have gone there) But I won’t name *names* of any other family I just happened to see while I was there!

I just stopped by this a.m. to let my Shipper Family know I haven’t forgotten them. RL has just put some major time constraints on me the past week. Swamped at work & a parent who was in hospital... so when I got home… not lots of time… had to make choices about what I wanted/needed to do… unfortunately it only included lurking a bit here w/the odd post or two.

But… *big smile* I did work on the fanfic a lot… maybe sooner rather than later I can get it to the point where it can be beta’d & uploaded somewhere to share w/everyone.
                      Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 26 September 2004, 04:54 AM. Reason: silly typos!

Comment

Welcome Amra!!

Comment

"See It In a Boy's Eyes by Jamelia. I'm not a great fan of Jamelia, but I do think this song suits Jack and Sam very well, expecially after all the discussion here about how much of Sam and Jack's relationship is conducted via their eyes! "

Plus that vid is set on a military base! That is SO a great shippy vid

For me personally my No. 1 Sam/Jack song would have to be Macy Gray's "I Try". I also like Bryan Adams and Mel C's 'When you're gone' and Keane's 'On a Day like Today' and 'Somewhere only we know' um..and probably Sarah McLachlan's album "Mirrorball" in its ENTIRITY. I swear every song on it is shippy....thats alot of songs!

Amra

Comment

Ooh thanks for the welcomes guys. I dont feel like such a barmpot when I'm surrounded by so many others who are just as obsessed....sorry did I say obsessed? I meant...interested, yes Interested in S/J as I am. Down with ! Up with ship!

Spoilers!
                            Just my little thought but, does anyone else think that eventual ship is a foregone conclusion? (Well yes I know we're all shippers BUT)I mean, I cant help but think that the writers wouldnt bother giving Jack a girlfriend unless it was for the express purpose of making Sam realize she doesnt want atall. (Yay!) Otherwise its such an insult to Jack's character, to just throw him a girlfriend in like...the last 3-4 episodes? Its worse then getting 7 of 9 together with Chakotay in the last 3 eps of ST:VGR <shudders> and THAT was just wrong.

amra

P.S could anyone give me any pointers on how to make my own sig line? I'd like to make a really good one but dont know how to do it.
                            Last edited by amra; 26 September 2004, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Here's what she wrote back:

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much. I found your site through the thread at gateworld.net. I love Stargate
                              and as my husband says, I am obsessed with it. One of the people doing the spread
                              with Red asked me to find something to wear that would reflect me, my husband jokingly
                              said it should be a Stargate t-shirt, so I ran with that idea. But like I said, I saw your shirt
                              and loved it. I would be more than happy to send you a copy of the proofs that are used
                              (I should have in Nov/Dec) and a copy of the magazine, which will be out for issue in
                              either January or February. As far as giving credit I have asked my agent about this and
                              really there isn't a way to give credit for the shirt in the Red magazine, the most they
                              might do would be to mention the shirt in a brief article. But he is currently negotiating on
                              the full spread with article in another magazine using the same photos, if this happens I
                              will happily put something in the interview article. As far as them putting an actual
                              reference (usually found in the back of magazines or under pictures) for the shirt they will
                              not do this since they are not being paid for advertising.
                              If this changes anything let me know.
                              I will give your web address and name to my the person who will be doing my fittings and
                              let her order the shirts she thinks will work best. Thanks again.

Much appreciation,

Tabitha

She's a shipper, she'll do what she can for us. I wished her good luck with the shoot and the mags and told her to come visit and say hello.

ship sistah
                              Ship Sistah, this just gets better and better. Today a magazine....tomorrow THE WORLD!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amra
                                Ooh thanks for the welcomes guys. I dont feel like such a barmpot when I'm surrounded by so many others who are just as obsessed....sorry did I say obsessed? I meant...interested, yes Interested in S/J as I am.
                                *ahem* You may have been right the first time!

Just my little thought but, does anyone else think that eventual ship is a foregone conclusion?
                                Yes.

(Well yes I know we're all shippers BUT)I mean, I cant help but think that the writers wouldnt bother giving Jack a girlfriend unless it was for the express purpose of making Sam realize she doesnt want atall. (Yay!) Otherwise its such an insult to Jack's character, to just throw him a girlfriend in like...the last 3-4 episodes? Its worse then getting 7 of 9 together with Chakotay in the last 3 eps of ST:VGR <shudders> and THAT was just wrong.
                                amra
                                I agree...but then I was a Janeway/Chakotay shipper, so I might be kinda biased!
                                I do think
                                Spoiler:
                                Kerry
                                is there as a catalyst for S/J. Actually, I choose to believe that Pete is too.

Comment

Working...
                                X