This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elfinwood
    Thanks for the info from the con nickatell! We'll take all that we can get.

Regarding a season 9, I really think that it hinges a lot on RDA. It is still his image and his name that is at the forefront of all of the ads and merchandising that MGM does. If they are the least bit leery about SG-1 being able to continue with such strong viewing numbers without him, I think that both MGM and Sci-Fi would rather go with a mini-series. I believe that RDA would be much more inclined (because of his personal reasons) to sign on for movie or mini-series work rather than devote most of a year to another season. This arrangement would actually be better IMO for the ship too. I believe TPTB would give us more concentrated ship and much more Jack, if it is a movie or mini-series. A season without RDA would be horrible for the ship and another season with him in such a limited capacity would just drag out the UST even more.
    I have to agree. I'd rather see a good miniseries than a dragged out long one, at least at this point in time. This way both the writers and the actors would have more freedom (AT, MS, CJ could do other projects and RDA could spend more time with his daughter) ... and TPTB wouldn't have to cut down on the budget either. I don't know if my opinion will change again, it has since the last two eps, or if I do want to watch a whole season 9. It could be. Maybe I'm just doing my weekly rant about how horrible is. Argh!

Descent
    Spoiler:

I just watched Descent again and realized what a truly wonderful episode that really is. Believe me when you look at the old(er) eps you appreciate the little smiles and touches even more than before. Not having in the larger picture makes the world seem ... right again. Oh and I realized I like Jack with slightly longer hair better. In this ep he's especially sweet 'cause he is sleepy in the first scenes.
    Oh and there's also a sweet scene between Sam and Jacob that I didn't realize was there until now. Sam asks her father something (dunno what exactly .. you know me and technobabble ) and then he says 'Alright, alright, just be careful' and Sam whines 'Yes, Dad!' LOL, that was funny.

Estelle xxx
    Last edited by estelle; 30 August 2004, 07:59 AM.
    Abu: This is a woman?
    O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
    O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
    Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
    Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
    Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
    Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

It's not just from the same college or whatever, they're also made at around the same time, and there's more besides that makes me catch them. As I say, I will be taking these individually, and running a more thorough track. How likely is it that you have 40 people in one place, all voting the same way, within a short space of time. Bit like the DNA testing question. Any suspicious votes will be followed up. Both sides have done it, so it'll level it out, once the poll ends and I've scanned them all. I'm doing this for everyones protection, and so that everyone can be as assured as you can be in this type of thing, that I'm doing everything in my power to make it fair.

The results won't change anyone's minds about anything. Both shippers and non shippers alike will still love the show for their own reasons. Nothing wrong with that, at all. Maybe if anything, especially if it's close, it'll show that maybe it is hard for TPTB to please everyone. Either way they go, a lot of people will be unhappy. I don't know. lol I have a headache!

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
        Regarding a season 9, I really think that it hinges a lot on RDA. It is still his image and his name that is at the forefront of all of the ads and merchandising that MGM does. If they are the least bit leery about SG-1 being able to continue with such strong viewing numbers without him, I think that both MGM and Sci-Fi would rather go with a mini-series. I believe that RDA would be much more inclined (because of his personal reasons) to sign on for movie or mini-series work rather than devote most of a year to another season. This arrangement would actually be better IMO for the ship too. I believe TPTB would give us more concentrated ship and much more Jack, if it is a movie or mini-series. A season without RDA would be horrible for the ship and another season with him in such a limited capacity would just drag out the UST even more.
        I agree, it probably does hinge on RDA. Sci-fi has always been big on having names to tout. I'd be surprised if they would continue without him in some capacity. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they diminished his role even more so that he's in less episodes. The franchise has proved to have enough legs with Atlantis that they might be willing to go for something like that.

We'll just have to wait and see. As for ship (vague spoilers season 8),
        Spoiler:
        I'm getting more and more confident the ship will be resolved well this season, either way. They've gone too far to back out now.
        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
          Oh, I don't know. There are days I've really earned the dummy card.
          LOL, that's hard to believe . Anyhoo, we decided we need you anyway because we need someone who provides us with answers too.

(((((Auralan)))))

Estelle *in cuddle mood today*

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
            LOL, that's hard to believe . Anyhoo, we decided we need you anyway because we need someone who provides us with answers too.

(((((Auralan)))))

Estelle *in cuddle mood today*

Now I'm supposed to have answers?

I think I need those cuddles now. ((((estelle))))
            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              To Wynter & critter and all the shipper family
              Caty's video 59 "Run to you" (Whitney Houston)
              Sam needs Jack to keep her safe from harm even if most of the time she 's always in control and watches over him too

Enjoy
              Caty
              Great vid Caty!! It's really sweet with all the hugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                Spoiler:
                Actually so would I! I do think Daniel and Teal'c would realise something was wrong wih Sam but I don't think they would know exactly what it was straight away liek Jack would...all Jack would have to do is lok in her eyes and he would notice that it wasn't his Sam. Daniel and Teal'c at first might just think shes in a dodgey mood
                You've got to get him to look into her eyes instead of at his shoes. We need Jack to get a little aggressive. I don't know if I'm expressing myself clearly. I want him to stand up and go after what he wants not let her slip through him fingers and wind up the angry, hurt guy from 2010.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  The WONDERFUL person that bakes our cookies is SHIP NANA!!!!!

She started with just a few and it has now grown into the vast number you see listed on the T-shirts, mugs and everything else

Ship Nana is also the Mayor of SHipper Town
                  Oh ... Mayor of Shipper Town ... does that mean she has any power over the distribution of the rooms around here? I'm sick and tired of my solitary cell. I'm healed, I promise.

Estelle xxx

Comment

Now I'm supposed to have answers?
                    Of course ... but oh, what's that? That smiley, that face *waves frantically*, ugh ...... now I'm blind!

I think I need those cuddles now. ((((estelle))))

Estelle xxx

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      OK, JUST walked in the door from the Chicago con, and I am totally trashed, in a good way , so before I go sleep I thought I'd post 3 great things from the con (pictures and real run down to follow this week)....

But before I get to that, I want to reiterate how much I enjoyed meeting Darren and his wonderful wife (in his words Mrs Darren ), and David (altho for much less time ), and also how impossible it is to convey how lovely AT was to everyone, she was friendly and interested and enthusiastic, and really made you feel like you had connected with her. I will be saying this loudly and often

I had a few mintues with Amanda and got the following.....
                      1). I asked if she had got the letter and CD of music vids from Marimba and Caty et al at Gatecon, and if she watched the vids. And she said she had got them, and had really enjoyed the vids, she said she couldn't believe the amount of work that went into them, and that she was really impressed

2). I was wearing my Shipper Commune t-shirt, and I explained it all to Amanda, and she laughed, thought it was funny. I told her to pass the message onto Joe that we had taken his commune comment and run with it At the autograph session she remembered me and looked a my shirt and said "I hope you get out of the hospital soon!", to which I said, "probably not too likely!"

and at the panel......
                      3). Amanda had a LOT to say about Affinity, she was very um, clear about the fact she was unhappy with numerous things in the script and talked to RCC about it, and one of the things she specifically mentioned was the
                      Spoiler:
                      end scene when Sam accepts Pete's proposal, she said she objected a lot to that scene because it was unprofessional, and she didn't think Sam would act like that. But in the end it's not her decision She also referred to how she thought it was too soon for Pete to propose (LOL) and how she wondered "what about the other guy??!" She was trying to talk in code so as to not spoil people who didn't want to be, but was very clear about what she meant

So, that's it for now, sleep first, more details later.....

Thanks so much for the info. I'm jealous - sound like you had a great time.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        A quickie poll question.

Which ep was harder for you to take: Chimera or Affinity?

For me, Chimera.

Sally
                        Chimera cause
                        Spoiler:
                        it was a shock, I thought he wasn't good enough for her, not well suited, and he creeped me out with the stalking

With Affinity I read all the spoilers and it softened the blow.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                          Indeed!
                          Absolutely love your sig picture.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                            I tried it again and I couldn't vote a second time (I knew it wouldn't work but I tried just incase). Maybe you or some one else might have some luck.
                            I have just looked again and we are 49.1%.

~Tracey~
                            I just looked 12:30 p.m. EST, and it 47.6 pro-S/J.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                              Way behind, I know, but wave to me when you're changing planes in Philly!

Wave to me, too. I'm just north of the city in Bucks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I don't know. There are days I've really earned the dummy card.
                                Ahhhhh, (((((auralan))))) you're just trying to make us feel better. Thanks. But as Jack would say, "Oh yeah, she's WAY smarter than us." (He's talking about Sam so I'm still on topic here )
                                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Working...
                                X