This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    Ok Marimba you just came up with our new slogan!

SEASON 8 or BUST!!

Hehehehehe .. I
    LIKE THE NEW SLOGAN

Caty

Comment

Affinity spoiler
      Spoiler:

To me Pete should have been history after the lab conversation, Jack and Sams conv should have been:

After Sam expresses her doubts on marriage and kids
      Jack: Maybe you are having doubts because you are considering it with the wrong guy
      Sam: I have tried talking to Mr. Right,but he doen't want to hear it
      Jack: Maybe he does now, we should talk.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am tired of them dragging this out.
      Last edited by Rogue; 26 August 2004, 04:49 AM.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        I'm so excited-- and nervous! Please tell me when your stuff arrives and if everything came out alright.
        As for JM, I think we should send him something about the commune and the town that came out it. So what about the Shipper Commune mousepad and a small Shipper Town map/history poster?
        We now have $36 in the kitty.
        ship sistah
        That's a good idea - didn't someone suggest the mug aswell, that would be a nice thing to send him too if there's enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
          I really don't think it was meant to be gratuitous. For me, it accentuated the pure vulnerability of Sha're in that situation - being 100% at their mercy and under no control over anything regarding her own body.

It also made sense in comparison to the USAF woman who went through the same process earlier in the episode. They wanted you to feel for her, but they wanted you to feel *more* for Sha're, so to make it all the worse, you saw her that vulnerable.

Just my opinion, but I think it was completely to elicite a reaction - no, not *that* reaction! ;-)
          oh, I had no problem with her BEING naked, but why did the audience have actually SEE full frontal nudity? We got the point, why go there?

eep! gonna be late for class...tempted to skip already...stupid physics...oh, Sam? c'mere...take my exams for me? pretty please with Jack on top? covered in chocolate syrup?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Hey michelle ..Thank you for the second part ..I was waiting for it too

I so can't wait to see that scene ...it should be great ... and what comes after even better

Caty
            Where's the first bit? That sounds great!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              oh, I had no problem with her BEING naked, but why did the audience have actually SEE full frontal nudity? We got the point, why go there?

eep! gonna be late for class...tempted to skip already...stupid physics...oh, Sam? c'mere...take my exams for me? pretty please with Jack on top? covered in chocolate syrup?

LtLisa

I have listened to "Somebody like you" Keith Urban ..and I could do that one for you if you like !!!!!....I'll wait until Marimba tells me so ..I don't want to clash..I love that one ..it's great

I also have a request for MG and Waterfall( as soon as she tells me what she wants for clips ..cuz that one ..it ain't easy!!!!)...which I'll do soon too.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                Where's the first bit? That sounds great!!!!

I posted the first part somewhere around page !!!!!let me check

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  Affinity spoiler
                  Spoiler:

To me Pete should have been history after the lab conversation, Jack and Sams conv should have been:

Jack: Maybe you are having doubts because you are considering it with the wrong guy

If only TPTB would make it that simple. Hopefully, it will eventually come to that...a conversation where the two actually talk candidly to each other!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    I posted the first part somewhere around page !!!!!let me check

caty

Ok page 220

Enjoy

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Affinity spoiler
                      Spoiler:

What I would be afraid of is that they would start off really well with lines like that, but they wouldn't actually show the converstion, they'd just let us use our imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        I'm sure this has been mentioned already -since I'm far behind (as usual). Here's a quote from Joe Mallozzi -founding father of the beloved Shipper Commune and Rehab Center - from his 'making of' for Affinity.

"Throw in a cutesy-wootsy romantic B-runner involving Carter and Pete, and we were on our way."

I think for that, we need to name a room after him as well... maybe the heavy duty padded room with do-it-yourself shock paddles??? I mean, just when we were ready to sell our belongings and move to a commune in Southern Cal, Joe came and saved us.

Sally
                        Once again, a cryptic message from JM. It's interesting how this is the only line in his notes that deals with the barfy-warfy unromantic Z-runner story (any letter lower than z? )...

I can't tell if he's just being cutesy-wootsy himself, or sarcastic... at this point I wouldn't read anything into it other than he's walking that thin tightrope once again...
                        sigpic

Comment

I know this isn't a popular view right now but I hold strong to it because I know that Jack and Sam will be together. You can't help but see the shippiness regardless of the episode. So here goes.... I think that shipper angst is good for the ratings....

If you think about all the shows that have shipper angst, the minute they are resolved something is missing from the show. Go back to any show---JAG, Alias (don't watch it but apparently lots of you do ), Moonlighting, Star Trek TNG, Fraiser, Scrubs, the list goes on...let's face it we love to see that possiblity of love in the air. It makes us happy and full of hope. But as soon as the agnst is resolved, something is missing.

Since we all know that our beloved Jack/RDA will probably not be back for another season of Stargate, TPTB are taking care of the loose ends first by giving us a good run for our money, wait, I mean a good story line that will explain his physical absence should there be a season 9. He can be part of the show by Sam talking about him without him being there.

Whether this will work for us or not for us remains to be seen but it does give TPTB a way to continue the show by having explained it before it happens. I know that in the end all will be well because you just can't miss the S/J love that is in the air. We all feel it. It isn't going to go away.

That's my two cents. I love all the spoilers I have been reading. Be patient fellow shippers. Remember---and excuse me for yelling but some of you aren't listening very well---OUR SHIP WILL COME IN!
                          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            So noted on Keith Urban. As for "Still Holding Out for You", I have a vid up for that song already. Made it for Tasha a while back!

Just some rumors posted by Wynter 100 posts or so ago. Personally, I haven't heard anything concrete yet but I'll let you know if I do.

I've been thinking that a Sam/Jack video set to Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason" would work very well. I wish I knew how to do that sort of stuff.

Any takers?

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              Once again, a cryptic message from JM. It's interesting how this is the only line in his notes that deals with the barfy-warfy unromantic Z-runner story (any letter lower than z? )...

I can't tell if he's just being cutesy-wootsy himself, or sarcastic... at this point I wouldn't read anything into it other than he's walking that thin tightrope once again...
                              What post number was this post?

Comment

I had to share my excitement with someone, anyone, lol- I bought my very first box set of SG1 dvds today- season 2! yay! *happy dance*

On a side note- Has anyone made a s/j music vid to Joss Stones "i've fallen in love" at all? or know of someone who has? I just love that song!

~~Close To Crazy~~
                                Psychotic Kitten
                                'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Working...
                                X