X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    Spoilers Season 8 "Threads" in case.
    .Don't you guys kind of wonder how they are going to get all of this accomplished in one episode? Besides as someone stated earlier, here is another example of Kerry being thrown at us in one episode. If we didn't know (hope) that she calls it quits with Jack by the end of the episode, we would be dying again. I can't help being anxious about this episode, but considering recent events I'm also a little concerned. Consider it, we have Jack starting a romantic relationship, Sam majorly questioning her upcoming (be still my heart) marriage, Sam finding out about Jacks relationship with Kerry, Sam finding out that Jacob is possibly dying, and Daniel is considering ascending again, I don't know about you guys but I have seen two parters that don't have this much going on in them. My biggest concern about all of this is that we are all thinking, hoping and praying that this is going to lead to a resolution, but I am not so sure that TPTB would do all this in one episode. Now of course we are missing the resolution itself in this episode, but I wonder.....I'm just a little apprehensive to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

First off, I think 'Reckoning, parts 1&2' are part of some arc to this Threads storyline. I say this because some of the same players are in all three eps, and -if the order of eps isn't changed- comes one after the other.

I really hope that there is a season 9 with RDA also returning. They could explore so much with Sam and Jack already established and it would be nice to have Jack either anxiously awaiting a new baby, or with one already; it kind of would bring the whole show full circle.
    Jack awaiting a new baby... or with one already.... full circle.... can I just say YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Daniel: "Sam, how's Jack?"
      Sam: *smiles dreamily* "He's fine Daniel... "
      Daniel: *raises brow*
      Sam: "I mean, he's doing just fine, Daniel... *swallows loudly* "I'll tell him you said hi."

Sally
      lol!!!that's great!Can you write for the show?
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        Interesting posts Zoser, MichelleB, shelsfc…
        S8 Threads….

But Jack is still hiding...
        Spoiler:
        the Kerry relationship from his friends, the base and the AF/Pentagon PTB. Why worry about protecting or hiding her? She’s a big girl able to take care of herself well enough to get herself on the oversight committee. To me it too smacks of conflict of interest, and even if it weren’t… hmmm… you have someone on the oversight committee in a hot-n-heavy relationship w/the general running the base…. Yeah, right… It’s like the Mayor dating the head of the City Council or the PM dating the head of the House of Lords (did I get that right?) & trying to keep it a ‘secret’ or tell anyone there’s no influence of the other party going on… It just looks like Jack went after a hot piece of som-‘um & wants to have his cake & eat it. To me appears he’s in a worse position insofar as he’s running the show & no matter who he dates in house or attached-to-the-house like Kerry… any relationship like that is not going to appear seemly to anyone in their reality.

That’s why I think (as I posted last night http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4482 ) that TPTB need to address it & Threads seems like it’d be the perfect show & scene to
        Spoiler:
        let things rise to a steady boil in Sam. If they’re going to rewrite anything… rewrite that Kerry interrupting J/S scene. Let Sam be assertive & call him on the carpet about it. “If you can hide ship/protect Kerry, what about me? What about us? Define for me what we have and where will we be going?”

OK… MiniRant over with….

Threads spoilers....well,not really spoilers, just discussion,but to be on the safe side...
        okay,it seems I'm the only one who doesn't mind Kerry*Aga raises her hands and pleads with shipper family not to shoot her.Or zat her.Or hurt in any other way. *And I don't, really.What's more right now I'm a little confused:who said that J/K relationship is a secret?Frankly I don't see Jack as a guy who would have secret affair with anyone if he didn't do it with Sam.I don't see any reason for him to want to hide it.We know Kerry is a member of some Comitee overseeing SGC but do we know what exactly she does?Maybe she's some kind of secretary and isn't responsible for reports or evaluations or anything that would be unethical.I haven't read all the posts on the subject so it's possible I missed some details on her work but so far I haven't seen anything questionable in their relationship(apart from the fact that she isn't Sam of course and this whole situation is too much a soap opera for me-but then again they started it with first)

Actually I think Kerry may be good for Jack.Sam got Pit:he sees to some of her personal needs , she seems to be moving on.That leaves Jack as pinning for her and being helpless.That's not him.Besides he IS a guy and has some ,ekhem, needs too.So I don't begrudge him for getting himself a girl.If Sam could,so can he.

Besides Kerry is the one who is to give him solution to the regs problem and shove towards Sam(or so I heard).Even more reason to like her.Right now she has the potential to be a great character-nothing like so I wouldn't pair them just yet, as some of you do.

I can't wait for this episode and until it airs I'm not gonna complain much about characters-well, with exception of Pete Please shippers, let's stay positive.
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers. s8's threads

I like the way you put that - that to not settle for just being loved, but reach for 'being in love' too. And I love that 'half a person' reference too. Well done!

Sally
          Thank-you thats the way i think sam feels.She does feel loved thats why she's with and she would feel a whole person if she was with jack because he gives her the whole package.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
            Thank-you thats the way i think sam feels.She does feel loved thats why she's with and she would feel a whole person if she was with jack because he gives her the whole package.

wynterxx
            Hey, I wholeheartedly agree.Why some people can put their thoughts into words so well and I can't?that's not fair.

I've just seen "Affinity"...and don't get me started.Was it even STARGATE episode?I guess as far as credits are concerned.

spoilers for THE TERRIBLE ONE
            Just two quick questions:
            1. I've seen it on squinty vision so I didn't see Teal'c's pouch.Does he still have it?If he does how come he slept with Krista?What about national security?And wasn't she a little freaked by it?

2.Did somebody else notice that Sam jumped on her chair when Jack closed the box with ring?I thought it looked for her as if he closed some chapter in their lives with it...Yes,I know, I'm weird...

And sorry if that has been already discussed.
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
              sorry, those are all i have. and thanks about mendhi..i keep rereading too. is it too self-absorbed to like my own fic that much?
              Michelle, could you de-R Carter not Sam for me, so I can print it out!

Also, to anyone else, I'm looking for some nice long, well written Sam and Jack fic (I prefer UST and angst ), to print out and take with me on the long plane journeys to Seattle (8 hours Glasgow to Philadelphia and 6 hours Philadelphia to Seattle - yikes!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                Hey, I wholeheartedly agree.Why some people can put their thoughts into words so well and I can't?that's not fair.

I've just seen "Affinity"...and don't get me started.Was it even STARGATE episode?I guess as far as credits are concerned.

spoilers for THE TERRIBLE ONE
                Just two quick questions:
                1. I've seen it on squinty vision so I didn't see Teal'c's pouch.Does he still have it?If he does how come he slept with Krista?What about national security?And wasn't she a little freaked by it?

2.Did somebody else notice that Sam jumped on her chair when Jack closed the box with ring?I thought it looked for her as if he closed some chapter in their lives with it...Yes,I know, I'm weird...

thanks its how i hope sam really feels WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY if i haven't already said it.
                The way sam jumped i hope it's not the end of the chapter.I hope it's showing the way jack didn't like it

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                  BTW, Rogue - forgot to mention I love your name. (I'm a Rogue/Gambit shipper from my teenage years!) <g>
                  Thanks, Rogue is one of my favorite X-Men characters. I think her and Sam have alot in common. Both strong women, who can't be with the man they love.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    This may have been 10 pages ago (hey I’m slow ) but I thought I would reply back 'cos I agree....

Spoilers season 8(Threads)
                    I have thought about it and I don't see the point either... it is the same old same old. We have had this before and we know the outcome. But I guess this could be different in that it might actually be the thing that makes them see sense (sorry if this has already been talked about but I haven't had chance to catch up on all 10 pages yet ). But even so, I am still very much looking forward to this episode.

And yes, ship should be resolved in season 8. And if there is a season 9 (I will miss Jack so much if RDA does not come back) then at least we know they are together.

~Tracey~
                    ((((((((Tracey)))))))and for you I'll make the Celine Dion song that you have requested.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                      Spoiler:
                      Seems like I'm gonna like this Kerry woman. She's a pretty bright lady. She can tell right away that something is holding Jack back even though she hasn't really known him long.

Meanwhile back in on the ranch in Montana we have otherwise known as the spudster, spudman, etc.!!!!!!! He just doesn't get it. Sam takes OVER 2 weeks to reply to his "you-know-what" and he doesn't see anything wrong. How dense is this guy?!!!!! She probably could call out Jack's name in the throes of passion and he still would be oblivious!!!!

I didn't think he was so swift when he almost caused everyone to get killed at the stakeout but now he really looks dumb. TPTB are sure portraying him as not being the sharpest tool in the shed, brightest crayon in the box, smartest spud in the bag, one fry short of the proverbial Happy Meal!

HAHAHAHAHAH ShipNana ... I like everything you just said.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by col aga

Spoilers

...Or it could also means .."The ring MUST stay in the box" and I'm sticking to it

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                          Yes, but
                          Spoiler:
                          it is my understanding that she is a member of a civilian oversight committee that oversees the SGC, so it really could be an issue
                          And....
                          Spoiler:

As, a member of the oversight committee, don't you think she already knows about Sam and Jack. Even, the Pres. and Kinsey had a discussion about Sam and Jacks relationship. Which bothers me because in the spoiler, she invites Sam to the BBQ. Talk about throwing it in her face.

Hey, I finally graduated to Mature Symbiote!
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

[QUOTE=LtLisa
                            Caty: I can't figure out how to watch your videos on my computer. I can watch on a couple others computers, but on mine the musics superslow and sounds funny...help![/QUOTE]

LtLisa ....it's something with you PC then .......I don't know ..try to download :

http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab...ware/index.php

There is a free DIVx player on that sire ....just lurk around ..you should find it .

I couldn 't watch Marimba's videos until I downloaded divx

May be ....Have you also tried to right click and "save target as" ..on your PC first ...You may just have to do that .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              And....
                              Spoiler:

As, a member of the oversight committee, don't you think she already knows about Sam and Jack. Even, the Pres. and Kinsey had a discussion about Sam and Jacks relationship. Which bothers me because in the spoiler, she invites Sam to the BBQ. Talk about throwing it in her face.

Hey, I finally graduated to Mature Symbiote!

May be She is on a secret mission
                              Spoiler:
                              to get Sam and Jack together then
                              LOL

and well done you're mature now .(clap,clap,clap)

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                                I know this isn't a popular view right now but I hold strong to it because I know that Jack and Sam will be together. You can't help but see the shippiness regardless of the episode. So here goes.... I think that shipper angst is good for the ratings....

If you think about all the shows that have shipper angst, the minute they are resolved something is missing from the show. Go back to any show---JAG, Alias (don't watch it but apparently lots of you do ), Moonlighting, Star Trek TNG, Fraiser, Scrubs, the list goes on...let's face it we love to see that possiblity of love in the air. It makes us happy and full of hope. But as soon as the agnst is resolved, something is missing.

Since we all know that our beloved Jack/RDA will probably not be back for another season of Stargate, TPTB are taking care of the loose ends first by giving us a good run for our money, wait, I mean a good story line that will explain his physical absence should there be a season 9. He can be part of the show by Sam talking about him without him being there.

Whether this will work for us or not for us remains to be seen but it does give TPTB a way to continue the show by having explained it before it happens. I know that in the end all will be well because you just can't miss the S/J love that is in the air. We all feel it. It isn't going to go away.

That's my two cents. I love all the spoilers I have been reading. Be patient fellow shippers. Remember---and excuse me for yelling but some of you aren't listening very well---OUR SHIP WILL COME IN!
                                I agree with you completely!!!
                                I know things aren't looking very good for ship at the moment but we have to trust TPTB!!!
                                Just remember the wondeful words that Joe Mallozzi has posted to keep our hope up a little and to keep us watching

1-Jump to small conclusions, but don't think they'll necessarily lead to a big one.(not exact wording but I can't remember it properly )
                                and
                                2-Watch ALL Season 8

He knew we would be upset by Affinity but he also knowsthat we are going to be very happy at the conclusion so, until I actually see Sam in a wedding dress about to walk down the aisle to Pete I will keep my hopes up and trust TPTB.

I'm hoping that if there is a season 9 that TPTB will still get Sam and Jack together at the end of Season 8, it just feels like its the right time IMO and if RDA isn't in Season 9 then Sam and Jack getting together would be a great excuse for that and a good reason that Jack is not in the show anymore. And we can still hear about what Jack is up to from Sam. To me that would be the perfect situation. and when RDA pops in to guest star in a couple of eps(thats a must for me) we can get our fill of ship by seeing how Sam and Jack act together as a couple

If any of TPTB are lurking, as I know they do on occaision, please consider this idea if you haven't done so already...

I seem to have been writing a lot of long posts lately but I just have a bit more to say..
                                I know its hard to do sometimes, especially after episodes like Affinity but we all have to trust TPTB!! Yes I admit they do Love teasing us and keeping us on this rollercoaster ride for 8 years but its all going to lead to a good conclusion for us! The Sam and Jack relationship has gone way to far to just be forgotten and I don't believe TPTB could even think about dropping it completely and having Sam marry Pete...its just wrong!

I know that if we do see Sam anywhere near a church wearing a wedding dress then I will be very very upset and I will need to see some MAJOR Sam and Jack ship to get over that, but i'm not going to start threatening TPTB just yet....I know a lot of you have been saying that if we don't get the shippy ending we want then you will stop watching and won't buy any of the DVD's and all that and I know I did before but I don't think that is the right way to go, because the shipper fandom has always been the best IMO and TPTB have give us lots of nice shippy moments in the past, but I think if we try to bully TPTB into giving us our ending by threatening not to buy any merchandise then they might stop liking us as much as they do and not give us a shippy ending because of that
                                I'm probably being stupid I know cause its not very often that one of TPTB come and read through the forums but thats just how I feel about it...at the moment...

A MESSAGE TO ALL: TRUST TPTB!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! and as Critter says OUR SHIP WILL COME IN!!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                                X