X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Also, I love "Mendhi." I keep re-reading it.

I keep rereading that one too! That one and MeiMei's first fanfic (the Big Honkin Cat one), I must have read both of those at least a dozen times each!

I LOVED Mehndi, too! It was what prompted me to dust off my early attempts at my own fic and continue. (Must have worked, because mine is now over 32K words and 13 chapters.) I say again what talented folks are on here. Marimba, can you post (or repost) a link to your fic?

Thanks!
    -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Why couldn't TPTB just have let Sam and Jacks relationship follow its natural course all along. If they wouldn't have made such a big deal about not getting them together than they probably wouldn't have had to make such a big deal about getting them together (I hope). There is enough to deal with Jack still having to send Sam out on missions and not being able to go with her, Sam helping Jack deal with running the SGC instead of going on missions, and disagreements all while still continuing with their relationship. They could show how couples working at the SGC have to deal with the fact that they may not see each other again after they walk through the gate. The point is it wouldn't have had to be the A story or the B story, it could have been the once in a while C story. They could still interact with each other as teammates and it would be unthinkable to think that Jack and Sam wouldn't act just as professional on base as a couple as they do now. Sam brings up a good point, if there is to be a season 9 (with RDA) why not show Jack and Sam considering a family and what exactly would they do? Again this wouldn't have to be the A or B plot to the story, just in the background along with SGC business. TPTB are making more of this than it really ever had to be.

Comment

Agreed, Nickatell!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Spoilers Season 8 "Threads"
          .After Sam sees Jack and Kerry together and goes to visit Jacob in the hospital I would like Jacob to pick up on the fact that something is wrong, but knowing Sam as he does if he were to ask her what was wrong she would say nothing so he would have to come at it from another angle. Realizing that she was having second thoughts, Jacob could re emphasize just how important it was that he married his wife because he truly loved her and couldn't imagine a life without her, etc., etc. So, after leaving Jacob Sam decides to go back to Jacks house to talk to him. Sidenote; Sams reputation, I think, has truly been destroyed through all of this, so I feel it would be important for Sam to be the one to make the first move for the talk. I guess my reason for saying all of this is because it would bring full closure to the questions raised in Grace. Sam would be confronting her fears rather than running or settling. Trust me I would take any kind of positive closure between Sam and Jack. Do I think it is all Sams fault, absolutely not. Jack has had as much to do with this confusion as Sam, with all the times she wanted to talk to him and he cut her off or they were interrupted, he never made an attempt.

Comment

s7's chimera and s8's affinity spoilers

Originally posted by Critter
            I am sticking with the story line that...
            Spoiler:
            doesn't exist in anyone's reality but Sam's fragile mind. The more and more I think about it the more and more I like it. I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and she and her hubs watch Stargate. I told her about that theory and she tried to punch holes in it...but I kept asking her if anyone else has seen . She'd think for a second and say NO. is NO threat to O'Neill!

This is what I want to believe and what will help me get to the end of the season. And I will buy season 7 when it comes out, I just won't watch THAT episode!
            I remember the first time this crossed my mind -shortly after Chimera when I was desperately trying to erase the horror- and even then I could find things to support this theory. But after Affinity, it's *really* hard to ignore the possibilities! And if this really were the case, it would be THE most ingenious idea the writers had ever had! Every scene between Sam and PS would be taken in a new light. And Sam would come off so poignant and sad because of living in a fantasy world - whether by her own making, or done to her by an alien force *Grace*. Even if I think this isn't going to happen, there's still this little nugget of glee in thinking it could be true... So, I'm holding out that tiny bit in the corner of my mind for it.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I have always seen their relationship as undecided, and I hate being undecided it makes good drama but after 7 years they should have done something about it. So I hope they resolve somehow rather than letting them just drift apart to other people.
              "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
              of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
              Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
              because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
              of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
              another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                but I really do NOT want any romantic stuff between Sam and Pete anymore ...no kiss ..no hug.......I had my dose , I had enough ....

Caty
                Hehe, I had my dose in Chimera!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donnie_darko
                  I'm comming out and saying that I am a J/S shipper. I have avoided the ship threads and just posted tech. questions and tech. info but I just can't hide it anymore.

I hope they are able to find a way to be together the way they want but could not. But I don't want them to get together untill the very last ep. or the movie, I like the whole I love you but can't be with you thing they got going. I want it to build up even more, and also like the fact that they understand their situation and are dealing with it without breaking regs.
                  Glad to hear another shipper has confessed! I think there are more of us out there than anyone would guess. Everyone I know who watches Stargate is a shipper, even my brother who usually tries to be macho and put down all that 'girly' romance stuff. They just never post to the internet. I wish MGM would do a REAL poll (not something online which is biased) to find out how many people really want the Sam/Jack storyline to have a happy (for us shippers) ending.

Comment

<snip>

And love scene? forget it! All we get from this PTB is Ptui crap! Okay, rant done!
                    (((((((marimba)))))))))

I know, honey, I know just what you're feeling... *remember my breakdown after the affinity pics came out?* I'd LOVE a love scene between Sam and Jack! *eyes bulge* Wow, just typing that sentence brings up the blood pressure of desire.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      on another note, I think I'm being sucked in by Teyla/Shepard ship....nnnnooooooo!!!! I'm starting to love watching those two interact and look at the behind the scenes photos...crap! I said I wasn't gonna do this...
                      Which is why I'm not watching Atlantis... I'm too scared to place myself in their hands for yet another show. And I mean that. I'm too punch-drunk to take anymore.

*prove me wrong, ptb! please!*

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc

Hey, they had a kiss in TLC when it was the film. There's every possibility that they'll put it back in at the end of this season. [/font]

And did I mention

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                          Spoilers Season 8 "Threads"
                          .After Sam sees Jack and Kerry together and goes to visit Jacob in the hospital I would like Jacob to pick up on the fact that something is wrong, but knowing Sam as he does if he were to ask her what was wrong she would say nothing so he would have to come at it from another angle. Realizing that she was having second thoughts, Jacob could re emphasize just how important it was that he married his wife because he truly loved her and couldn't imagine a life without her, etc., etc. So, after leaving Jacob Sam decides to go back to Jacks house to talk to him. Sidenote; Sams reputation, I think, has truly been destroyed through all of this, so I feel it would be important for Sam to be the one to make the first move for the talk. I guess my reason for saying all of this is because it would bring full closure to the questions raised in Grace. Sam would be confronting her fears rather than running or settling. Trust me I would take any kind of positive closure between Sam and Jack. Do I think it is all Sams fault, absolutely not. Jack has had as much to do with this confusion as Sam, with all the times she wanted to talk to him and he cut her off or they were interrupted, he never made an attempt.
                          EXTREMELY good points you made here Nickatell....I hope TPTB realize these things as well
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Personally, Caty, I want a scene like the scene we got with Syd and Vaughn...frame on toes mingling then slowly pan up over covers and they're laying there smiling at each other-awww! My little shippy heart went pitter-pat! I'd love to see that with Sam and Jack. Don't need the full love scene but I'd love to see Sam and Jack in bed smiling at each other afterwards!
                            *whimpers*

Oh, I want to see Sam and Jack like that sooooooooooo--
                            *takes breath* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Well neither do I Sally...unless you take into account that Jack and Sam do lust secretly after each other and they do act like idiots about and IGNORE it...so maybe they SHOULD have lockers in the same room and THEN MAYBE we would get SOME reaction out of these two ...sheesh.....

ok I am better now what was in that glass Sally ???
                              Milk of Magnesia with root beer..... what?

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samplusjackequalsgrace
                                did anybody see my posts on page 216?
                                I'm sure I did, hon, but I sometimes have to go through posts quickly just to catch up.

((((((((((((samplusjackequalsgrace))))))))))))))))))

We love you! You're part of the family!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X