Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see the gateworld article on the making of affinity-JM called the B story cutsey-woootsey-or however it is spelled. In whose universe?

rosemary
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

MAJOR 'THREADS' SPOILER AHEAD
      Spoiler:

******* Stop reading if you don't wanna be spoiled!!

Thread Spoilers Below

As some of you know, I work as an actress from time to time here in LA. After
      hearing all the noise about the upcoming character of Kerry (and wanting to do
      her great bodily harm) I got ahold of the sides (the scenes used for the
      audition).

OMG

It's long (5 pages), but IF they filmed it even close to the way it's written
      here, we're gonna have MAJOR MAJOR SHIP AND ANGST!!! Here's one scene--

Starts with Carter (C) showing up unannounced at Jack's (O). They're out back
      and he's BBQing something. The following conversation occurs:

C: I saw the smoke.
      O: Right... (He tends to the BBQ)
      C: Is this okay? I mean, I dould've called first but..
      O: No...what brings you here on this fine day.
      (He gives a quick nervous look back to the house.)
      C: I've been sitting in your driveway for ten minutes trying to get up the nerve
      to come and talk to you. Actually, the truth is, I've been trying to get up the
      nerve for a lot longer than that.
      O: Oh?
      C: Pete put a down payment on a house.
      O: Hey that's (reading her reaction)..Not great?
      C: It's a beautiful house.
      O: But...
      C: The truth is..I'm having second thoughts about the wedding.
      O: Really? You seemed so...
      C: I know. I am. Sort of. Not really. I mean, the closer it gets, the more
      I start feeling like maybe I'm making a mistake.
      O: Look, Carter...
      C: I know...I'm really sorry to bother you with this. It's just that there's a
      very good reason I'm bothering you with this and if I don't say it now I might..

She's interrupted as Kerry backs out of the screen door carrying a salad bowl
      and some plates to set the picnic table.

K: Jack, I couldn't find the...

She turns and freezes as she sees Carter and O'Neill standing there.

K: Colonel Carter.

Carter looks back and forth between Kerry and O'Neill. Massive discomfort
      ensues.

O: You know Ms Johnson.....Yes...well, we were just meeting to discuss the
      state of affairs...with things....here...in my backyard.
      K: This is awkward.
      C: (to O'Neill) Ya think?
      K: Jack didn't want anyone at the SGC to know about us.
      C: No...you...Look, I'm sorry. This is my fault. I shouldn't have dropped in
      unannounced like this.
      K: Don't be silly. Now that the cat's out of the bag. You're here, why don't
      you stay? There's more than enough burned meat for three of us.

Sam then gets a call on her cell (saved by the bell!) and has to rush to SGC
      about her dad.

So what do you think?!!!

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 25 August 2004, 01:47 PM.

Comment

where???? where???? I don't see it-Caty??????

*looks around for calming shipper cookies. Marimba-I need a cookie*
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

thats sooo great, finally our prayers r gonna b answered...we hope....can't wait for it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Spoiler:

Thread Spoilers Below

audition).

OMG

C: I've been sitting in your driveway for ten minutes trying to get up the nerve
            very good reason I'm bothering you with this and if I don't say it now I might..

ensues.

unannounced like this.

about her dad.

So what do you think?!!!It came from the S/J group.

Caty
            OMG!

I Soooooooooooo HAVE to see that scene!!!!

Thank you for sharing!!!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              You might be watching too much Stargate SG1....

If when asked which financial period you are working on you tell them season eight instead of period eight...

If you talk about Jack and Sam to the point that non-SG1 fan aquaintances don't realize that they are just characters in a tv show...

(Mei Mei can't believe she wrote that last line... Jack and Sam not real! It must be Ptui's fault.)

How's that black plague thing going, Marimba?

Feel free to add your ship/fan obsessed faux paus....
              OMG, did you say this?!! That is too funny!! I just get strange looks from my friends who all think I'm nuts for being obsessed with a TV show!

As for the black plague, well I think that if you believe in reincarnation, you could blame Pete for all the ills the world has ever known. And, of course, he obviously hasn't atoned for anything so he keeps coming back as lower and lower forms of life. I think we have a perfect example in the slug that is Pete! Kind of a formless gelatinous mass, euwww! So there, I can now blame Pete for the black plague! His current form is proof positive that he did some really naughty things in the past and he's being punished. Unfortunately, I think he's cursed for doing so and spreads evil whereever he goes, so we're being punished just for laying eyes on him, oy!

See, I can now rationalize so well that I can blame Pete for ANYTHING! Gads, that snarky streak is taking over!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                OMG!

I Soooooooooooo HAVE to see that scene!!!!

Thank you for sharing!!!

...LOL..Talk about
                Spoiler:
                interruption and interruption again but major angst near the BARBEQUE ..HEY

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                  where???? where???? I don't see it-Caty??????

*looks around for calming shipper cookies. Marimba-I need a cookie*

LOL.....Just above your post pittsburhgirl and calm down ...we don't want to much tension around here ..It's enough with Sam and Jack

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    Spoiler:

Thread Spoilers Below

audition).

OMG

ensues.

unannounced like this.

about her dad.

So what do you think?!!!It came from the S/J group.

Caty
                    Um, WOW!!! Is that all there is? Is she going to post more? She said that she was an actress and that there were like 5 pages, wow. If that's just a hint, I'm getting excited! Hopefully, they won't mess it up later in the ep! Hopefully, they won't mess it up by
                    Spoiler:
                    having her decide to marry Pete anyway.
                    Oy, I can't even believe I said that. Sorry, I'm just really nervous that they're gonna mess this up! Oy.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      OMG, did you say this?!! That is too funny!! I just get strange looks from my friends who all think I'm nuts for being obsessed with a TV show!

As for the black plague, well I think that if you believe in reincarnation, you could blame Pete for all the ills the world has ever known. And, of course, he obviously hasn't atoned for anything so he keeps coming back as lower and lower forms of life. I think we have a perfect example in the slug that is Pete! Kind of a formless gelatinous mass, euwww! So there, I can now blame Pete for the black plague! His current form is proof positive that he did some really naughty things in the past and he's being punished. Unfortunately, I think he's cursed for doing so and spreads evil whereever he goes, so we're being punished just for laying eyes on him, oy!

See, I can now rationalize so well that I can blame Pete for ANYTHING! Gads, that snarky streak is taking over!
                      Yeah, I really did about the season eight. Sad, isn't it? LOL!

As far as the reincarnation thing.... well, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I'll bite just for the sake of blaming Pete for anything we can!

Comment

Thank goodness for the white spoiler space. I have will power and I won't break my new stance on spoilers.

I will not read spoilers, no matter how great they sound.
                        I will not read spoilers, not matter how terrible they sound.

I will not read them in a tree, I will not read them on the sea.
                        With spoilers, I will mind my biz. Forever Jack's girl, Sam she is.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Um, WOW!!! Is that all there is? Is she going to post more? She said that she was an actress and that there were like 5 pages, wow. If that's just a hint, I'm getting excited! Hopefully, they won't mess it up later in the ep! Hopefully, they won't mess it up by
                          Spoiler:
                          Oy, I can't even believe I said that. Sorry, I'm just really nervous that they're gonna mess this up! Oy.
                          Marimba,
                          Spoiler:
                          They CAN'T have Sam marry Pete now. If people neutral to ship, and the anti shippers have problems with her taking two weeks to say yes, then how much of a problem will people have with her saying she having doubts so close to the wedding then getting married anyway.

Did that make sense?
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Spoiler:
                            From what someone said, this was from the auditions sides. This could have been completely rewritten before it ever filmed. I don't want to smack anyone down, but I don't want to get anyones hopes up too high either.

As was mentioned earlier about TLC, and whoever you were, I apologize for forgetting your name, the original script and the final script can undergo massive revisions.

If it happens, it will be wonderful, and I believe that something will happen. It just might not be exactly this way. And who knows what will happen if S9 goes through.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                              Thank goodness for the white spoiler space. I have will power and I won't break my new stance on spoilers.

ship sistah
                              ROFLOL!!! Oh ship sistah, that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

ship sistah
                                LOL!! Ship sistah! You have a wonderful way with words. Your style seems familiar. Have I read your work somewhere before? *grins*

Comment

Working...
                                X