This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    *nods* I agree. There might be a few nutjobs here or there - don't point at me!- but I think, basically, we're a good group of fans.

*had considered joining Buff and Angel fandoms... until I found out how many ppl were against my preferred pairings - Buffy/Spike and Angel/Cordy. I couldn't take anymore anti-ship anger*

Sally
    Yep! I'm not sure whether I want to join the Alias fandom or not. I'm not sure I can take another fandom. I'm enjoying the show and I've found a few neat websites that heave nifty pics and such but I think I'll leave it there for now.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      No, you don't have to be a shipper to hate that ep! In fact, I read the reviews of a few antis that hated it as much as I did, scary thought. They're trying to please everyone and pleasing NO ONE in the process.
      Spoiler:
      I posted in the Affinity thread a few times and I thought it was funny that someone mentioned that if it weren't for Pete they thought the shippers would be calling this a good team ep. Um...team...what team? I don't remember seeing all four of them together in this ep AT ALL! Of course I responded that no, I wouldn't have thought that at all because even if you TAKE OUT PETE entirely, this ep would have STILL been pretty awful! I think I would prefer Unas eps and I HATE Unas eps!
      Gads! I'm ranting again!

Marimba ..

Why do you hate UNAS episodes?They are usually Daniel's episodes ...I'm not that keen on Daniel myself ....I like him but not more than that ...may be I think he 's too immature ...not sure why ...

...but anyway ...I thought they were interesting episodes....I'm not too keen on KHAKHAKAH language but that's all.

of course I only watch them once ..never twice .....not like Point of view or WOO ..which I could watch over and over again ...I just can't get enough of Sam and Jack ship....specially when it's well done ...and it used to be brilliant in season 3 and 4 ..TPTB were not scared to give us plenty of ship ..in a whole episode ...Now all we get is one scene per episode if that

caty

Comment

spoilers for affinity, season 8

Amanda said in an article:

"In Affinity there's a scene that after first reading it, I got on the phone to RCC and said 'My character would never say that' As the actress playing Sam and as somebody who probably has the most invested in her personally, I had some real issues with this scene. Rob, however came up with a very compelling argument in favour of the scene because it furthers Sam's relationship with Pete in a big way. We wound up doing it as written and I told Rob 'the fans are going to hate me' He said 'no they won't' and I was like 'oh yes they will' I'm praying they don't. In the end I understood what Rob meant. The scene is certainly going to stir up some more conflict for Sam in future
        episodes."

I'm thinking she meant the proposal and/or 'yes' scene. Amanda said because it furthers Sam's relationship with PS in a big way.

Sally
        AT was right; RCC should've listened to her. If you're right though, I see the light at the end of the tunel: AT didn't want Sam to say yes!

(((AT))) we still love you, we know you have to play the scenes like you're told. And we know you're a shipper at heart, cause Carter loves O'Neill, she adores him...<g>

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
          LOL. Don't remind me of Lauren. That was a frighteningly huge debacle. We are being nicer to Pete than we did with Lauren on Alias. I mean, Lauren was the COW. We made fun of her character to no end. And frankly, the show ended up being similarly cruel to her character's eventual fate in the end as well. Her appearance just put in a totally unwelcome wrench into the Sydney/Vaughn ship. And even for the non-shippers, she was annoying to a whole bunch of viewers. We'll just have to see what happens next season, should I actually change my mind and decide to watch it. Boy they messed up that show.

Back on actual topic, I still maintain the J/S shippers will win out in the end. Anything else would just be wrong. Even more so than on Alias.
          Well, I read something from J.J. Abrams, the creator/writer, and Abrams said that they had "really gotten off track" last season and that the whole thing was a "huge mistake" so at least they realize the error in their ways and are willing to move on. Unlike this PTB who insist on cramming Ptui down our throats and telling us what a great guy this stalker is. I'm about SICK of that!! I take stalking seriously and I think it's an abhorrence that they don't!! Oy, I'm ranting again! BTW, I still haven't watched all of the third season yet but at least in Alias we have the lovely love scene and all the good ship of season 2 to look at! None of that for Stargate! 19 seconds of kissing, all of which doesn't count as reality! And love scene? forget it! All we get from this PTB is Ptui crap! Okay, rant done!

Comment

*nods* I agree. There might be a few nutjobs here or there - don't point at me!- but I think, basically, we're a good group of fans.

*had considered joining Buff and Angel fandoms... until I found out how many ppl were against my preferred pairings - Buffy/Spike and Angel/Cordy. I couldn't take anymore anti-ship anger*

Sally
            There were also a lot of people for those pairings though. Unlike Stargate, the fans were much more evenly divided.

on another note, I think I'm being sucked in by Teyla/Shepard ship....nnnnooooooo!!!! I'm starting to love watching those two interact and look at the behind the scenes photos...crap! I said I wasn't gonna do this...

//I think it's amazing how many fans have been driven to the web in horror and/or looking for solace about the Sam/Pit debacle. what a huge, honkin mistake this all has been.//

yup, you'd think this would TELL TPTB something...wake up and smell the dead rotting fish you handed us...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              The gate is now on Sam's finger ..until "threads"

Caty
              Talking about Sam's finger...
              Spoiler:
              do you think we'll see her wearing her ring in the next episode?? Caue if she wears it on base it will keep giving Jack a reminder that shes engaged and we'll never see him smile!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                There were also a lot of people for those pairings though. Unlike Stargate, the fans were much more evenly divided.

on another note, I think I'm being sucked in by Teyla/Shepard ship....nnnnooooooo!!!! I'm starting to love watching those two interact and look at the behind the scenes photos...crap! I said I wasn't gonna do this...

//I think it's amazing how many fans have been driven to the web in horror and/or looking for solace about the Sam/Pit debacle. what a huge, honkin mistake this all has been.//

yup, you'd think this would TELL TPTB something...wake up and smell the dead rotting fish you handed us...

So Weir is not paired up with anybody yet....Sorry haven't watched Atalantis yet??

caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  I want to be a TOURIST for 3 years

I know I know that is NOT what you meant but it sure sounds good
                  Congrats!!!!
                  LOL!! Thank you. If I'm being honest, that's what made me want to do it in the first place! I want a job that will pay for me to got to other countries!

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin
                    I was chatting with CathySG1 to tell her of my latest analysis of Affinity and she suggested I post it here, so there you go.

Firstly, some of you might know that I'm a screenwriter -- and for those who didn't well... now ya know!
                    When you're writing a scene that's intended to be filmed, you can't write what's inside the character's mind as it is, you have to show what they think through actions, expressions, and so on. So this is only to say that I'm trying to base my analysis on facts and on things we've actually seen, not things we might project.
                    Secondly, I haven't been able to follow all the discussions about that episode, so if what i'm going to say has already been discussed, excuse me.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

When Sam, Teal'c and Daniel talk in Daniel's lab, Sam basically says that the perfect couple doesn't exist except in society standards.

Now, if we confront this to:
                    1- her later conversartion with Jack;
                    2- her hesitations;
                    3- her final response;
                    but most of all,
                    4- her inner conversations in "Grace" (and in particular that with Jacob)

It allows seeing the episode under a different light: is she "happy" or "content" with Pete? Is the fact she repeats "yes" three times more to convince herself that she's doing the right thing, or Pete?

I won't answer those questions, but I believe they put an interesting perspective on Affinity, and looking backwards, on Grace and Chimera.
                    Interesting way to think about it. I think I'll have to ponder the whole thing with that in mind and hopefully it will make more sense...

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                      Money talks and Potatoe heads walk!!!

waterfall
                      Ha! thats great!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                        Spoilers for Season 8: Affinity inward...

Spoiler:
                        Didn't DDL say in his interview that he was in Sacrifices as well? He then added that he was coming back in August to film another episode, which we now know is Threads. I can't remember. I'll have to go find that interview.
                        He said it. It was in the most recent interview on GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          So Weir is not paired up with anybody yet....Sorry haven't watched Atalantis yet??

caty
                          Wier has got a husband/Boyfriend that she left back on Earth....
                          The guy who plays him is the guy who played Narim in Stargate.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Gads! I'm ranting again!
                            Rant away marimba. We're all in the same boat. Or should I say, We're all on the same ship?
                            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree. The whole rant with Daniel and Teal'c is the kind of thing Sam would say and made sense within the flow of the episode. At her age, she would feel societal pressure. Any woman past a certain age who doesn't have a husband and kids gets pressure from family, friends co-workers and all kinds of places to settle down and reproduce. Taking her rant out of that scene wouldn't change much of anything going forward. The part that was a bit out of range for Sam that does change things going forward is the sudden yes at the end. There really wasn't any lead-up to it. Look at what we saw in this plot. We got shock at being asked, doubts marriage could fit in her life, some angst over Jack, frustration at society's pressure to couple, and a yes. One of these things is not like the other. One of these things isn't the same.

Actually, the other scene it could have been was the proposal scene itself. I could see there being issues with Sam coming off as desperate in the bit where she talks about being happy he didn't run way when he found out the truth of her career. That was ... odd. I could see objections to that being allayed with some of the same statements. Either way, it's the yes or settin up Sam being desperate enough for a real life to say yes. It's pretty much the same problem: not seeing Sam as being the type to settle.

And I'd imagine this whole thing has gone way past what Amanda wanted from a non-dead boyfriend. Getting engaged goes way past obligatory boyfriend level. It also doesn't make much sense from what we've seen of their relationship so far -- which is next to nothing once you ignore Fifth. In the first episdoe, it's a rocky beginning. In the second, there's a proposal. Um, did we skip something maybe? Or maybe not, Sam clearly had not been thinking marriage at that point. The only part that doesn't make sense character-wise is the yes. And it amuses me to no end that Amanda apparently got an answer more along the lines of 'because it'll create drama and move the plot forward' than a solid answer to her characterization issue.
                              Very interesting point.
                              Spoiler:
                              I think it's probably the yes now that you put it that way. Why would she be desperate enough to say yes? It doesn't make sense. I can also see RCC arguing with this what with his issues and all. Yes, it does move the plot forward and yes, it creates drama. Even if the drama it creates has a soapy feeling to it. Why create drama and write yourself into a corner with it? It just seems to me that they are writing themselves into a corner where Jack runs in at the last minute and saves the day. Kind of makes Sam look foolish that she doesn't know what she wants. Heck, she doesn't even know what she DOESN'T want. I think even knowing what she doesn't want would be a vast improvement. Then she might actually have some direction. No one is realistically torn about such a situation for this long, oy. I'm just really beginning to hate the way Sam is being protrayed by the writers. Makes me mad as a fan AND as a woman.

Comment

Yep! I'm not sure whether I want to join the Alias fandom or not. I'm not sure I can take another fandom. I'm enjoying the show and I've found a few neat websites that heave nifty pics and such but I think I'll leave it there for now.
                                yeah, I don't have time for another fandom, and I haven't seen enough ALias yet anyhow...meimei's link didn't work last night; the site won't let me DL...

~Imzadi

Comment

Working...
                                X