This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    I don't really feel it has become the *Sam Carter* show...I was meaning more that when Sam talks about her relationships it is *always* just her she talks about.

I think as far as the show itself is concerned All of the charcaters have had pretty equal screen time and I have enjoyed that.

Although I am happy that CJ has had some forefront screen time lately. Out of all of the Characters I know Teal'c has had episodes that centered around him but for the first time CJ has had some REAL meaty material to work with to show HIS range as an actor and that has been fabulous.

Daniel has had a lot of screen time in MANY episodes so I don't feel he has ever been slighted the same with Sam & Jack. RDA has kind of dictated that So I don't feel either one of them has been slighted either

So as far as the show overall being focused on one specific character I don't think so But that is JMHO and I know others feel different.
    I agree w/you Tame. It hasn't (yet) turned into the SC show. It's just as the 2IC (or I guess that's 1IC now??) she's going to get more screentime, just from the story arc angle.

And then you've got the RDA screentime/worktime issue & I think in most of the articles we've had links to in this Thread to in the past month, most of the TPTB interviewed stated less of RDA did indeed mean that they would focus more on the other characters...
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hi-well I guess I am going to be the cynic in this Pete as Hallucination-I believe him to be very real. Unless the second half of season 7 and uptil now has been one whacky dream (and someone please hand Sam a towel-I don't want puddles on the floor)-how is that Teal'c knew who he was-he asked about Pete while they were on their way to find the Asgaard. As much as I would dearly love for this man to be a fig newton of our imagination....

Marimba-i need shipper cookies-and quickly-i'm feeling fain.......
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        Yep, talking about the last one, which I actually haven't seen but I begged hubs to tel lme what happened so he did. Unfortunately, TPTB over at the networks have decided that we will not get Season 4 of Alias until JANUARY!!! How lame is that? I'm gonna have to stretch out Season 3 (DVD) or maybe watch them all over again. I am SO loving this Syd and Vaughn thing.

yeah Syd and Vaugh ..very good but Will and Syd ..it's good also ..Will is such a sweetie .. I really like him too ..What 'bout you Marimba?!!!

caty

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
          I don't think I could say this better. Astute, well-thought-out, and right on target. If I were you, I'd put a stamp on it and send it as a letter.
          i would if i thought it would make any diffrence at this late stage

Spoiler:
          Jack was so sweet and that scene broke my heart. The look on his face spoke volumes.

I'm still cringing over the fact that he didn't stop her but the more I think about it, the more I realize that there was nothing he *could* say. If he says don't do it, what's she going to think?
          i think he thinks the choice has to be hers and hers completely. problem is, he's up against someone who's not above a bit of manipulation..well, quite a lot of emotional manipulation. playing fair doesn't always work when the other guy is playing dirty..but all kudos and respect to jack for still being like that.

Spoiler:

As for the stalker comment, you're right. It's not funny. It's insulting and demeaning to the fans. And it's just about the proverbial last straw where I'm concerned. Even after Chimera, I didn't seriously consider leaving the show but that little comment made me seriously consider it. And the fact that I considered it, even for a moment, makes me VERY unhappy. I find myself saying and feeling a lot of things that I didn't feel 48 hours ago and I don't like it.

i know. i hate the fact that i'm unhappy with a show i've adored and and been constantly amazed with for eight years..and i'm upset they're just dismissing and making fun of fans like that

Spoiler:

I thought the little speech same made about the ideal was crap. Complete and total crap. A device to tell us that hey, "she can't have Jack, so she decides that she doesn't believe in true love anyway". It's a Cop-out (pun intended, maybe *that's* why he's a cop...)! It's a flimsy way to say that Pete is better than nothing...um...no, PTB, he's not. As one who is now in a happy marriage for several years but was previously in an unhappy one, I can honestly say that if had my choice between reliving that bad marriage and being alone for the rest of my life--I would GLADLY choose alone, EVERY TIME!!
          exactly
          Spoiler:
          women DO NOT NEED TO BE MARRIED!!!. and i'm so sorry that a character that i've hero-worshipped for years, and held up to myself as an example that women can be equal to men in every way and do not need a man to complete them, should suddenly give in to the same social pressures i've resisted, and become less than she deserves by marrying pete

i'm hoping they can still pull this off. that this'll all turn out to be some amazing sci-fi story arc, or that it'll be settled by sam becoing the woman she used to be. and stargate has surprised me before, so maybe that'll happen
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
            I know what u mean and I'm only 16!!! My dad's side of the family are Catholic and are completely obsessed wiv that! If you're not married with a kid by the age of 19 it's like there's something wrong with u! I mean, for cryin' out loud, do I *really* need a boyfriend right now?!? Everytime I see one of them I dread the moment when someone asks me "So, have you got a boyfriend yet?" or, my fave, the "are you seeing anyone at school?" to which I usually reply "Well that would be pretty hard since I'm in an all GIRLS school!" - NO and I don't WANT a friggin' boyfriend (or girlfriend as some people seem to think) at the moment thankyou v.much!
            I get that too, though more from a society point of view than a religious one. Most of my family is Catholic, but very few are particularly devout. It's true though that society puts a lot of pressure on people to be in a relationship. It's like there's something wrong with you if you don't always want to be with someone...I'm like you, I just don't want a boyfriend, but I get funny looks whenever I say that!

Possible spoilers, Affinity & Grace

As far as Sam is concerned, I like the fact that she is an independent woman who doesn't need a man to complete her. I hate that they seem to be changing that aspect of the character. I didn't like the implication made in Grace that she does need a man to be happy but I took it, as I think someone else already said, as Sam believing that Jacob just wants her to have the same happiness that he had with his wife. However, from what I've heard of Affinity, they do seem to be going down that road with Sam, and I really don't like it. I'm sorry, I know I'm repeating what a lot of people have said!

Edited to add: Yay, I'm a super soldier!!

Comment

You know when you really think about it.....Sam REALLY does make it *all about her* Jack just listens patiently....

Grace - he wasn't REALLY there so thats out
              But in any other episode Jack just listens as Sam prattles on about her needs , her wants , her desires. We NEVER hear her ask about Jack UNTIL NOW and THAT is AFTER
              Spoiler:
              she hands him a ring she has been given from another man - oh yeah THAT is going to inspire Jack to pour out his heart

Do the writers EVER venture out into the REAL WORLD????

Thank you! That's what I've been saying. For Sam it's all about "me, me, me"!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                Lunar
                Caty
                Marimba
                Tame
                Mei Mei
                Kri
                Kiwigater
                Critter
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Ok it's time to issue to all residents of Shipper Town who exhibited courage above and beyond the call of duty by watching A$$inity their Shipper medal of courage.

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                  Lunar
                  Caty
                  Marimba

Please insert your name
                  Me too, Michelle B. actually, i'll have to watch it twice. i've watched it once on squinty vision, and i'll have to watch it again when it's on here in the uk.
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
                    Well if Jack began to talk about her relationship with Pete I'd start to worry . Seriously, it is *her* relationship so it can only be *her* talking about it. What could Jack possible say that won't make her jump him. The fact that it is so much (and always the same) is I think partly our 'fault'. TPTB try so hard to make us see their pov - giving us explanations why she is together with Pete - that they don't recognize that we don't care why she is with Pete. We just don't want him 'cause Sam and Jack belong together and that's that.

Estelle xxx

Sorry Tame had to edit my post 'cuz I just saw that I mis-read your post. Can you explain to me what you mean by 'it's always just her she talks about'? I don't really get that. Whom should she talk about?

Estelle xxx

It really is the writers I am annoyed with Estelle.....I know that the script is Sam talking to Jack about *whatever* .......

I WISH she would ask Jack about his feelings and thoughts...............BUT that would mean that they would be having..........GASP

An ADULT CONVERSATION .......and we know that can't happen just yet ....

it is just me annoyed about that aspect of things and I am just venting about it and blaming the character instead f the RIGHT people... the writers
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                      exactly
                      Spoiler:
                      women DO NOT NEED TO BE MARRIED!!!. and i'm so sorry that a character that i've hero-worshipped for years, and held up to myself as an example that women can be equal to men in every way and do not need a man to complete them, should suddenly give in to the same social pressures i've resisted, and become less than she deserves by marrying pete

i'm hoping they can still pull this off. that this'll all turn out to be some amazing sci-fi story arc, or that it'll be settled by sam becoing the woman she used to be. and stargate has surprised me before, so maybe that'll happen
                      Spoiler:
                      That's what's getting to me too. I hate it that TPTB use the -a woman needs a man to complete her life- excuse for Sam to be with someone. This doesn't make her a very likeable character, because not only is she betraying her feelings for Jack and hurting him, but she is also setting a bad sign for women namely that they have to settle for family life.

Maybe I'm to biased to judge this objectively, but I can't help myself *shrugs*.

Estelle xxx
                      Abu: This is a woman?
                      O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                      O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                      Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                      Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                      Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                      Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        Hi-well I guess I am going to be the cynic in this Pete as Hallucination-I believe him to be very real. Unless the second half of season 7 and uptil now has been one whacky dream (and someone please hand Sam a towel-I don't want puddles on the floor)-how is that Teal'c knew who he was-he asked about Pete while they were on their way to find the Asgaard. As much as I would dearly love for this man to be a fig newton of our imagination....

Marimba-i need shipper cookies-and quickly-i'm feeling fain.......
                        If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, I don't think that Teal'c asked Sam about by name when they were on their way to the Asgard because I was wondering if maybe he was actually asking about Jack.

As for being an hallucination, I sort of like the idea although, as others have said, I doubt TPTB would come up with that long of a story arc. Plus it REALLY would make Sam look weak if that whole issue was all in her head. She'd really need Jack then, though, wouldn't she?
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                          i know. i hate the fact that i'm unhappy with a show i've adored and and been constantly amazed with for eight years..and i'm upset they're just dismissing and making fun of fans like that
                          Possible spoilers, Chimera & Affinity

I completely agree with you. It's not unreasonable for fans to be unhappy that someone in the show was stalking his gf, of all people, and nothing is said about it. Putting in a comment like that makes it seem like they're just not taking the issue seriously, and it shows a disrespect for the fans too. I hate that, because I do like TPTB on Stargate. I've never seen them show that attitude to the fans of the show before, and I admit, I'm kinda disappointed in them for it. That sounds really condescending, and I don't mean it to be, that's just how I feel about it.

Comment

It really is the writers I am annoyed with Estelle.....I know that the script is Sam talking to Jack about *whatever* .......

I WISH she would ask Jack about his feelings and thoughts...............BUT that would mean that they would be having..........GASP

An ADULT CONVERSATION .......and we know that can't happen just yet ....

it is just me annoyed about that aspect of things and I am just venting about it and blaming the character instead f the RIGHT people... the writers
                            I feel with you (((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))))))). Unfortunately I can't do anything else but offer you some of the really strong shipper cookies I stored for emergencies *gives Tame a dozen*, cuz I gotta go now, my better half wants the computer *scowls at him*.

Estelle xxx
                            Abu: This is a woman?
                            O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                            O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                            Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                            Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                            Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                            Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Thank you! That's what I've been saying. For Sam it's all about "me, me, me"!
                              Unfortunately Estelle made me face the fact that it is *the writers8 that are at fault here....Because if Sam ACTUALLY asked about Jack......well you know what would happen Ship Nana................................

yes and ADULT CONVERSATION and they can't have that
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Oh Bucky! I think you have put your finger on it exactly!!!!!!!!!

Everything you said in your spoiler is absolutely the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                                I hope Jacob is the one to see thru the front that Sam has put up and help her realize that she doesn't want 2nd best. He needs to take her by the shoulders and shake some sense into that daughter of his. And I certainly hope that he doesn't die. I really like Jacob/Selmac.
                                I really like Jacob/Selmac too. He is such a strong and logical character. I love the shows he is in. He and Jack are fun together.
                                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Working...
                                X