Ship Nana
    Lunar
    Caty
    Marimba
    Tame
    Mei Mei
    Kri
    Critter

Courtesty of Ship Nana....I swiped it from her to add names ((((Tame))))

I swiped it too, but it didn't come out as pretty Critter
    I watched it too!! I just haven't been able to get onto GW until today.

So, my thoughts are as follows:

Spoiler:
    I cannot believe that the writers threw in that "stalker" comment. I was totally ticked off that they would even put that in there. IMO, that was a slap in the face to the fans. I'm sorry, but you don't treat me like I don't matter. If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't be here. So treat us with respect. This is an episode that I will not watch again - in either reruns or DVD. And, please. You're in the middle of trying to find out where the NID people went. This is not a time for making out! I'm stepping off my soapbox now.

Anyway, the tiny bright spot was the conversation between Sam and Jack. They left that WIDE open. It could be deciphered in several ways. The entire Teal'c storyline was great. And, come on, who didn't love Daniel in this one?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      ROFLMAOO
      Ok ALL of that went through his mind ???? ........Jack is such a GUY!!! sheesh
      Oh you meant it was just one of those ..........ok But I am STILL sticking to my original thought
      I KNOW he was kicking homself in the a$$ no matter WHAT!!!!!
      LMAO!!! Funny, I go to bed and three minutes later, you show up! How's that for timing?
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinrai
        I'm not sure if this needs a spoiler warning, but just in case (refers to "Grace")...
        Spoiler:
        I thought it was strange at the end of Grace when, just as Sam is going back to sleep, she hears "Twinkle Little Star". Maybe you're on to something.
        Also, did we ever find out who Grace really was? I know she was supposedly an alien, but I doubt the little girl known as "Grace" would actually be the alien's true form. I thought maybe she was supposed to be Sam as a little girl.
        Yeah, I'm hoping it's all somebody's idea of a sick joke, sort of like the end of Farscape. Hubs and I have a friend who's a rabid Farscape fan and the last time they discussed the upcoming movie, the convo went something like this...

Hubs--I don't know how they're gonna do a movie when the two main characters got blown away at the end.

Friend--Oh, don't worry, Chryton (sp?) has come back from much worse.

I LMAO at this. Hopefully this is all just a dream!

Comment

See I agree here
          Spoiler:
          I firmly believe he was talking about the HERE & NOW when he said that. Sam has always made this about her...What is she willing to do - In Grace "What if *I* quit the Air Force... She has never asked Jack what he would do....

But it all comes back to one GLARING DETAIL!! TPTB have never allowed them to have an adult conversation so how the heck can either Sam or Jack make any decisions about HOW the OTHER one feels
          Ya know I'm kinda getting sick and tired of hearing Sam basically say "me, me, me". "I want, I feel, I deserve".

Well what the heck about Jack? What is good for him, what does he want, why isn't she concerned about that and him?
          Ship Nana

Comment

I agree as well
            Spoiler:

But then again what else was Jack gonna do.....EXCEPT make some freakin cryptic remark........as usual. I do think that he was Shell-Shocked as well and really had no clue what to say as far as his own personal feelings

He seemed to come with a very *controlled* response "And yet you haven't said No" very monotone delivery by RDA...so it seemed like it was supposed to convey a very tightly reined in Jack.

and then again it could just be me projecting yet again
            I don't think you're projecting at all.
            Spoiler:
            He did seem to be wound pretty tight. Masterful performance on RDA's part.

Comment

I am a permanent resident of the Gutter and proud of it

I WISH Star Gate would have been on when I was on bed rest with my twins!!!! I was stuck with *ladies* from church sitting with me at my house each day *in case* for two weeks...........OY .........can I blame Pete for that somehow
              Honey, you can blame anything you want on Pete! Personally, I'm looking for a way to connect him to the black plague!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                Hi, ALL! It's been a long road...
                Too bad Gateworld's been chewing my computer and spitting it back out, or else I would have been on this forum at least two weeks ago. Anyway, it's good to be back and to know that the shippers may thrive once more, thanks to some fuel, I like to call: Affinity.

Ah... Affinity. So I had prepared myself for certain things (spoiler space required?), but I DEFINITELY was not prepared for her questions.

AFFINITY SPOILERS

Shock One: Jack acknowledges that he's worried about her. Most anti-shippers find a friendship between these two impossible, but obviously SOMETHING is there, for crying out loud! I'm glad Jack asked her what was wrong.

Shock Two: Sam shows Jack the ring. What the heck! So wasn't expecting that! His knee-jerk reaction was most likely masked, and yes, yes, yes, he definitely snapped that sucker shut, causing her to wince.

Shock Three: Sam goes off on a tangent, talking personal stuff like "leaving loved ones, maternity leave, daycare and the like." Weird! Weird, but not uncharacteristic, I would assume, considering it most likely has been plaguing her mind since her biological clock started the klaxons.

Shock Four, Five, Six, Seven, and Eight: Sam QUESTIONS him about what THEY HAVE! Oh, good Lord, I almost had a heart attack. The fact that she asked him... Oh man. And his answer? Quite possibly the shippiest thing I've heard since "Beneath the Surface." Wow.

Phew. Now that I have THAT out... I want Threads to come now. Right now. Like closer than now. Like now.

Now?

PS - Hey Tame! How's it hangin'?

Ya know I am more worried about Threads than I was about A$$inity. We knew what to expect with A$$inity but Threads is definitely an unknown quantity!

Getting real nervous about this one!
                Ship Nana

Comment

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                  Lunar
                  Caty
                  Marimba
                  Tame
                  Mei Mei
                  Kri
                  Kiwigater
                  Ship Nana

Comment

I am a permanent resident of the Gutter and proud of it

I WISH Star Gate would have been on when I was on bed rest with my twins!!!! I was stuck with *ladies* from church sitting with me at my house each day *in case* for two weeks...........OY .........can I blame Pete for that somehow
                    Uh, I don't know how you could blame Pete for that, Tame. Aren't your twins in high school now...

Oh, what the heck! Blame him anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      [snip]
                      As much as I like this Pete as Chimera idea (and it would make a sick sort of sense), how do we explain the times people have talked about Pete, and the whole Sam-Jack scene in Affinity?? DOes this mean she hallucinated the whole thing, ring and all?? it would be cool tho!! *evil laugh*
                      [snip]
                      Spoiler:
                      Think about it, when was the last time you've actually seen someone from the SGC besides Sam have a face to face convo with Pete? Can't remember an occasion myself. Even when he 'busted' into that warehouse with Sam, did Daniel say, "Hey Pete, thanks for all your help"? Um...no. In Chimera, did we see Sam ask anyone if she could tell Pete? Um...no. Did we see anyone else in the room with him when he was in the SGC (even nurses)? Um...no. Even when Sam said "Pete's been hit" to Jack in Chimera, Jack didn't acknowledge his existence at all. He looked at SAM. At the end of Insanity, they look at SAM. And the acceptance scene happens over by the car, no witnesses.
                      Hmmm, coincidence? I think not!

Now, Tame is right in the respect that this would require a lot of imagination on the part of PTB...

Comment

Ya know at first I just walked away from this scene in disgust....mainly because
                        Spoiler:

Sam had said Yes...but when I watched again I was like ....WHY would Sam ....ALLOW this AT a crime scene....AND discuss matters of National security in a PLAYGROUND ........

Then I decided that it was because she has to be in mid-life crisis.....Why else would Sam being doing so many things that are just freakin ridiculous
                        Midlife Crisis? Gads, I hope so! Personally, I wish she'd just gotten a nice screaming yellow sports car (my dad's midlife crisis)

Comment

ROFLMAO at this
                          I have this picture of the entire Shipper community standing in front of TPTB like a scene from "Gangs of New York"....taunting them .....Yah Bring it on!!!! we can deal with the likes of youse!!!!! too funny
                          Now, there's an image!

Comment

I go back and forth with this.
                            One day I want female writers and then other days I don't.
                            Why???
                            well let's face it we women aren't always the kindest to our own gender and I worry that a female writer might make Sam even MORE unpaletable

BUT on the other hand who BUT A WOMAN would understand the trials and tribulation that Sam would deal with and convey that with concise writing and clarity.......

so you see I am just screwed here cause I have no idea if it would work out better or worse.

Maybe they should just pick some of OUR FF writers and go with them!!!!
                            Yeah, maybe they should hire some of the FF writers!! While it's true what you said about women being harder on their own sex, I don't envision female writers voluntarily making Sam go from strong, independent woman to doormat in two small steps! I'm sure that there are women writers who write doormats but I just can't imagine a woman writing a scenario where it's okay for a strong independent woman to accept stalking as normal behavior. I know that I wouldn't accept stalking as normal behavior!!!!!! That comment from Friday night single-handedly set the women of Stargate back YEARS and personally I'm extremely offended that tey would blow off such a serious issue--goes to show you why they need to hire a few female writers. Then maybe they could keep a little perspective! *steps down from soapbox*

Comment

[snip]
                              I would have loved to have seen Teal'c....."Do the Hustle"
                              ROFLMAOOOO!!! I think I can get behind that idea! *I was having 70's flashbacks the whole time*

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                That comment from Friday night single-handedly set the women of Stargate back YEARS and personally I'm extremely offended that tey would blow off such a serious issue
                                I take it that's the line that Amanda's quoted as saying "Oh my God, the fans are going to HATE me!!!!" for? And here I was thinking that it couldn't get any worse than "yes"!

Don't worry Amanda we don't hate you, it's the writer's fault!
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X