X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    See I agree here
    Spoiler:
    I firmly believe he was talking about the HERE & NOW when he said that. Sam has always made this about her...What is she willing to do - In Grace "What if *I* quit the Air Force... She has never asked Jack what he would do....

But it all comes back to one GLARING DETAIL!! TPTB have never allowed them to have an adult conversation so how the heck can either Sam or Jack make any decisions about HOW the OTHER one feels
    Is it just me or is it all about Sam a lot lately?
    Spoiler:
    Seems like everytime she's with Jack it's all about her. I think Jack has been unselfish with her the whole time and she doesn't seem to recognize it. He'd give it all up for her if she just said the word and I think if she didn't take that away from their convo in Affinity then she's not as smart as I thought!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
      Lunar
      Caty
      Marimba
      Tame
      Mei Mei
      Kri

Courtesty of Ship Nana....I swiped it from her to add names
      Still reading several pages back...but could you add me?

Bucky

Comment

Spoiler:
        I guess I am going to be the detractor here.
        I really felt that EVERYONE's performance was a bit *flat*
        Even RDA in the office scenes ( I was impressed in the Lab, only one)
        CJ and MS had it turn up a little more but overall I really felt like even the cast felt this was a *bad* episode. It may have been the way it was edited that made the cast just seem like they were there that day getting a paycheck. This is TOTALLY my personal opinion
        But I just felt NO JUICE from anyone about the whole episode.
        RDA shined in that one moment in the lab - and there were little moments for each of the cast but it just wasn't what I have always seen from the cast especially this season.
        Spoiler:
        Well I guess if I had nothing to work with, I'd probably turn in a less than stellar performance as well! I think you're right that they might have felt this was a bad ep all the way around.

Personally, what I meant was that the two of them did a great job in the lab scene. They didn't have a whole lot to work with in that dialogue but I came away from it affected--good acting IMHO. The editing of the ep was terrible, the filming style was worse, and the writing, well, I just won't go into that. RDA and AT pulled off an admirable job in the lab though. Broke my heart. All in the subtleties and the looks. A case of excellent acting covering up for not so good everything else.

The rest of the ep was a wash for me. The rest certainly wasn't the best work any of them have ever done. I'm usually not so negative, I seem to be able to find the good in most every ep but I just couldn't in this one. I just didn't see it. A real shame for CJ and MS who can act but weren't given a whole lot to work with here. Anyway, Just MHO folks, feel free to disagree. I'm just not sure I can watch it again to decide if I'm gonna change my mind so I'll stick with this opinion for now.

Comment

Assorted replies as I come to them. Still about five pages behind:

[QUOTE=Marimba26] Gads! I SOOOOOO agreed with you!!
          Spoiler:
          What was Jack’s problem? He had the PERFECT opportunity to give her an out and he DIDN’T!! I wanted to pop him one. She was waiting for him to stop her and he just stood there!! *HEAVY sigh*

I agree as well
          Spoiler:

But then again what else was Jack gonna do.....EXCEPT make some freakin cryptic remark........as usual. I do think that he was Shell-Shocked as well and really had no clue what to say as far as his own personal feelings

He seemed to come with a very *controlled* response "And yet you haven't said No" very monotone delivery by RDA...so it seemed like it was supposed to convey a very tightly reined in Jack.

and then again it could just be me projecting yet again
          Nope. That’s what I saw, too.

Ya know at first I just walked away from
          Spoiler:
          the proposal/clinch scene
          in disgust....mainly because
          Spoiler:

Sam had said Yes...but when I watched again I was like ....WHY would Sam ....ALLOW this AT a crime scene....AND discuss matters of National security in a PLAYGROUND ........

Then I decided that it was because she has to be in mid-life crisis.....Why else would Sam being doing so many things that are just freakin ridiculous

Bad bad writing and too little time allotted for the episode. I figure the writers wanted to end the episode on Teal'c, so they had to wrap up the
          Spoiler:
          Sam/Pete
          storyline quickly. But
          Spoiler:
          it just made her look *very unprofessional* to be making out at a crime scene--him too, for that matter. Even people who approved of S/P over in the Episode thread thought this was too much. A kiss to seal the engagement, , but save the snogging for later. Sheesh.

Bucky

Comment

GADS you would think that Sam would have learned by now!!!!!!!
            Didn't they have a thing in the old days about be-heading the writer if the play was bad..... I am only joking!!!!
            ROFL!! I think that was "Alice in Wonderland" but the sentiment is pretty funny! Maybe it's based on a real monarch...

Comment

MEMO: To PTBS
              Subject: How to write Ship

Gentleman it has come to our attention that you might be stumped about how to write *proper ship* please see the above example as a well thought out plan of action.

Thank you
              TFTC (the fans that care)
              Cute! Like the new abbreviation, TFTC, works for me!

Comment

Just so you know I am telling her that you called her a *wif*
                She knows

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  Yep! I was telling a friend that on a scale of 1-10 - 10 being the full load of pain - Affinity got a 5.5. Chimera got an 11.

Sally
                  Well, I guess our pain tolerances are totally different LOL. On the 1-10 pain scale, Chimera got a 6 just for the sheer vomit factor. Worse than having the flu, vomit-wise. This one got that same 6 for the vomit factor. But on an emotional pain scale, this one was off the charts for me. Like having a kidney stone in my heart! Awful! Guess I can handle the vomit factor now but the emotional pain of that scene tore my poor shippy heart to ribbons.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    <snip>

AFFINITY SPOILERS

<snip>

Shock Four, Five, Six, Seven, and Eight: Sam QUESTIONS him about what THEY HAVE! Oh, good Lord, I almost had a heart attack. The fact that she asked him... Oh man. And his answer? Quite possibly the shippiest thing I've heard since "Beneath the Surface." Wow.

Phew. Now that I have THAT out... I want Threads to come now. Right now. Like closer than now. Like now.

Now?

PS - Hey Tame! How's it hangin'?
                    ROFL at that last bit! Welcome back, Spaz!!! Nice to see you again! Not quite sure what you mean by this last shock though. Could you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                      Here's a little something to cheer y'all up. It's a music video Lena and I made. The song is "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. Maybe it helps to bring back our mojo. Here's the link:

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm
                      CoffeeGirl!! This is great! I d/l the small version since I have dial up and the larger version would take forever, but now I am going back for the larger version! This is definately a keeper! And just goes to show that the European versions of the DVD's have better stuff on them!! My DVD's don't have all of those clips!!!!

(Mei Mei is doing some serious pouting here!!!)

Great vid!!! Definate pick me up!

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                        Here's a little something to cheer y'all up. It's a music video Lena and I made. The song is "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. Maybe it helps to bring back our mojo. Here's the link:

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm
                        Oh, I LOVED that, CoffeeGirl!! You guys did a great job! Just grinned all the way through! Loved all the silliness and smiles! It's was really cool that you threw in all the kisses too!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          spoilers for affinity, season 8

I said:

Ooh, you're reminding me of that scene! That's right, Sam was going on and on about society making ppl feel like they need to be paired off... wonder if that's part of why Sam went ahead and said yes? Not from society's pressures per se, but her own self-inflicted pressures to have that life she'd been missing?.... hmm, more reasons to rewatch this ep.

Originally posted by michelleb
                          yeah, cos all single women are bidget jones, and we’d anything to be married. That attitude makes me so mad i could spew!!!
                          And remember, she said all that AFTER she got the ring from Pete! Doubts, and doubts galore!

Sally
                          Spoilers continue:

We seem to be on the same page about this scene, Sally. I suspect Sam’s diatribe was the speech AT didn’t want to say. *IF* so, (big IF—I could be way off) I think I’m beginning to see where Cooper is going with this. I didn’t hear Sam saying all women would do anything to get married. To me it sounded like she was complaining that one the one hand SOCIETY pushes single people to pair off, but on the other hand SOCIETY insists they pair off with ‘ideal romantic partners.’ So I heard her saying she didn’t necessarily want to marry anybody. And that for sure, Pete is not her ideal romantic partner. To me it meant she had to talk herself into settling—first into accepting the idea that if she was going ‘have a life’--which seems to mean a family—Pete is the only one who meets all the necessary criteria: he loves her, he knows about her work and is okay with it, he’s available without any problem with regulations. She does like him. She’s convinced herself that’s enough.

I’m with you in seeing that subdued acceptance as meaning that she’s happy about making a decision, not that she’s in love.

I’m wondering, though, if Jacob will have a say in this.

Spoilers for “Threads” and “Grace”
                          Spoiler:
                          While aboard the Prometheus, Sam’s hallucination of Jacob told her that he wanted her to experience the love he had shared with her mother. I think that’s probably an accurate assessment of what the real Jacob would say. But even if he says, as rumored, that he’s sorry he won’t be at her wedding, I think at some point he will say something that will get her to acknowledge that what she has with Pete is ‘nice’ but not what he meant. Jacob said that even knowing his wife would die fairly young, even knowing he would suffer such grief from her death, he would do it all over again to be with her. I can’t see Sam saying that about being with Pete. I can see her saying that about being with Jack—even if they never get to consummate their relationship. If Jacob or anyone forces her to think about it, I think she’ll say that she wouldn’t give up the past eight years even if she knew going in what would happen. And from there, I think if pushed, she would choose eight traumatic years of Jack—even as only her commanding officer—over a future of mild bliss with Pete. And when she realizes that, she’ll know what kind of mistake she’s made.

Bucky

Comment

Glad you liked it! There's no better song to cheer me up. With any luck, we'll show it at this year's German City Con in December. AT, Peter DeLuise, Colin Cunningham and The Guy Who Plays Ba'al will be there.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

That was a great vid. I moved that one to the top of my playlist. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                yeah the tortute was quickly done in Alias ..hey ..PLUS AS you said nobody blamed Vaughn cuz he thought she was dead ...mind you he was still a bit fast to get married .....but anyway ..I missed the last 3 episodes of season 3 ...I suppose you are taling about one of them ...hey ....or season 4???

Caty
                                Yep, talking about the last one, which I actually haven't seen but I begged hubs to tel lme what happened so he did. Unfortunately, TPTB over at the networks have decided that we will not get Season 4 of Alias until JANUARY!!! How lame is that? I'm gonna have to stretch out Season 3 (DVD) or maybe watch them all over again. I am SO loving this Syd and Vaughn thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X