This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    OK, to be polite, I'm adding SPOILER SPACE.....
    oh my, that is so true..thanks, i needed that giggle
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac
      Warning....shallow moment ahead:
      Ohhh did you see Tealc's muscles??
      Ohhh did you see Daniel out in the sunshine?
      But Ohhhhhhh did you see Jack in that tight black shirt?
      The Stargate men were lookin fine tonight!
      yes, indeed, i did enjoy all the men tonight..it was only the shallow lusting after daniel going all gaga after that girl, teal'c threatening that guy that he would kill him where he stood, daniel being dead cool and sexy until the coffee cup exploded, and then being funny, and jack being rude to that guy then wandering around in a black t-shirt that kept me from completely drowning in my tears

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        Spoilers space for S8's Affinity ahead

Ooh, you're reminding me of that scene! That's right, Sam was going on and on about society making ppl feel like they need to be paired off... wonder if that's part of why Sam went ahead and said yes? Not from society's pressures per se, but her own self-inflicted pressures to have that life she'd been missing?.... hmm, more reasons to rewatch this ep.

Sally

yeah, cos all single women are bridget jones, and we'd anything to be married. that attitude makes me so mad i could spew!!!!!

Comment

oh god, he's
          Spoiler:
          crying!!! his eyes are all red and he's crying!!! i couldn't see that in squinty vision. oh, i can't take one more moment of this. please, please, PLEASE, PTB, make jack happy, let him have sam, SOON. i can't stand another minute of jack being upset!! it's not fair, and it's not right.

great, now i'm going to cry

Comment

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! My fellow fans and Shippers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Shippers fails, when we forget our favorite episodes and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of Pete and shattered hopes, when seasons and seasons of Shippyness come crashing down, but it is not this day! This day, we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth (and elsewhere), I bid you - stand, Shippers!"*
            wow. suddenly..i'm inspired! i feel...more certain!!! doubts are dissapaiting... wait..what's this strange new feeling rising up inside me..could it be..is it..yes..it's HOPE. maybe you're right!!! maybe we can prevail!!! we can win through, and though some will fall under the power of , twenty other shippers will rise and take our place!!! THE SHIP WILL NEVER FAIL!!!!

This day will go down in history as the day we faced out darkest foe, the mighty and prevailed!!! we shall end this day bloody, battered and worn, but victorious!!!

WE SHALL, THIS DAY, LIGHT SUCH A SHIPPER CANDLE AS WILL NEVER GO OUT!!!! VICTORY WILL BELONG TO US, FOR WE ARE PURE OF HEART!!!

do you ever get the feeling you're read lord of the rings one too many times?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              Did you like the scene in the van when
              Spoiler:
              on their way to the warehouse where the one guy is talking & Daniel screws up his face & shakes it at him like a little kid?? It was so quick I thought maybe I didn't see it, but I know I did & LOL!
              no, i'll have to watch it again...unfortuntely. lusting at daniel was the only thing that got me through this though

Comment

Delurking to comment on “Affinity.” First, I think I agree with every thing majorsal said, oh, maybe three or four pages ago, but mostly this:

Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Spoiler:
                Her saying yes. What did I say I wanted? For her to show doubts. Well, I was reading on the S/J list, and ppl said she said yes, and more than once. I expected her to say 'yes, yes, yes!', all happy like. Did she?.... NO!!!!

*get ready for chanting of glee*

I saw doubts! I heard doubts! This is almost what I wanted - I wanted to see her face fall when PS couldn't see it- but that didn't happen. Instead, I heard it in her voice, and saw it on her face, that she wasn't 100 percent into it. She said yes, but it wasn't that 'I'm so friggin happy I could cry!' reaction that I had been fearing. This will do!!!
                Here’s my take on the Episode and the major points of discussion:

Spoiler:
                Stalker line: Felt line it was a sop to the shippers. Okay, Pete acknowledges that he was over the line. The way the line was delivered implied that Sam had already forgiven him before the episode started. I took her look and semi-smile, less as “Oh Yes! I’m completely okay with it” and more of “It was over the line. I forgave you, but it’s still an issue Let’s drop it.”

The Look in Sam’s lab: Well there was the Shippy Music! It looked to me like Sam was acknowledging what was between them, and so was Jack. But they left it cryptic between them because they’re still in that Commanding Officer/Subordinate bind—now even more so because Sam can’t just transfer to another team. I got a hint of Jack feeling like Sam had made her choice, so what was the point of making a clearer declaration.

And while I have a different take on a lot of the scenes than michelleb, I agree completely with this:

Originally posted by michelleb
                ok, i just watched affinity. i haven't read anyone else's spoilers yet, so apologies if i repeat what anyone else said.

Spoiler:
                i think the clue as to why she said yes was in her earlier conversation with daniel and teal'c

Sam: 'they (society) make you afraid of being alone, but at the same time, tell you not to settle for anything less then a perfect romantic ideal.'. in other words, she can't have perfection (jack) so she's settling for pete, so she won't be alone.’

My take on this is that
                Spoiler:

Her “Yes”: Having read the spoilers beforehand, I expected her to say “yes,” but I cringed at the repeated “Yeses.” Did they have to do that to us?

However, I went back and watched it again because I was trying to make sense of her *timing.* It looked to me like her earlier outburst when talking with Teal’c and Daniel--*before* she talked to Jack—showed that while she wanted a relationship with someone, she didn’t necessarily want to be permanently coupled off with that someone. And I thought her comments about not getting her perfect ideal romantic choice were very telling. THEN she talks to Jack and it’s clear that however they feel about each other “circumstances” will not allow them to be together.

Then, Teal’c tries to start a relationship but it works against him.

SO—I thought she said yes to Pete at the end because she decided “This is all I’m going to get, so I’ll take it and make the best of it.” She was smiling. She was happy. But--maybe it’s shippervision--but it didn’t look to me like full out ‘this is the man of my dream’ happy. Just, “I will get a life” happy. The fact that she didn’t say “Yes! YES! YES!!!” immediately is very telling. (I mean, when my husband asked, I didn’t have to wait. I knew immediately. There were problems about where would live, etc, but I never had a moment’s hesitation about wanting to marry him.) And she didn’t say didn’t say “Yes! YES! YES!!!” at the end when she agreed, either. It was low key. I think she’s settling, but I think that she believes that she won’t find a better man than Pete—available, knows about her work, loves her.

Spoilers for Threads: I think her lack of …exhuberance (?)… in accepting sets up her doubts in “Threads.”

And I agree completely with michelleb on this:

Originally posted by michelleb
                Spoiler:
                when he snapped the box shut, and put it down on the desk, it was like he was snapping up his whole relationship with sam, and pushing it away.

now for the bit that gives me the faintest glimmer of hope.

sam says 'what about you? if things had been different..'

jack says 'i wouldn't be here'

my interpretation of that is that he would have resigned for her. and the look in their eyes, they are so saying they love each other with their eyes, and i swear, he's saying he'd quit for her..and then
                Yes! And am I the only one who heard
                Spoiler:
                SHIPPY MUSIC
                ??? I haven’t seen anyone else mention it here.

Bucky

Comment

OK, to be polite, I'm adding SPOILER SPACE.....
                  LMAO! You rock!
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Spoilers for Affinity

Originally posted by Shipperahoy

Spoiler:
                    But I do have to say that her not answering him for 2 weeks should definately be a warning sign. Helllooo!
                    Spoiler:
                    I was just posting in the episode thread that I know guys like that. They find complicated women and miss the warning signs every time. They're just so happy to be with the woman and take every bone tossed their way without looking too closely. Then the bubble breaks, they wind up crushed and play victim. The first time, you feel sorry for them. The next few dozen you start wating to shake some sense into them. And it sounds like a pattern with Pete. I bet the ex-wife leaving wasn't half as sudden and inexplicable as he thinks. He's just one of those guys that doesn't see warning signs.

Comment

And I agree completely with michelleb on this:

Yes! And am I the only one who heard
                      Spoiler:
                      SHIPPY MUSIC
                      ??? I haven’t seen anyone else mention it here.

Bucky
                      did i not mention it? silly me!!! [quote]no, i heard it too, which is really wierd cos i normally don't spot the sam/jack theme music until i'm rewatching for around the third time. but the moment she said 'what about you', up the music swelled, and i got all excited and said 'that's the sam/jack theme..this must mean something...someone must say something!!!'..but then we just got the looks, and half-finished sentences and words that could be interpreted a hundred different ways. but having the theme music there must be something.[/spoiler]

wonder what it's official name is? wonder if in the score it's written 'start shippy music, or start sam/jack music? the very fact they have a specific piece of music for those scenes that signalled shippiness must mean they are deliberately putting ship in

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity (when I resort to losing the caps, you know I'm tired)

Spoiler:
                        Honey, go back and look at Sam's body language. Listen to her voice. This is NOT the reaction of a person secure in her answer.

Sally
                        Spoiler:
                        Agreed. She wasn't secure in it. She wasn't even comfortable with the question all episode. And we got no clue what caused her to say yes. One second there were huge doubts. The next she's saying yes. Looks to me like she taked herself into it and this is by no means over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                          I just checked on the Wedding Photo on E-Bay. It is up to $1775.00. Holy Cow!!!!!!
                          If they think there isn't a market for ship now, they're just not paying attention.

Comment

hi! ok,i'm not the biggest shipper BUT
                            Spoiler:
                            how can she just walk away from Jack like that?!?!? is she crazy!?!? *sigh* i'm really gonna miss the sam/jack shippyness. and i totally heard ship music lastnight! i almost wanted to cry when Jack looked at her like that after she showed him the ring. *S/J music* *sniff*

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

spoilers for s8’s affinity (when I resort to losting the caps, you know I’m tired )

Spoiler:

Honey, go back and look at Sam’s body language. Listen to her voice. This is NOT the reaction of a person secure in her answer.

Originally posted by auralan
                              Spoiler:
                              Agreed. She wasn't secure in it. She wasn't even comfortable with the question all episode. And we got no clue what caused her to say yes. One second there were huge doubts. The next she's saying yes. Looks to me like she taked herself into it and this is by no means over.
                              And this is what gives me comfort for a shipper ending.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
                                hi! ok,i'm not the biggest shipper

see, PTB??? even the little shippers are crying!!!! poor little shippers, how can you do that to those little, helpless, fragile shippers. can't you just see the tears well up in their big eyes?

(sorry, jules, i'm not making fun of you, really, i just had this image of a little shipper, like the cat in Shrek 2...i'm not saying you're like that, it's just i have a twisted way with language...i'll go now)

Comment

Working...
                                X