Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked on the Wedding Photo on E-Bay. It is up to $1775.00. Holy Cow!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      Shippers Family!
      No pushing please! There is enough for everyone.
      Click on "learn more" on the left hand pane to see the rest of the designs.
      I haven't finished uploading all of the mouse pads, but I wanted to get this up before it got too late.

Notes:
      Why did it take so long? Besides having to use someone else's computer for a while, even when I got the software on my computer it took time to deal with these big images. Saving, uploading, resizing etc. took forever. And then I would see a mistake or get a better idea and have to do it all over again.

And when did I become such a perfectionist!? I guessing knowing that people were actually going to spend their hard earned money on this stuff made me want everything to be as nice as possible. There was stuff I could have let go, but just couldn't. I've got the hang of this thing now, so whatever additions there are won't take as long.

I tried to proof everything, but with so much text there's probably something I missed. So if you see any goofs, please let me know.

Also, if you like a design but would rather have another color, I can change that pretty easily. If you hate a design or have suggestions to make one better, feel free to tell me. This is your gift shop. Give me a couple of days, though-- I'm pooped.

"got ship" looked pretty in every color, so for anyone that wants this one just tell me what color you want (even one not shown), if you want a heart or the the Cookie list on the back and I'll upload it for you. Be sure to mention what item you want. If you want to mix and match designs from any of the tees (e.g. a heart back instead of a cookie back, etc.) and such, just tell me.

If anyone thinks the SoO makes the designs look too busy, I've saved versions without it and I can upload it if you want a more simple look. I can't take credit for the cookie in the middle. My friend came up with the idea-- and I almost tongued him when I saw it, I liked it so much.

The building I used for the SoCal Commune actually looks like the Playshipper Mansion, but it just looked so inviting and I couldn't find a building image I liked more. If someone can find a building image that looks more like the Commune on the map and as fetching as the mansion I used, I'll replace it.

Can someone else please take the lead in figuring out who and what we're sending things to in Vancouver? I'm gonna collapse any second here.

I still have a few more things I want to do. I want to do something with "Replishipper" and something celebrating our beloved gutter.
      Which one do you like better:
      Replishipper/ Programmed for Love
      or
      Replishipper/ I'm Just a Love Machine
      or
      Replishipper/ All-Consuming Hope

your ship sistah

(((((shipper family)))))
      Ship Sistah!! I can't believe how much stuff there is! Its amazing I'm definately having the shipper town mouse pad and poster And i'm considering having one of the Cookie Tote Bags and I like the mug!! I think i'm going to have to spend a few months saving up so I can buy everything!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Good morning everyone. How are all of the hangovers?

I've read as many spoilers as I can get a hold of, and here's my humble musings.

Spoiler:

I don't think we've got too much to worry about. Sam was obviously agonising over the decision from what I've read, and with that screen cap that someone posted (you have to forgive me - I terrible with names!), she can see how upset Jack is with PS's proposal. From what I've seen of the transcripts, I don't think that Pete's as bad as we first though. If there's one person I'm angry with is Sam. Not only is she ripping out Jack's heart (again), but she's going to string along PS and Jacob (because of all of the threads stuff). Sam really needs to get her act together.
        I'm not angry at AT, because she had serious doubts about this episode. I'm just annoyed with TPTB, because they're mucking us around big time.
        Just my ramblings.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

How is everyone? My neighbor just came over and asked me what was wrong - I guess I really look tired and cranky. I told her about Affinity and being a fan, she's pretty pissed too. She then offerend me to come over tonight and kill those three bottles of wine she keeps for "moments like these". "Let's get drunk and watch shippy episodes." Ain't she the best?

Originally posted by sueKay
          Spoiler:

From what I've seen of the transcripts, I don't think that Pete's as bad as we first though. If there's one person I'm angry with is Sam. Not only is she ripping out Jack's heart (again), but she's going to string along PS and Jacob (because of all of the threads stuff). Sam really needs to get her act together.
          Yes, and yes! (To quote a certain Air Force Lt. Colonel ). I totally agree. I still can't bring myself to hate Pete, he really
          Spoiler:
          seems to be serious and he seems to really love her *ducks flying tomatoes and chairs*. Which makes it even more complicated, because if he were a jerk, I wouldn't feel sorry for him when she eventually dumps him. (See, I said 'when', not 'if'! HA!)

And now, for my motivational speech, Lord of the Rings-style:

*stands on table*
          *decides not to stand on table for lack of balance*
          *stands on soapbox*

Imagine yourselves in the very park
          Spoiler:
          where Pete proposed
          . Now imagine me with a flag on a soap box, calling out to all shippers:

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! My fellow fans and Shippers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Shippers fails, when we forget our favorite episodes and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of Pete and shattered hopes, when seasons and seasons of Shippyness come crashing down, but it is not this day! This day, we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth (and elsewhere), I bid you - stand, Shippers!"*

*courtesy of Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Oh, and another thing: a friend of mine and I have been working on a music video to "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. We'll put it online and I'll give you the link as soon as it's finished.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
          it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
          It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
          And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

ok, i just watched affinity. i haven't read anyone else's spoilers yet, so apologies if i repeat what anyone else said.

Spoiler:
            first of all, i can't believe she said yes. she took her time, she thought it over, and came to the wrong conclusion. it was almost as if she was saying yes in thanks cos he saved teal'c. but to be honest, he didn't do that much. sg1 could have figured that much out themselves. hell, i could have figured it out myself. and all they did by making pete the hero of the hour was make sam look stupid for not being able to work things out. and i don't care if he did help. he's still needy and manipulative, and is pushing her too far too fast.

i think the clue as to why she said yes was in her earlier conversation with daniel and teal'c

'they (society) make you afraid of being alone, but at the same time, tell you not to settle for anything less then a perfect romantic ideal.'. in other words, she can't have perfection (jack) so she's settling for pete, so she won't be alone.

as an aside, i'm roughly the same age as sam. i'm a little less intelligent. my job is not half as fulfilling. i'm not afraid of being alone, and i won't settle for anything less than my romantic ideal if and when i ever choose to settle down. some writers need to learn they can't just lift their view of women straight from bridget jones diary

and it's not cute, pete saying 'i don't want to run away from you, i want to stalk you'. it's insulting. he did behave like a stalker, we hve legitimate reasons for saying that, and making it a throwaway funny line just devalues our opinions. the supersam joke was funny, the stalker joke wasn't

this whole episode would have put me off watching stargate for ever, if it hadn't been for the one little sam and jack scene

first of all, he looked gorgoeus in that scene, in his black t-shirt. i love the way he came in and said, 'i never thought i'd say these words' and she looked all breathless for a moment, like he was going to say he loved her, but of course, it was the report.

and he noticed something was wrong 'you haven't tried to confuse me with scientific babble in the last few days, and that's a red flag to me'..that's so sweet

i can't believe she actually discussed it with him. the poor man looked heartbroken. can't she see that look in his eyes? but the fact she did proves how close they really are. didn't discuss it with daniel, or teal'c, just jack.

when he snapped the box shut, and put it down on the desk, it was like he was snapping up his whole relationship with sam, and pushing it away.

now for the bit that gives me the faintest glimmer of hope.

sam says 'what about you? if things had been different..'

jack says 'i wouldn't be here'

my interpretation of that is that he would have resigned for her. and the look in their eyes, they are so saying they love each other with their eyes, and i swear, he's saying he'd quit for her..and then

SHE STILL GOES AND SAYS YES!!. i don't hate her, but i'm disappointed in her. and i'd quit watching if it wasn't for that one scene. but i can't help feeling they're slipping in these little scenes to keep the shipper's hanging on, but continuing with the pete/sam storyline for a little longer. i'll continue watching it, but i'm not going to be enjoying the ship storyline until i know, one way or the other, what we're going to get.

but frankly, 99% of the sam/pete/jack stuff in this made me want to puke (and not just cos i ate an entire jar of peanut butter). on the other hand, i really loved the teal'c/daniel storyline...teal'c being a fan of changing rooms, and daniel still going non-verbal and big grins and puff and ruffle when a beautiful girl walks into the room

well, to quote daniel 'that just happens to be my opnion. what do you think?'
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
              I just watched Assinity.

My tummy hurts.
              how appropiate that the first affinity post is no 13

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                RE: S8 “Affinity”

In relation to one of our **favorite** {cough, cough, cough} photos -the park scene:
                Spoiler:

: "you didn't run away when I stalked you."
                And she just smiles & lets it roll past?? COM'N PTB, we really do wanna know why a character like Sam would let it roll off & past her like that??!!!

Spoiler:
                oh, i misheard, i thought he said 'i don't run away, i want to stalk you. squinty vision doesn't have the best sound. either way, it's disgsting he got away with it

Spoiler:
                : "I put in for a transfer to Colorado Springs"
                Excuse me... you haven't even given her the ring yet... you don't even know her answer... Assuming a yes is not a good thing...

Unless he smells her desperation for that "real" life outside of the SGC & knows she's a sure thing.

Spoiler:
                see, if any man had suddenly said to me, 'hey i'm moving into your life, and assuming we'll be together for ever even though i haven't asked you yet, i'd run screaming. and this woman, this sam who just accepts it and gives in, used to be one of my role models/spoiler]

Spoiler:
                AND... anyone else feel a little shortchanged that he pops the ring & they show 2 seconds of her face & then immediately cut to the next scene?!!!

Spoiler:
                truthfully, i was just glad they got it over and done with, and i went back to gazing adoringly at daniel
                Last edited by michelleb; 21 August 2004, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  RE: S8 “Affinity”

That truck/kiss picture we speculated about...
                  Spoiler:

Why the heck would you tell him yes at that time? Why not wait til evening over dinner?

They got our hopes up just the slightest wee bit that she might just keep him on a holding pattern the rest of S8...

AND the butt rub towards the end of the kiss??!!! I know someone else had to catch it...it wasn't a figment of my imagination!

THIS is Stargate FCOL! Not a durn soap opera!
                  Spoiler:
                  yep, saw the butt rub, and was grossed out. and yep, spent most of the episode thinking 'she might not say yes'. she didn't seem to keen on saying yes, IMHO. i think, if you have to wait to give an answer to 'marry me', then the answer is no. if your first thought isn't unqualified joy at the thought of spending the rest of your life with this person, then you don't want to do it. instincts are normally right. mind you, i've been married, so icould be wrong

Comment

Waited this a.m. to read the "Affinity" Thread...
                    Just a musing (mini-rant) before I start my day...

I know TPTB want to keep all camps watching SG… and IMO they've been giving viewers shows with vaguer and vaguer dialogue, especially on ships…

But there’s now come a point (my own feeling) where if TPTB are going to so something like keeping PS in the show, then it’s time for them to take a stand to explain/defend it to viewers by spelling out the stance a bit more. Don’t give us S/J dialogue that can be & has been interpreted in a hundred different ways… Please just give us direct, concrete dialogue that shows the character’s angst over the tough decisions & why your (the PTB) vision is that way. Take that stand – if you want Sam to want Pete, give us some well-written, adult dialogue to address the concerns fans & others have had about the PS character and S/P ship and then move on. We're not asking for a showful of info, just some direct honest remarks that make sense...

If they loose some of us viewers, so what? TPTB know there’s always someone else to take our place (I know it sounds harsh, but it’s the truth)… And SG will be in reruns & earning them $ for years & years to come… So what does it matter if TPTB take a direct stand now? Especially if they claim to be getting great ratings & their focus on the new cash cow (SGA)…

I guess I’m an SG fan first & foremost (S/J shipper secondarily) who is getting tired of wishy washiness on the part of TPTB. Stop playing this passive aggressive game with us & all these show & ship clichés & just get on with the real show FCOL!

Sorry... for the rant/ramble...
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

The universe is out to get me. It never fails. It's 6:00 a.m. my time and despite the fact that I spent last nigh drinking way to many margaritas with my girlfriends in honor of Affinity and was up past midnight, my son has decided that 4:00 a.m. was a fine time to wake up and demand breakfast and cartoons. Luckily the water and aspirin I took last night....oh wait....I mean early this morning, have taken affect but I haven't had to function on less than 4 hours of sleep since he was a wee baby. And just because I have a masochistic streak I'm going to watch Affinity again. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        That's a very good question and when you figure it out will you tell me?

Oh and WELCOME!

i think..and this is just my opnion here, so i could be, and probably am wrong, but i think
                        Spoiler:
                        he was saying, if she had once told him she loved her, he'd have resigned so they could be together

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                          <snip>
                          Yes, and yes! (To quote a certain Air Force Lt. Colonel ). I totally agree. I still can't bring myself to hate Pete, he really
                          Spoiler:
                          seems to be serious and he seems to really love her *ducks flying tomatoes and chairs*. Which makes it even more complicated, because if he were a jerk, I wouldn't feel sorry for him when she eventually dumps him. (See, I said 'when', not 'if'! HA!)
                          As I just said I wish TPTB would stop such vague dialogue open to so much interpretation... but now (w/the 2 shows PS has appeared in) what we've been shown makes me dislike how she's treating PS. PTB, please stop toying with the heart of an overeager puppy dog (PS) who wants so desparately (too much!) to please her. She's being so (IMO) so out of character it's not cute or funny. (And yes... one could find oneself feeling sorry for PS! )
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            The universe is out to get me. It never fails. It's 6:00 a.m. my time and despite the fact that I spent last nigh drinking way to many margaritas with my girlfriends in honor of Affinity and was up past midnight, my son has decided that 4:00 a.m. was a fine time to wake up and demand breakfast and cartoons. Luckily the water and aspirin I took last night....oh wait....I mean early this morning, have taken affect but I haven't had to function on less than 4 hours of sleep since he was a wee baby. And just because I have a masochistic streak I'm going to watch Affinity again. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
                            Good Morning ShipMum!
                            Yeah, I had the same amount of sleep. No kids to wake me up tho... but an internal body clock that gets me up the same time every day... even if I only went to bed an hour before the usual get up time! Kept rolling over for another hour & a half, but no sleep...

I agree, Affinity wasn't as bad as I thought. Bad enough, but... we didn't have to use the defib machine yet!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              truthfully, i was just glad they got it over and done with, and i went back to gazing adoringly at daniel
                              Did you like the scene in the van when
                              Spoiler:
                              on their way to the warehouse where the one guy is talking & Daniel screws up his face & shakes it at him like a little kid?? It was so quick I thought maybe I didn't see it, but I know I did & LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by lilstarfire19
                                anyone here a farscape fan/shipper?
                                yep..why? have you seen the pictures for promethues unbound? or where you thinkng sam and jack should end up like john and aeryn, or sometime soon or later all our heads will explode like the guy in scanners?

in case you're wondering..yeah, i do talk like this in RL..except i normally run out of breath
                                Last edited by michelleb; 21 August 2004, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X