• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    First lines of Veronica Shoffstall's poem "After a While"

After a while you learn the subtle difference between
    holding a hand and chaining a soul and you learn
    that love doesn't mean leaning
    and company doesn't always mean security.
    And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
    and presents aren't promises.

I'd like to post the whole poem tho don't know if I can, there's a line near the end "you decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring flowers" Great poem.
    Um...WOW! I hope you've posted the whole thing in the posts I have yet to read! If not, what book is this from? I'd love to read the whole thing!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      ummm. i don't know if it'll help but i wrote a teeny tiny affinity fic. it's called tears, and there's a link in my sig. i just mention it because it was inspired by a picture someone posted on here
      Spoiler:
      the one of jack with tears in his eyes
      Oh, that was nice and so sad Beautifully written though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
        I'm the one who posted the pic.
        [snip]

I made a little page with the last few shots:

WARNING: AFFINITY SCREENCAPS!!
        http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/SJAffinity.htm
        Awww, Mala, breaks my heart too. Lovely pics, just wish I didn't feel so sad looking at them. Watched that scene to pull it for the latest vid last night and couldn't help but cry.

Comment

I know that Sam and Jack will get together at the end. But as I've said before (way back before you made your wondrous debut here ) - it's just not about the destination, but also the journey...

Spoiler:
          Yes, Sam is 'settling' - that's not even a question. I just don't like how this is indicative of her character becoming so much more "Samantha" than "Carter" (as per your fic)... I MISS Carter!

I also don't like the fact that from now on, in every episode up until THREADS - that whatever looks or friendship moments that Sam and Jack have (or maybe there won't be any?) that Sam will still be engaged (albeit, half-heartedly) to PS. That makes me uncomfortable...

Re her little off-topic (to DJ and T) monologue about society and women and ideal relationships, etc. - It's a valid argument and I just hope that TPTB don't see this as means to have Sam decide NOT to have any relationship at all - even with Jack. It's an evil thought, but at this point I wouldn't put it past TPTB to squash the ship by turning this argument into a weapon against anything more than having platonic team relationships in the end.
          I miss Carter too Mala! I miss the independent woman! Guess she left. It makes me uncomfortable too
          Spoiler:
          that they have her stringing Pete along while loving Jack but not giving Jack the time of day. FCOL, she reminds me of Abby on ER. I like Abby but I expect HER to be neurotic! I expect Sam to be confident! This sucks! I hate thinking of Sam this way!

Gads, I hadn't even THOUGHT of that angle from that monologue!! Don't even SUGGEST that, they might hear! That would a be a sure fire way for me to turn off Atlantis too. So far, I'm giving it a chance but that chance ends if we lose the ship!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            Awww, Mala, breaks my heart too. Lovely pics, just wish I didn't feel so sad looking at them. Watched that scene to pull it for the latest vid last night and couldn't help but cry.
            Ah, but it's not over til it's over. There's hope yet so don't be too sad.
            That was a very nice scene tho. Best part of the whole ep for me.

Shelly
            Shelly
            My Photos
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Welcome Karibou to the shipper gang ..I think we all know how you feel

Spoilers Affinity
              ;;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;
              ;

Just saw the episode this afternoon ...and it is a bit scary isn't it ..not fair ...but one of my casual friend viewer who saw it last night too ...said that something is up ...and he also thinks that she was kind of taken with the moment and she 'll end up with Jack too at the end ...

The question is ..:WHAT ARE WE GONNA GET ?!!!AND with what I saw so far with CONpete (He got really fat and scruffy by the way ...bahhhhh).We should see millions of kisses between Sam and Jack and also a excellent love scene...no less I'm afraid .....

To TPTB. ..I really hope that something steamy is gonna happen between Sam and Jack in the spaceship even if she is still with pete ..I don't care ....THEY CAN JUST ACT ON IMPULSE ....and be themselves ..

I think the shippers deserve it and I'm still confident that they will still do it ...but it's really not fair to play with the nicest fans in the fandom ..I nearly regret to have sent my videos to AT now ....
              If she watched my videos and Marimba 's ...surely she must be feeling a little weird ...cuz ...we do it for the love of the show ...and all we get ...is CONpete with his stupid look bothering us ...I only want to see Jack with Sam first ...and then with Daniel and Teal'c .

ok... I'm off to make a nice music video about Sam and Jack to keep the spirit up for all of you my friends ...and if somebody is laughing at us in the meantime ( So I read somewhere else) then ...we'll see who will laught at the end ...

Caty

Hey Caty, you know what they say don't ya?

He/she who laughs last, laughs BEST!!!!!!!!!!
              Ship Nana

Comment

I'm afraid I've forgotten who originally posted about this poem, but Marimba, you wanted to see the complete text, and I don't believe it's been posted yet.

"After a While" by Veronica Shoftstall

After a while, you learn the subtle difference
                Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
                And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
                And company doesn't mean security.
                And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
                And presents aren't promises.
                And you begin to accept your defeats
                With your head up and your eyes open
                With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.
                And you learn to build all your roads
                On today, because tomorrow's ground
                Is too uncertain for plans, and futures have
                A way of falling down in mid-flight.
                After a while you learn that even sunshine
                Burns if you get too much.
                So you plant your own garden and decorate
                Your own soul instead of waiting
                For someone to bring you flowers.
                And you learn that you really can endure...
                That you really are strong
                And you really do have worth.
                And you learn and learn...
                With every goodbye you learn.
                *sniff*

Mel
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Ok it's time to issue to all residents of Shipper Town who exhibited courage above and beyond the call of duty by watching A$$inity their Shipper medal of courage.

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                  Lunar
                  Caty
                  Marimba

Please insert your name
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    I've been thinking about Sam and Jack's convo in Affinity...
                    Spoilers S8 Affinity
                    Spoiler:
                    People keep asking "Why would Sam show Jack the ring? Why would she break his hear like that?" I've been thinking about those questions and the answer I keep getting is this. Sam revealed to Jack what her private, personal feelings were about marriage and kids and Pete's proposal because she wanted Jack to share his personal feelings about marriage, kids and HER.

Sam gave Jack the opportunity to say how he felt about her. She was sitting in her lab thinking about her feelings for Jack because the look on her face when he said, "I thought I would never say this to you...Where's that report?" She was disappointed. That ring should have snapped Jack into action. By telling Jack that she had been thinking about the proposal for 2 weeks told Jack what he needed to know. Any yet, he didn't take the bait. (Maybe that's why he doesn't do well at fishing )

Sam has NEVER told Pete she loves him. (At least we haven't seen it. Thank goodness!!) Jack needs to get off his backside and make some effort to convey his TRUE feelings to Sam. IMO, Sam has tried in Heroes II, LC 1 & 2 and now Affinity. I see Sam making an effort and Jack shutting her down or making her guess what his feelings are. Only time will tell.

I'm along for the ride. TPTB will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off of the Shipper rollercoaster!
                    That's interesting, Token. I like it. My take on it was a little different...
                    Spoiler:
                    I think Jack was silent for a couple of reasons--

--if he says anything she may take that as interference which might set her toward Pete with firmer resolve. NOT a good thing. She thinks she's in love with Pete (or she would have said no right off the bat). I too am thankful that we have heard her say I Love You to Pete--that would be the proverbial straw.
                    --he's afraid to risk his heart again. He still has lots of demons about Charlie and that underlying guilt will always be there and affect his other relationships. He's probably afraid of risking his heart when there's still a very real possibility that's she will choose Pete (at least to Jack)
                    --she's showing him the ring and she's still considering it, a big reason for a man who's afraid to risk his heart NOT to take the chance. He did say "but you haven't said no" and it's after that that he snaps the box shut.
                    --he probably sees it as a no-win situation and he wants to keep her in his life. If she freaks when he says that she shouldn't marry Pete and resolves to marry him anyway, Jack loses her for good. At least if she is in his life, even if she is engaged, there's still a chance for him. And any chance is better than no chance.

Anyway, Just MHO.

Comment

Token I think Jack has to be very confused regarding Sam and I cannot blame him.It was Sam who came up with the idea that none of this has to leave the room.I really think Jack wanted to find a way to be with Sam in D&C. Sam has also turned down multiple Fishing invites and it was Sam who moved on first by dating Pete.
                      Spoiler:

I think Jack would Love to tell Sam how he feels but he knows Sam can be with Pete without Sam quitting the Air Force and Jack is afraid to resign and have someone lousy take over the SGC.Jack is always putting Sam and everyone else first and last night was no different. Let's not forget that Jack had to guess that Sam was seeing someone in Chimera in the elevator and Jack also was the one who went to talk to Sam last night.I hate to take sides but Sam could also quit the Air Force and stay on as Dr.Carter and still play a huge part in saving the Galaxy and being with Jack.Sam has always had more choices as far as doing things to be with Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dp7885
                        de-lurking....

Someone in an earlier post said AT had misgivings about Affinity? Got a link or a hint as to where that might be?

Also does anybody else think that Jack should say some rather unpleasant things to her in a later episode?
                        Welcome!!! Glad you delurked! AT's comments come from the latest TV Zone Stargate Special (I think it's number 58). The article is called "Tapping the Potential". I'm sure there are transcripts somewhere on the internet but I couldn't tell you where, sorry LOL on Jack!

Comment

Just thought I'd let you Shipper/Thunkers know that besides the S/J Affinity pix I've put up today:

WARNING: AFFINITY SCREENCAPS!!
                          http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/SJAffinity.htm

I've also put up links to 12 new caps of hot, handsome Jack from that scene on the Thunkers Thread. Go look and enjoy!
                          Gads, Mala! How is it possible that one man can be so beautiful and so sad all at once? It's just not fair! I think I tear up everytime I see the look on his face. Oy, I'm such a masochist!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            Hey Marimba ..Did you spend all day doing it ?

You 're good ...
                            Actually, it was all night LOL. Finished it about 3 but then I was too tired to wait for the upload... Plus I was not EVEN gonna wake up my beta at that time of night LOL--she'd kill me! So I figured I'd wait until after class today...

Me I'm supposed to make one ..tonight but I feel a little bit low in motivation today . I have the song but I may wait for tomorrow .

Should be up by tomorrow night if I find my Stargate energy back

I 'm slightly fed up to play the game ...TPTB's fault

Marimba : Is Pete in your last video or no?!!!!

Caty
                            Yep, Pete is in it--how could I say what a loser he was otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Ok it's time to issue to all residents of Shipper Town who exhibited courage above and beyond the call of duty by watching A$$inity their Shipper medal of courage.

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                              Lunar
                              Caty
                              Marimba

Please insert your name
                              Mei Mei

Comment

marimba I cannot blame Jack.
                                Spoiler:

Jack is probably thinking I cannot even get this Women to go fishing with me and I almost died a couple of times since she has been dating Pete and she is still with him and now she has an engagement ring.Sam made the mess with Pete and now Jack has to clean up the mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X