Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, someone said that Meimei had a good fanfic with Sam and Jack on an ice planet...where is it located, or what is her website?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
      Spoiler space

@
      #
      $
      %
      ^
      &
      Anyone else think that Atlantis was big, full of large special effects and bright colors, with good writing? Contrast that with a seemingly pared down, less intense SG1 opener? Don't get me wrong, I liked New Order, but the intensity levels seemed very different to me....Colorwise, New Order kinda seemed gray/dull in contrast, at least visually.... kinds makes ya wonder about the $$$ and effort poured into Atlantis at the expense of SG1. I know it's the last season, but I hope SG1 goes out with a bang and not a whimper.

sorry mods, I'll go check out the Atlantis thread

On topic -- I"ll be whimpering if Sam and Jack don't get together
      Di
      I always thought SG1 was dark and very gray, except when we got to go outside. They get to break out of the institutional color setting with the new show.

And I so agree about the too low intensity of New Order. Everything seemed a little too casual and subdued. Hopefully, we'll get some more pop as the we get on in the season.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        That would be cool! I know the Gutter Gals had someone organize a T-shirt. Anyone out there up for the job? The shipper cookie list would be GREAT! Along with a slogan like "Which cookie is for you?" or "A cookie, a beverage, and a rollercoaster. What more could a Shipper want?" *I already know the answer to that*
        There is always Cafe Press...

Edit: The cookie list is a fantastic idea! Like a menu on the back or something. As long as we don't put a stargate logo, actor's photo, or anything else copyrighted, I think we'd be OK. (Any lurking lawyers among us??) If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to draw up a few prospects over the next week or so...
        Last edited by N8iveTexan; 17 July 2004, 07:41 PM. Reason: Adding my 2 cents
        L8er,
        Mandy _|,,|

Comment

Hey, someone said that Meimei had a good fanfic with Sam and Jack on an ice planet...where is it located, or what is her website?

Di
          Here's the link to it:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/20/backto.html

I read it. Cool fanfic. I think it deserves a sequel where Sam and Jack talk to Hammond about getting permission to see each other.

Comment

Okay, this may seem OT at first, but trust me when I say it'll have an effect down the road.

My question is, is "Special Forces" (IE, what Riggs talks about in Lethal Weapon) and "Special Operations" (what we know Jack was involved in) the same thing? Or are they entirely different in the US Military?

Thanks!
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
              WELCOME SGWA!!!!!!!!!!

Kel'dor (my Tok'ra roomate, if ya get my meaning) says "Tec'ma'te."

We have beer, whiskey, 200 proof shipper happy juice, choc. rum shake blends, soem Jack Daniel's, some kind of Tok'ra version of moonshine Kel'dor whipped up (warning: drink this at your own risk!)

We also have bottles of Smirnoff Twist (every flavor), Bacardi O3, Mike's hard lemonades (both regular and cranberry lemonades), Jack Daniel's hard cola.

So pick a drink and fill your plate with some pizza and you'll be good to go!!
              Bailey's. You forgot the Bailey's.
              L8er,
              Mandy _|,,|

Comment

Originally posted by N8iveTexan
                Bailey's. You forgot the Bailey's.
                I have Bailey's. My selection is just too extensive to list!

Comment

Hey Ship Nana, I've been thinking about that post myself...had plenty of time on my hands at the Rehab Center, ya know? Anyway, vague doesn't begin to describe his post...cryptic, enigmatic and puzzling, is more like it.

If you look back, the quantity and intensity of distress was reaching critical mass...many of us were on a swift path towards nuclear meltdown, with probably an unprecedented number threatening to switch channels and/or stop buying DVDs...remember, the DVD sales have shored up MGM's bottom line.

Someone asked whether or not Joe had posted on the Anti Ship or Pete thread..I checked for all his posts at that time, and he had NOT. A "slightly less dark" sign....

It's actually quite nice....food not too bad, they speak quietly....just make sure you smuggle in the essentials (wine, shipper cookies, dvds, etc ).

Glad you've returned in one piece from the rainforest!
                  Di
                  Thanks, so am I. Had my doubts there for a while when swinging from the zip lines. At one point 100 feet up in the air swinging down a 1 inch metal line, I thought I must have lost my mind. I was blaming TPTB for my lapse of common sense. It is because of them that I was forced to eat my shipper cookies dipped in the beverage of my choice. This in turn obviously caused temporary brain damage.

Interesting what one thinks of when they see their life flash before their eyes!!!

One question though. Do you know if the Southern California Commune for Wacko Shippers allows visitors?
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by N8iveTexan
                    Awww!! I just watched the last few minutes of Entity and caugt something Shippy I missed the first time around... The scene in which Sam's conciousness returns to her body... Notice how Jack goes to the bedside and at the *very* end, as the scene fades to black, you can see him raise his hand to the bed like he's about to hold Sam's hand, then he hesitates, glances back as if to go "oh wait, there are people here, dang regs" and just taps the bed near her hand to cover. Awwww. *sigh*

/me goes back to catching up reading the thread...
                    I noticed that, too! He was all twitchy-like and nervous, cause he just wanted to grab her up, but couldn't.

ship sistah

Comment

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

The GateWorld Shipper Thread Family package HAS been delivered.

Marimba called and said the panel was a blast with AT, CJ and MS. can't figure out HOW they get any work done on THAT set from the stories they told

She had to give the package to Amanda's *people* but she did *tell* Amanda about it and that the GW Shipper Thread Family Loved her and would love for her to come for a visit. No major update Ship wise.

I told Marimba everyone is awaiting her report so she will try to get something up when she gets home Tuesday.
                      She is having a blast...told her I was TOTALLY jealous Apparently MS, CJ AND AT are even more gorgeous in person so I *can just imagine* RDA ...:: sigh::::

that is all for now gang
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                        Waterfall told me about a convention at the end of July in Tampa. I think she said CJ was going to be there (too bad no AT or RDA!!) She said she was going and I'm thinking of heading up that way too. Would love to meet you guys if you are planning on going.....

Also, I was pleasantly surprised with the premiere of Atlantis. It was really well written and funny! I kept yelling that Sam should have been in it because that is so up her alley but after the 4th or 5th "GET OVER IT" yelled "lovingly" from my husband, I shut up and just enjoyed it.
                        Hey! I just got conformation of my tickets!!
                        If you wish to attend, the website is here:

http://www.vulkon.com/tampascifi2004/index.html

I would love to meet other shippers in real life!
                        My daughter and I will be there (with her new toy she's getting for her B-day that she doesn't know she's getting yet)
                        If you are going and wish to meet somewhere email me at:

[email protected]

I also have to admit I really liked Atlantis, too.
                        No ship??? riiiggghhhtt.....Tayla and Sheppard sooo reminded me of S/J in COTG.
                        I've also decided in light of recent events that I'm gonna take all spoilers w/ a grain of salt and that S/J will be together at the end of the series.
                        That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                          Here's the link to it:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/20/backto.html

I read it. Cool fanfic. I think it deserves a sequel where Sam and Jack talk to Hammond about getting permission to see each other.
                          Thanks sweetie, I'll read it in a sec.....
                          Di

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Thanks, so am I. Had my doubts there for a while when swinging from the zip lines. At one point 100 feet up in the air swinging down a 1 inch metal line, I thought I must have lost my mind. I was blaming TPTB for my lapse of common sense. It is because of them that I was forced to eat my shipper cookies dipped in the beverage of my choice. This in turn obviously caused temporary brain damage.

Interesting what one thinks of when they see their life flash before their eyes!!!

One question though. Do you know if the Southern California Commune for Wacko Shippers allows visitors?
                            Lots of love to Nana! Glad you're back with us safe and sound!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana

Well first of all, the staff prefer to call it the Rehab center....Something about the word WACKO, just makes the orderlies reach for low intensity zat guns....secondly, Yes they do allow visitors, but the inspection process is so extreme (no alcohol, no shippy episodes allowed, no shipper cookies, no pictures of Sam and Jack) that all of MY visitors bailed. It was ok, I had already smuggled in my contraband . I recommend the day treatment program

Di

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

The GateWorld Shipper Thread Family package HAS been delivered.

Marimba called and said the panel was a blast with AT, CJ and MS. can't figure out HOW they get any work done on THAT set from the stories they told

She had to give the package to Amanda's *people* but she did *tell* Amanda about it and that the GW Shipper Thread Family Loved her and would love for her to come for a visit. No major update Ship wise.

I told Marimba everyone is awaiting her report so she will try to get something up when she gets home Tuesday.
                                She is having a blast...told her I was TOTALLY jealous Apparently MS, CJ AND AT are even more gorgeous in person so I *can just imagine* RDA ...:: sigh::::

that is all for now gang
                                Cool! I hope AT likes it. And I'm sure they all looked better in person.

*Tame now has an odd glazed look on her face after imagining RDA*

Tame? Tame? Gate network to Tame! Tame please respond!!

Oh dear!! I do believe she's zoned out!! Tame? Tame?

*slaps Tame gently on both sides of her face* Tame? Tame? Looks like extreme measures are needed!!

Sorry to have to do this, but... *whips out zat and zats Tame to snap her out of it*

Comment

Working...
                                X