This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    I don't know about the zatting, but seems to me with all that electrical discharge, it might be similar to the feeling you would get if you could steal Jack for a bit of non-PG rated activities!

Hmmm.... Anyone got a zat handy?
    A little off topic. If you don't mind me asking; what does your name mean and where is it from?

Me thinks you like living on the edge; heaven help Jack if you ever catch him.

I think Jack might see meimei coming in the distance and is not sure what to expect.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      My Deutsch is not much better than my Francais, but here goes. My apologies to Feli if I slaughter the German language, which would be really bad since my Grandmother was German.

Godsend - Gottesgabe
      gorgeous - prachtig (with two little dots over the A, aka Umlaut)
      good looking - gut aussehend
      beautiful/handsome - schon (another Umlaut over the A)
      manly - mannhaft
      attractive - anziehend
      and my favorite
      excellent - ausgezeichnet (my favorite German word)
      Your German's exceptional! You do use the literal translations one wouldn't necessarily choose in our specific case but it's easily understandable what you mean, so congrats!

And btw, when you lack the key for the Umlaut it can be written with an 'e' following the vowel instead of the dots; e.g., praechtig or schoen.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
        Your German's exceptional! You do use the literal translations one wouldn't necessarily choose in our specific case but it's easily understandable what you mean, so congrats!

And btw, when you lack the key for the Umlaut it can be written with an 'e' following the vowel instead of the dots; e.g., praechtig or schoen.
        I forgot about the e after a vowel instead of an Umlaut. Thanks so much. My German ancestors will not be rolling in their graves now. I figured some of the terms might be not in use anymore or in everyday usage; German class was a while ago. Could just kick myself for not keeping up with it; I really do adore the language and the country too.
        sigpic

Comment

I forgot about the e after a vowel instead of an Umlaut. Thanks so much. My German ancestors will not be rolling in their graves now. I figured some of the terms might be not in use anymore or in everyday usage; German class was a while ago. Could just kick myself for not keeping up with it; I really do adore the language and the country too.
          kliggins? are you sucking up to the boss? or in this case the mods.
          i'm half german and can only ask 'do you speak english?'. sad.....my ancestors would certainly be unhappy too.

Comment

LOL. What an extremely clever *lady* you are. That was great.

I was going to mention the rule about reposting pictures, but I see Feli beat me to it. I had to be reminded several times as I kept forgetting.

Jack bows his head in admiration of your skill with pic manip Those eyelashes aren't bad to look at either!!!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...daj/s4cr03.jpg
            *blushes* why thank you kliggins! (I have fun with it ) gotta love the lashes!
            Last edited by -Jules-; 25 July 2004, 06:16 PM.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

He is JUST such a hunk no matter which way you look at him.......(big sigh)
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

*THUNK*
                ................................................................................ .................
                That whole ep is one of my favs! (hullo! aren't they all? ) I dunno if this sounds strange but I just love all his clothes in that ep. He has impeccable taste!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/m.../BTGRDAblk.jpg

I just felt the need to repost one of mala's pics. that is my favorite pic of RDA!! i had to print it out and hang him next to my computer screen so i can gaze at him. the sunshine warming his whole body and that beautiful smile that is pure sunshine itself. that man is absoulutely perfect.
                  i'm going to have to get some sheet protectors for that pic.

Comment

oh wow! look at those pearly whites!!! yes siler, go get sheet protectors to keep them white!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

oh! i just noticed...i've been promoted to jaffa warrior! yaaay!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Congratulations, Jules!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

thanks! (it feels like i say that a LOT! I guess it's 'cause all you folks are so nice!) You've all given me a great experience as a new forum user! ...thanks! lol

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                            I only see red x's here Caty. I know, I am turning into a royal pain in the keester NOW what am I doing wrong????
                            You're doing nothing wrong. That site has hotlinking protection on it. That means that (most of the time) using an IMG tag to bring the image to this forum, while still being hosted on the site's server, won't work. It's a bandwidth protection thing for that site.

Right click the red X, copy the URL. In this case it's from rdanderson.com and then paste it into your broswer's address bar. The picture should appear for you.
                            Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

[QUOTE=OzGirl]There are no spoiler tidbits herein, but I just have to say that I was
                              loving Jack O'Neill last night in "LockDown." RDA had sooooo many lines
                              compared to his normal fare lately, and he did different, funny little
                              attitude inflections -- almost whining -- when talking with the "kids."

I still adore Jack after all these years.

He is delightful, delicious, delectable, and delovely!!

and definitely deserving of our thunkable desire.

ITA He's so delicious that I made 63 screen caps of the ep! I'm getting really outrageous these days. 30 used to be my limit. LOL Anyway, hope you'll stop by and take a look.

http://jackslittleplace.com/Season8/seas8.htm

BTW, Mala I finally remembered to change your link banner. Sorry it took me so long.

Shelly
                              Shelly
                              My Photos
                              sigpic

Comment

VCR alert Gals!!!

As I was working to set up my recorder for the MS movie coming on later this week (Thanks to Morjana!!) I saw that Pandora's Clock will be on Saturday!!!

It will be on at 4:25 ET on the Lifetime Movie Network.
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X