This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dllmzca View Post
    Sorry if it's a faux pas to bring up an old thread: I'm new around here.

Just had to ask if you'd ever read the Moments Sacred and Profane stories found at:

http://www.squidge.org/mice/

IMO, Mice did a brillliant job of giving a very plausible (and quite touching) story to a romantic pairing between McKay and Beckett (at least for S1...)
    I have read many of the fics Mice has put out. I just no longer see McBeck the way I use to, I use to post regularly in the Rockett thread (heck my last slash vid was McBeck! and I still have the largest post count for that thread, not that, that is important... those were the days.) but now I am solely a McKay/Sheppard slasher.

There are no rights or wrongs here I just no longer see McKay/Beckett the way I use to. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 26 May 2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      I have read many of the fics Mice has put out. I just no longer see McBeck the way I use to, I use to post regularly in the Rockett thread (heck my last slash vid was McBeck! ) but now I am solely a McKay/Sheppard slasher.

There are no rights or wrongs here I just no longer see McKay/Beckett the way I use to. *shrugs*
      Indeed, there are no rights or wrongs and I didn't mean any offense with my post. I'm a newbie to SGA: having watched S1 on loan from a friend. The McBeck thing just leapt out to me...

Could you point the way to that vid of yours, by any chance? This McBeckker would be grateful.
      sigpic

Comment

*sigh* i only wish John and Rodney would get together on screen! Come on, John and Rodney! That sounds so cute doesn't it? I love you John. I love you too Rodney... If ever there is a closeted couple on stargate it's them! Come out of the closet boys! It's better out here! More room to play... in bed .

Heh, as i've said before, i'd love to be a fly on the set the day David and Joe have to act that scene! Err, or a cameraman. Yes, a cameraman. I'm sure it would require many takes too.

*smiles* Oh David, Oh Joe... Put some pressure on TPTB!

ok, *runs*

Comment

Originally posted by dllmzca View Post
          Indeed, there are no rights or wrongs and I didn't mean any offense with my post. I'm a newbie to SGA: having watched S1 on loan from a friend. The McBeck thing just leapt out to me...

Could you point the way to that vid of yours, by any chance? This McBeckker would be grateful.
          There is a link in the Rockett thread with spoiler warnings (Sunday). But my sig also takes you to it.
          "The man with the child in his eyes" it was a very rushed vid, I just saw the ep and a few weeks later was listening to the song and well I had to make the vid there and then (it took around 4 hours normally they take me a day or two just to get the clips right, I buggered up the credits a bit too ).

And no worries about your post, I didn't take any offense.

Comment

There is a link in the Rockett thread with spoiler warnings (Sunday). But my sig also takes you to it.
            "The man with the child in his eyes" it was a very rushed vid, I just saw the ep and a few weeks later was listening to the song and well I had to make the vid there and then (it took around 4 hours normally they take me a day or two just to get the clips right, I buggered up the credits a bit too ).

And no worries about your post, I didn't take any offense.
            That was lovely, Willow'sCat...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
              I think the writers should throw all caution to the wind and let Sheppard and McKay confess their undying love for each other.

+ = love
              *twitch*
              *shudder*
              I can see something like that playing out only in a comedic what if scenario, like any of those found in '200'. Perhaps as the soap opera version of Atlantis, complete with a long lost, evil twin of with amnesia.
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                I can see something like that playing out only in a comedic what if scenario, like any of those found in '200'. Perhaps as the soap opera version of Atlantis, complete with a long lost, evil twin of with amnesia.
                Please save us from yet another lame comic homosexual turn on Atlantis, at least '200' felt like Daniel and Jack were giving a nod and a wink to the slashers.

Anything else, and you can keep it. The powers that be on Atlantis just aren't up to serious content went it comes to adults and relationships.

Originally posted by dllmzca
                That was lovely, Willow'sCat...
                Glad it worked for some reason my internet is slow at the moment and I couldn't even check if the link was working in my sig.

Comment

Glad it worked for some reason my internet is slow at the moment and I couldn't even check if the link was working in my sig.
                  Saved it to my HD for future re-viewing: Great job!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                    ok didn't PDL say in a dvd commentary that Walter was gay? maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but i thought it was a genuine fact about his character and not just a jokey comment.

anyone else remember this? as for atlantis i think i might prefer it if weir was gay, then we wouldn't have had to put up with narim again. i'm sorry but that guy just reminds me of frank from mash and it freaks me out!
                    he played a gay character on The L Word
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard View Post
                      LOL! How could I have been missing THIS thread??? Where have I been. You know what really got me, when I found out Richard Dean was ACTUALLY gay, like I had heard it before, but never actually believed it, it was about half way through watching SG-1, so I went back and watching it again knowing this. He touches the backs of guys necks alot, LMAO ... seriously, sounds crazy ... but he does. And I mean he was never that great with Carter
                      Wait are you saying RDA is Gay ? really ???
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

RDA is NOT gay he is straight and has a kid (only the one I think, she is the main reason he gave for quitting SG-1).

As for Walter; the actor who plays him said he thinks of Walter as gay, and tries to play him that way (whatever that means ). I haven't watched The L Word but huh I am not suprised, there are so few actors that would play gay on any show never mind a show based on/around Lesbians.

David Hewlett's ex wife was in an ep of Queer as Folk. *random useless knowledge*

Comment

Resurrecting this thread because I found the following comment while trawling through old entires on Joe's blog.

PG15 writes: “Would you or the rest of the writers create a gay or bi character on Atlantis?”

Answer: How do you know we haven’t already?
                          http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...e-30-2007.html

So at least one person is operating under the assumption that not all of the characters are completely straight. Now, can we see it? I don't need making out on-screen or anything, but I'd love to hear Heightmeyer mention her girlfriend, or see Zelenka and Random Male Scientist #5 go on a date, or see Katie Brown leave McKay for Miko.

I just think that if we can see McKay have a girlfriend and Elizabeth go on a date and hear about Beckett and Cadman's relationship, then we can at least get on-screen proof that there are non-heterosexual relationships on Atlantis. Just a sentence, a throwaway line is all it would take. It would be so easy, and would make the show much richer, IMHO.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                            Resurrecting this thread because I found the following comment while trawling through old entires on Joe's blog.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...e-30-2007.html

So at least one person is operating under the assumption that not all of the characters are completely straight. Now, can we see it? I don't need making out on-screen or anything, but I'd love to hear Heightmeyer mention her girlfriend, or see Zelenka and Random Male Scientist #5 go on a date, or see Katie Brown leave McKay for Miko.

I just think that if we can see McKay have a girlfriend and Elizabeth go on a date and hear about Beckett and Cadman's relationship, then we can at least get on-screen proof that there are non-heterosexual relationships on Atlantis. Just a sentence, a throwaway line is all it would take. It would be so easy, and would make the show much richer, IMHO.
                            I agree that it doesn't need to be a big deal and in fact would work better if it wasn't...a simple throw away line like you say, or someone in the background, something understated, not over the top, nothing major and I'd like it. I think if it was written as a big huge thing I'd be annoyed.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                            X