This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
    I think you're right about the Gates being too conservative, but TPTB, prove us wrong!
    If they can't see their way to giving us a gay character, a suggested relationship would be ok with me. It is the 21st century after all!

I totally agree. I prefer there to be no direct shipping in canon so I don't actually want to see Sheppard and McKay get together (with each other or any of the others) - but just an irrefutable acknowledgement of the fact gay people and bisexuals exist would be nice. If Walter is really meant to be gay, as someone suggested, that's extremely cool - because I never would have thought it and worse than ignoring the existence of other sexualities is the caricaturing of them.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
      an irrefutable acknowledgement of the fact gay people and bisexuals exist would be nice.
      That's what I was trying to say!
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
        That's what I was trying to say!
        Then we are fully in agreement!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
          ROFLMAO! Your not just pushing the envolope there, it's flying out the window!
          No, McKay has clearly established his sexual orientation in Grace Under Pressure.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            No, McKay has clearly established his sexual orientation in Grace Under Pressure.
            No;

Spoiler:
            he has only shown he is incapable of a real relationship with a female.
            Ask yourself why?
            Last edited by Willow'sCat; 29 January 2006, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Guys, c'mon:

+ = TEH BIG GAY LOVE.

Okay, maybe not, but if you look for it, it makes the episodes a lot more hilarious. Really, watching epis with a slasher's or shipper's eyes can make epis really funny. It's amazing what subtext you can pick up if you make a point of seeing it.

But, yeah, Stargate does need Teh Gay. But Toaster, I couldn't agree with you more. We don't need a scene where the Big Gay Character talks about how they're gay and "oooo isn't s/he hot, oooo look how liberal and edgy I am!" Just a subtle acknowledegement of a gay realtionship would be so cool.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

LOL! How could I have been missing THIS thread??? Where have I been. You know what really got me, when I found out Richard Dean was ACTUALLY gay, like I had heard it before, but never actually believed it, it was about half way through watching SG-1, so I went back and watching it again knowing this. He touches the backs of guys necks alot, LMAO ... seriously, sounds crazy ... but he does. And I mean he was never that great with Carter
                Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                  when I found out Richard Dean was ACTUALLY gay
                  This is news to me.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Really??? OMG! You didn't know. Now I'm confused, i thought everyone but me knew. Maybe he isn't - WHAT HAVE I DONE? But serioulsy folks, I swore he was ... is ... errrr ...yeah.
                    Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                      LOL! How could I have been missing THIS thread??? Where have I been. You know what really got me, when I found out Richard Dean was ACTUALLY gay,
                      You mean Jack. Ah people often confuse them with the characters they play.

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                        Guys, c'mon:

+ = TEH BIG GAY LOVE.
                        Go here.

Okay, maybe not, but if you look for it, it makes the episodes a lot more hilarious. Really, watching epis with a slasher's or shipper's eyes can make epis really funny. It's amazing what subtext you can pick up if you make a point of seeing it.
                        It really does! Just watching for Gay References/Jokes has made season two just barely bareable. That's what we do at the link I just provided.

But, yeah, Stargate does need Teh Gay. But Toaster, I couldn't agree with you more. We don't need a scene where the Big Gay Character talks about how they're gay and "oooo isn't s/he hot, oooo look how liberal and edgy I am!" Just a subtle acknowledegement of a gay realtionship would be so cool.
                        It really would. This is the modern world.
                        Last edited by alfirin_kirinki; 18 February 2006, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Shoulda been McKay and Beckett: a tale of 2 bi guys in love...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rj.browne View Post
                            Does no-one agree with me about Mitchell? I mean... c'mon!!
                            mitchell, no. daniel, yes. but not jack in any way, shape, or form.

Seriously though... do you guys think that there's any chance that any of this will ever make it in to a script? I mean no-one suggesting that Stargate should suddenly become a big gay show, but would it kill them to admit that homosexuality exists? (I sound like one of those irritating freedom fighters now, sorry... I'm really not!)
                            i wouldn't be irked if they made daniel gay or bi. but the other guys... (keeps sexy men all for herself)

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              That is what makes McBeck a little hard for me to get into as I see Rodney steamrolling over everything Carson would want, I have read fanfic where they try to make Carson something IMO he just isn't, McKay's equal. McBeck falls a little flat for me, not that I don't see the possibilities with Carson I just see more with John.
                              Sorry if it's a faux pas to bring up an old thread: I'm new around here.

Just had to ask if you'd ever read the Moments Sacred and Profane stories found at:

http://www.squidge.org/mice/

IMO, Mice did a brillliant job of giving a very plausible (and quite touching) story to a romantic pairing between McKay and Beckett (at least for S1...)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by evilangelic View Post
                                We'll, if there was to be, it will be shown in time.
                                I was just interested as to some peoples thoughts.
                                The Wraith are all gay. They are very interested in the males on Atlantis.

(This is a joke people, so no need to debate it)
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X