This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evilangelic
    Almost every TV show in the MEDC's of the world has a gay character hidden or in full view. Some believe this to be a case of newfound political correctness on the issue. Or maybe it's just to add spice.
    Both SG-1 and SGA are in great thirst for the refreshing glass of water that are gay characters.

If such were to already be? Who would they be.

Who do you think they should be?
    I think the writers should throw all caution to the wind and let Sheppard and McKay confess their undying love for each other.

+ = love

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
      I think the writers should throw all caution to the wind and let Sheppard and McKay confess their undying love for each other.

+ = love
      ROFLMAO! Your not just pushing the envolope there, it's flying out the window!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        I spent my early teens thinking about Sam and Janet. I ignored the blatant ship and said "Sam's a lesbian, that's why she dumped Hanson" and I was convinced of a Sam/Janet affair. But we all know differently now.

Could be quite an amusing revelation. The poor shippers wouldn't know what had hit them. Can you imagine if the storyline had been about Petra rather than Pete? LMAO.

As for the Air Force Advisor... I do have a feeling they just locked him away somewhere towards the end of last season. But that's all for the better.
        Oh definitely. I think its just more to the natural chemistry between Amanda and Teryl (they are really good friends), but sometimes I just watch a scene between Sam and Janet and can't help but think 'they are so doing it'
        Last edited by Agent_Dark; 14 January 2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

In all seriousness, I've always questioned Sheppard's sexuality - and I think Rodney's quite possibly bi. As far as I'm concerned they're the Jack/Daniel of SGA - it's just runs in the back ground for me. I don't actively ship: it just is.

However, as far as deliberate gayness is concerned - I'm a Stackhouse/Markham shipper (I know, I know - one's dead, one's vanished), and while we didn't really get to know Markham, I actually did begin to think that Stacks was gay.

There was that moment of uncharacteristic snippiness over Teyla and Ford demanding that Markham hurry up in 38 Minutes (he's usually so mild and stoic) and in fact, Markham looks at him as if to say 'Shut up! You'll get yourself busted, idiot!'; In Rising II there's a bit during the 'You should get out more' skit when he's talking to Bates behind Beckett and McKay, and - although I'm sure it's unintentional - it really looks like he's nodding and blowing little kisses. It's hilarious.

Also, in The Brotherhood, Stackhouse appears only for a minute - standing with Beckett and Bates and looking absolutely furious and a bit shell shocked after the dart buzzes the city. I can see no explanation for that. Except for the fact it was Markham flying that jumper.

All in all, there's something a bit off about Stack for me. Someone said to me when I started shipping the boys that in all seriousness, they thought he was meant to be gay. It took me a while to see what she meant, but I actually do, now.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
          ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            ROFLMAO! Your not just pushing the envolope there, it's flying out the window!
            You betcha. C'mon, that chemistry! Sparks fly whenever they're together. If they were a male/female pair, they'd have been 'shipped to death by now and they'd have probably smooched on the show, itself....

It's only because they're both boys that the relationship is limited to friendship.

"Duet" was
            Spoiler:
            loads of fun, but how much more entertaining I would have found it if it had been Sheppard stuck in Rodney's head. Or vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
              In all seriousness, I've always questioned Sheppard's sexuality - and I think Rodney's quite possibly bi. As far as I'm concerned they're the Jack/Daniel of SGA - it's just runs in the back ground for me. I don't actively ship: it just is.
              You know before I joined GW I never even entertained the idea of Jack/Daniel then someone posted a reference to it and wow I was seeing all sorts of things. lol

John/Rodney I saw from the start, didn't need any promting, I really see a 'difference' in Sheppard then other SG characters, I am positive he is gay he and the writers just don't realise it yet! Rodney is just oblivious to everything, so he may well be Bi but he will never know about it.

In Rising II there's a bit during the 'You should get out more' skit when he's talking to Bates behind Beckett and McKay, and - although I'm sure it's unintentional - it really looks like he's nodding and blowing little kisses. It's hilarious.
              Are you serious? I will have to re-watch it *again* I never saw any of that!

Originally posted by Smushybird
              Duet" was SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
              Spoiler:

loads of fun, but how much more entertaining I would have found it if it had been Sheppard stuck in Rodney's head. Or vice versa.
              Oh we have Fanfic for that but as much as I loved seeing Rodney and Carson, I have to say it would have so much better
              Spoiler:
              if Cadman had wanted John.

Comment

John/Rodney I saw from the start, didn't need any promting, I really see a 'difference' in Sheppard then other SG characters, I am positive he is gay he and the writers just don't realise it yet! Rodney is just oblivious to everything, so he may well be Bi but he will never know about it.
                I totally agree. I think that Rodney and John are the main ship in this show - even if TPTB don't realise it. If you're a slasher, check out The Gay Chip community on LJ. It's all about sharing the Big Gay Moments.

I also think that Carson is in love with Rodney - but Rodney is oblivious, and wouldn't be interested if he noticed (Carson's not strong enough emotionally, while John is a genuine equal).

Are you serious? I will have to re-watch it *again* I never saw any of that!
                It really does look like it. He's kind of blowing kisses and jerking his head as if to say, 'Wanna go somewhere quieter?'. It's hilarious. Especially as Bates seems to be up for it.

No wonder he's so bitter all the time - thought he'd pulled on the first night, only to have the guy run off with a pretty little twink.

I just finished a huge fic, actually, which is basically the history of Stackhouse and Markham. You can find it through my userinfo on LJ if you're interested in the ship.

Comment

I totally agree. I think that Rodney and John are the main ship in this show - even if TPTB don't realise it. If you're a slasher, check out The Gay Chip community on LJ. It's all about sharing the Big Gay Moments.
                  If I'm a slasher? I will do that, thanks.
                  I also think that Carson is in love with Rodney - but Rodney is oblivious, and wouldn't be interested if he noticed (Carson's not strong enough emotionally, while John is a genuine equal).
                  That is what makes McBeck a little hard for me to get into as I see Rodney steamrolling over everything Carson would want, I have read fanfic where they try to make Carson something IMO he just isn't, McKay's equal. McBeck falls a little flat for me, not that I don't see the possibilities with Carson I just see more with John.
                  It really does look like it. He's kind of blowing kisses and jerking his head as if to say, 'Wanna go somewhere quieter?'. It's hilarious. Especially as Bates seems to be up for it.
                  lol, I just watched it hehe, funny what you can read into almost anything; but that other guy seemed very happy.

Comment

During Babylon, I couldn't help thinking that Cam and Jolan were both closeted. The scene where Jolan is treating Cam's wound, and presses him back down toward the bed was just hot. As was the last scene, before Cam returns to SGC and he tells Jolan that he'll never walk alone. I just gushed. But love is beautiful in any variety.

Comment

If I'm a slasher? I will do that, thanks.
                      No problem.

That is what makes McBeck a little hard for me to get into as I see Rodney steamrolling over everything Carson would want, I have read fanfic where they try to make Carson something IMO he just isn't, McKay's equal. McBeck falls a little flat for me, not that I don't see the possibilities with Carson I just see more with John.
                      I totally agree - I can't see Rodney respecting Carson enough for him to have any feelings other than friendship for him. I do think he cares about him - that Carson is probably his best actual friend on Atlantis - but him and John: if they're not a couple, they want to be.

As far as John's concerned, TPTB are either making lots of decidedly gay references or they're accidentally subliminalising. I mean, "Some people seem to have the wrong idea about me"? No ****. And what sort of straight man declares that size mattering is a myth? Really?

lol, I just watched it hehe, funny what you can read into almost anything; but that other guy seemed very happy.
                      That other guy? Bates, you mean?

Comment

I totally agree - I can't see Rodney respecting Carson enough for him to have any feelings other than friendship for him. I do think he cares about him - that Carson is probably his best actual friend.
                        He is the male equivalent of a *** hag! Oops! shouldn't say that naughty.
                        As far as John's concerned, TPTB are either making lots of decidedly gay references or they're accidentally subliminalising. I mean, "Some people seem to have the wrong idea about me"? No ****. And what sort of straight man declares that size mattering is a myth? Really?
                        OK I obviously don't pay enough attention, when was this 'size' thing mentioned? I know I read it in a fanfic recently, so they got it from the show?

That other guy? Bates, you mean?
                        Oh don't ask me about names of secondary characters, lol I have a hard enough time keeping track of the main characters. No the guy he is talking to, un the one right behind Carson. *are we on the same page*

Comment

OK I obviously don't pay enough attention, when was this 'size' thing mentioned? I know I read it in a fanfic recently, so they got it from the show?
                          Hide and Seek - when they're trying to get the Entity back in that vessel.

John: We're gonna need a bigger boat...
                          Rodney: Size doesn't matter.
                          John: IT'S A MYTH!

Oh don't ask me about names of secondary characters, lol I have a hard enough time keeping track of the main characters. No the guy he is talking to, un the one right behind Carson. *are we on the same page*
                          That's Stackhouse before they made him have middle aged hair.

Comment

Ha, yeah, loved that. So telling. Sometimes I think the writers and actors are deliberately teasing us. Rodney's inexplicably passionate reaction toward Chaya smacked of at least a little jealousy. I know the non-slashers came up with other explanations, but he was awfully vehement and upset with John...

And in Aurora
                            Spoiler:
                            when Rodney referred to John as "rakish", I thought that was an interesting choice of words.
                            Loved Rodney trying to describe John in the first place; he must be paying more attention to John's looks than we realized. Most guys I know, including my husband, aren't very good at describing other people physically.

Comment

Right yes, I remember it now.
                              That's Stackhouse before they made him have middle aged hair.
                              lol, I told you I am crap with names of characters, so that's him, right well now we are on the same page.
                              Originally posted by Smushybird
                              Ha, yeah, loved that. So telling. Sometimes I think the writers and actors are deliberately teasing us. Rodney's inexplicably passionate reaction toward Chaya smacked of at least a little jealousy.
                              I was just capping some scenes from that ep and he is definitely jealous, of course he is jealous of John having Chaya but he could quite reasonably be jealous of Chaya having John.

And in Aurora when Rodney referred to John as
                              Spoiler:
                              "rakish"
                              I thought that was an interesting choice of words.
                              Loved Rodney trying to describe John in the first place; he must be paying more attention to John's looks than we realized. Most guys I know, including my husband, aren't very good at describing other people physically.
                              Well that leaves only one explaination then.

Comment

Does no-one agree with me about Mitchell? I mean... c'mon!!

Seriously though... do you guys think that there's any chance that any of this will ever make it in to a script? I mean no-one suggesting that Stargate should suddenly become a big gay show, but would it kill them to admit that homosexuality exists? (I sound like one of those irritating freedom fighters now, sorry... I'm really not!)

Comment

Working...
                                X