Cameron Mitchell/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24
    Wow...I've been away from this thread for a long time.

I knew it'd take off eventually, just needed time.
    Well, just LOOK at them together!!!

Sam is so much more relaxed and fun around Mitchell. Joking around before for her always seemed to have an edge, like she couldn't let her guard down. With Mitchell, it just seems like she can let herself be herself. I love it. I just wanted to see Mitchell give her a big, friendly, reassuring hug at the end of Insiders.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
      Well, just LOOK at them together!!!

Sam is so much more relaxed and fun around Mitchell. Joking around before for her always seemed to have an edge, like she couldn't let her guard down. With Mitchell, it just seems like she can let herself be herself. I love it. I just wanted to see Mitchell give her a big, friendly, reassuring hug at the end of Insiders.
      Yup, that would have been great.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Popping in to let you all know that the Stargate Fan Awards voting phase is now open! www.stargatefanawards.com
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Sam and Cam... how cute.....

Comment

My Ship is Sam and Jack.I think I have a better chance at hitting the Lotto than seeing the Ship be resolved.It looks like TPTB will be doing
            Spoiler:
            more teasing to the Sam/Jack Ship with a fake wedding in the 200th episode.I figured after 10 Years they would be tired of messing with Sam/Jack Shippers.I think the Ship we come up with in our own minds is better than an Ship TPTB can come up with.

Comment

I'm a longtime S&J-er too. Maybe that's why I can't help myself squnting towards this ship... They are just so pretty, and there's some serious quality fanfic out there about this pairing.

Banner by *E*K*R*

Comment

This Thread was on page 4?!

Spoiler:
                I loved, loved, LOVED the Scene, when Cameron called Sam "Samantha"... even if it was not real, I was squeeing very loud

Comment

Originally posted by Evenstar
                  This Thread was on page 4?!

Spoiler:
                  I loved, loved, LOVED the Scene, when Cameron called Sam "Samantha"... even if it was not real, I was squeeing very loud
                  HA! I noticed that, too! I went back and replayed it. "What did her call her? Did he just say her entire name???" --like that was more romantic or something! I'm hopeless...

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                    HA! I noticed that, too! I went back and replayed it. "What did her call her? Did he just say her entire name???" --like that was more romantic or something! I'm hopeless...
                    I'm just as hopeless
                    Spoiler:
                    And now that SG1 has been cancelled... maybe there's hope for these two?!

Comment

I'm still a Jack/Sam shipper at heart, but I like to entertain other ships as well and this is one of them. I still see Cam and Sam as friends, but it's always nice to imagine pairing characters with others.
                      http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                      Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Here's a few more good Cam/Sam links:

Recovering The Satellites by synecdochic has been rec'ed in other threads, but I haven't seen a link for it here and it has to one of the best fics for this pairing. Very well written with great characterisations. If you like either of the characters check it out.

Recovering The Satellites has also inspired synecdochic to make a wonderful and nicely edited Cam/Sam music video plus some cute fan art by anna_luna.

High Speed by surrealphantast is also very well done.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

The only thing I can say when it comes to the whole SAM/CAM ship is He's to young and she's to smart to fall for him.

Comment

Hmmm.... interesting reading the past page or two. Funny how a few posters including the poster in #299 seem to forget this is a 'pro' or 'for' the ship thread.

Anyhoo.... excellent fic recommendation Jades. I read that a week ago and have been back to re-read it. (And found there's not a lot of Sam/Cam fic out there!) (And warning for any teens - it is an adult fic!)

Originally posted by ChillintheMost
                            I admit that we are taking some lovely friendship scenes and putting our own romantic tilt onto them, but it's fun to do that.
                            Yep, because even most of the S/J interaction can be interpreted that way since we all have different points of view when we watch the show.

I wouldn't have agree with the ship earlier (being an S/J shipper like ses110), but after spending the past two months writing a Sam/Dan fic (it's up to 42K words as of last night), I'm much more open to it. Especially if it has the more focused, slightly less impulsive Cam.

Edited to add in response to Sandmonkey: In other threads we've talked about Cam's age - he's only a few years younger than the 40-ish Sam. (And in RL, Ben is about 2 years older than Amanda.) (An interesting twist because Michael is about 5-7 years younger than both of them and his character is supposed to be older than them!) *grins* Ah the intelligence factor... but she fell for the *very* much less intelligent Pete didn't she? And was engaged to another military man (Jonas Hanson), so love doesn't always have to do with 'smarts.'
                            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 03 September 2006, 05:20 AM.
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

hey!

i just had a quick question...did Sam and Cam really have a past that was mentioned on the show? i kinda got confused when someone mentioned something about sam when she was 17...or jack knowing something about cam's past? um...yeah...i haven't been watching sg1 for a LONG time now (mainly coz it's not airing here...blah...stupidness.) so i was wondering if anyone can just clear that up?

thanks!
                              - Promi

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                Hmmm.... interesting reading the past page or two. Funny how a few posters including the poster in #299 seem to forget this is a 'pro' or 'for' the ship thread.
                                Yeah, but with some of what I read about Mitchell and even sometimes about Sam, "he's too young" and "she's too smart for him" seems like "pro" in comparison!

Thanks for explaining the ages. I have no idea how old any of them are [except Ben's real age], but they all look around the same age.

Comment

Working...
                                X