X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen. Hank Landry

pic by gb

Comment

First impression: I don't like Landry. Nothing against the actor; the character came across, to me, as an overbearing, impatient, pompous man (mostly from the way he trated Daniel, but Danny has a special place in my heart). But I'll be interested to see how he develops. I didn't like Hammond at first, either, but I was very sad to see him leave. So I'll be keeping an open mind.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I liked the way Jack knew about Landry's habit of quoting different military leaders. It gave the new General a particular trait and it was done in a very natural way.

But then, he did snap fairly quickly at Daniel in the briefing room. There wasn't much to warrant that, unless we find out at some point later that Landry ihas a very succint "yes, sir" "no, sir" way of running things wherever he's based. Still, it wasn't like Daniel was ranting or going off on a tangent that time.

Comment

Ok to repeat a S2 thread, what do people think of landry , yay or nay?

So weve seen quite a bit of him now, and he been with all of the characters, to be honest im torn; he has a comedy about him that i like ( kinda sarcastic yet brutally honesy) and on the otherhand he has this arrogence that bugs me ( like when he kept interupting daniel and thenignoring him ( and in the intruder flashback it kinda panged at me). Whats do you think?

immhotep
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Well I was a meh, then went to a Yay and then after SGA Im back to meh again. So I guess its too early to judge for me.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I do like Landry so far. Although I enjoyed S8 with Jack in command, I was looking forward to returning to a CO more in the Hammond mold. Firm, no nonsense, wears the right uniform - you know the type. Landry certainly hasn't disappointed.

I think I'm going to enjoy seeing how he grows as a character through S9. Already there have been some nice small indicators of his approach to things which I like. He may be a little stiff at the moment, but I'm sure he'll start to ease up with time.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

i think landry will do just fine. at least he's not annoying like Bauer or Edwards
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yay for sure....Love his daughter even more!!!!
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Landry's pretty cool, a decent honest man. I wonder what's the history between Landry and Carolyn Lam... I sensed a "parents' divorced", daughter stayed with mom.
                    Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                    WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Landry seems so far like a good man for the job.

Comment

He seemed OK in SG1 but I did not like him one bit in The Intruder and dont know why he dislikes Sheppard so much
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Ali Landry? Hell yeah. She's hot.

Oh wait...

Comment

I'd have to say yah so far. He's still got a long way to go before I hold him in the same regard I did Hammond, but, so far, so good. Beau Bridges is a talented actor, and I have faith he can pull off this role. Still miss Hammond though.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              He seemed OK in SG1 but I did not like him one bit in The Intruder and dont know why he dislikes Sheppard so much
                              Same here. It's like from a civilian perspective, he is an evil man, and from a military point he's a good man.

Weird.
                              Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                              WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Yay for Landry (so far). I like Beau Bridges so maybe this is why he's a 'yay.' Let's hope the character development lets him stay in that category.

As for his daughter, the doctor... my opinion may be against popular opinion, but I say "cheesy soap-opera plot twist." Too cliche and predictable, with all sorts of familial drama to ensue. Who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong. I never cared for Andromeda, so Lexa Doig isn't exactly a favorite of mine, and her playing a doctor on this show does hint at stunt-casting, which I'm not generally a fan of. But again, I won't mind being proven wrong if that means there are good stories & plot lines. However, I don't think heavy character development is necessary for a semi-recurring character like her (after all, what do we know about Major Davis, or Sgt Harriman?). To me, she's there to function as a doctor, an important function at the SGC, and I don't really need/want to see or get involved in her personal life.

Comment

Working...
                                X