Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno bout some of you lot, but I thought Beau Bridges was great. I wasn't so sure before; I'd never watched any movies with him in it, but my, uh, 'fears' were quelled once I started watching. *shrug* Everyone has their opinions, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysty
      Dunno bout some of you lot, but I thought Beau Bridges was great. I wasn't so sure before; I'd never watched any movies with him in it, but my, uh, 'fears' were quelled once I started watching. *shrug* Everyone has their opinions, I suppose.
      Beau Bridges was quite good in a short series called Maximum Bob in which he protrayed a quirky judge that gave everyone the maximum time (hence the nickname).

And if anything, this new General has given the Poor Chevron Guy (That sergeant with the Psychic powers) a lot more to do, so I say, give Beau a chance.

Helena
      Last edited by qksilver99; 18 July 2005, 04:12 PM.
      sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
      Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

None of my family were fans of Beau Bridges until we saw him as the new general. By the time his scene with Ben was finished, we were slaves to do his bidding. He completely rocked our world.

I am in awe of Beau Bridges. Thank you, PTB, for casting him.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

I agree with the consenses,I think we need to give Beau a chance. I, too must admit I was not sure about him playing the general,but once I got to the mind set that he is not Hammond or O'Neill and that he is establishing his own character I thought he did a good job, not a great job, but a good job. jonnysliver why don't you give him a break.

Comment

I think that you cant judge a character after 1 ep

Comment

although in the past i was not a fan of beau(sp) i think that so far he has done a good job as landry.

Comment

I find him funny but i hope we can see a serious side of him aswell which i think is necessary for the job. But he will never be in comparison to the legend that is Don S Davis.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I think that Beau will turn out all right. From what I could see in the one episode he´s been in so far he´s not done anything to indicate other wise. Just give him time.

Now my personal top geek pick for the new general would have been Patrick Steward

Comment

That would change the show too much
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                      I think that Beau will turn out all right. From what I could see in the one episode he´s been in so far he´s not done anything to indicate other wise. Just give him time.

Now my personal top geek pick for the new general would have been Patrick Steward
                      Oh puhleese, from Starfleet Captain to SGC General. Now that would have put the icing on the funeral cake.

Beau Bridges was a good choice and I think he'll show that in upcoming episodes.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        What about Jack
                        I dont like Jack as general, you could tell he didn't like being a General and that he would rather be with SG1.
                        Plus it's not Jack's style either. He's an action guy, he's not one for doing paperwork

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                          I think that you cant judge a character after 1 ep
                          I TOTALLY AGREE,.......although you can get a good idea of how they are going to be after 'their' first episode

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Managed to judge Vala just fine
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

The people who automatically love Landry from just one episode obviously never liked O'Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by JackDaniel41
                                The people who automatically love Landry from just one episode obviously never liked O'Neill.
                                And what information do you base this on
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X