This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackDaniel41
    The people who automatically love Landry from just one episode obviously never liked O'Neill.
    Really? So the people who loved Jack as general, obviously never liked Hammond. Where did YOU learn logic?

Oh, and I haven't seen the word "love" used, but like would be a good substitute.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

The people who automatically love Landry from just one episode obviously never liked O'Neill.
      I like O'Neill, and I also like Landry.

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        And what information do you base this on
        After eight years with the same character as colonel and then general, how could you like Landry after one episode? I know a lot of people didn't like RDA. To me if you didn't like RDA it's easier to accept Beau Bridges as Landry.

Comment

Hammond was a SG-1 staple like RDA. Landry was in one episode. There's no comparison.

Comment

Hammond was a SG-1 staple like RDA. Landry was in one episode. There's no comparison.
            And "staples" get removed and replaced.

As for no comparison....Beau Bridges is an extremely accomplished actor, with many different roles under his belt. I thought he did a very good job in his first appearance as General Landry, but to be honest, I've seen other clips of him, from other episodes.
            Last edited by Lida; 19 July 2005, 09:31 AM.
            On fighting:

Comment

I think I know why some people dont like Landry so much, he reminds people of laundry! And who likes laundry? Noone! So the conclusion is as long as there is laundry in the world, Landry will not be liked. I propose a change of name.

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Ahem

First: Let us remember that while the character is open territory, Gateworld rules state to respect the actor. Criticize his performance,fine, but do not call the man (or any of the actors/cast/crew) names.

second: Let's avoid the generalizations - no pun intended - about who likes or doesnt' like the new characters.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  Ahem

First: Let us remember that while the character is open territory, Gateworld rules state to respect the actor. Criticize his performance,fine, but do not call the man (or any of the actors/cast/crew) names.

second: Let's avoid the generalizations - no pun intended - about who likes or doesnt' like the new characters.
                  I'll take "your second" first....I thought it was a great pun, intended or not!

Now, for "your first", I'm sorry, but perhaps I missed the name calling, but I was under the impression that as long as you kept your post civil (which I would hope we all do), that naming an actor is ok. Am I wrong?

One other tiny, little thing.....if we can't generalize (sorry) about who likes the characters, what do we post? I'm not trying to be funny, I just don't understand, must be a lack of coffee.
                  On fighting:

Comment

i think it is imposssible to judge a character after one episdoe - i loved him by the way but all opinions can change.
                    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Not true.
                      Originally posted by McKay's Girl
                      I like O'Neill, and I also like Landry.
                      Ditto. Landry is more vocal, IMO, than Hammond was (and I did like Hammond). Landry even has a basketball hoop in his office.

And I agree what others have said on this board, you can't judge a character by just one episode.

Comment

there will never be anyone like Hammond.

there will never be anyone as awesome as Jack.

but IMO, of all the new faces TPTB put in, Beau Bridges as Gen. Landry was very good. And I believe as the episodes get going he will become better.

Comment

I hope that TPTB give us a better background of how and why Gen. Landry was given this "plum" position.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            there will never be anyone like Hammond.

there will never be anyone as awesome as Jack.

but IMO, of all the new faces TPTB put in, Beau Bridges as Gen. Landry was very good. And I believe as the episodes get going he will become better.
                            I quite agree with Gatebee and all the other posters who have posted positive comments about the casting of Beau Bridges as Gen. Landry.

IMO Beau is an wonderful actor with a long track record of excellent performances in many types of roles. Time is needed for the development of any new character, and I look forward to seeing what nuances he will bring to his role.

Of course he's not Hammond or Jack. What I don't understand is why would anyone want an imitation of them? If written well, an entirely new character can only expand the Stargate universe and make it more interesting. I'm certain that Beau will bring much more to his role than is expected by the naysayers here.

Comment

When i mentioned name calling, i may have been thinking of another thread where folks called one of the actors a moron. However, even if the transgression isn't in this thread, the rule does still apply

and the generalizations i was speaking of are comments like 'anyone who hates beau must have been fans of Bauer'

Since you can't get into a person's head, you can't know precisely how or why a person likes or dislikes a character.

It's like saying every person that likes daniel must hate carter. In a few cases, sure it's true, but not for everyone.

those are the generalizations i'm speaking of

people will like or dislike hank for their own reasons
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've always liked Beau Bridges and I think he will make a fantastic commander for the SGC. Hammond was special, our first commander (not technically, I guess, but still), but I don't think they could have done a better job at picking a new commander than BB. He seemed to slip into role like butter.
                                sigpic
                                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                                X